khionna

Salty Wench

39,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:42 pm
Starphyr

Honest opinion, and I know this will come off harsh, but I'm not meaning for it to. Around 2/10.

Why? Because the color balance is off, the avatar itself isn't really cohesive, and most of the big items belong to the same set so it doesn't take much effort to match them. The rainbow hair sticks out and throws it off as well. The shading on the items that are not from the set is a different tone from the ones that are. The orange on the weapons doesn't match the rest of the avatar at all.

Like I said, I know that sounds harsh, but I've been in the whole avi making and rating game for years.. the fashion guilds and forums were my home for the longest time, and that would be an honest rate based on the traditional matching, effort, layering, over all composure, etc criteria for an actual thought out, non-sugar coated, avatar rate.

What really matters though is that you enjoy your avatar, so if you like it then, at the end of the day, that's all that matters.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:46 am
Ryaly
Starphyr
Ryaly
Starphyr
Ryaly
Starphyr
Ok, last night I got bored, so I just threw this avi together, and I really like it. But my question is this: What do you think of this avatar? Quote me so I know you replied please, and I can try to give you my opinion of yours if you would like.

I really like it (:

Thank you! Your is really rad, I mean red! wink

thanks biggrin i change all the time haha

*Hug the Dinosaur!*

aww *hug* i have this in a bunnch of colors haha

Ah. This one of yours looks quite elegant  

Starphyr

Timid Millionaire

5,100 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Starphyr

Timid Millionaire

5,100 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:49 am
ll-Frantic-ll
Starphyr

Honest opinion, and I know this will come off harsh, but I'm not meaning for it to. Around 2/10.

Why? Because the color balance is off, the avatar itself isn't really cohesive, and most of the big items belong to the same set so it doesn't take much effort to match them. The rainbow hair sticks out and throws it off as well. The shading on the items that are not from the set is a different tone from the ones that are. The orange on the weapons doesn't match the rest of the avatar at all.

Like I said, I know that sounds harsh, but I've been in the whole avi making and rating game for years.. the fashion guilds and forums were my home for the longest time, and that would be an honest rate based on the traditional matching, effort, layering, over all composure, etc criteria for an actual thought out, non-sugar coated, avatar rate.

What really matters though is that you enjoy your avatar, so if you like it then, at the end of the day, that's all that matters.

You are honest, and that is what I asked for, so harsh or not, I thank you  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:07 pm
ll-Frantic-ll

Btw: I like the Mizore in your sig.  

Starphyr

Timid Millionaire

5,100 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Starphyr

Timid Millionaire

5,100 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:09 pm
Ok, I have updated my avi, based on advice and preference, and item arability. Can I get everyone's honest opinion on this improved look? Thanx to all in advance who are honest with me  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:53 pm
Starphyr

I actually like this, the colours aren't too bad together. Although using most of the items in the same set is pretty easy to match and doesn't appear unique as it may have been intended too. Wouldn't say the hair hat (the raven hat) goes too well either, it's more of a darker purple or blue compared to the rest of the armour which is black. I think your character would suit a spear, if any weapon compared to a dagger or a sword.

I think you could improve your avatar by replacing it with possibly another accessory, I think HoC's keljana spear might work, as for head accessory, not too sure. I will however point out it's not easy to match items up in that colour set, but that doesn't mean it's impossible. I do think the reve roullie headband or something would match. Sorry if this isn't detailed, 7/10, keep doing avatars you love ^ ^

Caimbrie
Crew

Magical Senshi

Isis Sister Of Osiris

Lonely Girl

15,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cash Grabber 500
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:03 pm
Starphyr
Ok, I have updated my avi, based on advice and preference, and item arability. Can I get everyone's honest opinion on this improved look? Thanx to all in advance who are honest with me

I like this one much better.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:20 pm
La Belle Gigi
Starphyr

I like this one much better.

Thank you. *pets the kitty that is laying down behind your avi*  

Starphyr

Timid Millionaire

5,100 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Starphyr

Timid Millionaire

5,100 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:26 pm
Caimbrie
Starphyr

I actually like this, the colours aren't too bad together. Although using most of the items in the same set is pretty easy to match and doesn't appear unique as it may have been intended too. Wouldn't say the hair hat (the raven hat) goes too well either, it's more of a darker purple or blue compared to the rest of the armour which is black. I think your character would suit a spear, if any weapon compared to a dagger or a sword.

I think you could improve your avatar by replacing it with possibly another accessory, I think HoC's keljana spear might work, as for head accessory, not too sure. I will however point out it's not easy to match items up in that colour set, but that doesn't mean it's impossible. I do think the reve roullie headband or something would match. Sorry if this isn't detailed, 7/10, keep doing avatars you love ^ ^
What kind of a spear would you recommend?  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:34 pm
Starphyr

Probably a long spear of some sorts.  

Caimbrie
Crew

Magical Senshi

Starphyr

Timid Millionaire

5,100 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:35 pm
Caimbrie
Starphyr

Probably a long spear of some sorts.
Hmmm. I see. Any thing you suggest, spear wise I should concider?  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:58 pm
Starphyr

What would be your budget?  

Caimbrie
Crew

Magical Senshi

AstridMiriam

Party Browser

13,100 Points
  • Runway First Vote 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Edward 100