Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Gymnasium & HH } ---------PVP/ Return of the Haunted House
[HH PRP] You Got A Grand Star! (Chance & Abbi) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
AyeAvast rolled 1 8-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-8)

AyeAvast

Sparkly Bunny

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:58 pm
Though she cannot know when she is too busy focused on running down a hallway, Abbi is glad Chance doesn't take the time to go back on what he has to say. She is so used to the harsh rebuttals of Jack and Leslie that a more sedate one takes her by surprise, though remains no less valid.
"Probably is a Detroit thing. When my grows longer faster I'll blame you both." Its not very good, but its the best quip she's got at the moment and Abbi is loathe to leave someone with the last word. "His name is Leslie Miller. He looks like a hood rat most of the time, 'bout the same size as me. If you ever feel like dealing with a yappy, angry puppy I'll make sure to bring him around sometime." She laughs and points at Chance in warning.
"But you can't pull his hair! Only I can. Best friend perks."

Abbi clatters into the ballroom with wide eyes and tripping feet as she's trying to take in the whole room as quickly as possible without pausing to bother with proper balance. Each time the Haunted House changes and she was hoping that one day she'd run into something the same, but it doesn't seem meant to be.
She finally rights herself and steadies her scythe, about to explain what their goal is when an arrow whizzes past her. The girl blinks at the ghost that splits in two, then twists her torso to blink at Chance.
"Yowza!" A stifled laugh leaves her before she gives into the giggles, tripping back toward him. "Call me massively impressed, Bones. Don't think I've seen such a nice hit from a newbie." But the real fun is only just beginning.

Just like before the two halves of the former creature split and make a second blob. Abbi siddled up to Chance, looking much more herself with a mischievous smile tilting her mouth up.
"They're supposed to do that." Is all she allows before she places the blade of her scythe between him and the sedately hovering ghosts that move towards him.
"And they're gonna keep doing that sooo... I'll run defense and heals and you... Get some practice in!"

HP: 50
Damage: Nah
Defending Target: Chance
Defending For: ...1
Charge: 1/3

kuroopu
Abbi seriously neutral
ALSO! Forgot to mention, the receive a charge for a successful hit on the Boos ouob

kuropeco rolled 2 8-sided dice: 4, 6 Total: 10 (2-16)
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:28 pm
He frowned slightly, a little taken aback for once.

"Leslie Miller?" Chance repeated, tapping the end of the bow against his face in a thoughtful gesture, a strange expression of concentration in his eyes. But then he smiled a little and lowered the bow again, a small laugh escaping from his throat.

"That's all right," he said, with a faint tinge of something harder in his voice, barely discernible. "I don't need any more hood rats to hang out with, but I'll be sure to swing by and say hi to a fellow Detroit native." He flashed Abbi a smile that didn't quite reach his eyes.

The ghost creatures looked awfully comical. Chance found he was somewhat amused by them after all, and winked sideways at Abbi. "Thank you."

"So are we supposed to capture them, or just kill them?" he asked, as he drew back the bowstring and let another arrow fly. It zinged across the floor and hit one of the creatures, which gave an angry yowl like a cat and zipped rapidly back and forth in front of them.

CHANCE HP: 39
DMG: 4
BOO #2: 6 HP
BOO #3: 10 HP

ayeavast

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

AyeAvast rolled 1 8-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-8)

AyeAvast

Sparkly Bunny

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:04 pm
At first its so little she doesn't notice. At first Abbi just waits for his response, but it kicks in when Chance repeats the name. Her eyes widen and the girl hops forward with her scythe clutched to her chest, one finger pointed out toward him. She dances under him, angled back to study his face while she hops around.
"What was that?! What was that face!? You don't do anything but smile and you didn't smile an-and it means something but I don't know what do you know him?!" No no nooo he couldn't just leave it at that aaauuggghhhh.
The girl pouts when he gives another vague smiling, shoulders slumping for a second when it lacks anything genuine. He's a tricky one, but she's figuring you out Bones and she's starting to understand you don't mean half of what you say. And Abbi doesn't at all know what to do with that when its wrapped up in a pretty package.

"You gonna wink at me every time I do this right?" She asked with a laugh, waving her scythe at the approaching ghosts. "What happens when I heal you? Two winks?"
Surprised to have forgotten to mention capture, she nods enthusiastically and points at the two blobs that are fairly patient if rather forward.
"Yeah, yeah we can catch them! I've never actually killed one... They always spawn back when I K'O them and I got... Gosh I don't even remember... Like 10 last time?" Maybe it wasn't that many... "And I was all on my own, it was tough!"

Defending For: 6
Charge: 2/3

kuroopu

kuropeco rolled 2 8-sided dice: 6, 7 Total: 13 (2-16)
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:32 pm
He forced a smile, and it was easier than he thought it would have been; just a calm reassurance in Abbi's direction. "Don't worry about it," Chance said lightly, giving a small laugh. "The name's just familiar to someone I thought I knew, is all, but I'm pretty sure I'm mistaken."

Except he was pretty sure he wasn't mistaken, but telling Abbi that might have been a problem.

"Is there something wrong with winking?" he asked her, the smile stretching into a grin. "Sorry. Another habit of mine. And two winks would be a little silly, wouldn't you think?"

One of the creatures bobbed toward them, looking wary. "And what exactly happens when we capture them?" Chance asked curiously, restringing yet another arrow as Abbi's scythe swished defensively in front of him. "What do they do, really?"

He fired off another shot and managed to catch the one, which exploded with a bang and produced two more of the strange white creatures.

DMG: 7
BOO #1: DEAD
BOO #2: DEAD
BOO #3: 10 HP
BOO #4: 10 HP
BOO #5: 10 HP

ayeavast

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

AyeAvast rolled 1 8-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-8)

AyeAvast

Sparkly Bunny

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:42 am
There is nothing quite so maddening as being denied, especially when Abbi has pegged most people as more than willing to gush about themselves. For a second she trips after Chance, confused as to why anyone could say no to her enthusiastic curiosity and she almost asks again. But the ghost in her head pushes and today Abbi just doesn't want to pester someone clearly unwilling to share with her. She takes a step back, trying to keep from pouting.
"Level 4 Friendship, currently locked. Sorry, didn't mean to bother." Another step back, but its quickly retracted. "But if he like owes you money or something... Come to me. I'll pay it back or whatever. He's really stupid but he's my friend and... Maybe I'm wrong, but I think he's getting better."

It is about now that she's finally had enough and the girl whirls to look at him, making a quick show of rolling her eyes before beaming at him.
"I am teasing you, Bones. Poorly, apparently." Her focus shifted back to the blob moving in and Abbi pushing it back with the end of her pole. "Two winks might be silly but I'm guessin' it means something special."
As for information, she was more than happy to supply. Even if, in this particular instance, she really didn't have much to share.
"We bring them back to Deus for testing. Obviously we don't do the testing, us Sun's and Moon's are far too hands on for such tedious work." A laugh and she spins away to face him, wagging her blade at any ghosts that wander too close.
"I-D-K what they do. They might just be left over FEAR or too weak to live anywhere else very well beyond here in the Haunted House. There's not as much FEAR here as there is in Halloween and let me tell you, that is a mega freaky place."

She rolls back onto her heels, cheery once more.
"Got anymore questions, or do I get to think of some?"

Defending For: 5
Charge: 3/3

kuroopu

kuropeco rolled 2 8-sided dice: 1, 6 Total: 7 (2-16)
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:30 pm
He was relatively open, for the most part; secrets were not something that Chance dealt with on a regular basis, since most of the time he saw little point to them. Being honest was a better thing overall, but in this particular matter, Chance thought waiting just a little longer was better.

He gave Abbi a smile. "It's not bothering me. And he doesn't owe me money...I don't think," he added, with a musing expression, tapping a finger against the side of his face. "But don't worry about it, it might not even be what I think it is, so don't think too much, I'll tell you when I know more."

Restringing the bow, Chance slid his fingers down the cold arrow as the boos bobbed up and down in front of them.

"Well..." he said, eyeing them. "They're kind of...well, they're weird."

He fired of the arrow and then turned to look at Abbi, smiling.

"Feel free to ask me what you want," he said casually. "Not sure how well I can answer, but ask away."

DMG: 1
BOO #3: 9 HP

ayeavast

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

AyeAvast rolled 1 8-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-8)

AyeAvast

Sparkly Bunny

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:12 pm
Telling Abbi not to worry was akin to telling the ocean it ought to stop its roaring, and in fact only made her worry more. And though she tried to not let it show, her eyebrows still puckered and her mouth screwed to one side. Maybe it wasn't a big deal, but it was something she couldn't know now and half expected to be worse than what Chance was letting on. He had been placid, sure, but Abbi was positive all those smiles weren't what they seemed so she doubted this situation was as nonchalant as he said it was.
But it was not her place to speak and she only nodded, letting a sigh out.

A bright and sudden laugh left her to see the man even a little unnerved by such ridiculous looking things. Unable to help herself she laughed again, shouldering her weapon so she could reach up and wave a hand in the face of a Boo close to her.
"Weird, yeah a little. But kinda cute!" She shook her head at the ghost that floated in front of her, clearly unsure what she was up to, before it scooted back when she scrunched her nose at it, still grinning.
Since they were only hovering patiently, she figured getting them further out into the room would make shooting easier for Chance and thus began to shepherd them out into the ballroom with the crook of her scythe. Without a word she skipped around them, moving the little crowd out and out until they were under the chandelier.
"Since we're in a ballroom, ya know how to dance?" Another face was made at one Boo that hovered closer to her.

Defending For: 5

kuroopu

kuropeco rolled 2 8-sided dice: 7, 4 Total: 11 (2-16)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:36 pm
Her laughter was a little too loud; Chance slid his gaze sideways towards her, just briefly, before focusing on the creature in front of him again, tapping a new arrow against his leg in an absentminded gesture. "Cute, maybe," he said, letting out a little hum of thoughtfulness. "I suppose that's one way to call them, but they are rather...comical. They remind me of something, but I'm not sure what, exactly."

He waited until she had shuffled them more toward him, and then fired off another shot, aiming at the little white one in the middle of the trio. It hit with a thunk and the creature gave a squeal of surprise and annoyance, zooming this way and that as Chance dragged another arrow into existence.

"Nope," he said lightly, notching it. "I mean, unless you count just sort of swaying to the music. Otherwise, not at all."

DMG: 1
BOO #3: 4 HP

ayeavast

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

AyeAvast rolled 1 8-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-8)

AyeAvast

Sparkly Bunny

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:17 pm
Jeez louise, would it kill the guy to lighten up a little? OK so fine, they were in a spooky place that Abbi had warned of being pretty dangerous, but the Boos were fairly harmless on their own and at least no one had gotten eaten by a couch today! Maybe Abbi should find that couch and make it eat Chance, maybe that would make him do something other than flatly look at her. But then again, he would probably just smile mildly and follow her lead.
In the end Abbi just ran circles around one of the little floating blobs that seemed to have taken a liking to her.
"They look like the ghosts from Mario." She pointed out, making silly faces at the creature as she backed up further into the room.
"I got turned into Princess Peach last time I was here... Or, well, I got her dress." Still had it, actually, hung up in the back of her closet.

A head peeked around the blob in Abbi's face, scrunching her nose at Chance.
"No dancing? At all?" Swaying did not count. "I mean... I've never been to a club but even I know the Foxtrot." Granted, that was all she knew but hey it was still something. And while it was true that she was well aware they didn't dance the Foxtrot in clubs, it was at least one dance she knew. Sort of...

Defending For: 2

kuroopu

kuropeco rolled 2 8-sided dice: 4, 5 Total: 9 (2-16)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:16 pm
On the contrary, Chance was perfectly lightened up (sort of), barring the rather strange reaction he'd had to hearing the name of Leslie Miller. But he had never been one for too much emotion; or at least, he'd never been one to be the life of a party, preferring to sit back and enjoy things at his own pace.

Chance snapped his fingers. "Mario, that's it," he said, casting a smile in Abbi's direction as she ran in circles. "I only played that game a few times, but I remember the ghost things. Also how on earth did you get turned into the princess? Did these things - " He gestured at the little bobbing ghosts. " - do that?"

He pulled an arrow out of the air and slid it neatly into the bow, drawing the string back slowly, carefully, until he felt it give enough that it was comfortable to hold. Narrowing his eyes slightly, Chance concentrated on one of the creatures, the same middle one

"Nope," he said, letting the arrow go. The boo caught it through the middle and squealed a little before tilting sideways and floating dazedly in the air. "Club dancing was pretty fun, though. Never seen the foxtrot, though I know at least enough to know what a waltz looks like."

DMG: 3
BOO #3: 1 HP (STUNNED)

ayeavast

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

AyeAvast

Sparkly Bunny

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:05 pm
Surprised he'd asked after her when he'd been asking about everything but, Abbi trips around the ghost and stops short. Well, he hadn't really asked about her more about how it had happened and she was just the one involved. With a squeak she dodged the Boo that was following her, shoving her scythe at it to make it leave her alone, or at least push it away from her.
"These little guys? Oh no, uh it was weird... Well..." To tell the story she has to back up a little and she does so, both physically and for her story. "I'd come here on a scouting mission and first I got eaten by this couch and it stained my skirt with these weird like... Granny patterns? I kept the skirt, actually, its hanging in my room. Mementos." She laughed at herself, ducking under the Boo. "And then... I-D-K, everything got weird. The whole house turned or I got turned upside down but in any event I ended up on the ceiling and had to walk on that for a while. But see, then I fell down, not from the ceiling just onto it some more, and there was that um... That noise like when Mario goes into a tunnel? That happened when I fell and when I stood up... Ta-da! Princess Peach gown! Crown and all!" So maybe she was a little proud of herself, but hey! Peach was a great lady!

As for the Foxtrot, Abbi thought about it for a second and jumped into position. Namely, she rose her right hand into the air and set her left hand lower, as though dancing with an invisible partner. Of course, this was further complicated by her weapon, but since it required both hands the girl only angled her scythe between her two hands.
"Foxtrot is pretty similar... More jaunty, less flowy." She stepped back with right foot, then her left, then shifted to one side. "I think that's it... Super simple." Now that she had begun she swung her blade out to capture the Boo between her weapon and herself and did the motion again, dragging the white blob along to dance with her.

Until the arrow loosed and one of the blobs started to fall. With a delighted squeal and a jump the girl hopped into the air and pointed at the ghost.
"You got it, you got it! Now's when you capture it! Uh just like... Um well... Errrr... Grab the arrow? With the Boo attached?"

Kuroopu

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:34 pm
The Haunted House was a very strange place indeed, Chance decided, as he listened to Abbi's story. Eaten by a couch? Turned upside down? It was like a fun house except without exactly the fun part, and more of a confusing, twisted part.

"Sounds...chaotic," said Chance, laughing a little. "I'm not so sure how I would react if I was suddenly eaten by a couch of all things, so I commend you for being able to handle all of that gracefully. And hey, you got some clothes out of it, so more kudos for that."

He sounded completely genuine, his words accompanied by a smile of encouragement from Chance, who was still fiddling with his bow. Truth be told, he had never really had any interest in dancing, at least not the professional, fancy kind of dancing and any dancing that did not involve a dark room and deafening music thrumming in ones ears. But Abbi was demonstrating, and he watched her with some curiosity, head tilted to the side slightly.

"Seems simple enough," he said agreeably, and then added, "Though I'll admit, I'm probably all left feet when it comes to anything more than just shifting around on the dance floor."

Following her advice, he crossed the floor and reached out to the skewered ghost, tugging it down to give it a look of mild interest. "I don't think this will fit into my pocket," Chance said jokingly, tossing a look over his shoulder at Abbi. "Should we bring it back to the labs or something?"

ayeavast

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

AyeAvast

Sparkly Bunny

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:05 pm
An odd sort of noise left the girl initially, supposed to be a laugh that she cut off when she whirled around to flash Chance a sassy face but paused to see him looking actually... Like maybe he was being a little honest.
"No one said anything about it being graceful, but if you wanna believe that I'm not stopping you." A bit of her former cheek slid into her smile and she turned back to the Boo near her, sticking out her tongue at it.

"Guess you won't know until you find out! C'mere!" Once he'd retrieved the Boo she waved him over, not moving from her spot that she figured was mostly in the middle of the ballroom.
"Yeah yeah we can bring it back in a sec, come hereeeeee!" One hand flexed wildly in his direction, a sign of grabby hands.
"I wanna see if you really are all left feet." He'd done everything else so well so far, Abbi was honestly curious to know if this guy had a fault beyond being all mysterious all the time. So she pointed to a spot a foot in front of her and waited for him to amble over with an energetic look and grin.

Kuroopu

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:05 pm
He was holding the little ghost creature like it was a marshmallow on the end of a stick, ready to be roasted over a campfire. It seemed completely unaware of this fact, out cold, and Chance tilted it a little from side to side, watching as it swished through the air.

"Hm. Got a match?" he asked jokingly, and it was only then that he noticed that Abbi was gesturing to him. Brows drawing together, he glanced over his shoulder at the remaining two ghosts that were now behind him. They seemed, however, mostly harmless, so he turned his back on them and made his way over to the girl, the corners of his lips quirking upwards slightly.

"Okay, well," he said, with a small laugh, "Don't say I didn't warn you."

Desummoning Asher, Chance set the still-skewered ghost down on the floor and obediently stepped in front of Abbi, arms held loosely at his side, his eyebrows raised in an expression of mild curiosity and slight amusement.

"What exactly am I supposed to be doing?"

ayeavast

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

AyeAvast

Sparkly Bunny

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:24 pm
While she waited for him to follow her instructions Abbi idly watched Chance, though she did take a moment to put away Viveca. When she looked back up he was swaying the Boo from side to side and finding this very hilarious, Abbi burst into laughter.
"I-D-K how tasty a Halloween marshmallow would be! But darn, wish I had a lighter!" She made an exaggerated motion of snapping her fingers.

With an excited wiggle now that he had agreed to placate her, the girl ushered him forward all the more and once he stopped, she took a step back.
"OK first you..." She raised her hands in the proper dancing position to think. "Raise uh... This hand." Her right hand wiggled in the air, "And then this one would go on your partner's waist." Now her left hand pointed to him. "And then you move forward a step, which is the opposite of what I do. Like this!" Still careful to keep a foot of space between them and hands to herself, Abbi took a step back with her right foot.
"Then the other foot, then a step to the left!" Now her left foot moved back and she made a grand sweep to the left.

kuroopu

{ Gymnasium & HH } ---------PVP/ Return of the Haunted House

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces