Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply -------- Cosplayers
Cosplayer White Pages Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you maintain a cosplay page?
  Yup
  Nope
  I'm considering it....
  That's a thing?
View Results

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2023 6:58 am
Ennichi_Jimetsu
angelmage99
Ennichi_Jimetsu
Hello! Here's my Linktree that includes links to my FB, IG, DA, Twitch, and other socials/shops. A lot are currently inactive, but over time I hope to change that!

I've been cosplaying since 2006 and plan to keep going until I no longer find it fun! So uh...probably a long while from now lol. If you end up following me, please drop me a message letting me know you're from here and what your username is, I'd love to follow back!

You've done so many cosplays. I'm jealous. I wish I could spend that much time on cosplay.

I worked really hard every week to make time and earn money to make cosplays because it brought me a lot more joy than anything in school did for me. If its something you want to do more of, it's never too late to start making plans for yourself. You've done incredible archivist work here already, and research is half the battle, so I'm sure you'd be able to make some amazing cosplays!

For me it's mostly about time and not so much about money. I work part time at Joanns (like once a month come in or for emergancies) and the rest of the time somewhere else. So I get a discount and I also am really go at knowing when to buy.

One of the ways I save on time is I cut out costumes and store everything in bags until I get to them. That way everything is set and ready to start. I also really like helping people out so the archival stuff is just me wanting to help. I've passed a link out on facebook and stuff, so I hope people are using it. I still have a lot to do on it. I'm just starting on Game of Thrones and haven't done DC comics yet.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 10:59 pm
angelmage99
Ennichi_Jimetsu
angelmage99
Ennichi_Jimetsu
Hello! Here's my Linktree that includes links to my FB, IG, DA, Twitch, and other socials/shops. A lot are currently inactive, but over time I hope to change that!

I've been cosplaying since 2006 and plan to keep going until I no longer find it fun! So uh...probably a long while from now lol. If you end up following me, please drop me a message letting me know you're from here and what your username is, I'd love to follow back!

You've done so many cosplays. I'm jealous. I wish I could spend that much time on cosplay.

I worked really hard every week to make time and earn money to make cosplays because it brought me a lot more joy than anything in school did for me. If its something you want to do more of, it's never too late to start making plans for yourself. You've done incredible archivist work here already, and research is half the battle, so I'm sure you'd be able to make some amazing cosplays!

For me it's mostly about time and not so much about money. I work part time at Joanns (like once a month come in or for emergancies) and the rest of the time somewhere else. So I get a discount and I also am really go at knowing when to buy.

One of the ways I save on time is I cut out costumes and store everything in bags until I get to them. That way everything is set and ready to start. I also really like helping people out so the archival stuff is just me wanting to help. I've passed a link out on facebook and stuff, so I hope people are using it. I still have a lot to do on it. I'm just starting on Game of Thrones and haven't done DC comics yet.

That's a great way to save time! And a great way to keep projects organized.  

Ennichi_Jimetsu
Crew

O.G. Gaian

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2023 10:55 am
Ennichi_Jimetsu
angelmage99
Ennichi_Jimetsu
angelmage99
Ennichi_Jimetsu

Yup. I also through all the things like buttons and zippers in. I'll even cut elastic before hand and through it in the bag.

Another time saver I do is doing mass projects of one type. Like just finished my Princess Peach about a month and a half ago. I made her earrings with resin and I did my resin molds for Sailor Jupiter at the same time.

When it comes time to develop a new skill. I'll often do it while I'm watching TV or just need a break. Right now I'm learning hand embroidery. So relaxing.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2023 9:54 pm
angelmage99
Ennichi_Jimetsu
angelmage99
Ennichi_Jimetsu
angelmage99
Ennichi_Jimetsu

Yup. I also through all the things like buttons and zippers in. I'll even cut elastic before hand and through it in the bag.

Another time saver I do is doing mass projects of one type. Like just finished my Princess Peach about a month and a half ago. I made her earrings with resin and I did my resin molds for Sailor Jupiter at the same time.

When it comes time to develop a new skill. I'll often do it while I'm watching TV or just need a break. Right now I'm learning hand embroidery. So relaxing.

I do the same thing when it comes to multitasking! haha, It's a real time saver. What are some embroidery projects you've been working on?  

Ennichi_Jimetsu
Crew

O.G. Gaian

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2023 1:20 pm
Ennichi_Jimetsu

I do the same thing when it comes to multitasking! haha, It's a real time saver. What are some embroidery projects you've been working on?

Just some beginner stuff for now. I found some at the dollar store and grabbed a couple of different ones. Nothing fancy, just some lines on a cloth to trace with thread.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2023 11:00 pm
angelmage99
Ennichi_Jimetsu

Just some beginner stuff for now. I found some at the dollar store and grabbed a couple of different ones. Nothing fancy, just some lines on a cloth to trace with thread.

That's still nice though, some of the dollar store designs are really cute!  

Ennichi_Jimetsu
Crew

O.G. Gaian

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2023 8:39 am
Ennichi_Jimetsu
angelmage99
Ennichi_Jimetsu

That's still nice though, some of the dollar store designs are really cute!

I found one with a Cheetah and Cheetah's happen to be my favorite land mammals.

When I start to feel more confident I'll start doing more in my costumes. I may make my husbands Ouran Badge if I do Kyoya. I feel fine with the Satin Stitch.  
-------- Cosplayers

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff