Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Third Year Classes
Herbology III (1/4) *New Class 2/10* Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:06 pm
User Image
User Image

User Image Location: Herbology (Thursday 8:00am - 9:00am)

Mira narrowly made it to class sliding into the room just as the doors locked. Just her luck really the toughest Professor she had and his class was first thing in the morning. Taking a seat she hoped not to be in any trouble, I mean she wasn't late. Listening to the lesson Mira looked at the plants, they looked cute? Not even a little, though plants were something she enjoyed so why not enjoy it. After taking notes and getting instruction Mira started in on getting her Puffapod safely planted.

User Image

With: class...

Wearing: Slytherin Uniform

OOC: ---

Spice the Rat

Anger and resentment,
A dark path you tread,
I would be careful, young one,
But, I know where you belong...
Slytherin!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:27 pm
User Image
                                                                When I pretend everything is what I want it to be
                                                                I look exactly like what you had always wanted to see
                                                                When I pretend, I can’t forget about the criminal I am
                                                                Stealing second after second just cause I know I can but
                                                                I can’t pretend this is the way it’ll stay I’m just trying to bend the truth

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

Where am I? Herbology class
                                                                Who am I with? Everyone
                                                                What am I doing? Working
                                                                What am I thinking? Can the professor get any more creepy?
                                                                What am I wearing? Third Year Uniform

Jesse entered, already dreading the class. He honestly thought that the professor and Paul would get along great if they met. Thankfully Paul was a muggle and he doubted that Professor Hill would talk to the guy. Listening to the directions, he went ahead and quickly dug a hole in his pot. Being careful, he laid the pod into it before shoveling the dirt back over it again. Hopefully he did that right. It didn't burst into bloom at least.

OOC:

No turning back now
                                                                I wanna be pushed aside so let me go
                                                                Let me take back my life I’d rather be all alone
                                                                Anywhere on my own cause I can see
                                                                The very worst part of you is me

Winsome Fey

Alien Hunter

7,050 Points
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:48 pm
User ImageXXXXXXXXXXUser Image

I'll move myself and my family aside
If we happen to be left half alive
I'll get all my papers and smile at the sky
Though I know that the hypnotized never lie
Do ya?

Timothy was just the slightest bit afraid of the Herbology professor and as such made sure to try and get to the Greenhouse early so he wouldn't be locked out. Operative word being try. He had stopped to tie his shoelace not knowing that he was on a moving staircase until it-surprise surprise-moved taking him to a completely different corridor! He had to scramble and run just to get to the Greenhouses a few seconds before the man managed to lock the door. He let out a sigh and took the empty seat besides Mira offering her a tired smile before looking up to take notes. And there was a bunch of notes. When he was sure he had everything written he looked at the Puffapod in front of him and wondered how he would quickly but gently get it planted. He first dug a small hole for the pod before gently picking it up and depositing it slowly into the dug hole and gently scooping the dirt back on top of it.

Quote:

Quote:

Smile and grin at the change all around [wearing]
Pick up my guitar and play [Greenhouse]
Just like yesterday [Class]
Then I'll get on my knees and pray [Learning]
We don't get fooled again [ooc]
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 7:29 am
~ New Year ~

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 7:31 am
User Image
                                                      ɚSo what if you can see the darkest side of me?
                                                      No one will ever change this animal I have become

User Image
                                                      ════════════════════════

Sʟʏᴛʜᴇʀɪɴ Aʟᴜᴍɴɪ || Oᴡɴᴇʀ, Dᴏɢᴡᴇᴇᴅ & Dᴇᴀᴛʜᴄᴀᴘs || Hᴇʀʙᴏʟᴏɢʏ Pʀᴏғᴇssᴏʀ

════════════════════════

Jason took a seat on the table in front of the greenhouse. He watched as the students filed in, and he crossed his arms as he waited for everyone to find a seat. He wanted to get the lesson started early, considering that there was really nothing he viewed as needing to be reviewed. Then again, he also figured if students needed a refresher or assistance, they could easily find him in Hogsmeade or his office. He wasn't that far away, after all. To one side, there was a pot with a strange, broad-leafed plant nestled within. There were pots located on the tables for the students, and Jason waited until they were all seated before starting his lesson.

As the last students filed in, he flicked his wand, the doors shutting and locking immediately before he stood. His eyes bored into the children before him.
                                                      "Welcome back. As I assume that we do not need a refresher from last year, we are going on into this year's subject matters. After this year, you shall go on to Professor Thorne's classes, and I assume that you will have at least mastered the basics of the course. If you have not, then you need to schedule a time with me during the week I am at the school to get assistance. As you will be going to Hogsmeade this year, I expect you will find me at my shop during those weekends. You may also request assistance there, however, I will advise you that some of the plants there are more advanced than your current experience. If you wish to get extra house points, I challenge you to come there and ask for instruction in more advanced plants. I will not turn away students that wish to enrich their learning in that fashion. I will not accept incompetence or assumptions that you do not care about this subject matter. On the contrary, I will be most displeased if any of you manage to get below an Acceptable on your OWLs. Whether you like the class, or me as an instructor is of no consequence. The simple fact remains that you should strive to do your level best in the course, and strive to at least pass this course in your OWLs. After that, should you decide to continue Herbology is up to you. I will state that it is a distinct pleasure to watch something you have cultivated and assisted grow. However, your opinions on the subject may vary, and are of little consequence to me."

The werewolf ended his lecture on that subject with a gesture at the plant to his side. "Now, if you would care to take a look at the plant beside me, you will notice this seems like an ordinary weed. However, I wish to correct you on that assumption. This plant is known as a Puffapod. Puffapods are an annual plant that are a common sight in many wizarding gardens. They are most particular in that their pods, when they make contact with a solid object, burst into bloom. They are the only species of plant known to start their lives out as a flower before they become the plants you see before you now. After they bloom, the remainder of their lifespan is spent germinating new pods. These pods, when used in potions, are highly useful as a fast-acting agent to speed up the brewing process." He looked around the class before continuing. "For the rest of your time today, I would like for you to each plant a Puffapod pod and bury it before it blooms. This process is particularly tricky with the plant's propensity to spontaneously burst, so extra care must be taken in handling your pods. You must be gentle with the plants, as jostling them may invite a premature burst. I will of course monitor your progress, and should you require assistance or need a new pod, you may raise your hand for it."

════════════════════════
                                                      Thinking: New year, same students...
                                                      OOC:

ɚHelp me believe it's not the real me
                                                      Somebody help me tame this animal I have become

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 8:12 am
User Image
User Image

Hey, hobo man, hey, dapper dan,
You've both got your style,
But, brother, you're never fully dressed without a smile!
Your clothes may be Beau Brummelly, they stand out a mile,
But, brother, you're never fully dressed without a smile!

Lyall hurried from the castle, not wanting to be late to Herbology. As it stood, the class was his favorite, though the teacher scared him a bit. He hadn't tried any of his new classes yet, but he doubted his favorite would waver. He arrived at the class a few minutes early, but as the door was unlocked, he sneaked inside, then offered a tiny wave at Professor Hill. He wasn't sure if the man liked him, but he was a great teacher, so Lyall quite liked him, regardless of the chills he got around the man. Once everyone was in the room, they launched into a lecture, which the boy eagerly listened to. They could get bonus points by asking about more plants?! Awesome!! Of course, he made it a plan to go see the man at his shop every single time he needed help, but he was good at this class... so what if that came rare? After another thought, he figured it would be safer to visit the shop each Hogsmeade Weekend.

After all the information about doing well and passing classes, Professor Hill told them about the plants they'd be working with. Puffapods? That seemed fun. When told how they bloomed, his eyes went wide in excitement. He'd never thought that possible! When told they were to repot them, without breaking the pod, Lyall glanced at the other pot, and swallowed back his nerve. How much trouble would he be in if it was accidental? But then... what if he was successful? He took a deep breath, then got to work. With a careful glance at the Professor, the boy gently plucked the pod into his hands. So far, so good. Then, as if he was carrying a new baby bunny, Lyall moved to nestle the pod into the soil of the other pot. Aha! After deciding a trowel might accidentally thwack the pod, he carefully used his hands to cover the pod in dirt, silently praying that the dirt didn't make it immediately bloom. When it seemed like he'd done it, the boy clapped his hands together, smiling in the brightest of fashion.

Who cares what they're wearing on Main Street or Saville Row?
It's what you wear from ear to ear, and not from head to toe that matters.
So, senator, so, janitor, so long for a while.
Remember you're never fully dressed,
Though you may wear your best.
You're never fully dressed without a smile
Smile!

{OoC: I'm like 99% sure I did that right. >.>}

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 9:00 am
Dear Prudence, greet the brand new day!
The sun is up, the sky is blue...
It's beautiful and so are you!
Dear Prudence, open up your eyes.
Dear Prudence, see the sunny skies.
Look around, round and round-

User Image
p r u d e n c e
" p r u "
l o w e r y

gryffindorthird yearpureblood

There were some things Pru liked about Herbology. She liked being outside. She liked the hands-on work, and she didn't mind working with plants. There were some thing she didn't like. The greenhouses were humid and stuffy, her bangs always ended up plastered to her forehead with sweat, and Professor Hill was... well, he was Professor Hill. She thought he was a good teacher, and she respected his authority, but she didn't really like him as a person. But she'd rather a professor whose attitude towards his students grated on her at times than a professor who didn't know what the hell they were doing. She was standing besides Lyall, whom she shot a small smile, before taking a deep breath and going to work, grateful for her steady hands.

OOC:
Username

The wind is low, the birds will sing...
That you are part of everything!
Dear Prudence, let me see you smile.
Dear Prudence, like a little child.
The clouds will be a daisy chain,
So let me see you smile again.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 9:46 pm
User Image

----------r ι d e r--------w ι l ѕ o n----------

♪ Let the rain fall down ♫
♪ And wake my dreams ♫
♪ Let it wash away ♫
♪ My sanity ♫

----------т н ι r d----y e a r----н υ ғ ғ l e p υ ғ ғ-----------

Rider skipped happily into class, despite the Professor's moody appearance. She knew that deep down, he was a softy and that his brooding exterior was a ruse. She smiled and waved to him as she moved to take a seat beside Lyall. When the Professor said that he wouldn't be reviewing, Rider nodded and quickly drew out parchment and a quill to begin taking notes. As he talked about puffapods, Rider was entranced. And when it was time for them to do the transfer, she nodded. Biting her lip, she watched as Lyall carefully transferred his body into the new pot. Pulling on her gloves, Rider selected a pod for herself. She carefully lifted it up, cradling in her hands. It was like when she held her younger sister. She remembered her mum telling her to gently cradle her, and so she applied it to the pod as well. Once she had gently settled the pod into the pot, she nestled dirt around it, essentially tucking it in. Then she carefully buried the rest of the pod, smiling victoriously.

♪ 'Cause I wanna feel the thunder ♫
♪ I wanna scream ♫
♪ Let the rain fall down ♫
♪ I'm coming clean, I'm coming clean ♫

-----------o υ т----o ғ----c н a r a c т e r-----------

{...}

SummerIsles

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 12:49 pm
        User Image

Maisie walked into the greenhouse with little enthusiasm -- it was her first class of the day at around 8 AM. She'd much rather be either sitting in the Great Hall eating or sleeping in her dorm this early in the morning, not dealing with Professor Hill. Maisie hate Herbology, she actually liked it at least a little bit. She liked being outside and hanging around in the greenhouses, but the humidity and heat was ridiculous. And, of course, she had to deal with Professor Hill. One of the things that Maisie was most grateful for in this class, though, was that Professor Hill usually got right to business. He went straight into his first lecture of the day, which Maisie barely listened to, all she really caught was the deal about the O.W.L.s and, honestly, Maisie wasn't worried. While she didn't do all that well in Herbology, she didn't do dreadfully. She passed it with a good grade, at least. Maisie only really started listening when Professor Hill went into the lecture about the Puffapods. She stared at the pods for a moment before looking down at her pot. Before anything, Maisie thought it'd be smart to dig a small hole in the dirt to put the pod in, so she stuck her hand in the pot and did just that. After she decided the hole was big enough, Maisie walked over and carefully picked up the Puffapod pod. She carried it over to the pot and placed it carefully in the hole she'd made. So far, so good. Maisie then carefully buried the pod by putting dirt over it. She waited a moment before nodding to herself, she seemed to have done it...and hopefully to Professor Hill's standards, she really didn't feel like getting yelled at this early in the morning...

User Image

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 2:37 pm
        User Image

Dmitri really didn't like Herbology any longer. He wasn't really all that good at Herbology, it was always very hot and humid in the Herbology room, and he sometimes felt like just skipping the class altogether. He didn't, of course. He'd rather not get into any trouble, really. So he plopped himself down next to Rider and tried to pay attention to the class. While he didn't like it, and didn't typically do that well, that didn't mean Dmitri wasn't at least going to try. They were dealing with Puffapod pods, which meant they were going to have to be careful. Easy enough, maybe Dmitri could actually do this correctly and not get yelled at? Picking a Puffapod pod, Dmitri walked back to his pot and set the pod down carefully in the soil. He then used his hands to set dirt on top of it to cover it. It seemed like he actually did it...maybe, this time, he wouldn't get in trouble.

User Image

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 2:39 pm
User Image

User Image User ImageLocation: Herbology III - Thursday @ 8:00am

Dakota walked into the greenhouse early that morning. He enjoyed Herbology despite their professor. As a person he wasn't the greatest but as a professor he knew what he was talking about. Dakota liked that about Professor Hill. Standing with his classmates the Ravenclaw listened to the lecture about knowing enough to at least pass the OWL for the course. Of course that wasn't for a few years but after this year they'd be with a different professor.

Paying attention to how to plant the puffapods were supposed to be handled Dakota went to work. First he started digging a whole large enough for the pod to fit before gentle picking up the pod. Slow gentle movements, until he got the pod safely into the hole and covered up with soil. Breathing a sigh of relief, Dakota was just glad that he hadn't made the pod prematurely burst.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

With: Class...

Wearing: Ravenclaw Uniform

OOC: ---

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

User Image

A rather curious lad aren't you?
Not to mention quite inventive.
You'll find your home in...
Ravenclaw

Henry the Black Catxxxxx

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 5:02 pm
User Image
├─▇▇▇═───────────────────────────═▇▇▇─┤
ΛDDIƧӨП ᄃӨᄂᄂIПƧ
GЯYFFIПDӨЯ ƬΉIЯD YΣΛЯ

Even if you can't stand up
Even if you lose your life
I'm a friend by your side
You're never gonna be alone

Herbology was, by no small amount, Addison's least favorite class. He didn't understand how Rider, Pru and Lyall liked the class. At least Tori shared his distaste for the subject. With a yawn, he walked over to the table that Pru was sitting at and gave her a sleepy smile. He put his head down on the desk until the teacher started class. Last year, Professor Hill had earned Addy's distaste when he called him stupid. In Addison's mind, he had a conversation with the Professor where he threatened the man. Of course, he'd never say that out loud. The dude was creepy as heck. Puffapods was the lesson. Addison half paid attention to the lesson. He'd seen his mother and grandfather harvest them before. When it came time to do the lesson, however, Addison was bent on doing well. But the best laid plans of mice and men often go awry. As he was picking up the puffapod, it rolled out of his hands and landed on the floor, immediately blooming. Addison's eye twitched and he threw a horrified glance at the Professor before retrieving another pod. This time he was more careful as he grabbed the pod. He carried it carefully to the pot and place it in. He was getting ready to put the dirt in and the spade slipped out of his hand, landing right in the pot. With a poof, the pod bloomed, popping up and smacking him in the face. "Bloody hell!" He frowned intensely and looked to Pru.

And I'm never gonna leave you out
If you ever lose your way
Not alone or betrayed
I'm always gonna be around

๏ยt ๏Ŧ ςђคгคςtєг
{...}

The Forgotten Weasley

SummerIsles

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 1:53 pm
Dear Prudence, greet the brand new day!
The sun is up, the sky is blue...
It's beautiful and so are you!
Dear Prudence, open up your eyes.
Dear Prudence, see the sunny skies.
Look around, round and round-

User Image
p r u d e n c e
" p r u "
l o w e r y

gryffindorthird yearpureblood

Pru was well aware Herbology was not exactly Addy's strongest subject. Things seemed to just happen... to him... in the greenhouse... and they often weren't good. She resisted the urge to flick him in the head to get him to pay attention when he lad his head down, but restrained herself. She wouldn't put it past Professor Hill to notice and give her a detention or something. She sidestepped the first unfortunate puffapod as it hit the floor and bloomed, working hard to keep a look of shock off her face that would alert anyone else to this pending disaster. But the second time... Pru just barely choked back a laugh, which resulted in a fit of intense coughing and much chest pounding to regain control of her lungs. "You've got to be gentler with them," she whisper hissed to her friend. "Professor Hill will kill you if he sees you wasting them."

OOC:
Quote:

The wind is low, the birds will sing...
That you are part of everything!
Dear Prudence, let me see you smile.
Dear Prudence, like a little child.
The clouds will be a daisy chain,
So let me see you smile again.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 9:39 pm
User Image

User Image
                                                            ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Tori sneaked into the greenhouse. If there was one thing she hated more than History, it was Herbology. She was just so bad at it, and there was always dirt everywhere and it got under her nails all the time! It was just plain gross. Still, she was required to be here, so here she was. Slipping into a seat, she stayed quiet and listened to Professor Hill's instructions. The task for the day wasn't too hard. All she had to do was take a pod from one pot and put it in another, without dropping it or jostling it or making it move at all, or Professor Hill very well might strangle her. Easy, right?... Tori grimaced as she put her gloves on. She dug a little hole to put the pod in in the new pot, then looked at the Puffapods. Addy had already dropped two of them. What if she tripped or something and threw it in Professor Hill's face? Nervously, she picked up the pod, taking tiny baby steps back to her pot. She gently placed the pod into the pot and carefully covered it with dirt. She stepped back slowly, to avoid bumping the table and causing a Puffapod explosion. She did it, right? "Yes! I did it! Woohoo!" she cheered to herself, grinning from ear to ear.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PUREBLOOD GRYFFINDOR THIRD YEARxxx

I wear a disguise. I'm just your average Jane. The super doesn't stand for model, but that doesn't mean I'm plain.
                                                            If all you see is how I look, you miss the superchick within. And I christen you titanic, underestimate and swim.
                                                            I've got the rifle gonna be myself. I'll be everything that I want to be! I am confidence in insecurity.
                                                            I am a voice yet waiting to be heard. I'll shoot the shot, bang, that you hear round the world. I'm a one girl revolution.

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 12:43 pm
My God, are we gonna be like our parents?
Not me, not ever, you can keep deceiving yourself.
It's unavoidable, it just happens.
When you grow up, your heart dies.
Walking out into the dark, into the dark...
Going on a different path led by a beating heart...
All the people of the town lash their eyes to the ground.
Forget matters to the heart; the night is all you have;
You ran into the night from all you had.

User Image
ᵉ ᵛ ᵃ ᶰ ᵈ ᵉ ʳ
ᵗ ʳ ᶤ ˢ ᵗ ᵃ ᶰ
ˡ ᶤ ˡ ˡ ᵃ ᶰ ᵗ ᶤ ᶰ ᵉ

ˢˡʸᵗʰᵉʳᶤᶰᵗʰᶤʳᵈ ʸᵉᵃʳᵖᵘʳᵉᵇˡᵒᵒᵈʰᵉᶤʳ

Vander did not like Herbology. Vander also sensed Professor Hill really didn't care whether they liked the subject or not, so long as they didn't piss him off. He grit his teeth and rolled up his shirtsleeves despite his intense aversion to handling any of the plants in the greenhouse in the first place. He nearly dropped the pod once, and screamed curses in his head while he held his breath the rest of the time.

OOC:
Username

Found yourself a path upon the ground,
You ran into the night, you can't be found.
But this is your heart; can you feel it?
Their blood pumps through your veins.
Summer evening, breeze is blue-
Drawing voices deep from you.
On a different path, led by a beating heart,
What a year and what a night!
What terrifying final sight!
Put out your beating heart.

Third Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash