Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE
[Field Class] Razzle Dazzle Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

robot kitten

Tipsy Pirate

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 1:41 pm
kuroopu
quoting you yet again.. cause he's kinda by you….

Kenta growled and crouched quickly as he saw the incoming apple mush. Glad to be in the back of the classroom where he only got hit by a little of much compared to the rest of the class. He stood up, wiped the mush off his ears, and growled bin answer to the teachers question.
"You probably hid them in plan view." Since the apple had exploded.. what other items had he made go from the normal to dangerous. He sighed and he looked around the too normal room. Drat… he would wander into something messy..
He looked over to see if the person he'd met once before (or maybe not have..) had managed to dodge some of the apple mush.  
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 1:54 pm
Even with his furrowed brows and surly expression, there was a moment surprise and a growl that shortly followed after the realization that he was caught off guard. So that was the premise of the class and it appeared that the apple wasn't going to be the first thing to startle them. Was it going to be a game of hide-and-find or is it more like find and trip? Uru sat back in his seat, eyes narrowing on the Professor.

"They're hidden." Anyone in their right mind would know that, that was their first expectation. But this was something that would startle them and, as Darcy said, it affected the hyper-vigilant. "No, it's hidden in plain sight."  

PhiferWolf

Loyal Werewolf

Rikku Takanashi

Friendly Guardian

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 2:32 pm
Camilla was about to turn around to look at Rojo when suddenly the apple on Mr. Darcy's desk exploded! It covered her in apple mush and made her jump for a moment she just blinked then starting laughing "Hah hah! I knew this classroom was to normal!" she laughs then starts brushing off some of the mash she almost wondered what it taste like... almost but she'd need a bath after class which was starting to become the norm for her

When Mr. Darcy got up and explained the premise she started to get excited then thought about her answer 'Everybody is expecting it to be in plain view to be something they can see frankly I wasn't expecting the apple to explode but now everybody is expecting that...' she thinks then nods "They're Hidden! everybody now is expecting them to be in plain sight but I don't think they are" she says eagerly "Im a Dormouse Monster our specie often use the shock scare and one of the classic scares is when someone is expecting a huge monster getting tenser and tenser then jumps like a coiled spring when they hear something only to see a small rat or mouse heh" she says happily with her tail swaying in a pleased manner at her answer  
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 7:42 pm
The exploding apple most certainly caught him off-guard, though he had been paying a bit more attention to the warnings being given by the older student and ghoul beside him when she responded, as well as the others just nearby, to be startled into irritation. Kane, for reasons he'd never to really think too much about, found being caught off-guard rather annoying, and it usually set him into a rather bad mood. This time, though, the reason for the bad mood that was setting in was the fact that he was now covered in apple mush, and his lip curled as he watched the professor make his way to the back of the class.

"Plain sight," he offered his own two cents as he wiped mush off of his face and tried to get as much off of his shirt and pelts -- he'd have to find a way to give those a proper wash later -- as he could, eyeing the ghoul beside him again as she gave her own answer with a brow quizzically raised. There was no way to be sure, of course, until more explosions (or worse?) happened; he had a feeling they'd be in for another surprise regardless of what the answer actually was. The teen realized then that the older boil from earlier was right; nothing was ever normal.

Hm. True enough.

its_ p a o

Witty Punching Bag

iloveyouDIE

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 5:46 am
Aisha's socializing was interrupted by the apple exploding and the undead ghoul flinched a bit, shushed from answering Rojo's question. Normally things like surprises wouldn't bother her but after being sent through bizarre doors and eating candy and being transported to a different dementia, she was a bit on edge when it came to surprises.

Aisha had raised her hand to answer the question, because her Papa had told her that's what you were supposed to do in school (and she had her first year in the one room schoolhouse in the village), but the other students just started yelling out. Her hand faltered, an unsure bob of up and down, until she placed it on the desk and called out like the rest.

"Hidden! Even if they are in plain sight, we still don't know they are traps. Just like the apple." She even pointed to the mass of mush. "It's not much of a trap if you know it's there."  
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 6:25 pm
"Good answers, good reasoning. Now here is the catch-" He pulled out a small pen from his coat clicked it once and then put it away. "What happens when I say 'There are no more traps.' Do you trust my word? Do you now second guess? That motion I just made- was that a signal? Should you take what I say and what I do at face value?" He moved back to the front.

"The fact is you do not know- THIS class is why sudden shock tactics prove both the easiest to preform yet one of the most difficult to master. They are a game of the mind, multilayer and multifaceted. They require careful thought and consideration before execution because sure, the initial shock will give a good rush of FEAR... but what comes after is just as important."

The pen pulled out, he jolted down something on a paper on his desk.

"So I ask again- Where do you think the remaining 'traps' are? In plain sight, or, hidden?" He trapped his head.
"More importantly- tell me why."

Quote:
Simple class. Just post answer in bold red. After 5 Answers we move on.
FYI-late comers welcome just rp out that they've been here whole time what.
Also- I figure dice means math and lets be lazy no maths this class.

Smerdle
iloveyouDIE
Rikku Takanashi
robot kitten
kuroopu
_p a o cx
PhiferWolf

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

Rikku Takanashi

Friendly Guardian

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 8:21 pm
She watched Mr. Darcy closely watched him click the pen then speak of the difficulties of mastering Shock Scare she nods then watches him write on the paper while asking the same question again only wanting a bit more this time

A ear goes back as she considers the things he said and did her tail swaying then flicking randomly as she muses on the question more deeply before pausing in her musing only long enough to look around the room before putting a hand to her chin

Finally she looks at him and nods "Im on the fence right now the gestures you made were obviously trying to make us suspicious yet at the same time were meant to seem innocent... clicking the pen and writing on the paper seemed like a play on the Plain Sight idea to make it so obvious that it seems like Hidden must be the answer but..." A pause "I now say they are In plain sight because now you tried to make it so obvious that it couldn't be it but sometimes the obvious really is it" she says surprisingly calmly for her it may have been a convoluted thought and she could be wrong but she was comfortable with her answer wether it was right or wrong  
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 6:25 am
Apparently, the majority of the answers that were given were for the idea that the traps that Darcy had hidden them in plain sight. It made sense considering the class was about shock scaring. If there were other traps in the room, the professor risked the students triggering them just by walking into the room or have them amble about the class as they got in before the session started. If that was the case, then the fact that the hidden traps could have been triggered would mean that they were liable to have tripped one. Then again, if the traps were laid out and in plain view then it is possible that whatever the item - such as the apple - was inconspicuous and would not have garnered a second glance by the students thus, it was a likelier answer to be. Thinking back to it, the apple exploded when Darcy bent down below the desk. He could chalk it up to avoiding the blast knowing that it were to happen, or that there was some sort of trigger that was behind the desk, blocked from their line of sight. Then that is to say that all the hidden traps were also rigged with some sort of trigger that Darcy held.

Or perhaps he was just over thinking it.

Turning to the ghoul who had recently answered, he huffed at her response. "I agree with you. But to say that Darcy is making it obvious is a stretch. Expect the unexpected when it comes to the teachers." He warned. Leaning back into his chair with his arms crossed, he glared in the direction of the front of the class. "They could be hidden among plain items so that we wouldn't care to look at them a second time, or they could be hidden and Darcy holds the trigger to set them off if we got close. If they were hidden, we could have tripped them when we first came in by accident otherwise. So I stick by my answer - hidden in plain view."  

PhiferWolf

Loyal Werewolf

robot kitten

Tipsy Pirate

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 8:50 am
Kenta snorted to himself, trust this guy? He'd said there were traps about... even if there weren't he'd keep an eye out.. people lied! And he did make sense. Shocking others was easy.... unless they saw you coming then your sneaking and trapping were worthless.

"Well, there will be traps. But I guess since you're trying to teach us to shock... a few will be hidden where we won't expect it, but others will be in plain view in something innocent and normal looking." Like this whole room, he thought to himself."That way there's nothing repeated and you can scare in several ways... getting the most amount of FEAR. And if you have different types,they won't expect the other if you do one.... right? So... I'll say both: some are hidden, others in plain view."
Hope he doesn't mind me saying it's both.. it could be right? Why would it just be one? I would think scaring someone then having them trigger several traps would gather more FEAR than just the first initial scare. Do the unexpected....

But what if this teacher was just making them anxious and there were no traps? Everyone would be nervous and twitchy.. and there wasn't anything there!  
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 9:16 am
Rojo sat up very straight when the apple on Darcy's desk exploded. That had been thoroughly unexpected. When their instructor then asked a question of them, the skeleton was too busy wiping fruity chunks out of his eye sockets to give it much thought, but by the time the second query rolled around, he was back to smiling. His hand waved briefly through the air before he spoke.

"I think the traps are hidden. That pen click there," he somehow managed to make a clicking sound with a tongue he didn't possess, "started some sort of countdown! That would be a way to generate FEAR, correct? Getting us all worked up before you strike! Anticipation!" Rojo spread his fingers in a show of bony fireworks.

Smerdle
Crew

Scamp

its_ p a o

Witty Punching Bag

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 9:48 am
Kane continued about his task of cleaning the fruit gunk off of his clothes as the professor continued with his lecture. His eyes flicked only once from staring at the terrible stain that now covered the most of his shirt to Darcy when he clicked the pen, his entire body tensing for all of a second before he narrowed his eyes and went back to getting the rest of the apple mush.

He repeated the question, though, after he'd jotted something on his desk, and Kane gave it a thought before giving his answer. "It's a Shock Scare class, so I think it'd be common sense to avoid places that could have potential hidden traps. If it's in plain sight then the victim has no way of knowing what to avoid, where to avoid," and he trailed off from there.

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 6:52 am
Aisha listened to the teacher and then to her fellow students but she still felt like things would be hidden.

"I agree with Rojo.." She even pointed at the skeleton, sitting up in her seat on top of her own foot in anticipation. "I think they are hidden too. Using our worries and paranoia against us!"

smerdle
supportin yo points bro

iloveyouDIE

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 10:24 am
Darcy looked at the students directly before he sighed loudly, ran his hand through his hair, adjusted his glasses and walked very calmly to Kenta's desk.

"Clever." He gave the boil a small approving pat on his shoulder before moving to the back of the room. Then, he paced along the floor, altering his steps to avoid a single tile- And then all seats but Kenta's bounced. A small thump meant only to alarm. "Also correct. The best scares use both to the best advantage. FEAR harvesters will change and alter things to use every single asset to their greatest outcome. Now here lies the problem. To use both at once is naturally a contradiction is it not? How can something be hidden yet in plain view at once? The answer students is varied. Or rather, allow variance. Imagine that the desk itself has crude whoopie cushion on it. Not exactly hidden, yet sometimes- someone just wont look- right there people fall prey to their own actions. This trap in plain view. But what you cannot see is the chair itself is built to collapse. Multilayer. Both at once. This is just one example of how you can use the basic method of shock scare. Convoluted, confusing."

Darcy tapped the back wall twice before walking back to the front.

"Now where is the final trap?"

Quote:
Simple class. Just post answer in bold red. After 5 Answers we move on. (Feel free to quote me after 5 answers ;A; I thought I had tagged this but seems I didn't. Sorry guys!
FYI-late comers welcome just rp out that they've been here whole time what.

Smerdle
iloveyouDIE
Rikku Takanashi
robot kitten
kuroopu
_p a o cx
PhiferWolf

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 10:32 am
Uru was raising himself with his elbows at this point, growling as his eyes crested the desk surface, glaring at Darcy. When the professor mentioned the desk being a crude trap, he jumped to his feet a few steps as if the table was actually rigged to do something! And he certainly wasn't going to sit down now that the professor said something about a collapsing chair. Grumbling, the demon crossed his arms.

"Knowing this place, I'd wager the jack door."

Okay, he was pissed, but he had every right to be, right? Right?  

PhiferWolf

Loyal Werewolf

Rikku Takanashi

Friendly Guardian

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 1:06 pm
One of Camilla's ears went back as the professor seemingly was only happy with one student's answer a undead canid boil by the looks of it she watched him intently as he stopped at the boil's desk then very pointedly avoided a tile on the floor

She was focusing on that tile when suddenly her seat bounced alittle causing her to jump a bit "Eep! Oh! heh heh!" she laughs then nods and gets up before looking the desk over once Mr. Darcy finished pointing out both methods were important to use at once time if possible after looking the desk over a bit she finally sat back down uncaring if it really would collapes or not however she doubted it would simply because he said it would

Now quite curious as to where the last trap was she looked inside the desk, scanned the room with her eyes, she even got up briefly to look at the professor's desk before finally sitting back down "I Think the next trap is in or triggered by something in your desk or maybe the chair at your desk" She says happily before turning to the wolf boil she had waved at when first entering class he seemed really agitated for some reason did he not like the class? Well his suggestion about the door seemed pretty good but she was comfortable with her guess too  
{ Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff