Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "RPC" *Roleplay Central*
A Cursed Knight (Greedy Fatcat and Okami A.) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:01 am
Greedy Fat Cat
Okami Ameras

[ HAHA, what the heck are you doing up, Okami! It's late! I'll post tomorrow morning-day. But as for the feast, we can sort of do a last post about it. Sort of like, it was the last time they saw each other? With them being so busy, Rakil with his knight duties and Reguna with his father dying and the weather not being so good. And then Rakil gets sent away and doesn't come back for a year (or more?) before coming back as a woman. ALSO! I thought his name was Rakil, not Razil? Is it a typo in your profile or posts? If so, I want to edit my posts accordingly, since it bugs me, haha. ]
((Derp, it's Rakil. I'm tired. xd No need to edit. But yeah, that sounds good.))

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:12 pm
Okami Ameras

Reguna stepped down from the carriage, glancing around. People tugged on Rakil in front of him, fervently getting him towards the castle doors. Reguna laughed a little, his face smug and warm despite the cold. He nodded, waving his hands to make do with him, and they managed to push Rakil through the doors, Reguna following close behind.

The festive atmosphere was apparent. He could hear his father's loud voice and then his laugh. Reguna didn't even have to see him to know he was having a good time. Others danced around, motivated by the quartet.

Further along the great hall was the food, the aroma very pleasing. Reguna took in his surroundings, a few people offering him to dance or a plate of food. He waved them off with slight disinterest, before looking around to locate Rakil. Surely, he wasn't in the greatest of moods after being reminded of his late father and that smile of his was merely a mask to hide behind.

The redhead was easy to spot, being that he was surrounded by gracious people. Reguna couldn't get close enough to tell him that he was going to take his leave, but was able to catch his eye. He gave a congratulatory smile before lowering his head slightly and left for the staircase.

Reguna preferred to watch from above, overlooking the great hall from the balcony above, leaning his chin on his hand as he propped his elbow up, watching the happiness below.
Whether Reguna knew it or not, this was nearly the last time such a happy occasion existed in this hall. The smile he had given Rakil would be his last.

[ Is that good? I'm sorta brain dead. =_=;; ]  

Greedy Fat Cat

Greedy Fatcat

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:50 pm
Greedy Fat Cat

((It's good. ~thumbs up~))

Glancing up, I saw Reguna catching my eye. His smile was enough and I returned it. I spent that night feasting and celebrating with the people.

~~~

Life as a knight was slightly easier then being a squire, but far busier in a different way. I guarded the castle, patrolled the land's boarders, and attended royal balls as security. I didn't get a chance to see Reguna; oh, I saw him in the hallways, but never long enough to even give a passing glance or greeting.

Gran was getting sicker, but he was still as shrewed a ruler as ever. One day he sent me away to the frozen, icy coast, to deal with an evil sorceress who had been raising nasty monsters.

I donned my white fur-lined armor, took up my blade; the holy scimitar known as "Lunar Ray," and packed up the provions I would need for the journey. I tried to find Reguna to say good bye-- I faced this mission alone, and with dread in my heart-- but I couldn't find him. He wasn't in any of his usual haunts.

I went to the courtyard to get my horse, a beautiful golden mare with a white mane and tail and a star on her forehead. I had named her Astra; a gift from King Gran. The squires lead her to me as I stood in the castle courtyard, all groomed with her saddle ready. I thanked them and tossed the two boys a gold coin each, and mounted my trusty steed. She was gentle but swift, and would bring me to my destination quickly.

With a click of my tongue I rode her quietly through the castle, and then through the capital. The entire time I kept a smile on my face, and I waved to the people who greeted me.

Soon I was in the forest. I turned and looked back at the capital. My home. I was doing this for my home. For the first time since getting the mission I frowned in worry and my hands trembled. The Capital shone as the sun set, casting orange and purple hues on the buildings and making the castle glow with dawn hues.

I was probably going to go to my death. I had no choice in this matter. I realized this as I turned my horse away from the capital and didn't look back.

I set my jaw and clicked my tongue-- and Astra picked up the pace, swiftly reaching a gallop as I raced off into the forest.

~Three Years Later~

Astra's hooved clopped quietly through the forest. I flicked a curly strand of crimson hair out of my face as I gently pulled back her reigns.

There was the capital. Just as I remembered it. How long has it been since I saw it? It gleamed in the midday sun, with the castle at the very center.

Three years since I was sent away to deal with the sorceress. Three years since I killed her, and her final spell turned me into a woman. She tried to possess me, warp me, twist my body into a form she herself would have liked to inhabit... she failed to change me mentally, failed to possess me, but it was still hard to get used to having a bosom... While being female was... annoying... I was glad I had survived to tell the tale.

I wondered how Reguna was doing. I wondered if he had died of boredom yet. I chuckled at the thought. No, he would deal with it, deal like he always had.

No one would recognize me, I was sure. Hopefully. My hair was longer, curlier, my skin slightly darker, and I wore deep red robes and glasses. My face was softer, my body leaner, though it was hidden by my robes. The glasses were enchanted, and helped me identify other enchanted items. My bag was enchanted too, and I kept a number of useful items in there-- including Lunar Ray and a bow and and a quiver of arrows in which I had gotten used to using whilst hunting in the frozen north.

After I had killed the socress I had stuck around her tower, reading the boks and learning the magic she had wielded. Not the evil, undead raising or monster summoning stuff, mind you. I found I had a talent for mental and elemental magics. I sometimes wondered what I would do once I became male again.

I tried to stave off the thoughts that came with me returning to being a male. Would I return to being a knight...? Or would I do something else? Living on my own, making my own choices was incredibly refreshing-- not that being a knight didn't have it's own fun... but the taste of freedom was addicting, and left me forever changed.

With a click from my tongue, Astra stepped forward and started clopping gently into town. My first stop; the market. Hopefully I could find what I needed to help reverse this blasted curse there. As long as I avoided the castle, I should be fine.

A few moments later I reached the tented stalls of the marketplace. I slid off my horse and set her infront of a trough to drink, and I stepped into a stall selling potion ingredients.

((What 'Rakil' looks like now. User Image))

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:53 pm
Okami Ameras

It was a long night indeed.

The sun that had shone its face yet again today was not the same fortunate sun that shone so many years ago. It had been one year since the death of King Gran and with it, an everlasting drought. The sun, which had once brought sunshine and warmth to the chilly lands of Vasron were now bleaching and arid rays sent to dry the already parched fields. Even though Vasron's people had cried, raining with tears, the skies still remained to be unforgiving.

Time had changed Reguna. From a bored young prince to a weary young king, Reguna had three years of exhaustion on his face. His father held a lot of bothers, ones that Reguna knew he had to undertake. The two years his father had been stricken with sickness, Reguna had to gradually take on the king's responsibilities. A mere four days after the king's death and funeral, Reguna underwent coronation as king. These times were difficult for Reguna.

-

The tiles of the roof breaking made an odd noise under his boots, snapped as soon as they were stepped on. Many fell to the floor as they broke, catching many of the market's frequenters attention. Breathing heavily, he ran along the roof until the tiles grew faulty. He slipped on the tiles, sliding off the roof with a gruff response and then into a wooden stall, snapping the boards of the roof of a potions stall.

Reguna grunted, rubbing his eyes from the dust and coughed, rolling onto his side before managing to stand. The stall owner was hysterical and the commotion began to attract attention. He coughed again, covering his mouth with a gloved hand before dusting himself off.
The stall owner demanded an explanation from the dark haired stranger, but Reguna had failed to listen. Indeed, he did look much different. Throughout the years, Reguna had developed a habit of running away from the palace every once in awhile to escape from the stress of his occupation. After coming across an item that allowed its user to change his hair color temporarily, Reguna began to frequently leave the palace for the capital city. He liked exploring, finding it far more interesting than being behind castle walls. No one seemed to recognize him, especially after Reguna stopped showing his face to the public so often.

This time, the guards had figured out his plans and decided to give chase. Which would be the reason he was running on the roof. Reguna dusted himself off, rubbing out the debris from his black hair.

He froze. Red hair. A familiar shade, too. Reguna paused, looking around. The stall owner seemed to get louder and more people gathered around the broken stall. Reguna glanced at the woman. No, it couldn't be right. That was years ago. His eyes lingered on her, his dashing violet eyes much of the same. He heard distinct shouting in the distance, probably owned by the guards and grit his teeth. Time to run.

Reguna scrambled out of the stall, despite the efforts of the stall owner to stop him. He was obviously shaken, but Reguna wouldn't dare be caught, lest he would be scolded by the senate. He ducked into an alley, catching his breath...and his racing thoughts.

Greedy Fat Cat

Greedy Fatcat

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:10 pm
Greedy Fat Cat

The stall's contents proved to be lacking. A tiny mandrake root for HOW much!? I had gotten into an argument with the stall's owner over the quality of his wares-- and he told me of the drought that had been affecting the land for the past year. I was about to say that was no excuse when someone crashed through the top of the stall.

The figure was familiar-- save for the shabby clothes and black hair. He rolled over and scrambled to his feet, and he caught a glance at me-- and I him.

Those violet eyes... Reguna? What in heaven's name was he doing out here?

Of course, the crash landing caused the stall owner to start yelling in an almost hysterical fashion. He started demanding things from the dark haired man who could only be Reguna -- he looked so very weary-- as the young man waded through the forming crowed out of the stall.

I took a moment, while the owner was distracted, to palm some smaller ingredients into my long sleeves. His prices were outrageous, after all.

I stepped out of the stall and saw my old friend dive into a alley. Then I saw what he was running from-- the palace guards! I blinked, and an illusory double of the black-haired Reguna darted away from the alley and down the street in the opposite direction. The guards yelled the typical words "After him!" and "Stop!" before chasing the double down the street and out of sight.

It would fade out after a while... after they got sufficiently lost.

My rational mind told me to stay away, lest my friend recognized me... but my loyalty to my friend got the better of me. I slipped away from the commotion of the stall and slunk over to the alley, where I saw him panting and huffing. I stepped in and approached him slowly.

Are you okay... Sir? I said politely, as if I didn't recognize him. Are you hurt? I kept my expression carefully neutral.

My voice had changed some, more feminine and higher pitched. Hopefully he wouldn't recognize me...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:00 pm
Okami Ameras

"Are you okayā€¦Sir? Are you hurt?" A feminine voice called out to him. Reguna looked at her, with a look of forlorn almost, but it change quickly to a questionable one when he noticed that he did not know her. Reguna rubbed his jaw, getting up from leaning on the wall as he inspected the woman. She had a very familiar shade of red hair indeed, and wore a brilliant red as if in a flashy manner.

He raised a brow as he looked at her, walking to her slowly. He rubbed one of his shoulders, his body stiff.

