Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Second Year Classes
Herbology II (1/4) *New Class 2/10* Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

-Fizztastic Rain-

Golden Explorer

12,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:47 am
"Sketch the trees and the daffodils"
Ayla Stone
Second-year Ravenclaw

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
"Catch the breeze and the winter chills"

Herbology was okay, but it had been a chaotic class last year and it seemed it might be the same this year too. The new professor looked strict and as Ayla stepped in the door shut behind her with a faint but clearly audible click. For once, this made her shrink a little, as if timid, and stay near the back of the classroom, but nonetheless pay attention to the teacher. Despite her sudden cautiousness, she was still eager to learn; it was in her nature and she couldn't help but glance occasionally at some of the plants around her, curious as to which they would be handling that year, although she eventually forced herself to stop so she could pay attention properly.

Out Of Colours: text here

"In colors on the snowy linen land"

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:25 am
User Image
                                                      ɚSo what if you can see the darkest side of me?
                                                      No one will ever change this animal I have become

User Image
                                                      ════════════════════════

Sʟʏᴛʜᴇʀɪɴ Aʟᴜᴍɴɪ || Oᴡɴᴇʀ, Dᴏɢᴡᴇᴇᴅ & Dᴇᴀᴛʜᴄᴀᴘs || Hᴇʀʙᴏʟᴏɢʏ Pʀᴏғᴇssᴏʀ

════════════════════════

Jason watched the students before him, nearly rolling his eyes as he heard the one thing that he wished never to hear again. Of course someone would mention that atrocious handling of spiky bushes, he thought, his lip curling a bit. However, he managed to surprisingly hold onto his irritation with humanity in general and stalked forward, deciding this would be the first of many lessons they would be learning from him. "I would suggest you pay attention, and pay attention well. The spiky bush is a genus of plant that comes in two varieties, the kind that shoot their thorns, and the kind that do not. Considering the ineptitude that you seem to be showing as a class almost on a whole, I will demonstrate the proper method for handling these plants, not dealing with them as suggested by your compatriot."

He took hold of a spiky bush that nearly looked as though it was about to throw spikes but he immobilized it with a deft Stunning charm. "As you can see, a simple stunning charm is useful when handling the spiky bushes that happen to throw their thorns. The wild variety, which this is not by the way, have brown thorns and do not throw them. The variety that you will more than likely encounter in homes and gardens happen to have yellow thorns instead, like this one." The werewolf lifted up a section of the leaves of the plant, where several thorns could be seen. Letting the leaves fall, he picked up a pair of pruning shears and gestured to the plant again. "This particular plant happens to be in prime health, as indicated by the fact its thorns happen to be a nice, strong shade of yellow. When it happens to become ill, the thorns become more translucent, and lose much of their colour. However, like all bushes, they do require annual trimmings, which involve finding particularly large thorns and trimming them from the bush. Like this."

Jason quite deftly lifted up the leaves and searched for one of the larger thorns. Finding it, he snipped it quickly from the bush and handed it to the dark skinned boy in the class. He really should ask them all for their names, but he could already tell them all apart. "That is one of the larger thorns, and is quite useful in several potions. The thorns themselves can be found in most common standard packages of potions ingredients. Also, the bushes themselves can be used as a rather effective means to prevent intruders, as they react to any humans getting near them. Now, if you'll please pass the thorn around for everyone to look at and suggest another plant that you have either been improperly instructed in or not been instructed in at all, say so. Otherwise I will have to assume you know nothing about herbology and teach you from the beginning. Also, as I seem to have neglected to say this before, state your name and house. Otherwise I will be reduced to naming you myself, and I very much doubt you wish to be called whelps."

════════════════════════
                                                      Thinking: At least let this group be semi-intelligent...
                                                      OOC:

ɚHelp me believe it's not the real mexxx
                                                      Somebody help me tame this animal I have become

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:35 pm
User Image
User Image

User Image Location: Herbology (Wednesday 2:00pm – 3:00pm)

Looked like their new professor was going to be a real pain, Mira wasn’t happy about that. Listening to him explain what they clearly weren’t taught by their previous professor, she waited for the thorn to come her way and looked it over. It was a thorn, not to interesting to her really. Passing it along the topic of knowing their name’s came up. She’d rather he know her name instant of making up one for her. Raising her hand Mira figured she might as well speak.

“Mira Mitchell, Slytherin house. We also covered Bouncing Bulbs. They jump at you if they feel threatened. The knockback jinx would work against younger bulbs to stop them but to stop a more mature bulb you’d be required to use the spell incendio. I’m not overly sure but I would suppose the stunning charm would potentially work in restraining them, since they bounce non-stop.” she said hoping not to be corrected like crazy. That was mostly what she read since she actually didn't mind herbology and quite enjoyed it.

User Image

Status: Annoyed... Who died and made him ruler of the plants...?
With: Class... Timothy, Benjamin

Wearing: Slytherin Uniform

OOC: ---

Spice the Rat

Anger and resentment,
A dark path you tread,
I would be careful, young one,
But, I know where you belong...
Slytherin!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:49 pm
User Image
Dylan
Burgamy

RavenclawSecond Year12 Years OldSingle │ Chaser

Their new Herbology professor was quite a mean one, to the disappointment of many. He didn't mind too much, since the number of kind professors in the castle vastly outweighed the mean ones. He frowned slightly once the Elliot kid had decided to show his plant knowledge off and put down Benjamin in the process. He would have expected it out of a Slytherin, but they were both Ravenclaws. It seemed that Benjamin had handled it well though. Once it was his turn to introduce himself, he took a deep breath and did so. "Dylan Burgamy, Ravenclaw house."

Quote:

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

OOC: Open for Interaction
What: Introductions
Where: Herbology II
With: Other second years

Deviled Dregs

Wealthy Lunatic

7,375 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100

amo10690

Greedy Shopper

7,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:25 pm
User Image

Age:Twelve Wand:11 1/2inches, Maple, and Dragon Heartstring Pet: Artemis Wearing: School Robes

Arianna was still not thrilled about the attitude the new professor was giving. She took the pot as it was passed to her and glanced at it. This was the first time she handled anything that wasn't smoking from being set on fire. She waited her turn to introduce herself and mention what else they learned last year. "Arianna Davenport, Gryffindor." To be honest Ari hardly retained any other information that they had been actually taught last year. She sighed to herself as she imagined just how much work this whole catch up business was going to end up.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:05 pm
User Image

❋Benjamin Rivers-Blakely❋
Second year|Ravenclaw|12

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

Benjamin walked into the class, not really keen on talking again. He wouldn't let himself say something stupid again...which seemed to happen every time he opened his mouth to speak. He was most certainly not one to speak to think, rather the opposite...think to speak...and usually by the time he knew what he wanted to say, they were already off the topic, or into the lesson. So, he kept his mouth shut...for this teacher didn't seem to take any funny business at all.

He took a seat next to Ariana, gave her a small smile, and stayed silent...feeling a little bit more okay with being called whelp than talking at that moment. What was next? Was he going to say his name completely wrong? That seemed like the trend he was going on, which he gave a soft chuckle to the thought of.

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

OOC:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:59 am
~ New Year ~

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:32 pm
User Image
                                                      ɚSo what if you can see the darkest side of me?
                                                      No one will ever change this animal I have become

User Image
                                                      ════════════════════════

Sʟʏᴛʜᴇʀɪɴ Aʟᴜᴍɴɪ || Oᴡɴᴇʀ, Dᴏɢᴡᴇᴇᴅ & Dᴇᴀᴛʜᴄᴀᴘs || Hᴇʀʙᴏʟᴏɢʏ Pʀᴏғᴇssᴏʀ

════════════════════════

Jason took a seat on the table in front of the greenhouse. He watched as the students filed in, and he crossed his arms as he waited for everyone to find a place to stand, This first lesson, he was npt going to have them sitting. Instead, their seats and tables had been removed to make room for potted trees. Next to the trees were tools set out on small tables. His own desk and chair had also been removed, making room for the tree he was to attend to and demonstrate on, and the werewolf rubbed his forehead, knowing there was going to be quite a bit of grumbling before this was all over .

As the last students filed in, he flicked his wand, the doors shutting and locking immediately before he stood. His eyes bored into the children before him.
                                                      "Welcome back to the new term. As we are well aware of each other, and you should already have a firm grasp on what you learned in the year previous, we shall not go back over that. Instead, we are going to plunge right into the new material for this year. As always, any grumbling and complaints about the class will be listened to, and promptly ignored, unless you happen to be a professional herbologist. As the only one currently in this school besides myself is Professor Thorne, I would suggest you listen well."

Jason gestured to the trees before each student and to his own, waiting until all eyes were on him before proceeding. "As you can see, there are trees in place of your tables and benches today. These particular trees are called Abyssinian Shrivelfigs. If you don't know what those are, they are a variety of figs found in Abyssinia. They happen to be a highly aggressive species, hardy enough to survive even in the wintertime due to its roots digging deep enough to survive even frost. Their fruits, which are a rich purple in colour, have a variety of uses beyond being edible. They can be peeled, and their juice used for potion-making. Their leaves, when harvested, also have a medicinal property useful in many poultices. Today, we are going to trim the trees before you. It's a simple matter. Using the shears located on your tables, find a stalk on the tree before you that is shrivelled and dead-looking. You them snip that branch off at the point where it joins a living portion of the plant. Like so."

Jason picked up his dragonhide gloves and slipped them on. Picking up the shears, he located a branch in need of trimming and snipped it off. Holding it up, he then gestured to the trees before each student. "Now, two to a tree, and please do not overtrim the trees. If it starts looking too skeletal, then please raise your hand and I will look over the plant you are working on. It could be that the one you are caring for is ill and needs treatment."

════════════════════════
                                                      Thinking: At least let this group be semi-intelligent...
                                                      OOC:

ɚHelp me believe it's not the real mexxx
                                                      Somebody help me tame this animal I have become

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:08 pm
x
x
x
x

User Image

x
                                    ████████████████xx мαιsιε яεε∂ xx███████xxxxget your facts straight, then distort them as you please.

Second Year | | Twelve | | Slytherin | | Single | | Half-Blood

Maisie walked into Herbology and walked up to one of the plants, curious. She didn't dare touch it, of course, she wasn't an idiot; Professor Hill was likely to rip anyone's head off who touched or dealt with the plant without permission. When he started the lesson, Maisie tried her hardest to actually pay attention to what he was talking about, however she was having a hard time trying to pay attention to a class she didn't care for. She did, however, catch what they were supposed to be doing. When it was time for them to deal with the plants, Maisie walked up to one and pulled on her gloves. Searching the plant, Maisie found an ill-looking shrivelfig. She quickly snipped off the dead part of the plant and continued searching the plant.

clothing x ooc :: - - -

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:12 pm
x
x
x
x

User Image

x
                                    ████████████████xx ∂мιтяι яεε∂ xx███████xxxxbeauty may be dangerous, but intelligence is lethal.

Second Year | | Twelve | | Ravenclaw | | Single | | Half-Blood

Dmitri walked into Herbology simply dreading the whole thing. This was one of his least favourite classes, not only because the professor was a jerk, but because he though Herbology was a waste. However, it was unavoidable. He paid zero attention to the plants that stood in place of the tables and benches, but instead to the greenhouse around him. When class started, Dmitri paid little attention to the teacher as he went on about the stupid plants. Dmitri ended up listening only at the end when Professor Hill explained what they'd need to do, which was simple enough. He walked up to the Shrivelfig plant and looked around for some of the 'sick' looking fruits on the plant. It took a while, but finally he was able to successfully locate and dispose of the dead part of the plant, then he continued on his search.

clothing x ooc :: - - -

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

SummerIsles

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:40 pm
User Image

----------r ι d e r--------w ι l ѕ o n----------

♪ You gotta fight ♫
♪ For your right ♫
♪ to PARTY! ♫

-----------ѕ e c o n d----y e a r----н υ ғ ғ l e p υ ғ ғ-----------

What am I doing? Herbology
How am I feeling? Prepared.
What's on my mind? Why is he so imposing?

Rider skipped all the way to the greenhouse, then adjusted her robe and walked calmly into the class. This Professor didn't take too kindly to antics. She waved to him regardless. Even if he was a meanie, she would be nice. Pulling out her parchment, she sat with her self inking quill and wrote down what he said. When it came time to do what he instructed, she did so as carefully as possible. After all, she didn't want to kill his tree. She'd seen her father prune their rosebush and this wasn't much of a difference, right? She bit her lip a little anxiously as she trimmed away dead branches.

-----------o υ т----o ғ----c н a r a c т e r-----------

{...}

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:00 pm
User Image
├─▇▇▇═───────────────────────────═▇▇▇─┤
ΛDDIƧӨП ᄃӨᄂᄂIПƧ
GЯYFFIПDӨЯ ƧΣᄃӨПD YΣΛЯ

Even if you can't stand up
Even if you lose your life
I'm a friend by your side
You're never gonna be alone

Herbology. A worse fate couldn't befall him. Addison was expected to do well in this class, but the subject so greatly bored him. But Mum liked herbology and Granddad was a herbologist. And Kyla was so good as well. So he was here and expected to do well. The Professor didn't help much either. With a sigh, he saw that the tables were gone, replaced with trees. That would be even more inconvenient. He listened to the lecture about the trees. They were fruit trees. Great. Prune them. Sure. He picked up the shears and started clipping leaves and branches, not checking if they were alive or dead.

And I'm never gonna leave you out
If you ever lose your way
Not alone or betrayed
I'm always gonna be around

๏ยt ๏Ŧ ςђคгคςtєг
{...}

SummerIsles

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:23 pm
User Image
User Image

єνєяутнιиg ιѕ αωєѕσмє
єνєяутнιиg ιѕ ¢σσℓ ωнєи уσυ'яє ραят σf α тєαм
єνєяутнιиg ιѕ αωєѕσмє ωнєи ωє'яє ℓινιиg συя ∂яєαм
єνєяутнιиg ιѕ вєттєя ωнєи ωє ѕтι¢к тσgєтнєя ѕι∂є ву ѕι∂є, уσυ αи∂ ι gσииα ωιи fσяєνєя,
ℓєт'ѕ ραяту fσяєνєя ωє'яє тнє ѕαмє, ι'м ℓιкє уσυ, уσυ'яє ℓιкє мє, ωє'яє αℓℓ ωσякιиg ιи нαямσиу

Lyall was actually on time for once, and he noticed Rider skipping to Herbology. Rider! She would make a lovely partner in class... if they had partners. He ran after her, but he was quite a bit behind. She walked into the classroom while he was still sprinting, but he chose to stop by the door, wintery air making his lungs burn. He leaned forward and wheezed for a moment. When he had managed to catch his breath, the boy pushed his glasses up his nose and walked in, looking sheepish. He hadn't made friends with this professor last year, since he'd had a penchant for being a bit late. Looking around the room, he moseyed over to Rider and grinned at her. Hopefully she wouldn't be angry at his choosing her to work with. She was working on pruning, so he picked up some shears and set to work, remembering helping his mum with her bushes. He hummed happily as he worked, making sure only to cut the dead branches away from the tree.

вℓυє ѕкιєѕ, вσυи¢у ѕρяιиgѕ ωє נυѕт иαмє∂ тωσ αωєѕσмє тнιиgѕ
α иσвєℓ ρяιzє, α ριє¢є σf ѕтяιиg уσυ киσω ωнαт'ѕ αωєѕσмє؟ єνєяутнιиg!
∂σgѕ ωιтн fℓєαѕ, αℓℓєяgιєѕ, α вσσк σf gяєєк αитιqυιтιєѕ вяαи∂ иєω ραитѕ,
α νєяу σℓ∂ νєѕт αωєѕσмє ιтємѕ αяє тнє
вєѕт
тяєєѕ, fяσgѕ, ¢ℓσgѕ тнєу'яє αωєѕσмє
яσ¢кѕ, ¢ℓσ¢кѕ, αи∂ ѕσ¢кѕ тнєу'яє αωєѕσмє
fιgѕ, αи∂ נιgѕ, αи∂ тωιgѕ тнαт'ѕ αωєѕσмє
єνєяутнιиg уσυ ѕєє, σя тнιик, σя ѕαу ιѕ αωєѕσмє

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:24 pm
User Image

User Image
                                                        ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Tori entered the greenhouse, unsure of what to expect for their first day back with Professor Hill. Honestly, she was a little scared of him. He was always so intimidating and he talked like the bad guy in an old movie. Still, Herbology was a required course, so here she was. When she walked into the room, she found the tables and chairs gone, replaced with a bunch of trees. Yaaay trees. She quickly found Addison and joined him at his tree. The objective was to trim the dead branches and such from the tree. In theory, it didn't sound too difficult, but in practice, what was to stop her from accidentally cutting off a live branch and getting detention for the rest of the year?

She glanced at Addison, who was just cutting every branch in sight. Picking up her sheers, Tori eyed them curiously. They were so big and awkward for her small hands. "Uhhh... Addy? I don't know if we're supposed to cut all the branches off..." she said, watching him. The girl eyed a branch. It had a few green leaves on it, but some of them were a little brown. So... She snipped it off and let it fall to the floor. Was she doing this right?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PUREBLOOD GRYFFINDOR SECOND YEARx

I'm not your average type of girl. I'm gonna show the world the strength in me that sometimes they can't see.
                                                        I'm about to switch my style, and soon things may get wild, but I will prove that I can conquer anything.
                                                        Better watch out, going for the knockout, and I won't stop till I'm on top now! Not gonna give up until I get what's mine.
                                                        Better check that, I'm about to upset, and I'm hot now so you better step back! I'm taking over so watch me shine!

SummerIsles

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

SummerIsles

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:05 pm
User Image

----------r ι d e r--------w ι l ѕ o n----------

♪ You gotta fight ♫
♪ For your right ♫
♪ to PARTY! ♫

-----------ѕ e c o n d----y e a r----н υ ғ ғ l e p υ ғ ғ-----------

What am I doing? Herbology
How am I feeling? Prepared.
What's on my mind? Why is he so imposing?

Rider smiled when she saw Lyall coming towards her, waving at her friend. When he joined her in pruning the tree, she smiled and nudged him. "Better not cut any live ones off. The Professor might give us detention." She smirked at her friend, knowing that they were both good at Herbology and actually enjoyed the subject. She threw an idly glance towards Tori and Addison and frowned when she saw them butchering their tree. She wanted to help them, but she knew that the Professor had said two to a tree and she didn't want to get detention too.

-----------o υ т----o ғ----c н a r a c т e r-----------

{...}

Miss GryffindorK

Second Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out