Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Third Year Classes
Ghoul and Ghost Studies I ~ Lesson 1/4 (Open 08/24) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:29 am
New Year 2032 - 2033

Reminders...

* Students must attend a minimum of half the lessons for the year or face losing house points.
      Unless reason is given either in the absent thread or through private message. If so it will count as if you were present for that class lesson.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:36 am
User Image
Professor Thorsten Eckstein
Pureblood Professor of Ghoul and Ghost Studies Former Durmstrang, Keltainen

Location : Classroom (third floor) - Tuesday @ 11:00pm

Thorsten walked into his class for his next batch of third years. This evening’s class was certainly going to be different than the other. Why… because all of these students would be taking the class for the very first time. So there was no need to ask what they remembered from the previous year. Instead Thorsten would be able to jump right in and go over the rules and the subject at hand. He curiously wondered who all would take the class, hopefully quite a few.

Sitting at his desk as his students arrived, Thorsten hardly showed any expression as he looked to see theirs. He wondered how many of them questioned the stuffed corpses. Getting up and going to the front of his desk he leaned up against it before flicking his wand to the board revealing the rules and the subject topic on the board. “Good evening and welcome to ghoul and ghost studies.” Thorsten greeted before continuing his introduction. “I am Professor Eckstein. For the next three years, perhaps five you will follow these five rules. Be on time, prepared and ready. Pay attention, no wands, and be involved.” He informed them.

“Now, I would like names and houses from each of you. As for me I attended Durmstrang and am former Keltainen. That would be a mix of Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw here I believe.” Thorsten asked of them before adding. “I would also like your thoughts on the day’s topic, which is the afterlife.”

With : Third year class

Wearing : Professional

OOC : - - -

Cara MiaKitty
                                                Jasmine Pierce, Gryffindor: 0/4 || 0 Essays

Diamond Wales
                                                Rhys Hamilton-Blake, Gryffindor: 0/4 || 0 Essays

EmrysStorm
                                                Anna-Marie Curts, Gryffindor: 0/4 || 0 Essays

Porcelaine Ivory
                                                Liam Cade, Ravenclaw: 0/4 || 0 Essays

mc2
                                                Mordred Sefton, Ravenclaw : 0/4 || 0 Essays

Essy ze Ninja
                                                Savannah Hastings, Slytherin : 0/4 || 0 Essays

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:20 pm
User Image
xxxxxMordred Taylor Seftonxxxxx
3rd Year Ravenclaw

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Heading to the third floor to the classroom merely an hour before midnight, gave Mordred time to question himself on why he signed up for the class in the first place and also what the school was thinking in making such a gloomy class so late at night. Good way to give kids nightmares. Maybe the professor was a vampire or just allergic to daytime. Taking a seat near the front Mordred listened at the introduction and sighed when they were asked for introductions, it wasn't surprising with a new class and professor. "I'm Mordred Sefton and I'm in Ravenclaw... as for the afterlife... sort of putting us on the spot," Mordred said with a half life, "I mean obviously something happens, the ghosts can attest to that. And wizards and witches, or some of them, at least have the option of staying in this world as sort of semi-tangible beings but beyond that..." He shrugged, "I don't like to make baseless theories so I like to stay open-minded on the afterlife when it comes to anything we can't confirm."

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Looking: Witty

Interesting that your first thought goes towards dark matters,
And you're clever enough to determine
For yourself that I have seen my fair share of dark minds,
I know where to place you dear boy...
Ravenclaw!

{OoC: }
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:17 pm
User Image
User Image

His face a lifeless statue, Liam settled into a seat in the center of the classroom, which gave off an aura typical of a dark, yet exciting environment. On cue, the boy stood to his feet as Mordred sat down, his voice already much deeper than it had been this time last year.

"Liam Cade, Professor. Ravenclaw... As a highly logical being, I tend to only believe in that which has been proven, at the same time remaining considerably open to the possibility that life after death may entail much more than what we ourselves can see. As such, I am thoroughly intrigued by the light that this course may very well shed on this topic for us." Following his brief introduction and input on the afterlife, Liam returned to his seat, his mind already tempted to play with the idea of what might possibly become of him after death.

User Image

Porcelaine Ivory

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:20 am
User Image

"It's just to get your minds thinking." Thorsten told Mordred with the smallest of smiles. He never thought it was the worst question for him to ask. Listening to the class’s opinion on the afterlife they certainly had interesting opinions. He could remember his thoughts on it back then. Of course back then he hadn’t realized how much death hit home for him. Pushing the thought aside, Thorsten had a class to teach. "I appreciate your open minded thinking on this topic and I respect the need for proven facts." Standing up from his leaning option at the front of his desk, the German wizard flicked his wand at the board once more. The board wiping clean and a piece of chalk started writing the notes for the lesson. “I suggest taking notes down from the board.” He gestured before continuing on.

“As we are aware those who pass on - that are witches or wizards - have the option of staying here as ghosts or going on. Now, we shall discuss the former later on this year. For now we are solely focusing on the beyond.” Thorsten told them as he walked around the room. “So, where do our souls go when we take our last breath and what does the beyond look like? The truth is up for debate as the nature of what lies beyond is still very much a mystery.” He explained. “There are many theories among people such as reincarnation, heaven or hell, things of that nature. What we do know however, is that there is a plane that runs parallel with the hereafter known as ‘limbo’. It is said to be a place where one goes to make their decision on whether they stay or go before truly passing on.” He finished as he made his way back to the front of the classroom.

“Now if you have any questions, feel free to ask.” Thorsten told them as he looked up at the clock. “If not then you are dismissed.”

Cara MiaKitty

Diamond Wales

EmrysStorm

Porcelaine Ivory
                                                Liam Cade, Ravenclaw: 1/4 || 0 Essays

mc2
                                                Mordred Sefton, Ravenclaw : 1/4 || 0 Essays

Essy ze Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:08 am
User Image
User Image

Liam scribbled down a summarized version of the notes that had been written on the board, his mind playing with the idea of life after death. It was a topic he hadn't thought about all too much, but the idea of limbo was truly intriguing to him. By the end of the class, a full page of parchment had been covered in neatly distributed black ink. Glancing around, the boy was somewhat surprised by the fact that very few students had opted to take this particular course, given its high level of interest—to him, anyway.

Packing away his things, Liam let his mind tumble over the questions that had been posed by Professor Eckstein. At this point he wasn't sure what he believed to be beyond life outside of living a ghost life, but he hoped this class would help him figure that out. With no further questions that could be answered right now, he slung his leather rucksack over his shoulders and pondered his way out of the classroom.

User Image

Porcelaine Ivory

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:09 am
User Image

Thorsten had a good bunch of kids in his class. At least that’s what he believed. They had interesting ideas and they seemed interested in the subject. Of course that’s why they took the elective. Sitting at his desk as his students arrived, he hardly showed any expression as they took their seats. Getting up and going to the front of his desk, he leaned up against it before flicking his wand to the board revealing the subject topic on the board. “Good evening,” Thorsten greeted before getting into the topic. “Today we will be discussing the topic of immortality.” He informed them before the board wiped clean and a piece of chalk started writing the notes for the lesson.

“Immortality or eternal life is simply you will never die you most of know. There are few ways to become immortal. In fact true immortality is nearly impossible and has always been a known limit for magic.” Thorsten told them as he walked around the room. “The only creature to possess natural immortality is the phoenix, from which is reborn from their ashes upon death. Vampires are close to immortality, as they never age. However even they can be killed." He said before adding. "As for us there are few ways to sustain one’s life, namely the Philosopher’s Stone created by Nicolas Flamel and Herpo the Foul’s creation of the Horcrux.”

“The Philosopher’s Stone many of you know produces the Elixir of Life. Despite extending the drinkers life, it cannot make them immortal. Unicorn blood similar to Elixir of Life, as it extends life but cannot make the drinker immortal. It’s said to curse the drinker with half-life for the slaughter of innocent creature.” Thorsten continued as he continued back up to the front of the room. “Now Horcruxes on the other hand, is the dark art of splitting one’s soul by committing murder. The act violates the very laws of nature.” He explained. “Though it by far the closest way to become immortal. I wouldn’t advice figuring out how.” He added giving them a narrow look of warning. “Any questions?”

Cara MiaKitty

Diamond Wales

EmrysStorm

Porcelaine Ivory
                                                Liam Cade, Ravenclaw: 1/4 || 0 Essays

mc2
                                                Mordred Sefton, Ravenclaw : 1/4 || 0 Essays

Essy ze Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:11 am
User Image
User Image

Liam yawned quietly as he took his seat. It had been a long day, and although he enjoyed this class, he dreaded that it was held at such a late hour. Despite his lack of energy, as soon as Professor Eckstein stated what they would be studying tonight, the Ravenclaw straightened his back and mustered all of his leftover focus for the lesson. The idea of immortality intrigued and intimidated him at the same time. Of course it would be nice to live forever, but one would have to be crazy to even consider trying.

The boy's hand moved in sync with the professor's words, copying down each of them in an open notebook on his desk. When the word horcrux was mentioned, Liam's hand paused for a moment without his permission, but before his mind could wander too far, he continued on with his notes, goosebumps invading the backs of his arms as he wrote. He couldn't understand how anyone could be willing to sacrifice a life in order to gain those extra years themselves. Nothing was worth murder, but the fact that this topic had its own lesson in the class illustrated the fact that not everyone agreed.

User Image

Porcelaine Ivory

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 9:16 pm
New Year 2033 - 2034

Reminders...

* Students must attend a minimum of half the lessons for the year or face losing house points.
      Unless reason is given either in the absent thread or through private message. If so it will count as if you were present for that class lesson.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 9:25 pm
User Image

Thorsten walked into his class for his next batch of third years. This evening’s class was certainly going to be different than the other. Why… because all of these students would be taking the class for the very first time. So there was no need to ask what they remembered from the previous year. Instead Thorsten would be able to jump right in and go over the rules and the subject at hand. He curiously wondered who all would take the class, hopefully quite a few.

Sitting at his desk as his students arrived, Thorsten hardly showed any expression as he looked to see theirs. He wondered how many of them questioned the stuffed corpses. Getting up and going to the front of his desk he leaned up against it before flicking his wand to the board revealing the rules and the subject topic on the board. “Good evening and welcome to ghoul and ghost studies.” Thorsten greeted before continuing his introduction. “I am Professor Eckstein. For the next three years, perhaps five you will follow these five rules. Be on time, prepared and ready. Pay attention, no wands, and be involved.” He informed them.

“Now, I would like names and houses from each of you. As for me I attended Durmstrang and am former Keltainen. That would be a mix of Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw here I believe.” Thorsten asked of them before adding. “I would also like your thoughts on the day’s topic, which is the afterlife.”

Devlyn Maycry
                                                Aimee McHalen, Slytherin: 0/4 || 0 Essays

Jade Galaksylph
                                                Nicole Lovette, Slytherin: 0/4 || 0 Essays

murruelecreuset
                                                Raymond Yuko, Slytherin: 0/4 || 0 Essays

Cara MiaKitty
                                                Colin Beckett, Ravenclaw : 0/4 || 0 Essays

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 10:19 am
Raymond Ara Yuko
Third Year Slytherin
Pureblood Parselmouth
Reserve Chaser

User Image User Image
                                    Location : Ghoul and Ghost Studies - Tuesday @ 11:00pm

It was Raymond’s first late night class and why he took it he couldn’t say. He supposed it was just different than the rest of his classes. In many ways it was so why not be interested in it. Either way he was there in class with the few people who wanted to take it.

First walking in he had to admit the classroom décor was far from appealing. There were animals all over the room like a collection of stuffed dead things. Seeing his professor Raymond could see why he might have an interest in them. ‘This professor has got to be insane…’ He thought placing his book down on the desk.

As Professor Eckstein spoke, Raymond knew he wasn’t from around there. Sure enough he was a Durmstrang student, formerly Keltainen. When asked for his name, house, and his thoughts on the afterlife Raymond’s mind wandered. ‘Afterlife… there must be a place…’ He thought to himself before bringing his hand up. “Raymond Yuko, Slytherin. I believe there’s a place our souls go to after this life. I couldn’t begin to think what it’s like.” He said falling silent afterwards. It was hard to say if there really was a place but if there were ghosts there had to be other places.

With: Class...

Wearing: Slytherin Uniform

OOC: ---

Hrm, rather intelligent, I see...
                                    Not to mention you seem to have a tendency to think of yourself first...
                                    I do believe this house is the perfect fit for you...
                                    Slytherin!

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 2:02 pm
User Image

Listening to the class’s opinion on the afterlife they certainly had interesting opinions. He could remember his thoughts on it back then. Of course back then he hadn’t realized how much death hit home for him. Pushing the thought aside, Thorsten had a class to teach. "Yes, it's up to interpretation." Standing up from his leaning option at the front of his desk, the German wizard flicked his wand at the board once more. The board wiping clean and a piece of chalk started writing the notes for the lesson. “I suggest taking notes down from the board.” He gestured before continuing on.

“As we are aware those who pass on - that are witches or wizards - have the option of staying here as ghosts or going on. Now, we shall discuss the former later on this year. For now we are solely focusing on the beyond.” Thorsten told them as he walked around the room. “So, where do our souls go when we take our last breath and what does the beyond look like? The truth is up for debate as the nature of what lies beyond is still very much a mystery.” He explained. “There are many theories among people such as reincarnation, heaven or hell, things of that nature. What we do know however, is that there is a plane that runs parallel with the hereafter known as ‘limbo’. It is said to be a place where one goes to make their decision on whether they stay or go before truly passing on.” He finished as he made his way back to the front of the classroom.

“Now if you have any questions, feel free to ask.” Thorsten told them as he looked up at the clock. “If not then you are dismissed.”

Devlyn Maycry

Jade Galaksylph

murruelecreuset
                                                Raymond Yuko, Slytherin: 1/4 || 0 Essays

Cara MiaKitty

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 11:39 am
User Image

Thorsten had a good bunch of kids in his class. At least that’s what he believed. They had interesting ideas and they seemed interested in the subject. Of course that’s why they took the elective. Sitting at his desk as his students arrived, he hardly showed any expression as they took their seats. Getting up and going to the front of his desk, he leaned up against it before flicking his wand to the board revealing the subject topic on the board. “Good evening,” Thorsten greeted before getting into the topic. “Today we will be discussing the topic of immortality.” He informed them before the board wiped clean and a piece of chalk started writing the notes for the lesson.

“Immortality or eternal life is simply you will never die you most of know. There are few ways to become immortal. In fact true immortality is nearly impossible and has always been a known limit for magic.” Thorsten told them as he walked around the room. “The only creature to possess natural immortality is the phoenix, from which is reborn from their ashes upon death. Vampires are close to immortality, as they never age. However even they can be killed." He said before adding. "As for us there are few ways to sustain one’s life, namely the Philosopher’s Stone created by Nicolas Flamel and Herpo the Foul’s creation of the Horcrux.”

“The Philosopher’s Stone many of you know produces the Elixir of Life. Despite extending the drinkers life, it cannot make them immortal. Unicorn blood similar to Elixir of Life, as it extends life but cannot make the drinker immortal. It’s said to curse the drinker with half-life for the slaughter of innocent creature.” Thorsten continued as he continued back up to the front of the room. “Now Horcruxes on the other hand, is the dark art of splitting one’s soul by committing murder. The act violates the very laws of nature.” He explained. “Though it by far the closest way to become immortal. I wouldn’t advice figuring out how.” He added giving them a narrow look of warning. “Any questions?”

Devlyn Maycry

Jade Galaksylph

murruelecreuset

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 9:35 pm
User Image

Thorsten sat at his desk as his students arrived. He hardly showed any expression as they took their seats. Getting up and going to the front of his desk, he leaned up against it before flicking his wand to the board revealing the subject topic on the board. “Good evening,” Thorsten greeted before getting into the topic. “Today we will be discussing resurrection.” He informed them before the board wiped clean and a piece of chalk started writing the notes for the lesson.

“The closest anyone has gotten to resurrect a person from the dead is with the resurrection stone.” Thorsten told them as he walked around the room. “It can recall someone who died from beyond, but they will return only in a semi-corporeal form." He mentioned before continuing back up to the front of the room. "These forms of loved ones are less real than a living body but more than a ghost. Meaning, they are more physically solid than a ghost, but less than a living body.” He finished before asking. “Now, any questions?”

Devlyn Maycry

Jade Galaksylph

murruelecreuset

Cara MiaKitty

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:10 pm
Raymond Ara Yuko
Third Year Slytherin
Pureblood Parselmouth
Reserve Chaser

User Image User Image
                                    Location : Ghoul and Ghost Studies - Tuesday @ 11:00pm

Raymond hadn’t been feeling overly well after dinner last Tuesday and had fallen asleep in the common room. As a result the Slytherin hadn’t gone to class. However he had taken the initiative to find out what he missed in order to do a makeup assignment. This week however was different. Raymond although late had arrived to class. Taking notes on resurrection, he found the topic interesting. When the time came for questions he remained silent. He’d already come in late so he didn’t want to stand out. Granted perhaps some points for Slytherin would have been good. Oh well…

With: Class...

Wearing: Slytherin Uniform

OOC: ---

Hrm, rather intelligent, I see...
                                    Not to mention you seem to have a tendency to think of yourself first...
                                    I do believe this house is the perfect fit for you...
                                    Slytherin!

Third Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces