Welcome to Gaia! ::

Souls of Blood

Back to Guilds

vampires, Werewolves, Shifters, Fae, and other mystical beings in a post-apocalyptic world. 

Tags: Vampire, Demons, Action, Fantasy, Magic 

Reply Sandman base
Ash's Hideout Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dameon Black
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:58 am
Red Gypsy

User Image
Anna
Anna listened to Ash speak and nodded. "Room and board will be sufficient for now," she said. "Money is not necessary. All I'll require is an area for training. I need to keep my skills sharp." She found a piece of paper and wrote something down on it. She sat it down in front of Ash. "That's my first impression of your security. I've also listed a few steps to fix any problems." The list was quite detailed, pointing out every tiny flaw and the best way to fix it. The list was Anna's way of proving that she could do the job Ash wanted her to do.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:15 am
Dameon Black

Ash looked at what she'd written and simply nodded, "Basement's one big training area. Sub-basement is the twins play-yard, of sorts. I can't let them outside until it's a bit safer for them, so I've given them what I can for now. They will age at a rate that's a mix between vampire and demon. They're only a month old and they're already crawling. At four months, I want you ready for their first defense lessons. Make it into play if you can," he instructed and took a sip from his glass then pushed away from the table.

He started for the staircase, fully expecting her to follow him, "Take a room upstairs. There are plenty available despite what the outside of the house looks like. Kitchen is always well-stocked and the staff here works well with everyone. any changes you want to your room or the basement, just let me know and it'll get done," he added as he headed upstairs and paused at the top to look down the rooms in the hallway.

"My room is at the end, the twins nursery suite is in the middle, Sebastet is on this end for now. That leaves the other side of the hallway for you to choose from as you wish," he pointed out then hesitated as he glanced at her briefly.

But he covered that hesitation with taking a sip from his glass, "I'll leave you to settle in then. I'll be in my room if you need anything else," he finished and headed on down to the end of the hallway.

He paused at the closed door to the nursery, though and stared at it for a moment before continuing on his way to his room. But as he closed the door behind himself, he had to admit that Alice and Sebastet would laugh their asses off to learn that he'd turned himself into a monk in the last month...  

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

TheHelmsman13

Devoted Lunatic

4,800 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:27 am
Semet Karo-amet

User Image

She'd been traveling for the better part of a year. Her quiver was close to empty from failed hunts and a few fights. She'd caught the scent of a large settlement two days ago and followed it until now. Semet had snuck around the Sandman base for the better part of a day, watching the guards and their routines.

It was during watching the latest guard patrol that the winds shifted, bringing a new scent from the east. After sniffing the air, Semet thought something smelled familiar and she wanted to know what. The young Hylarr loped off to the East, in the direction of Ash's hideout.

Coming upon the house, Semet ducked low into some tall grass a few hundred feet from the residence. She suddenly cursed as the winds shifted again, taking her scent, which was faint from the streaks of mud in her fur, to the house. The young Hylarr sprinted on all fours around to the back of the house, to get her scent upwind from the residence.

Semet knew that it could already be too late if there was someone in the house with a heightened sense of smell, but all the same she kept to cover and watched the residence. It was almost ten minutes before the find shifted again, this time bringing the scent of rain and lightning from the north. Semet groaned and slowly, stealthily approached the house to seek cover from the coming storm. Hopefully, no one in the house noticed her scent.

Red Gypsy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:49 am
TheHelmsman13

Someone hesitated to open the door just inside, but another figure simply did it as the female approached. Another step and Semet was grabbed and hauled inside with the door shut before she could blink.

Sebastet turned to the shifter with narrowed emerald eyes, "See to the outside of the building. Make sure no one followed. And do it fast," she ordered softly, making the beta wolf give a small yelp and rush to comply with her demands.

She'd caught the scent as the wind had shifted and moved without caring what she looked like or what she wasn't wearing. Namely any form of clothing or bandaging to her wounds. So she'd probably given the wolf a pretty good startle. Thankfully, she'd caught Ash's scent on the way down the stairs so she knew where she was now.

As he left, she turned to the female with those narrowed emerald eyes of hers and pushed her back against the wall hard, "Who are you and how did you find this place?" she demanded of her, "Tell me fast or you'll regret it," she growled out, her tail lashing behind her as her claws gave a hint of the danger she was in through her fur.

The fact that she was still injured meant nothing to Sebastet right now, just the potential for more assassins. So she didn't even notice the fact that the female was a Hylarr just yet, though her own appearance would be unmistakable to Semet...  

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

TheHelmsman13

Devoted Lunatic

4,800 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:03 am
Semet Karo-amet

User Image

Semet hissed and bared her teeth as she was manhandled into the house. Her own claws, noticeably larger than Sebastet's, scratched at the walls and floorboards as she tried to escape. The demand went unanswered for a moment as the young Hylarr finally noticed the features of her captor.

"A-a-an Ancient! I though they were all dead!" Semet stuttered and stopped clawing at the walls and floor.

Hopefully her words would give Sebastet enough pause to notice the similarities between them. The Alpha Hylarr's emerald eyes were met by the youth's silver-grey irises, which might remind the mixbreed vampire of a certain relative from a long, long time ago. Semet stayed stock still until Sebastet released her, that is, if she did let go.

Red Gypsy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:19 am
TheHelmsman13
Sebastet isn't a mixed breed. She's a full Hylarr who just happened to be Turned...

Sebastet snorted and released the female just enough to roll her eyes then move herself into the living room, looking it over with another roll of her eyes for Ash's sense of 'style', " 'Ancient'... Really... I'm not that old..." she grumbled then pointed to a chair as she reached behind her to feel at her injuries, noting that they were both still not healed up yet.

"Now, answer my questions and give me a name for you before the owner of the house comes downstairs and gets upset. With assassins and a rogue Council going, I don't really need another surprise here..." she growled out as she looked for something to wrap around her back for the moment.

She lucked out with a linen sheet, though why it was in the living room she had no idea...  

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

TheHelmsman13

Devoted Lunatic

4,800 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:53 am
Semet Karo-amet

User Image

Semet let out a breath of relief as she was let down, realizing that Sebastet was about four or so inches taller than her. Following the older Hylarr, the youth looked around the house, almost marveling at the architecture. Her family lived in caves for the most part and maybe some ruins of the old world.

Semet approached the chair but didn't sit in it. She'd never seen a chair before and quite frankly didn't know what to do with it. She extended a finger and pointed at the chair, mimicking Sebastet.

"My name is Semet Karo-Amet. What are Assassins and rogue Council?" The youthful Hylarr spoke as she walked through the kitchen crouched, almost putting her hands on the ground. Suddenly, a low grumble emitted from her stomach.

"You have food? I haven't eaten since the last moon. No good for hunting to the East. The Tundra had better hunting than this place." Semet practically prowled into the kitchen, half looking for food, half keeping an eye on Sebastet to make sure she wasn't going to be attacked again.

It would likely be about now that Sebastet not only realized that Semet was no real threat to her or anyone else here, but that the young Hylarr was almost thinner than a rake and had to be starving. The mud that was smeared in her fur, much thicker than Sebastet's, now appeared to be lined up on her very visible ribs. It might also be noticed that the only clothing she wore was some bones tied together with sinew to make some sort of tribal jewelry. Anyone could see that she was not as civilized as most people seemed to be.

Red Gypsy
This will likely be my last post for a couple hours.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:15 pm
TheHelmsman13

Sebastet took in the information that the female likely hadn't been followed and finally got a good look at her. That brought narrowed eyes as she followed her into the kitchen and wondered what she was going to do with the kid...

She finally gave a simple sigh and rolled her eyes a bit, "Let's get you fed and cleaned up, I guess..." she growled out in annoyance and moved to collect what she'd need from the fridge and pantry then put together a dish she remembered from her own youth.

Making it brought up memories that hurt but she pushed through it. She finally set a full dish of the meat and vegetable dish on the table and handed her a spoon, the easiest thing to use to eat and something she'd recognize, then set her up with a surprise: a cup of coffee, slightly sweet and nicely creamy.

"Eat. Then I'll show you the joys of a shower and a bed. We can talk about how we're related after some sleep. I need to heal up a bit more anyway. Then we'll talk more about what you're going to have to learn while you're here. Until you're ready to leave, you'll have to do as you're told. Only listen to myself, or the ones known as Ash and Crowley for now. Later, I'll introduce you to others that are safe, but that's about it for now," she instructed and noted that the girl dug into the food quite happily.

Once she was finished, though, she didn't give her much chance to say anything, she simply lead her upstairs to a spare room and introduced her to the shower, then helped her brush out her hair and fur and got her into the bed before letting her know she could find her by scent when she got up. Then Sebastet left her to sleep and returned to lay down beside Crow with a heavy sigh, wondering how she was going to survive this one...  

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Dameon Black
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:58 pm
Red Gypsy

User Image
Anna
Anna was silent as she listened to Ash speak, simply nodding to show she understood. She moved into one of the rooms and examined it. It would be fine for her. She made note of which room it was and then went back into the hallway. She decided to check in on Sebastet. She hesitated for a moment and then knocked on the door to Sebastet's room.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:10 pm
Dameon Black

Sebastet gave a low irritated growl as she pushed herself up and headed for the door, yanking it open with her tail lashing behind her despite the pain it caused her lower back where she'd been sliced. Hell, it hurt her shoulder wound too. But she wasn't about to say anything about it right now.

"Yes?" she gritted out as she raised one hand to rub at her eyes. She had to wonder why she was so tired right now. It wasn't as if she'd done much the last few hours.

Nope, it had to be fighting the last of the silver in her system that was draining her right now. And it wasn't helping that Crow was smelling all too much like a meal right now. As was everyone else in the house.

She needed to feed but also knew that she didn't dare right now. Not as tired as she was and not without someone stronger than she was able to keep her from killing whoever she sank her fangs into.

She blinked open her eyes and actually looked at the girl outside the door and recognized Anna from a very brief meeting with Shade. But it had been a while ago, so she was a bit fuzzy on the details right now, "Anna? What are you doing here?" she finally asked in a slightly less annoyed tone.  

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Dameon Black
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:27 pm
Red Gypsy

User Image
Anna
Anna examined Sebastet, frowning when she saw the condition she was in. "I'm here because I had nowhere else to go" she said simply. "The other Reapers were lost in a battle with so many others. I was not among them, so I'm the only one left. I no longer serve the Goddess. I was in need of a new purpose, and coming to the Sandman seemed like the best idea. Once I found out what was going on with the Council, I decided to come here and offer my services to Ash." She sighed a bit. "As for my reason for bothering you, I thought it would be nice to see a familiar face, even if I only met you for a very brief time."

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:53 am
Dameon Black

TheHelmsman13

Sebastet frowned at her as Anna delivered the information, her eyes working a bit as her mind put the pieces together. So far, she'd known of two events: Grann's death, and the crater Crow had spoken of. But she hadn't put both of them together yet. There wasn't much she knew about what had happened, in fact.

But her mind worked hard to figure it out, and lightening fast. When it finally hit her, it felt like she'd been slammed with a punch from a dragon. It staggered her back until the back of her knees hit a chair and she fell into it with wide eyes as she shook her head slowly, trying to deny what her mind was telling her was true.

"No... No, it can't be... What in the hell did they do? What... No..." she said, her soft voice filled with pure horror over what her mind had put together, "Grann, the vampires, Masa and Yellan, their wolves, the Reapers, Shade... All gone... All of them... I've lost everyone again... Again... How does that happen to someone twice?" she added and swallowed hard, moving swiftly towards losing it again.

Thankfully, someone came to the rescue. If you could call it a rescue.

Ash moved into the room fast, brushing past Anna to pull Sebastet to her feet by her shoulders and giving her a little shake in an effort to snap her out of it, "Stop it, Sebastet! You're not the only one to loose everything! We all have!" he told her firmly, his jaw tight but not clenched yet.

She shook her head at him, her eyes going a little bit wild, "You have your twins. Wind and Blade have each other. So don't tell me you've lost everything. You still have some part of her left. Alice and Hope were the closest thing to children I will ever have. That gift was taken from me last time I lost everything. I had my revenge then. What do I have now?" she demanded of the Incubus, starting to get a bit hysterical over it.

Her shadows were starting to pull around her again and Ash acted fast. A fist hit her jaw with full force and she spun around, her hair arcing around her in the process, her legs gave out from under her and she dropped into his arms.

At least she wasn't going to be leaving this time.

He scooped her up and put her on the bed then turned her over to check her back and gave a soft growl as he pointed to a case on the table beside the door, "Bring that over here Anna and open it. I need a needle threaded. She's pulled a few stitches," he told her simply then went into the bathroom to collect a wet rag so he could clean up her fur and get to her injuries.

While Crow had kept her from bleeding when he'd brought her here, he hadn't healed the injuries. Those would take another day or two to heal, if she stopped pulling stitches.

He returned with the rag quickly and got to work stitching the Hylarr up again then frowned at Crow who was still sleeping, "Useless bird... I told him to keep her in bed..." he growled out in annoyance as he worked.  

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Dameon Black
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:55 am
Red Gypsy

User Image
Anna
Anna was surprised by Sebastet's reaction. Until then, she hadn't realized that Sebastet didn't know about what had happened. She sighed and grabbed the case Ash pointed out, taking it to him. "I thought she knew what had happened," she said. "No one told me that she didn't." She looked over Sebastet's wounds and shook her head. "This is a situation where my sister's light powers would be useful. She could heal practically anything." She actually smiled a bit. "She could even tell when women were pregnant. She could see the light growing inside of them and know."

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:14 am
Semet Karo-amet

User Image

Semet downed the food quickly, even licking the juices from the bottom of the bowl. Once finished, the young Hylarr followed Sebastet upstairs, looking a little wobbly though, she'd never seen or used stairs before.

While the older woman professed the joy of a shower, Semet couldn't say she liked it. Stepping out of the water once all of the mud and various pieces of foliage were cleansed from her fur, the youth looked like a drowned kitten. When Sebastet used the brush though, Semet actually purred loudly.

The bed was also comfortable and the young woman fell asleep quickly. She'd remain there for almost an hour or so, before she heard yelling from down the hall. Springing from the bed, Semet had shot out of the door and down the hall, slowing when she reached Sebastet's room. Listening to the voices inside, the young Hylarr peeked into the room and watched Ash restitch Sebastet's back and talk to the unfamiliar woman. She'd seen neither of them while speaking with the older Hylarr, but she could tell neither of them meant any harm.

Red Gypsy

Dameon Black

TheHelmsman13

Devoted Lunatic

4,800 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Treasure Hunter 100

TheHelmsman13

Devoted Lunatic

4,800 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:46 am
Crowley

User Image

Crowley woke when he heard Sebastet's frenzied voice, but couldn't move yet. His own magic still working to heal him, the Demigod couldn't move, but he could speak and see.

"I would have, if not for my own wounds. My magic prevents me from moving while healing, a drawback that is untimely as it is annoying, Demon." He said as he looked over to the unconscious Hylarr. He knew that he should have stayed awake until he was sure she was okay, but his magic had as much control over him as he did it.

What caused her to pull the stitches anyway? And who're the new women?" The Demigod asked as he spotted Anna and Semet, one in the room with them and the other eavesdropping from the door.

Red Gypsy

Dameon Black

Sandman base

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas