do you prefer to be single or in couple ? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Miss_XxAriaxX

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 7:36 pm
Hoshi Lockhart
Relationships scare me. I've been alone for most of my 28 years and have kind of a Sheldon Cooper attitude when it comes to company. Having people around isn't essential to my happiness. Being left alone is. I require a lot of me time and quiet. Just two hours of company is very draining.
What's essential to your happiness?  
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 7:55 pm
XxAriaxX
Hoshi Lockhart
Relationships scare me. I've been alone for most of my 28 years and have kind of a Sheldon Cooper attitude when it comes to company. Having people around isn't essential to my happiness. Being left alone is. I require a lot of me time and quiet. Just two hours of company is very draining.
I just need to write. I don't feel the need for physical interaction. What friends I have are on AIM.  

Hoshi Lockhart

Eloquent Muse

Miss_XxAriaxX

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 9:54 am
Hoshi Lockhart
XxAriaxX
Hoshi Lockhart
I just need to write. I don't feel the need for physical interaction. What friends I have are on AIM.
Hmmm... I guess everyone is different. I'm trying to be happy single. I put aside my thoughts that I could be happier if I have someone in my life.
Even if I distance myself from this, I'm an not satisfied in other areas of my life.
I'm often alone and I got sick of it. There are situations and activities that I don't mind to be alone, but there are some that I would like to have company.  
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 2:24 pm
XxAriaxX
Hmmm... I guess everyone is different. I'm trying to be happy single. I put aside my thoughts that I could be happier if I have someone in my life.
Even if I distance myself from this, I'm an not satisfied in other areas of my life.
I'm often alone and I got sick of it. There are situations and activities that I don't mind to be alone, but there are some that I would like to have company.
Of course. People are too complicated to all require the same things. Things work differently for everyone. Not everyone is a social butterfly, just like not everyone likes being alone. But it's important not to become too reliant on relationships. Things can go wrong so fast if you're not careful because you're too eager to not be alone. It's good to be able to also enjoy your own company or satisfy your need to be social with friends or family. Too many people forget that friendships are also relationships that need work.  

Hoshi Lockhart

Eloquent Muse

Mama Sheep

Aged Gaian

24,675 Points
  • Divorced 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 9:19 pm
She's fierce and loyal...

╔═════════════════╗

I was pretty happy when I was single but I'm happier being
a married mom. lol
I love having someone to cuddle up next to at night.
Someone to help me take care of our daughter.
Someone to interact with who knows all my secrets and I know all his.

People say relationships are 50/50. That's a load of B.S.
Relationships are 100/100. They take a lot of work and aren't
ALWAYS rainbows and glitter. Some people are happier being single and
I can understand why they would feel that way, it's just not for me.
4laugh

╚═════════════════╝

...she's a lover and a fighter.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 12:43 am
At current I'm happy to be married to my husband.

Whether or not I'd be happier single or in a relationship is completely dependent on the person I am seeing. I'm happy with my husband because we share a lot of things in common, we get along, we like going out and doing the same things, we always have each other's best interest in mind, and we just plain enjoy each other's company. If I didn't have all of that, I'd obviously be happier being single, but that's not the case with him.

I think one thing many people don't realize is that you cannot become dependent on relationships for your own happiness. You can't expect another person to be the "fix" for that. Eventually it starts to show and becomes draining for the other person. They have to go the extra mile to make you happy because you cannot do it for yourself, and they start to lose their ability to make themselves happy if they're completely invested in you.

You have to be able to be satisfied with yourself and with more than one person. It can take a long time to do that; I'm still doing that myself, so I know it's not something that happens overnight, and honestly it can take years. I'm not a very social person but I still have many different kinds of relationships apart from my husband. He can't be the only one I have because that's too much to put on his shoulders. If anything were to ever happen to us and he was all I had, it would also be completely detrimental to my health if the one person in my life that made me happy was gone. It's not a situation you want to put yourself in.

Seeking a relationship is not bad, wanting someone's company, to have someone to share intimate (I don't mean sexual) moments with and to know someone out there has deep feelings for you is generally normal, many people want that and you're not at fault for it. It's just that a partner is not the only person you should look for. Branching out your scope of relationships will help, friends can be just as good if not better (dependent on the person) than a significant other and can even aid in finding the latter.

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • I Won the Titles the Titles are Mine! 500
  • Couple of Time 500

Miss_XxAriaxX

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:39 pm
Yokies
At current I'm happy to be married to my husband.

Whether or not I'd be happier single or in a relationship is completely dependent on the person I am seeing. I'm happy with my husband because we share a lot of things in common, we get along, we like going out and doing the same things, we always have each other's best interest in mind, and we just plain enjoy each other's company. If I didn't have all of that, I'd obviously be happier being single, but that's not the case with him.

I think one thing many people don't realize is that you cannot become dependent on relationships for your own happiness. You can't expect another person to be the "fix" for that. Eventually it starts to show and becomes draining for the other person. They have to go the extra mile to make you happy because you cannot do it for yourself, and they start to lose their ability to make themselves happy if they're completely invested in you.

You have to be able to be satisfied with yourself and with more than one person. It can take a long time to do that; I'm still doing that myself, so I know it's not something that happens overnight, and honestly it can take years. I'm not a very social person but I still have many different kinds of relationships apart from my husband. He can't be the only one I have because that's too much to put on his shoulders. If anything were to ever happen to us and he was all I had, it would also be completely detrimental to my health if the one person in my life that made me happy was gone. It's not a situation you want to put yourself in.

Seeking a relationship is not bad, wanting someone's company, to have someone to share intimate (I don't mean sexual) moments with and to know someone out there has deep feelings for you is generally normal, many people want that and you're not at fault for it. It's just that a partner is not the only person you should look for. Branching out your scope of relationships will help, friends can be just as good if not better (dependent on the person) than a significant other and can even aid in finding the latter.
You are full of wisdom emotion_kirakira . I thought finding love (a boyfriend and potential husband) was my solution for my happiness.

Because friends just don't have much time to give for me, I'm not their only friend, they have family, boyfriend, school, work...

I also thought I have to make new friends, and try to keep other friends close.

I'm not close to my family, it is not something it can be fixed, it is a long-story, but my cousins are not the people I can trust and build ''friendship''.

My life is not well balanced. When, I had 2 jobs, I was really busy, tired and grumpy because all I did was working, eat, sleep, rest and clean.

Now that I got laid off, I have a lot of free time and left alone, I had a moment of being insane all alone (when the past comes to hunt you, and I felt left out by my friends)... So, I did all the activities that brought up my mood (exercise, watch movies, read)...  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:29 pm
XxAriaxX

I understand it can be tough to keep up friendships with people. My main friendships are solely online, with a couple friends I see sporadically offline. In my situation that works for me, I don't need constant physical contact with others to feel good about my relationships with them. It's not the same for everyone though, so I know just because it works for me doesn't mean it'll work for them.

A lot of the friends I had kind of dropped off the face of the earth for me when we graduated from high school. I realized that really, a lot of the people I was friends with I was only close to because we were forced to be in the same classroom for hours on end with each other. We get a skewed perception of friendship that way. We spent so long with these same people throughout our lives that we suddenly feel like we're not good enough when none of them want to hang out anymore. That we're not worth it because they'd rather hang out with other people. The thing is, those people are more easily accessible in most cases. They might have more in common with them that they realize now that they're outside of school. And generally you can grow apart from someone no matter how close you used to be with them. It's not necessarily something wrong with you, circumstances and people change.

Family = Friends things has definitely not been a truth for me. Like you, I'm not close to my family. Truthfully, my extended family aren't actually bad people, we just don't have a lot in common and we don't have very many chances to talk. My immediate family are the awful people haha. So like.. even though I'm "forced" to be with them, like I was with those kids in school. it's different because they think they're allowed to do awful things to you because they're family. It's okay because you're blood related and it doesn't actually mean anything. It's why I don't hold family above (or even equal) to friends, because they just don't mean that much.

Having two jobs can definitely cut into your free time and make you irritable. You're constantly doing something and none of it is actually something you're necessarily.. "excited" to do. Sure you can not hate your job or think cleaning is okay, but doing it over and over and over again and that's ALL you're doing isn't fun. It's good that you did activities that raised your mood though. I know it's not the same as hanging out with another person, but as long as you can keep yourself busy (and not just with work), it's one way to to alleviate the feeling of being left out.

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • I Won the Titles the Titles are Mine! 500
  • Couple of Time 500

moonlight_peach12

Romantic Nerd

15,325 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Converting 1 item 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:00 am
Right now I'm single and I do enjoy it for right now but one day I hope I can find an awesome guy who will be a lot of fun to day and who will be romantic. But for now I enjoy being single  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:46 pm
I prefer to be single x.x I only love friends and family members. I know what having a crush on someone feels like, but I don't believe I know what love is (when it comes to loving someone else x.x)  

IrisIrene88

Miss_XxAriaxX

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:27 pm
IrisIrene88
I prefer to be single x.x I only love friends and family members. I know what having a crush on someone feels like, but I don't believe I know what love is (when it comes to loving someone else x.x)
One day, you'll discover.

For me, it's sharing life. It's being together, support each other when times are difficult, there is also physical attraction, maybe building a family too.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:21 pm
XxAriaxX
IrisIrene88

For me, it's sharing life. It's being together, support each other when times are difficult, there is also physical attraction, maybe building a family too.

Thanks for thinking so x.x I'm sure it will happen for you too someday. 3nodding

That sounds pretty nice and I have to say I agree with that. It is just tough to find a good guy for me it seems sweatdrop  

IrisIrene88

Miss_XxAriaxX

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:14 pm
IrisIrene88
XxAriaxX
IrisIrene88

Thanks for thinking so x.x I'm sure it will happen for you too someday. 3nodding

That sounds pretty nice and I have to say I agree with that. It is just tough to find a good guy for me it seems sweatdrop
XD It's the same for me. I don't meet new people... At work, it's controversial to date a co-worker... Like what if it goes wrong and I cannot stand meeting him every day at work....

All my friends are girls XD ahahaha, they mostly have girls friends too.

Anyways, it happened that I was interested in some guys but they didn't ...
It was often one sided and I'm not going to force myself liking someone just because he likes me.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:34 pm
Single. I have my biases since I am not in the dating scene nor intend to be. I haven't been in that pool in years either.

I do at times experience being a third wheel from time to time. It's usually short lived.
As for coupling, I do very well coupling with a hook and a skein of yarn. emotion_yatta  

Perpetually Perplexed

AstridMiriam

Party Browser

13,100 Points
  • Runway First Vote 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:12 pm
Be in a couple

07. ✿ - - - Chatterbox [COME SPAM!]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items