Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "RPC" *Roleplay Central*
Can You Stop It? [V x S] [1x1] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 26 27 28 29 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shiningdragon21

Omnipresent Mystic

15,190 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:54 pm
A tit for tat offering towards the trade of the book he sought. What a terrible thing to have to run into with himself not having brought anything with him. What point would it make tho if the creature didn't have such a book as he sought to find. Let alone she may indeed be trying to simply trick him to move closer into her cave. An action he didn't not oblige with. He prefer currently the open space of the cave. "Why waste such a lovely day to hide within the confines of a cave?" he called to her looking back over his shoulder. By the position of the sun in the sky it was likely near 10 in the morning it's light now on his back. It gave him the advantage he assumed if her eyesight was unable to properly adjust to the light over his shoulder. "Who's to say you even have the book that I seek? This travel may have been for naught." The treasure the Dragon kept was vast. From what little he could see he surmised it was a portion of the treasure of his entire kingdom. "Who is to say that within your vast horde this single book would be? Do you yourself know of the pages that your horde holds?"  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:15 pm

Aurum let a puff of heat come from her nostrils at his refusal to enter her cave. It was not something someone of her kind would do, at least not so civilly. Perhaps the man did not quite understand the sort of honor it was that she had not yet scooped him up and scorched him in one motion and called it a day. "Someone must have said," The beast laughed, "Why else would you come to my lair?" Though there had been strangers and few intruders.. there were still very few. All seeking something the "rumored" beast held in its possession. Letting out a low growl, Aurum stood on all fours, pausing only to allow all the pieces to again fall onto her pile. If the human would not come to her, she would simply come closer to him. It didn't take but a few slow steps for her to shorten the distance between them considerably, and she simply laid upright once more, smiling to the adventurer. "Now, tell me what item it is you seek, and I will decide if I want to depart with one of my treasures," So close to the human, she dimmed her voice.. though it probably didn't help much. Her tone held a slight attitude, as if she might have even been offended that he suggest she would just toss books into a pile she laid in.

pramheda

Fox

Shiningdragon21

Omnipresent Mystic

15,190 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:36 pm
With the movements of the dragon again the ground rocked under him. Her mass was not something to scoff at with the few steps she made shaking his balance. When she again plopped down infront of him he did all he could to keep his balance. "A little bird spoke to me of a cave, tho it's occupants was not included" Kael commented straightening up. It seemed by the tone of her voice she was some what displeased, likely by his comment on the mess she called a horde. "I seek as I said a book. Blue cover, Elvish runes lined with ancient script across it's cover and spine." Shifting where he stood, Kaelthas loosened his stance, the sword on his hip shifting with him. "It's a book of spells. No that wouldn't be correct to say. It's a book of spell deconstruction" Kael said to her. Being honest in the situation likely was the best option. It didn't seem to prevalent to lie to the dragoness on what he sought. Tho if she knew it's value he couldn't hazard to guess.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:55 pm

"Hmm," Uttered the beast thoughtfully, her mind racing over the magical books she possessed. Though Aurum housed many books, and many were a close match, she would have to go through them to know if she had what the adventurer was looking for. But that would require her to turn back into her humanoid form and then she would have to trust the man enough to allow her back to be facing him. Aurum watched Kael with a cautious eye and spoke with more than just slight distrust, "I would have to look.." As she trailed off, she seemed to let out another small and thoughtful noise, but it was far more unsure of her statement. The easiest method would be to paralyze him, she thought to herself, watching him. "Should I have it, what would you give me in return?" She questioned, though a very sudden idea occurred to her - did Kael even know that dragons had another form? A human commoner might not have more than basic knowledge of dragons, which was at times only rumors anyway.

pramheda

Fox

Shiningdragon21

Omnipresent Mystic

15,190 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:29 pm
As he suspected she likely didn't know what all she had exactly in her collection of tomes. Crossing his arms at her question Kael though for a moment. It was obvious she didn't trust him. He himself was the same with the dragon keeping her just at a range of him just in case. Again now the question of what he could offer came to be. For such a tome that the Dragoness likely had little knowledge about what would be something to catch her attention. A thought came to him as he stood there reaching to his wrist. "I have something. Do you recall a jade dove flapping into your cave from earlier?" He questioned her as he unfurled his arms.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:29 pm

A slight lift of her head was a sure sign of her interest, "Yes, I do," The dragon confirmed, eyeing her guest warily. Aurum took in a small breath when he moved his arms, fully prepared to scorch him without a second thought. Instead, the dragon let out a puff of hot air and a quick word, "Stay," As her eyes seemed to brighten momentarily. At first, it might have only seemed like a command, but the inability to move his body would become a fact known quickly. The young beast stood, giving her mighty head a quick shake as a crimson and peachy mist surrounded and swirled around her enormous body. In mere seconds stood a young girl with strawberry blonde locks and horns that curled around to a soft point. She gave her head another brief shake and spun on her heel, striding over to her hoard and then scrambling up and over the pile. She disappeared around the corner and began searching with haste. As her proficiency was with elemental magic.. well, she just knew she had to be quick. Each blue-bound Elvish spellbook she found - four in total - took a few minutes each to find. When she scurried back out, books in hand, the petite girl seemed a little less confident she had what he sought. Placing each on the cave's floor, the girl gave a brief wave of her hand and uttered, "Move," in order to release him. Feeling how weak the magic was when she did release him, she was glad that she had rushed to find the books. Just a little longer and he might have been able to move again on his own. Aurum held her hand mid-high still, just in case he decided to retaliate against her spell now that he was free to move. When she spoke again, the voice was very different from her draconic shape. It was light, almost airy, "If these are not it, I do not have your item." The trinket, though, she would still want. Her face bore no particular emotion, but her eyes did have a sort of thoughtful gleam.

pramheda

Fox

Shiningdragon21

Omnipresent Mystic

15,190 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:08 pm
With the dragons seeming interest in his question it was evident that was likely to be the item she would trade for. While it was not a particular item he held much sentiment for, it had become useful in many a ways. With her approving of his offering when the dragoness spoke he thought little of it as she stood. It was not till he himself tried to move after that he realized that the simple word had been a spell. A paralysis spell that was quickly pushed to the side in his mind for a moment as a mist suddenly coated the dragon. A string of anxiousness pulled at him as he remember a spell that would likely help to remove the paralysis. That however it seemed to be unneeded as the smoke cleared. Where the dragon once stood now a rather short blonde haired girl stood. The dragons horns remained tho one of the few indicators of what she was that did. 'I was not aware a dragon could become a human. How many may walk the streets among the mixed races? Are all of them able to do such a thing?' A plethora of questions filled Kael's mind as he stood there unable to move.

In his time alone he tested the strength of the spell. It was a weak one that he could tell enough. With a bit of stressing he was able to move his appendages a bit but not enough to do much with. If able to be cast during a fight it would be a powerfully crippling ability to know. The sound of the girl returning brought his eyes back as she released the spell on him. Finally able to move he adjusted himself. He was able to catch where her hand was likely in a defense in case he had attempted to try something. "No need for the defensive nature. I am sure had either of us wanted it from the start there would have been no civility to be had in a clash."

Giving a small wave of dismissal towards her he reached into his pocket and pulled out a small piece of paper. Taking several steps to where he could see the books easier he looked back and forth between them for a few moments. Each book resembled the text he sought looked similar to what he had described tho compared to the drawing he held it was evident none matched. "None of them match, such a waste" he muttered folding the paper back up and stuffing it into his pocket. Reaching down to look at the books Kael drew a hand over the covers of several.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:56 pm

Clad in sleek black trousers and a loose-fitting deep red top, with black boots to match, the young girl had no trinkets or jewelry on herself. He decided to tell the dragon she need not worry herself with being defensive.. but Aurum watched him indecisively before slowly lowering her arm. As he looked over each book, she began to smile some. Surely, this would be a grand trade indeed! As he continued to glance over the books, though, her excitement diminished. With her enhanced hearing, her long ears picked up his mutterings and the dragon frowned. Aurum crossed her arms and let out a huff. "It's more of a shame, really," Now that the dragon knew she didn't have the tome, she seemed almost impatient. "Aurum's the name, and I tend to get what I want for my collection," Which wasn't entirely true. She had a tendency to want nearly anything of value, monetary or magical, and she would need a bigger cave if she got everything she wanted.

pramheda

Fox

Shiningdragon21

Omnipresent Mystic

15,190 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:20 pm
Standing up Kaelthas looked down at the books for a moment before running a hand thru his hair. A single look spoke plenty. The look of disappointment was heavy on the woman's face. That the books were not what he wanted tho held out something for him tho. She apparently quite wanted the item he had offered which gave him a battering chip. "John Snow" he said with a slight bow towards her as was customary when introducing ones self. His name of course was not his true one. The dragoness had not even seen his true self yet and he saw no reason to display it. "Well then as you said before when I first arrived, What have you to trade for it?" A small smirk formed on Kael's lips as he stood there. While the woman infront of him was still the dragon he had encountered he felt nothing of the same air around her now.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:38 pm

Rather than feel turned around, the woman gave a slightly boastful laugh. Aurum's arms uncrossed and she motioned behind her for emphasis. "What would you ask for?" The dragon did not trust the man still, and that much was certain. She had a feeling the name was fraud, but how was she to know? Humans had such abnormal names at times that maybe one really was named John Snow. The small girl was not nearly so intimidating, but she was still a dragon with slim patience. The magic around him was different from the magic held on her items. She urged to dispel whatever it was, but perhaps it was a curse of some sort and she would be doing the man a favor. She wouldn't risk giving out her help for free, though, and decided against dispelling the magic. When she spoke again, this time with one hand on her hip and the other hanging at her side, she seemed as though she was getting bored. It had been nearly an hour, if not more, of simply entertaining the idea of some book. "Come now, I know I have something worth your while," There was a hint of arrogance to her. She knew she had plenty.

pramheda

Fox

Shiningdragon21

Omnipresent Mystic

15,190 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:26 pm
Shifting his stance again he frowned. "I have only come for a single book. Do not take this as a sign of disrespect but your horde means little to me. I do not crave such menial things such as gold, jewels, and the like. I have come into such violent territories for but a single book." Crossing his arms again he stood there for a moment pondering things. "You seem intent to have this trinket. While I have no interest in your horde I am wanting of this book and the least I know is that it resides in your home land tho where I am unsure." Looking at her he wondered if he would need to lay out his proposition more to the dragon or not.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:48 pm

A proposition where she doesn't have to give anything up? That was something the dragon could work with.. and she had so little else going on, it was something of a gift to ask her to help him find the item. While Aurum understood his disinterest in her horde, it was not without a slight feeling of insult. Such things were her pride, after all, "So you require my help in this? Do know I cannot simply fly wherever I wish, there are rules," Unwritten rules, of course, but they were there. She couldn't simply fly into another dragon's territory without expecting some form of retaliation. Giving a sigh, she rolled her eyes and turned to her horde. "Fine. You're lucky I don't have anything better to do," Of course, there were lessons at home. There were always lessons to be avoided. Aurum stayed right at the beginning of the horde, where her regular items were stored, and found a simple pack not too worn. She filled a small pouch with coins and tossed it into the pack before climbing to the center and pushing through her abundance of gold to find various items: a small nondescript wand, a medium stone that barely fit in her palm, a deceptively plain leather flask, and a simple dagger with an odd powerful pulse to it. The dagger she attached to herself on the upper thigh, but the rest she pushed into her pack. Sliding down the hill of treasure, Aurum returned her look to the man. "But if we're doing this, you might want to dispel whatever magic is around you, if you can. It's second nature for us to sense that sort of thing and I am not about to walk around with another target on my back," She spoke with a sort of finality, as if he would listen to the petite commander.

pramheda

Fox

Shiningdragon21

Omnipresent Mystic

15,190 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:15 pm
To be honest that the dragoness even considered his proposal was a surprise. That she planned to go thru with it for such a trinket was almost shocking to no end. Standing there almost dumbfounded as she went about her cave gathering things Kael was at a loss for words. In a way the proposition had been a jest, not something he had meant with all intents. Watching her pack several trinkets, odds and ends, and other things into a pouch rubbed the side of his head. She was impulsive, her mood and emotions from what he could gather were fleeting if not random all together. Was this what Dragons were like he pondered. Being called out on his illusion he frowned some what. He had heard a dragon could smell magic, that seemed to be true as he lifted his hand and drug it down across his face. As he did the glimmer he had up faded as his real features now show to her. "I am surprised at your nose" he said earnestly as the illusion over him faded.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:27 pm

"Not the nose," Laughed the young woman, and she sized up the man after he eliminated his magic. There was.. something still there. Knowing the look that crossed his face when she called him out, she suspected he might not know about the second magic around him. "Well at least not my nose. It's more a sense all by itself, it is not quite like the rest," She explained, trying to keep it vague. She moved next to him, and side-by-side showed just how much smaller Aurum was compared to him. In contrast to her dragon form, it was a little frustrating.. she liked to be intimidating. She pulled the flask back out and drank, then offered the refilled flask to him. The dragon flashed the man a smile, pushing some hair behind her ear with her other hand, "I did trade a few tomes to a young mage some time ago.. probably a year or so. It's a decent start." Even helpful now, the young woman was almost charming. If you got past the red eyes and twisted horns.

pramheda

Fox

Shiningdragon21

Omnipresent Mystic

15,190 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:38 pm
"A kind of sixth sense aligned towards magic then." More so now dragons were still a mystery to many humans. Since the war had started Humans and Beasts were on very poor terms outside of the middle kingdom. Looking down at the now minuscule woman that stood at his side it almost made him want to laugh. Before a large foreboding creature stood and now a girl likely a a head shorter then himself. Declining the flask he payed more attention to her words of the mage. As much of what she had said it was vague at best. "A mage? Was it a mixed blood, beast or human?" A year prior that she traded with this person. That gave very little to go on in the way of leads. Less so considering with how secluded her cave was from the war and boarder.  
"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 26 27 28 29 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff