Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply First Year Classes
Herbology I (1/4) *New Class 2/10* Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:01 pm
User Image

User Image User ImageLocation: Herbology Class (Friday : 2:00pm - 3:00pm)

Dakota looked over to see Feather sitting next to him and smiled. As he listened to Professor Hill Dakota took notes. He sounded super knowledgeable about herbology not like what Mira said at all. Maybe he should be grateful about getting a new professor? What he was saying made a lot of sense and Dakota certainly didn’t mine using a shovel. After all he grew up as a muggle. When the homework was announced the Ravenclaw wrote down that he needed to write a ten inch paper on tools. He’d definitely be going to the library for that right after class was dismissed. Once he was done with that Dakota raised his hand with a bright smile on his face. “My name’s Dakota Vann, though if you want you can call me Kota everyone else does. I’m a member of Ravenclaw.” He said brightly, this was going to be a great class he could just see it.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

With: Class... Feather

Wearing: Ravenclaw Uniform

OOC: ---

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

User Image

A rather curious lad aren't you?
Not to mention quite inventive.
You'll find your home in...
Ravenclaw

Henry the Black Catxxxxx

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:41 pm
User Image
----------r ι d e r--------w ι l ѕ o n----------

♪ You gotta fight ♫
♪ For your right ♫
♪ to PARTY! ♫

-----------ғ ι r ѕ т----y e a r----н υ ғ ғ l e p υ ғ ғ-----------

What am I doing? Herbology!!
How am I feeling? Chipper!
What's on my mind? Yay! Plants!

Rider hurried into the classroom, incredibly excited for this class in particular. She loved the thought of this class almost as much as potions. Looking around the green house, she spotted her friend Tori sitting in the house, so the girl excitedly skipped towards her friend. "'Eya Tori! Aren't you so excited for this class?" she asked, beaming at her friend. Rider glanced at the somewhat scary teacher at the front of the room. He seemed the unhappy sort, but that didn't diminish Rider's excitement for the class. Humming happily, she watched the man.

-----------o υ т----o ғ----c н a r a c т e r-----------

{...}

The Shiny Furret

SummerIsles

SummerIsles

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:19 pm
User Image
├─▇▇▇═───────────────────────────═▇▇▇─┤
ค๔๔เร๏ภ ς๏llเภร
Ŧเгรt אєคг ﻮгאŦŦเภ๔๏г

Even if you can't stand up
Even if you lose your life
I'm a friend by your side
You're never gonna be alone

Walking into the greenhouse, Addison let out a sigh. He needed to do well in this class or he was sure he'd get grounded. Or worse... lectured. He sighed and spotted his housemate Pru. He walked over to the girl and sat beside her, dropping his bag to the floor. She looked less than enthused for this class, so she shared his sentiment... or at least that's what he figured. He sighed and looked at the Professor, who seemed to stare daggers at his students.

And I'm never gonna leave you out
If you ever lose your way
Not alone or betrayed
I'm always gonna be around

๏ยt ๏Ŧ ςђคгคςtєг
{...}

The Forgotten Weasley

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:16 pm
User Image

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
ℭurrently ɭocated Herbology Greenhouse
ωith Teacher and classmates.
Ϻuggle βorn
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

‘They needed to write a paper? What was with that? Well as long as sunlight and water were tools I should be able to write it up easily. After all then pots and other things I use at home might be the same along with what I read in the book.’ Constance thought while she had scribbled down her homework. “I’m Constance Tanner, Hufflepuff,” she said happily after she finished writing down the homework. Then as if an afterthought she wrote down;

pots, dragon hide gloves, Water, sunlight, wand, Fertilizer (dragon dung, mooncalf dung), shovel and space.

She looked at what she wrote down trying to think of what else to add, Gardening was her father’s hobby most of what she know about gardening was because her father, the little she know about Herbology so far was from the book for class.

Quote:

User Image

Kind and loyal?
You'll fit right in in
Hufflepuff

Mystic Lunar

Lavish Wildcat

Cinnabun Gryffie

Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:07 pm
User ImageUser Image

upcσmíng fírst чєαrunsσrtєdmugglєвσrn

вєcαusє ι'м нαρρу

Lyall hurried into the greenhouse, admittedly a bit lost. He was lucky to have made it in before the class officially started. He found a spot at the table, then turned to listen to the professor. He listed off the rules, including one about lateness, which made the boy's cheeks pink. He asked about the tools they'd need most common, and Lyall pondered the question. Was this like regular gardening, or would it be more... magical? He looked around, eyes wide. As he was thinking of the tools his mother used in the vegetable garden, the professor answered his question aloud, which made the boy deflate a bit. Oh well. He wouldn't have guessed that anyway. Who needed earmuffs for gardening? He asked for their names and houses, the brunette grinned. "I'm Lyall Thompson, Sir! I'm a Hufflepuff!" He clapped his hands, positively radiating his happy energy everywhere. He grabbed out a notebook and wrote the assignment in his sloppy print, nodding. That didn't seem too awful hard at all!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:10 am
Amelia Lynn Bradbury
══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
Ravenclaw ♔ First Year ♚ Pure Blood ๏ Single ♚ Amy ♔ 4' 3"
══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

xxxxxAmy blushed when the Professor had corrected them. She chastised herself for not pointing out the obvious. "Amelia Bradbury, Ravenclaw." she blushed quietly. She stayed in the corner of the class while she wrote her paper. She meant to leave a copy in his office, but wasn't able to find it.

----------------------------------------

xxxxxNext class, Amy was embarrassed to be one of the last one in the class as she slid into her seat. She bit her lip as she slid into a far seat. She nervously sank into her seat, thinking that Professor Hill and her sister Professor Bradbury could be something kind of cute.

Diamond Wales

IvorianAngel

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:52 am
User Image
                                                      ɚSo what if you can see the darkest side of me?
                                                      No one will ever change this animal I have become

User Image
                                                      ════════════════════════

Sʟʏᴛʜᴇʀɪɴ Aʟᴜᴍɴɪ || Oᴡɴᴇʀ, Dᴏɢᴡᴇᴇᴅ & Dᴇᴀᴛʜᴄᴀᴘs || Hᴇʀʙᴏʟᴏɢʏ Pʀᴏғᴇssᴏʀ

════════════════════════

Jason entered the classroom and strode toward the front, his head erect and his his eyes focused as he quickly set up the classroom. Looking things over, he nodded and settled back to wait, his arms crossed as he watched the students enter. When the last students entered, he flicked his wand, causing the door to close and lock.

He then settled his gaze at the students assembled.
                                                      "Hello, and welcome back. Last lesson, we happened to discuss the various tools you will be using in this class, while this class we shall go ahead and start with a basic plant that is found in many gardens in the wizarding world. The spiky bush. As you can see, I have set several bushes on the tables before you. I would like for each of you to pull on your dragonhide gloves and please gather to them four at a time. This way, we can all see what exactly I happen to be showing you."

Jason pulled on his own gloves and approached the plant on his own table. "As you may not know, spiky bushes happen to be a highly aggressive species of plant, with long thorns that give these bushes their names. The thorns on these bushes happen to be yellow, while the thorns of wild spiky bushes are more of a brown colour. The one distinction between domesticated spiky bushes and their wild cousins aren't in the color of their thorns, but in what they do with them. These bushes when domesticated can shoot their thorns at what they perceive as threats. This makes spiky bushes ideal for owners that wish to keep intruders out of their gardens. The bushes before you have been hit with a Stunning Charm, which means they will not attack. However, should you notice the bush start to shiver, please inform me so I can recast the spell. I wish for each of you to gently move aside the foliage of each plant and try and locate one of these thorns, like this." The older wolf deftly pushed aside a bit of the foliage, stopping finally when he found one of the thorns in question. He showed it to the students and then nodded toward the bushes he set out. "Now you try. I will be coming around and watching you to ensure the plants are uninjured and that you are using the proper technique to minimize both damage to yourself and the bush."

════════════════════════
                                                      Thinking: First class wasn't bad, I'll wait to see how this class goes.
                                                      OOC: I do apologize to those that wanted to do the assignment from last class. If you still want to post the homework and get the credit, you may post it in Jason's office now and still receive credit for it. Also, you are not counted as late to this class until Thursday, so technically any post until then you are considered on-time for class.

ɚHelp me believe it's not the real me
                                                      Somebody help me tame this animal I have become

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:54 am
Amelia Lynn Bradbury
Ravenclaw ♔ First Year ♚ Pure Blood ๏ Single ♚ Amy ♔ 4' 3"

xxxxxAmy smiled when Professor Hill had mentioned spiky bush. She quickly jotted down a couple notes as she made her way to it's side. Quietly, she listened, watching his demonstration. Pulling on her gloves, she gently followed suit stroking the plant and moving the same part to the side, exposing a yellow thorn. She smiled, moving aside for any other student.

IvorianAngel

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:37 pm
x
x
x
x

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

x
                                    ████████████████xx мαιsιε яεε∂ xx███████xxxxintelligence without ambition is a bird without wings.

First Year | | Eleven | | Slytherin | | Single | | Half-Blood

Honestly, Maisie would've preferred to completely skip this class, however, she knew that her mother would probably lynch her. What was the point of getting in trouble for something so miniscule? She quickly took a seat alone near the back of the room. She stared curiously at the bush sitting on the table, but didn't dare to touch it. Something she'd learned very quickly was that, in wizarding gardens, plants could easily attack you. She wasn't at all that interested in playing around with some plant that could possibly poison her or something.

When she turned her attention to the Professor Maisie learned that she was right to assume, this plant certainly would try and hurt her had she attempted to touch it. Well, it would've had it not been stunned. She pulled her gloves tight over her hands and began searching at one of the closer of the plants. After a bit of searching Maisie was easily able to locate a yellow thorn. She then backed off and sat back quietly.

uniform x ooc :: feel free to annoy Maisie, she needs friends xD

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:44 pm
x
x
x
x

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

x
                                    ████████████████xx ∂мιтяι яεε∂ xx███████xxxxthe difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.

First Year | | Eleven | | Ravenclaw | | Single | | Half-Blood

Dmitri walked into Herbology less than enthusiastic. He didn't particularly like this class so far. It wasn't the Professor, Dmitri had decided he rather liked the teacher, one who actually taught them something. Talk around the school seemed to be that the previous professors didn't really teach much. It was nice that in their first year they were able to get a professor that did. It was really the content: Dmitri could honestly care less. While he hadn't a clue what he wanted to go into with his life, he didn't think it would have anything to do with Herbology. He was simply lucky that his sister actually paid attention, or he'd never pass. After all, when he didn't care about things he didn't really pay it any heed. He could get any notes or whatever off Maisie later.

The only thing he'd really heard was that they were to look for some thorn on the plant. Pulling on his gloves as those around him did, Dmitri reached for the plant. At first he seemed to be having a bit of an issue simply moving the leaves around to reveal a thorn, however, after he noticed how others were doing so, he quickly copied them and found one of the yellow thorns. Dmitri then sat himself back down, bored.

clothing x ooc :: feel free to bother Dmitri

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

Deviled Dregs

Wealthy Lunatic

7,375 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:02 pm
User Image
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

тσмαs cσvєηу

First Year ║ Eleven Years Old ║ Gryffindor ║ Single ║ Pureblood ║

xxxTom finally found his way to the dreaded Herbology classroom, his most hated subject. He just didn't see the point of dealing with plants. He had no desire to be a florist when he grew up, or anything involving plants, so why bother? But he'd endure. As the Professor explained what they were doing, he groaned internally. He knew better than to do that vocally. Around this man, at least. He put on his gloves tightly, sighing as he gently pulled apart some of the bushes foliage, in search of a thorn of some sort. He noticed one out of the corner of his eye and gently pulled it out, thankfully without harming the plant.. hopefully.

OOC:
What: Playing with plants
Where: Herbology I
With: Other first years
Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:53 pm
User Image

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
ℭurrently ɭocated Herbology Greenhouse
ωith Teacher and classmates.
Ϻuggle βorn
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Constance was late to class, which was bad since he told them not to be. Were the doors going be locked or just shut? If there locked she wouldn't be able to get into class, he said there be locked and they wouldn't be able to get into class but she was only a little late. She thought as she ran over to the green house. She somehow managed to get and sit down just as the teacher started talking about spiky bushes. What a strange sounding plant but she remembered reading about them in her school book. Still she takes a few notes, like that wild spiky bushes have browner thorns and these ones had yellower thorns.

Once he was done talking Constance tries to make herself small as she gently moves the leaves on the spiky bushes before her to find the thorns. She felt bad for showing up late even if it was only a few seconds. Soon she finds one of the thorns and was happy her plant wasn't moving since she wouldn't like a thorn shot at her.

Homework

Homework - ((hope it alright to post it like this. if not ok.))

The basic things needed for tending plants include soil, sunlight, water, wand, dragon hide gloves, and a shovel. Each plant is different so the amount of sunlight and water will vary from plant to plant. Since some like lots of sunlight and some likes very little, same goes for water. As for soil it is good idea to use fertilizer. Two such kinds are Dragon dung and Mooncalf dung, these gives the plants the nutation that they need. Depending on the plant you’ll need your dragon hide gloves, earmuffs, and your wand. The gloves protect your hands, and the earmuffs help with sounds. Your wand so you can cast helpful spells so you can work and care for the plants. You also need pots shovel and space. The pots gives the plants someplace to grow, and you need space so they have room to grow. The shovel is so you can pick up the plant and plant it someplace else.

Constance Tanner
Quote:

OOC((Sorry this is the first day this week I was able to get on and I see after Thursday you’re late however the doors are locked if you’re late. So does that mean all students needed to post by then? If the doors are locked then ignore the post but seeing how so few people managed to post before then I hope it’s alright she a little late.))
User Image

Kind and loyal?
You'll fit right in in
Hufflepuff

Mystic Lunar

Lavish Wildcat

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:31 am
User Image

Dakota slide into the classroom just as the door locked. That was close for comfort, why didn’t he pay more attention to the time when he was in the library? Shaking his head he slipped into a seat at the back noting that he wasn’t the only one who had just made it in the room. At the lesson started Dakota wrote detailed notes on the spiky bushes. They were interesting and he remembered reading about them the week before school.

Watching Professor Hill carefully, Dakota put on his gloves and when instructed to do the same went to it. Going over to his spiky bush he gently moved the foliage of the plant, being slow and careful until he managed to locate a thorn on the bush. Luckily while he was going it the plant never moved meaning the stunning charm was still in place.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

With: Class...

OOC: Sorry for my lateness, I meant to post last week but with how busy I've been I couldn't find the time to post in the majority of the classes.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

User Image

Ravenclaw

Henry the Black Catxxxxx

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:06 am
User Image
                                                      ɚSo what if you can see the darkest side of me?
                                                      No one will ever change this animal I have become

User Image
                                                      ════════════════════════

Sʟʏᴛʜᴇʀɪɴ Aʟᴜᴍɴɪ || Oᴡɴᴇʀ, Dᴏɢᴡᴇᴇᴅ & Dᴇᴀᴛʜᴄᴀᴘs || Hᴇʀʙᴏʟᴏɢʏ Pʀᴏғᴇssᴏʀ

════════════════════════

Jason looked around the classroom as people found the thorns in their bushes. He was glad that at least they hadn't incinerated the plants. Nodding when he was sure everyone assembled had found the thorns, he moved on. "Now, as you can easily find, there are more thorns on these bushes. One of the tricks with these plants while caring for them is proper trimming. With these plants, you have to trim the larger thorns from the plant, as well as look for any that are discoloured or translucent. Those thorns need to be carefully snipped from the plant with a pair of gardening shears or a simple severing charm. As I do not believe you have learned the severing charm, we shall use the shears located on your tables."

Jason picked up his own pair and gestured to his own plant. "If you will please watch, I will show you what to look for and demonstrate how you will trim these bushes." The werewolf went to work, finding a large thorn and showing it to the class before clipping it off with the shears. He then turned to looking for one of the discoloured thorns, and nodded when he could find none on the bush. He then looked back to the class. "What you are to do is take your own shears and get to work finding large or discoloured thorns and trimming them from the bush. I will observe you as you work."

════════════════════════
                                                      Thinking: First class wasn't bad, I'll wait to see how this class goes.
                                                      OOC: Sorry I didn't post the second part of class until now. Thanksgiving kinda stole a lot of time XD.

ɚHelp me believe it's not the real me
                                                      Somebody help me tame this animal I have become

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:06 pm
User Image

Dakota listened to his herbology professor as he explained the maintenance of the plant. It sounded pretty easy perhaps herbology was his calling. Watching how to trim the bush properly, he hoped he could do it just as well so that he wouldn’t get into any trouble. That seemed to be the thing you didn’t want in this class but at least if you listened and watched you’d probably be fine.

Looking around his plant, Dakota looked for large thorns and any discoloration. When he found what he was looking for, the Ravenclaw took the shears and clipped the thorns off. It wasn’t surprisingly hard, although he was very observant when he wanted to be. Once he cleared the spiky bush of thorns that needed clipping he gave the bush one last look over just to make sure. Once done his final check Dakota set the plant back down.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

With: Class...

OOC: ---

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

User Image

Ravenclaw

Henry the Black Catxxxxx

First Year Classes