Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Rain panders to the Old Bloods-A game of Good & Evil CLOSED! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:45 pm
Mongooseh
... but apprehensive on the concept.

Before I even made the thread, I figured some would be. I wouldn't even be surprised if it failed to launch.

But I'm also insanely curious of what kind of note it will end on if it does play out. Will players be total douchebags to one another right out of the gate and failure to work together cause the downfall of everything? Will any of the evil players try to play multiple sides within the party? Will the good players convert anyone? Will the quest be successful, and everyone part civilly without a drop of bloodshed, the evil players thus defying the wishes of the gods that give them their very power?

I don't know. That's what compelled me to propose this game - so I can find out.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:00 pm
Rain Yupa
Mongooseh

Before I even made the thread, I figured some would be. I wouldn't even be surprised if it failed to launch.

But I'm also insanely curious of what kind of note it will end on if it does play out. Will players be total douchebags to one another right out of the gate and failure to work together cause the downfall of everything? Will any of the evil players try to play multiple sides within the party? Will the good players convert anyone? Will the quest be successful, and everyone part civilly without a drop of bloodshed, the evil players thus defying the wishes of the gods that give them their very power?

I don't know. That's what compelled me to propose this game - so I can find out.

Social Experiment confirmed.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

KytanaTheThief
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:05 pm
Im a psych major; im totally in for a social experiment. I will probably prefer to play a good char, but can play evil if there needs to be a balance. Still trying to figure out what race/class I'd play, since its been a while since i looked at the books. Im away from my laptop for the next few hours at least so it'll have to wait until then.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:11 pm
KytanaTheThief
Im a psych major; im totally in for a social experiment. I will probably prefer to play a good char, but can play evil if there needs to be a balance. Still trying to figure out what race/class I'd play, since its been a while since i looked at the books. Im away from my laptop for the next few hours at least so it'll have to wait until then.

Plains has already declared allegiance to evil. I predict evil filling up before good hence why I checked out the good deities just in case.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:58 pm
Rain Yupa
Mongooseh

I cant even get yo guys to walk down the street in my campaign without picking fights with each other. And you are all on the same team, without any moral quandaries!  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:06 pm
None of us are even evil-aligned!  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

KytanaTheThief
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:47 am
I dunno why, I just feel like going classic here.

Debating between a dwarf cleric/angelic avenger of Avandra, or a dragonborn paladin/champion of order of bahamut.

Gonna play around a bit since I'm not used to multiclassing; see what I can pull off. Might just stick with simple.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:02 pm
I might play, might not; though a thought enters my head... What of the Ioun and the other unaligned divinities? Are they sitting this one out?  

glitterboypilot

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:19 pm
The good gods (LG, G, and Unal ones) are pretty much tapped out after that abyss attack where they snuck in and took the ritual. So not everyone has full access to their staff's full potential. Basically, the 2-3 strongest heroes on call from all those deities combined, rather than, say, one player per deity.

So I didn't accidentally a full-on evil campaign, I cut out the questionable Unaligned deities as potential draws. They have strong divine heroes, but currently, the 2-3 strongest do not belong to any of them.

EDIT: I understand the sentiment though. I have an Invoker of Erathis ready to go for your campaign, but since it sounded like you might have reached cap with interested people, I haven't pushed the character because I won't take a spot if it denies someone else the opportunity to play.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:49 pm
Strongest... You mean devoutest... There goes my plan of screwing over all the gods, and hiding the ritual though-out 776 children books, all written in different languages and styles, and sell them, very cheaply and in large sets of other books in every kingdom I could find. And tell no one of the 777th book, which I destroy along with the original ritual. stare  

glitterboypilot

KytanaTheThief
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:43 am
So I think I settled on the Dragonborn paladin of bahamut, if that helps anyone trying to decide what char they should make.

I'll write up the sheet after I get home from work.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:58 am
I'll throw my hat in as a Invoker of Pelor. PRAISE THE SUN.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:43 am
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=891026

Ready for first pass, I think ><  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:53 pm
Plainsfox
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=891026

Ready for first pass, I think ><

Stats are good now.

Need your 1 action point.

Starting experience for 21st level is 175,000.

You forgot your Just Action PP feature.

You're missing your Dilettante at-will Encounter and Soldier of Faith divine challenge Encounter powers.

Heavy Blade Opportunist = Heavy Blade Opportunity, I think? Since you seem to be pulling from the PHB only, I'll assume that's what it means.

Very weird that you have STR/CHA for your attack stats, and STR/DEX for your damage stats... was that intentional?

I think you have a lot more gold left. After your 3 magic items (sword, armor, cloak), with 125k, I have you at 5,985 gp left (then 4110 after rituals). I ran the numbers twice. Also, 'mundane gear' you can have for free at your level so you don't have to actually add in the cost of the tent, EB torch, or SAK, so that gives you 75 more gp to spend, technically.

Note, that you actually haven't purchased any components for your rituals, so you currently can't cast any of them sweatdrop

Out of curiosity, why did you keep your lowest level powers? Did the Paragon level powers disinterest you?  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out