"I am alright," he replied, watching her. It was almost creepy by how much he was staring. "Youā€¦look familiar, like someone I know," he added. Someone who was presumed dead three years ago. He didn't like to think about that person. When he did, ill feelings arose and turned his mood bitter. He played with his sleeve in habitually, finally asking, "Are you related?"

Greedy Fat Cat

Greedy Fatcat

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:21 am
Greedy Fat Cat

Good... he was okay. If perhaps a little stiff from the impact. He moved like such.

Then he focused his eyes on me. He stared... he stared a great deal. I found myself blushing under his violet gaze... thing was, I didn't know if it was embarrassment or... something else... He is kind of cute... no! No! Bad Rakil! You're male! You're male! ... doesn't stop him from being cute. Gah! I shook my head at this train of thoughts as I inwardly berated myself. I snapped out of it when he said that I reminded him of someone-- and if I was related to them? I knew who he was referring too, but I decided to feign ignorance.

Related to who, sir? I asked pleasantly. I can't tell you if I'm related to someone if I don't know who you're talking about.

I put my hands behind my back and tilted my head innocently, trying to suppress a smirk.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:08 pm
Okami Ameras

Reguna made a slightly disappointed face, running a hand through his hair as he paced about. At last, he looked at her again. Of course she wouldn't know who he was referring to, unless she had a particular relative in mind.

"Ah, nevermind, you just look like someone I knew. I hadn't heard he had a sister, so I am surely mistaken," he said. Her mannerisms were surely not the same as that person, no, this woman was more innocent and feminine. She was different than what he had imagined, mainly because he had superimposed his image onto her.

"What is your name, dame?" He asked. He had not seen her around before, which was striking. If he had seen this same shade of red anywhere, he was sure he would have remembered.

Greedy Fat Cat

Greedy Fatcat

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:21 pm
Greedy Fat Cat

I think I have him fooled. He was suspicious-- surly I reminded him of myself. I was beginning to wonder if it was cruel to continue to fool him. I kept my expression fairly neutral as I thought about this. Still... would it hurt to wound my pride a little...? No, wait. There was another reason. Oh yes! It was illegal for a woman to be a knight, or for a knight to turn away from his duties. If it was known, I'd surly be killed... Yes, yes, I'll keep up the act.

Now he was asking for a name. Oh, damn, I hadn't thought of that. Uhhh...

I reached up and ran my fingers through my crimson curls. I sniffed the air-- the air was drier then I was used too here. Perhaps the seller was telling the truth about the drought. Was that also a hint of magic on the wind too, causing it? Call me... Raine. I said. Raine Ameras. I am a wandering sorceress. I am currently seeking a way to end the drought. Would you happen to know anything about it? Also, I didn't catch your name...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:44 pm
Okami Ameras

Reguna paused, noting her hesitance when asked about her name. Was this an alias? Probably. He crossed his arms, leaning on his leg.

"My name is Reguna," he stated. There really was no use in lying about himself. Besides, there were many people who named their children after the royalty. He probably met about ten Gran's in his life.

"And good luck with the end of the drought. It's been happening ever since the old king grew sick and passed away. And our current king is useless. It's a bit of a lost cause," he said, rubbing his head. He was certainly referring to himself about being useless. Reguna looked a bit bitter about it. He then looked down at his shirt.
"Ah," he murmured, ripping the top button off his shirt. "Here." He tossed her the button. It was made of gold with an intricate detail on it. "To account for the money you were going to buy for those potions that I, ugh, smashed," he mentioned. He then pocketed his hands. Of course, he should be paying the potions stall owner as well, but Reguna didn't have enough pocket money for him. He'd send some accommodation later on, he supposed, despite the hysterical and annoying yelling he had received.

Greedy Fat Cat

Greedy Fatcat

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:57 pm
Greedy Fat Cat

I caught the button easily and looked it over. It glimmered in the light.

Huh... The drought started when the old king died? That's... interesting. I said aloud, my eyebrows furrowing in confusion. The old man, who had kind of been like a father to me since my own vanished, hadn't been much of a magic user. then again, we never saw him much. What had he been hiding?

I put my hand to my chin as I thought about that. I made no response to his self deprecating comment as I didn't know how Reguna was as a king... and I wasn't supposed to know him.

I may need to get into the Castle... I thought to myself. If nothing else, I'll give me a clue as to where to start looking.

I glanced up at Reguna.

This button is quite valuable... you wouldn't happen to be a noble, would you? Could you get me into the castle to allow me a look around? Perhaps I can find a clue if the old king's death and the drought are linked.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:18 pm
Okami Ameras

Reguna scoffed. This woman seriously thought she could end this drought. So much like Rakil; Reguna knew Rakil would've done anything he could to have ended this drought if he were still alive. Reguna gave a wistful sigh, looking at this girl.

This girl was foolish, but she was not dumb. That, he could tell.

"It's hopelessā€¦Raineā€¦Don't you think that the king, his royal guard, and the senate didn't think of everything? They tried all they could." His tone was a bit dejected, until he repeated, "It's hopeless," with a more reaffirmed voice.

"All the king and his advisors can do now are to make empty promises to Vasron's people." He pocketed his hands and then peeked out of the alley. He glanced around before looking back at Raine.
"Even I feel weary of it all."

Greedy Fat Cat

Greedy Fatcat

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:51 pm
Greedy Fat Cat

I shook my head when I heard him say hopeless. I stomped the ground, crossing my arms.

No. No. Not hopeless. Nothing is hopeless. Anything is possible. And the king, the guard, and the council... they're not mages. They don't see like a mage does. A random innocuous object could be the blame for this and you would never know until it's too late and the land had been turned into a cold, bleached white desert. Nothing is hopeless-- you just have to have faith and continue looking!

I looked to him, my eyes starting to glow slightly.

I can even cast a storm summoning spell-- but it would require one hell of an amplifier, and be a short temporary solution for the time being and everyone knows natural weather is better.

I was probably letting too much of my old self through, but it was true. There could be many reasons why the rains had stopped. And they gave up so easily? This was the king I had been hoping to serve? One who just gives up?

It broke my heart, it really did. I closed my eyes and shook my head back and forth as I covered my face with my hands.

I stumbled backward, lightning arcing from myself to my blade which was embedded in the chest of the sorceress. She cackled evilly, before forming one last spell in her hands. It was the spell she was going to use possess me, warp me, turn me into just a puppet with my control torn away.

And yet when she threw it, Lunar Ray, in her chest, started to glow. Part of the spell had been deflected.

I blacked out at it struck me. All there had been was terrible, terrible agony....

But I woke to a female body, and a mind that was my own. It was all thanks to Lunar Ray.

I blinked out of the flashback and looked back to him. Maybe, I thought to myself. ... maybe I need to be my land's Lunar Ray.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:12 pm
Okami Ameras

Reguna laughed a bit at Raine's enthusiasm. Despite her being a female, she really reminded her of Rakil. He combed a hand through his dark hair. It had gotten long, needed to be tied back to keep out of his face.

His eyes then looked down to stare at that sword of hers. Making no face of it, Reguna glanced back up.

"Right, you're a sorceress. You think you can solve anything with magic. Sadly, the lot of you magic users hate the senate. So we can't really do much about not seeing things the same way," he murmured. He shrugged, peaking out of the alley again.

"Look, I don't think I can be of much help, after all, I'm quite useless," he admitted, clapping his gloved hands together while heaving a large breath. "But if you think you can do something, lemme know," he mentioned before ducking out of the alley, waving to her a farewell

Greedy Fat Cat

Greedy Fatcat

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:30 pm
Greedy Fat Cat

I watched him leave, and I just waved back sadly. I wonder if I would have gotten a different response out of him had I told him I was Rakil.

I shook my head and looked down at my bag. I took the things out of my sleeves and put them in, watching them vanish into the abyss of my ever-pack.

I wondered if I should even bother. If he wasn't trying, then he wouldn't have any reason to try and help even if I had found a possible solution.

Still, I said I would. I sighed. I wondered if I would find the reason for the drought.

After a moment the smell of magic around me changed. The magic that kept the land parched and dry was fading.... fading? No. It wasn't fading... it merely was whatever causing it was moving away.

Wait. Raguna was going in that direction. I stepped out of the alley and watched his retreating back. I sniffed. Smells like... a curse? Of course. Who is more connected to the country and it's people then the current king? It must be a heritage thing. My first clue...

I turned and headed to the opposite direction. There was a major library in this direction. If I couldn't find what I needed there, I may have to go to the royal archives. Perhaps there was a tradition that needed to be done. I knew Reguna wasn't much of a traditionalist-- he wouldn't participate in most of the traditions, thus if it was something that needed to be done, he wouldn't do it. Was it simply because he was lazy, or was it... something more?

One way or another, I had given my word. And it needed to be done.

"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff