Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Fourth Year Classes
Ghoul and Ghost Studies II ~ Lesson 1/4 (Opened 08/24) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:54 pm

Only the 𝓭 𝓮 𝓪 𝓭. have seen the end of the 𝔀 𝓪 𝓻.___________________________________

User Image User Image

BeauregardxxJulesxxDante
          Ghost,xFormerxAuror

”If it isn’t too impertinent of me,” she began politely, to which he immediately interjected, ”Not at all, please,” then gestured for her to continue. Though visibly unperturbed, dwelling on the event of his death usually did nothing but sour his mood. He was pessimistic by nature already, the afterlife seemed to magnify that. But he was still a professional, if nothing else. ”I was on duty at the time, yes. You lot might remember, if I’m not mistaken, you were first or second years at the time, during the raid. My partners and I were one of the first aurors to respond and reach the Hogsmeade train station, to be perfectly honest, it was all such a blur. Everything happened all at once.” Bo wished he could’ve said he died bravely, charging into battle and dueling every death eater to cross his path which was true, to a point. ”I didn’t realize I had died when it happened. I meant to run and save my partner and, I’m not even sure what happened, but one moment I was dueling and the next I was—flying, I suppose.

“They say to become a ghost, you’re either afraid of death, or avoid it as much as possible, or you have someone you’re so deeply attached to, you can’t leave without them. What they don’t say is that you’ll never know which one you are, or why.”
          Well, that sounded thoroughly disappointing. ”Despite the major grievances, I have to say, it’s not all so bad—except for when I’m trying to read, of course, but most are kind enough to flip a page or so if I should ask them.”

User Image User Image User Image

Graydon Ironshield

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:08 pm
User Image
                                            And you don't seem the lying kind
                                            A shame you seemed an honest man
                                            And all the fears you hold so dear

User Image

════════════════════════

Fouʀth Yᴇᴀʀ |Ⅳ| Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ |Ⅳ| Hᴀʟғ-Bʟᴏᴏᴅ

════════════════════════

Text.

"Thank you, for coming to help us," Selina said, with a soft smile and a note of genuine appreciation, reflecting how the defenders of their society never really seemed to get any of the kudos they deserved. She carefully took down the late Auror's words into her notes, as she wished to keep as accurate of a transcription as was possible. Figuring it was probably in poor taste to ask how being in the presence of his mortal remains affected the late Auror, she took her cue from his off-hand remark about trying to read a book.

When none of her classmates came up with anything else to add to the interview, Selina decided to continue on. "Obviously there are physical issues with being a ghost, as well as some advantages. So, what does it feel like when you pass through objects and people? Can you still feel them as you did previously, and do you feel their life energies? As a follow-up question, can you sense or see things now you weren't able to previously?"

Essy ze Ninja

════════════════════════
                                            OOC:
                                            User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Will turn to whisper in your ear
                                            and you know I don't mean to hurt you
                                            But you know that it means so much
                                            And you don't even feel a thing

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:39 am
New Year 2032 - 2033

Reminders...

* Students must attend a minimum of half the lessons for the year or face losing house points.
      Unless reason is given either in the absent thread or through private message. If so it will count as if you were present for that class lesson.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:53 am
User Image
Professor Thorsten Eckstein
Pureblood Professor of Ghoul and Ghost Studies Former Durmstrang, Keltainen

Location : Classroom (third floor) - Monday @ 9:00am

First class of the new year and Thorsten was looking forward to it. Last year had gone well and he had a good bunch of students. He hoped that this year would go just as well and hopefully his students would remember the information from last year. Of course if they didn't he'd be making them do review, luckily without the whole introduction thing to go along with it.

Sitting at his desk as his students arrived, Thorsten hardly showed any expression as he looked to see theirs. Getting up and going to the front of his desk he leaned up against it before flicking his wand to the board revealing the rules and the subject topic on the board. “Good morning and welcome back to ghoul and ghost studies. I hope your summers were good.” Thorsten greeted them before getting into what they'd be doing for the day.

“Today we will cover new material but first, I'd like to do review of last years material.” Thorsten told them before adding. “One topic each please.”

With : Fourth year class

Wearing : Professional

OOC : - - -

Cara MiaKitty
                                                Pamela Gautreaux, Hufflepuff: 0/4 || 0 Essays

stitchkin babe
                                                Sybil Vance, Ravenclaw : 0/4 || 0 Essays

The Forgotten Weasley
                                                Asteria Frey, Gryffindor : 0/4 || 0 Essays

Deviled Dregs
                                                Levi Gamble, Gryffindor : 0/4 || 0 Essays

RedEagleEye007
                                                Lionel Lira, Hufflepuff : 0/4 || 0 Essays

Jade Galaksylph
                                                Avian Lovette, Ravenclaw : 0/4 || 0 Essays

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:46 pm
                          User Image
                          USERNAME HERE

【 LOCATION 】 ghoul and ghost studies x 【 MOOD 】 curious x 【 COMPANY 】 fourth years x 【 CLOTHING 】 isn't it funny?

First class of the year... Sybil thought, making her way into Professor Eckstein's classroom. Glad it's one I like... Last year, the class had proved to be rather interested, and provoked Sybil to think a little more. She hoped that would continue throughout her studies, and the syllabus almost guaranteed it would. "We talked about immortality last year, what it is, what drives people to strive for it, and ways people have attempted achieving it." Sybil murmured.

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:24 am
User Image

Listening to Sybil it looked like she paying attention the previous year. At least Thorsten didn’t have to worry too much about that. Of course it would be more of a worry come next year’s testing. “Nice to see you paid attention and remember, 10 points to Ravenclaw.” He said before going on to what the lesson would be. “For the rest of our time we will be discussing traits of ghosts.” Standing up from his leaning option at the front of his desk, the German wizard flicked his wand at the board once more. The board wiping clean and a piece of chalk started writing the notes for the lesson. “I suggest taking notes down from the board.” He gestured before continuing on.

“You should know the traits or characteristics of a ghost I assume, Hogwarts has a few. They are transparent versions of their former selves, appearing grey silver in color. Now ghosts cannot move objects but it does appear that wind can cause movement with ghosts.” Thorsten told them as he walked around the room. “I don’t suppose any of you might have a theory as to why that is?” He asked pausing for a moment seeing if anyone knew the answer before going on. “It should be noted ghosts have hard time talking about their deaths as one might expect. They do celebrate their death day however.” He finished as he made his way back to the front of the classroom.

“Now if you have any questions, feel free to ask.” Thorsten told them as he looked up at the clock. “If not then you are dismissed. Next week we will get into ghost abilities.”

Cara MiaKitty

stitchkin babe
                                                Sybil Vance, Ravenclaw : 1/4 || 0 Essays

The Forgotten Weasley

Deviled Dregs

RedEagleEye007

Jade Galaksylph

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:13 am
User Image

Thorsten had done a whole week of classes and was feeling pretty good about it. He had bright and intelligent students in his fourth year class he had to admit. Sitting at his desk as his students arrived, Thorsten hardly showed any expression as they took their seats. Getting up and going to the front of his desk, he leaned up against it before flicking his wand to the board revealing the subject topic on the board. “Good morning,” Thorsten greeted before getting into the topic. “Today we will be discussing the abilities of ghosts.” He informed them before the board wiped clean and a piece of chalk started writing the notes for the lesson.

“The abilities of a ghost probably are as easy to figure as the traits of them.” Thorsten told them as he walked around the room. “They essentially fly, are weightless, and can pass through solid objects. They create disturbances in water, fire and air; changing the temperature around them to be icy cold, and flames appearance blue.” He listed off before making his way to the front of the classroom. “It should be noted ghosts cannot be destroyed although they can become petrified.” He finished before leaning up against his desk. “Now any questions?” Thorsten asked scanning the room.

Cara MiaKitty

stitchkin babe
                                                Sybil Vance, Ravenclaw : 1/4 || 0 Essays

The Forgotten Weasley

Deviled Dregs

RedEagleEye007

Jade Galaksylph

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 9:32 pm
New Year 2033 - 2034

Reminders...

* Students must attend a minimum of half the lessons for the year or face losing house points.
      Unless reason is given either in the absent thread or through private message. If so it will count as if you were present for that class lesson.

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 9:35 pm
User Image

First class of the new year and Thorsten was looking forward to it. Last year had gone well and he had a good bunch of students. He hoped that this year would go just as well and hopefully his students would remember the information from last year. Of course if they didn't he'd be making them do review, luckily without the whole introduction thing to go along with it.

Sitting at his desk as his students arrived, Thorsten hardly showed any expression as he looked to see theirs. Getting up and going to the front of his desk he leaned up against it before flicking his wand to the board revealing the rules and the subject topic on the board. “Good morning and welcome back to ghoul and ghost studies. I hope your summers were good.” Thorsten greeted them before getting into what they'd be doing for the day.

“Today we will cover new material but first, I'd like to do review of last years material.” Thorsten told them before adding. “One topic each please.”

Cara MiaKitty
                                                Jasmine Pierce, Gryffindor : 0/4 || 0 Essays

Diamond Wales
                                                Rhys Hamilton-Blake, Gryffindor : 0/4 || 0 Essays

EmrysStorm
                                                Anna-Marie Curts, Gryffindor : 0/4 || 0 Essays

Porcelaine Ivory
                                                Liam Cade, Ravenclaw : 0/4 || 0 Essays

mc2
                                                Mordred Sefton, Ravenclaw : 0/4 || 0 Essays

Essy ze Ninja
                                                Savannah Hastings, Slytherin : 0/4 || 0 Essays

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 3:29 am
User Image
xxxxxMordred Taylor Seftonxxxxx
4th Year Ravenclaw

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Ghoul and Ghost Studies, Mordred figured was a fairly morbid subject to take and it wasn't one of the subjects to attract a large number of students, but he liked it. Honestly he found it interesting that one could have contact with the dead after they were gone in some instances and of course ghouls and poltergeists, spirit like creatures, were fascinating too. He actually even considered perhaps pursuing a field with ghosts or poltergeists someday not that he said anything of it at the moment. Also he figured it would be his luck if his father kicked the bucket that he'd stick around as a ghost. Mordred felt it smart to be prepared for that possibility.

When it came to review, Mordred easily provided, "We spoke of the Afterlife and a bit about how in most ways, except for the aspects known by ghosts, very little is known about it. The unknown about the Afterlife is one of the driving reasons some become ghosts even."

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Looking: Witty

Interesting that your first thought goes towards dark matters,
And you're clever enough to determine
For yourself that I have seen my fair share of dark minds,
I know where to place you dear boy...
Ravenclaw!

{OoC: }
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 2:04 pm
User Image

Listening to his students it looked like they paying attention the previous year. At least Thorsten didn’t have to worry too much about that. Of course it would be more of a worry come next year’s testing. “Very good, 10 points to Ravenclaw.” He said before going on to what the lesson would be. “For the rest of our time we will be discussing traits of ghosts.” Standing up from his leaning option at the front of his desk, the German wizard flicked his wand at the board once more. The board wiping clean and a piece of chalk started writing the notes for the lesson. “I suggest taking notes down from the board.” He gestured before continuing on.

“You should know the traits or characteristics of a ghost I assume, Hogwarts has a few. They are transparent versions of their former selves, appearing grey silver in color. Now ghosts cannot move objects but it does appear that wind can cause movement with ghosts.” Thorsten told them as he walked around the room. “I don’t suppose any of you might have a theory as to why that is?” He asked pausing for a moment seeing if anyone knew the answer before going on. “It should be noted ghosts have hard time talking about their deaths as one might expect. They do celebrate their death day however.” He finished as he made his way back to the front of the classroom.

“Now if you have any questions, feel free to ask.” Thorsten told them as he looked up at the clock. “If not then you are dismissed. Next week we will get into ghost abilities.”

Cara MiaKitty

Diamond Wales

EmrysStorm

Porcelaine Ivory

mc2
                                                Mordred Sefton, Ravenclaw : 1/4 || 0 Essays

Essy ze Ninja

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 11:48 am
User Image

Thorsten had done a whole week of classes and was feeling pretty good about it. He had bright and intelligent students in his fourth year class he had to admit. Sitting at his desk as his students arrived, Thorsten hardly showed any expression as they took their seats. Getting up and going to the front of his desk, he leaned up against it before flicking his wand to the board revealing the subject topic on the board. “Good morning,” Thorsten greeted before getting into the topic. “Today we will be discussing the abilities of ghosts.” He informed them before the board wiped clean and a piece of chalk started writing the notes for the lesson.

“The abilities of a ghost probably are as easy to figure as the traits of them.” Thorsten told them as he walked around the room. “They essentially fly, are weightless, and can pass through solid objects. They create disturbances in water, fire and air; changing the temperature around them to be icy cold, and flames appearance blue.” He listed off before making his way to the front of the classroom. “It should be noted ghosts cannot be destroyed although they can become petrified.” He finished before leaning up against his desk. “Now any questions?” Thorsten asked scanning the room.

Cara MiaKitty

Diamond Wales

EmrysStorm

Porcelaine Ivory

mc2

Essy ze Ninja

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 9:39 pm
User Image

Thorsten sat at his desk as his students arrived. He hardly showed any expression as they took their seats. Getting up and going to the front of his desk, he leaned up against it before flicking his wand to the board revealing the day’s plans on the board. Today was going to be a tad different they just didn’t know it yet. “Good morning,” Thorsten greeted before getting into the event for the day. “Today you will be meeting a ghost or ghosts.” He informed them.

“You can ask them what you like, though please be polite.” Thorsten told them giving a slight warning to anyone who tried showing disrespect. He didn’t think he had anything to worry about with this group though. “So I will give the floor over to you and them for the day.” He further explained. “It is open discussion, so have fun with it.” He finished before taking his seat again at the desk. “Now I’d like to welcome our guest(s).”

Status : This will be interesting.

OOC : Quoted all ghosts for this lesson. If you would like to be a part of the class feel free to post if not I'll use an NPC for now 3nodding

Cara MiaKitty

Diamond Wales

EmrysStorm

Porcelaine Ivory

mc2

Essy ze Ninja

Ghosts
                                                Miss GryffindorK
                                                The Bloody Baron
                                                Cara MiaKitty
                                                Miriam Delaney
                                                Essy ze Ninja
                                                Beauregard Dante
                                                Maiya Kajuji
                                                Elizabeth Tate
                                                Diamond Wales
                                                Sir Nicholas
                                                Violet the Maestro
                                                Erianthe Acacia

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 1:45 pm
User Image

How odd to be invited to a class. Erianthe didn't think she would have ever been invited one. The last time she sat in a classroom, it was when she was following Jasmine around. That was quite a while ago now. In fact, it had been over a decade since her sister graduated. She wondered what Jasmine was up to. It wasn't as if ghosts received owls, and she still had more than a few hard feelings toward Zane. Perhaps Jasmine was a mother now. That would be a wonderful thing! Erianthe would have to follow the child around.

Looking at the students, Erianthe realized that they were, in a matter of speaking, older than her. This class was full of fourth years. The girl sighed as she thought about what could have been. Perhaps she would have become a prefect like her sister. Though she slightly doubted that. Jasmine was the more outgoing one.

Focusing her attention back on the class, Erianthe began to wonder what sort of questions they would ask. She didn't mind most questions, so long as people didn't mind the answers they were going to receive.

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:17 pm
User Image

Thorsten sat at his desk as his students arrived. He hardly showed any expression as they took their seats. Getting up and going to the front of his desk, he leaned up against it before flicking his wand to the board revealing the subject topic on the board. “Good morning,” Thorsten greeted before getting into the topic. “Today we will be discussing similarities and differences of ghosts and poltergeists.” He informed them before the board wiped clean and a piece of chalk started writing the notes for the lesson.

“We talked about ghosts and traits before, poltergeists very similar.” Thorsten told them as he walked around the room. “They fly, can go through walls, however they can move solid objects. Where ghosts are passive, poltergeists cause trouble and mischief. Like ghost they cannot be destroyed, however they can be hit by some hexes as humans.” He spoke before making his way to the front of the classroom. “Poltergeists were never human. Thus never lived and died. There is also possibility that they can feel pain, though not injured physically.” He finished before leaning up against his desk. “Now any questions?” Thorsten asked scanning the room.

Status : This will be interesting.

Cara MiaKitty

Diamond Wales

EmrysStorm

Porcelaine Ivory

mc2

Essy ze Ninja

Fourth Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff