Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN
[Mentor PRP] Once you find your center [Estel/Shun] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Luridel

Loyal Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:38 pm
Estel considered the prospect.

She could float, if she so chose and had room, meaning her footsteps wouldn't make a sound. She didn't even need to breathe. But there was probably more to stealth than being really quiet.

Estel looked down at her glaringly-rainbow socks, then up, grinning at Shun. "Okay!"  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:45 pm
"Very well. The first part will be dealing with your footfalls and your body in general. For this exercise, you will not be allowed to float. You will need to be conscious of how you're moving, exactly. The sound of your foot touching the ground. The rustle of your clothing. And so on. Come, we'll work in the gym. There's less ambient noise in there that could potentially mask you."

With that, he made his way to the school gym.  

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Luridel

Loyal Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:45 pm
Oh. Well, if floating was cheating, then she did have something to learn. "Alright!" Gathering her belongings, she followed after Shun.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:53 pm
Shun checked to make sure the gymnasium was clear. Thankfully, it was. The place was pretty dim lit and it was dead silent within. He kept his own steps as silent as possible, as he moved on towards the center of the place.

"To begin, we'll go over the way you walk. With each step you take, you'll want to basically roll your foot onto the ground. Else it'll end up slapping it lightly."

He took a few steps, slowly, to try and demonstrate.  

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Luridel

Loyal Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:35 am
Estel set her bag down and made certain that her feet were touching the ground before she took a few experimental steps. She put her toes down first and then her heels; the heels made a faint sound on the gymnasium floor when she did.

"Maybe I need better shoes." Estel sighed.

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:14 pm
"Your footwear will impact it, yes. If you wish, you can try going bare footed first. Then as you improve in skill, you can move on with shoes for extra challenge and the like."

Luridel

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Luridel

Loyal Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:46 pm
"Oh." Estel bent down and undid the buckles on her shoes, stepping out of them. Shun had told her to try barefoot, but she found herself reluctant to take her socks off.

Once again, she took a few steps - quietly, this time.

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:57 pm
"Good. Good."

With a nod, Shun reached into his pocket and offered a sticky note.

"I will sit in the center of the gym. Your task is to get this on me before I can detect you. I'll have my eye closed and will just be listening. If I hear you, you get a blade thrown at you. It'll be a test of your reflexes as well."

He waited a moment for that to sink in.

"Understood?'"

Luridel

Estel must travel across the gym towards Shun to try and not get noticed. This will take 5 rolls of travel. Each time she moves forward, roll 1d4. Depending on what's rolled, it'll add to her "detection level". If a detection level of 4 is reached, she will be detected.

1 - A fair bit of noise is made +3 detection
2 - It's more of a rustle +2 detection
3 - Something very faint +1 detection
4 - Completely silent +0 detection

If her detection level hits 4 or more, Shun will throw a blade blindly. Basically I'll roll 1d20. And you'll roll a defense roll to that to see if she can avoid it. Also a 1d20.

If she manages to reach Shun without hitting max detection, she gets to slap a sticky note on him.

Keep track of how many rolls and what her current detection level is at the bottom of your post.

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Luridel rolled 1 4-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-4)

Luridel

Loyal Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:02 pm
Estel shrugged, taking the sticky piece of paper. "Okay." She wasn't too bothered by the idea of the alumni throwing weapons at random in the gym - hopefully nobody else would get too close.

Once Shun had left to go sit down, Estel took a pen out of her bag and scribbled something on the sticky note. Leaving her bag and her shoes behind, Estel started walking... very slowly. He hadn't put a time limit on her, after all.

-

First roll.
Detection level: 1  
Luridel rolled 1 4-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-4)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:04 pm
As Estel walked forward, she passed the sticky note between her fingers, sticking it to her thumb, then her pointer finger, then her pinky-- she cringed as the paper made a faint noise.

-

Second roll.
Detection level: 3  

Luridel

Loyal Gatekeeper

Luridel rolled 1 4-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-4)

Luridel

Loyal Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:11 pm
As Estel put her foot down, the gym floor squeaked faintly. She froze, ready to dodge or jump or whatever she had to do.

-

Third roll.
Detection level: 5  
Blade Kuroda rolled 1 20-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-20)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:14 pm
Shun knelt onto the floor with his good eye closed. As he waited, he listened carefully to his surroundings. He had picked up on the slight crinkle, but it wasn't really enough for him to pinpoint her location. Shortly after, however, he heard the floor creak.

Somewhat zoning in on her, he reached for one of his weapons and flung it in her direction.  

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Luridel rolled 1 20-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-20)

Luridel

Loyal Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:19 pm
Estel slid to the side, her socks letting her glide on the floor. "Should I go back and start over?" she asked.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:21 pm
Shun eyed her. She had managed to avoid the flying knife. Good. There was that, at least.

"Yes. Start over."

Taking in a deep breath, he settled back down.  

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Luridel rolled 1 4-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-4)

Luridel

Loyal Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:40 pm
Estel collected the knife from the floor and went back to her starting spot, leaving it by her shoes. She took a few moments to stretch, then started walking again.

-

First roll.
Detection level: 1  
THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out