Anxious Neko

42,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:53 pm
JamesWN
Queen Spazzy
Morrowind is oooold, if your laptop was built within the time frame of Vista or later, it'll likely play it.
Yeah, I spent all of my time yoinking everything and selling it, so I never got far story-wise. >>;
I had a looot of money, though. :'D

I see. But yeah, I definitely am not a fan of Oblivion's leveling system.

And I dunno. It always seems to reject games on this thing. It's a Dell Insprion N5030. I'd also need some kind of controller.

Yeahhhh, I had, uhm, whatsit, agility or whatever out the a** because I did a lot of running around, but my combat was s**t.
And I could never manage to find a class/star sign/whatever that worked with my play style. ;w;
Ah, Morrowind is... an early XP era game, I believe?
It still ran on 98, too.
If you have the base Inspiron 15, you have a single core processor, so that's likely why it hates games since it can't run a thread to multiple cores.
Even if you have the dual-core, tech specs say it only clocks at 2.3GHz, and most games want faster than that.
I was able to play Morrowind on an old HP laptop, though, and its specs were pretty s**t as far as processing and such went.
It might not play pretty and you'll probably want to make sure you force all the corpses to dissipate when you're done with them so they don't steal extra processing, but it should, indeed, run.
I'd tell you for certain, but I don't think I remembered to bring my copy up from home, whoops. ^^;
You can play it with just a mouse and keyboard (and if it's an original copy and not one of those remarket bundles I've seen recently, it likely won't support a controller at all, anyway).
If you've a wired 360 controller around or one of the plug-and-play charge packs for a 360 controller, they'll work with any game that supports a controller. (This is my choice, my beau and I each have a wired controller; saves money since you don't need batteries, too!)
You can also use any of the Sony dualshock controllers that has a USB adapter, though I've heard they require software to make them register properly.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:24 pm
JamesWN
Darkness Dragons Revenge
JamesWN
Blow up the nice everything.

-points-

YOU are EXACTLY why we can't have nice things.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Endy don't care

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

JamesWN

Invisible Hunter

13,800 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:40 pm
Darkness Dragons Revenge
JamesWN
Darkness Dragons Revenge
JamesWN

-points-

Endy don't care

*pulls out waterbucket* twisted  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:44 pm
Queen Spazzy
JamesWN
Queen Spazzy
Morrowind is oooold, if your laptop was built within the time frame of Vista or later, it'll likely play it.
Yeah, I spent all of my time yoinking everything and selling it, so I never got far story-wise. >>;
I had a looot of money, though. :'D

I see. But yeah, I definitely am not a fan of Oblivion's leveling system.

And I dunno. It always seems to reject games on this thing. It's a Dell Insprion N5030. I'd also need some kind of controller.

Yeahhhh, I had, uhm, whatsit, agility or whatever out the a** because I did a lot of running around, but my combat was s**t.
And I could never manage to find a class/star sign/whatever that worked with my play style. ;w;
Ah, Morrowind is... an early XP era game, I believe?
It still ran on 98, too.
If you have the base Inspiron 15, you have a single core processor, so that's likely why it hates games since it can't run a thread to multiple cores.
Even if you have the dual-core, tech specs say it only clocks at 2.3GHz, and most games want faster than that.
I was able to play Morrowind on an old HP laptop, though, and its specs were pretty s**t as far as processing and such went.
It might not play pretty and you'll probably want to make sure you force all the corpses to dissipate when you're done with them so they don't steal extra processing, but it should, indeed, run.
I'd tell you for certain, but I don't think I remembered to bring my copy up from home, whoops. ^^;
You can play it with just a mouse and keyboard (and if it's an original copy and not one of those remarket bundles I've seen recently, it likely won't support a controller at all, anyway).
If you've a wired 360 controller around or one of the plug-and-play charge packs for a 360 controller, they'll work with any game that supports a controller. (This is my choice, my beau and I each have a wired controller; saves money since you don't need batteries, too!)
You can also use any of the Sony dualshock controllers that has a USB adapter, though I've heard they require software to make them register properly.

No clue what half og this stuff means but

Processor: Pentium(R) Dual Core CPU T4500 @ 2.30GHz 2.30GHz
Installed memory (RAM): 3.00 GB
System type: 32-bit Operating system
No Pen and Touch

And generally I'm terrible with keyboard games unless I have some kind of controller to mess around with. Played DOOM games, Mechwarrior 4, and Wing Commander Prophecy with a joystick when I still had them on older PCs.

That why I tend to stick with consoles. x.x  

JamesWN

Invisible Hunter

13,800 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:49 pm
JamesWN
No clue what half og this stuff means but

Processor: Pentium(R) Dual Core CPU T4500 @ 2.30GHz 2.30GHz
Installed memory (RAM): 3.00 GB
System type: 32-bit Operating system
No Pen and Touch

And generally I'm terrible with keyboard games unless I have some kind of controller to mess around with. Played DOOM games, Mechwarrior 4, and Wing Commander Prophecy with a joystick when I still had them on older PCs.

That why I tend to stick with consoles. x.x

You do have a dual core, so that's actually good! Each core can process separate strings, it results in technically faster, more efficient processing.
2.3GHz isn't a bad speed for a laptop to clock at, a little better than average, and 3GB RAM is pretty average for 'general use' box-builds.
Your problem may actually be your OS with your system hating games; 32-bit is s**t. Literally everything is built for 64-bit now. Basically the 64-bit allows the system to make better use of all the resources available to it.
Anyway, if you get your hands on an original Xbox system, Morrowind was released on it if you really wanna try to play it.
They also have a re-release set of all the old TES games for PC, so they might have added controller compatibility to those, though I can't be certain, I didn't look too much at it when I saw it. ^^;
I am a rambling tech nerd, I know.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:19 pm
JamesWN
Darkness Dragons Revenge
JamesWN
Darkness Dragons Revenge
JamesWN

-points-

Endy don't care

*pulls out waterbucket* twisted

User Image

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
Randomness is a Virtue!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items