Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE
[OPEN CLASS] First Aid 101 [Estel/Xavier] FIN Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Blade Kuroda rolled 1 10-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-10)

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:00 pm
"Yeah! I guess so. I don't know if that would help it warm up any more, though."

With a shrug, Xavier soon began to wander about for their next 'victim'. He spotted one that was unattended, then made his way over.

"Let's fix this one up!"  
Luridel rolled 1 10-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-10)
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:16 pm
"Right!" She hurried on over, poking at the dummy's arms and legs to see if it also had something broken. "...this one feels warm, yeah?"  

Luridel

Loyal Gatekeeper

Blade Kuroda rolled 2 4-sided dice: 1, 1 Total: 2 (2-8)

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:18 pm
"Alright. So we gotta cool it down."

Xavier picked up a piece of paper and started to fan at it. That should help, right? When he felt warm, a fan usually helped out some.  
Luridel rolled 2 4-sided dice: 1, 2 Total: 3 (2-8)
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:22 pm
"What are you doing?" Estel frowned, going off to look for an ice pack. She found one in the supply closet and hurried back, although something seemed a bit wrong. Why wasn't it as cold as she wanted?

She wrapped it in a bit of shredded paper towel so it wouldn't touch the dummy's bare skin (where had she learned that from?) and waited. After several minutes, she realized it really wasn't cooling anything down.

"Um..." Giving up, she tossed the ice pack away. "...let's just pick another one."  

Luridel

Loyal Gatekeeper

Blade Kuroda rolled 1 10-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-10)

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:26 pm
"Cooling it down? Or trying to.."

Despite their best efforts, the dummy wasn't cooling any. Its fever persisted. Xavier scratched the side of his face again, then shrugged. Maybe they would have better luck with the next one.

"Um.. okay. How about that one over there?"  
Luridel rolled 1 10-sided dice: 9 Total: 9 (1-10)
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:28 pm
Estel made her way over to the dummy, examining it thoroughly. It was neither warm nor cool, and all its limbs seemed to be on straight. In experimentally windmilling one of its arms around, she knocked a small note to the ground. "Hmm?" Picking it up, she read out loud, "'This patient has stopped breathing.'"

Well, that wasn't too encouraging.

She looked at Xavier. "Does that mean they're already dead?"  

Luridel

Loyal Gatekeeper

Blade Kuroda rolled 2 4-sided dice: 1, 2 Total: 3 (2-8)

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:32 pm
Xavier blinked at that, then looked over the dummy.

"No. I don't think so. They're pretty close to dying though.. Kind of like if someone's drowning? I think we're supposed to do CPR or something like that."

Of course, he didn't really know how to do CPR properly. He just had a vague idea of what it looked like. And so, he placed his hands over the dummy's chest and began to pump down several times.  
Luridel rolled 2 4-sided dice: 3, 4 Total: 7 (2-8)
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:34 pm
"Sounds good!" Estel clapped her hands and then... stood by and let Xavier do all the work. She did her best to seem encouraging, patting the dummy on the head as if to tell it that it was going to be okay.

Somehow.

At least she was learning by watching Xavier, right?  

Luridel

Loyal Gatekeeper

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:40 pm
It seemed to work out in their favor.

"Hey. I think that worked," he stated, stopping with the CPR attempt, now. Xavier turned towards Estel and grinned.

"Good work! I think that should be enough for now. Unless you want to try and get more practice in," he nodded. Personally, he was feeling pretty good. He was able to pick up a few things from this little activity. But at the same time, he wouldn't mind more practice if she wanted to keep going for awhile longer.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:46 pm
"I don't really feel very confident in this class," Estel admitted, looking around. "I mean, it's one thing to put a blanket around a dummy, but... there are a lot of special circumstances with real people, yeah? Like, some of 'em are naturally warm, or cold..." She'd seen plenty of guests at the Cat's Cradle who had required special accomodations, be they temperature adjustments in their room or strange dietary requirements. No emergencies had come up then, of course.

"Do you think I did well enough...?" She knew, even as she asked, that she felt like she hadn't. Even though she didn't want to, she would have to practice some more.  

Luridel

Loyal Gatekeeper

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:48 pm
"Yeah.. that's true. And I guess a lot of undead or ghosts don't breathe normally either. Fixing the broken arm was probably the best practice we got so far."

Xavier considered it for a bit, then looked around at the other dummies that still remained in the room.

"Why don't you go pick out another. Maybe we'll be able to fix something nice?"

Well. 'Nice.' These were pretend patients and all.  
Luridel rolled 1 10-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-10)
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:51 pm
Estel sighed. Closing her eyes, she spun around in a circle. When she stopped moving, she was pointing directly at one of the dummies. "That one!"  

Luridel

Loyal Gatekeeper

Blade Kuroda rolled 1 10-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-10)

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:53 pm
"Alright!"

Xavier cheerfully made his way over to the dummy. He rested a hand on its arm, then frowned lightly.

"Oh. This one is feeling warm too," he stated, sounding a little disappointed.

"What was that thing you grabbed earlier for the other one?"  
Luridel rolled 2 4-sided dice: 4, 1 Total: 5 (2-8)
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:56 pm
Estel retrieved the ice pack from the floor where she'd left it, unwrapping the paper towel to hold it up and show Xavier. "Ice packs? They're like ice inside plastic, you--" She paused, the directions now visible. "...oh." Estel squished the ice pack between her fists. There was a crunch noise. She shook it, rewrapped it in the paper towel, and held it to the dummy's forehead.  

Luridel

Loyal Gatekeeper

Blade Kuroda rolled 2 4-sided dice: 3, 4 Total: 7 (2-8)

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:59 pm
"Oh! Okay."

Xavier nodded, then hurried on off to fetch one of the packs. Picking one out, he made his way back to the dummy and broke it, just as Estel had. He placed the ice pack onto the other side of its head for a little while. After a few moments, he pulled the pack back.

"I think it's working."

But it still needed to cool down a little more, he figured. Fever and all. While they were waiting, he decided to try a bit of small talk.

"So. Did you have anything in mind when you came to this school?"  
{ Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces