Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Second Year Classes
Charms II ~ *Lesson 1/5* Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:47 am
User ImageUser Image
I won't just survive
Oh, you will see me thrive
Can't write my story
I'm beyond the archetype
I won't just conform
No matter how you shake my core
'Cause my roots, they run deep

Hikaru arrived to class and was able to get the same spot as before. He watched to tap confusingly, though it all made sense one he knew what they where doing. Taking the usual notes he went to grab a dirty dish. Apparntly the professer had spagetti recently. He definitely wanted to learm this one, he had seen his parents use it for the nasty jobs like cleaning the toilet or if his cat coughed a hairball. He overviewed the notes before giving it a go. Well it was cleaner but he was sure the professors house elves would still want to clean it. So he gave it another go. Now it was super clean!

Oh, ye of so little faith
Don't doubt it, don't doubt it
Victory is in your veins
You know it, you know it
And you will not negotiate
Just fight it, just fight it
And be transformed

Ooc:  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:33 pm
User Image

Oh, I don't know what you've been told
But this gal right here's gonna rule the world
Yeah, that is where I'm gonna be, because I wanna be
No, I don't wanna sit still, look pretty

════════════════════════

Jilly arrived to class a tad later than she wanted so she was a bit out of breath when she had arrived. she had saved a first-year from a trick step. it had gotten her so many time she knew it by heart. she took her seat and began notes. She liked this charm! It did the chores! When it was time for practice she grabbed a plate that smelled of garlic and noodles stuck to it. she read trough the charm and the motions before trying it. First try got rid of the noodles but the plate was still grimy and still smelled of garlic. second time it was squeaky clean and ready for more food.....mmm food....

════════════════════════

OoC:

I know the other girlies
Wanna wear expensive things
Like diamond rings
But I don't wanna be the puppet
That you're playing on a string
This queen don't need a king

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:32 pm
Listen to me, please sit down and stay-
I'm gonna build a house and hide away!
Gather timber from the ground...
I'll build a castle that won't fall down.
And when I'm done the clock will stop and from,
Our heads will come bright flowers.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

BLOOD TRAITORFORMER HUFFLEPUFFCHARMS PROFESSOR

Elsie had a special appreciation for the spell she'd be teaching today, as a former chaser and quidditch team captain. She sat at her desk taking attendance as the students entered, hoping they'd appreciate the practical part of this lesson after what she'd put them through last class. When most of the desks had bodies at them, she stood up, brushing off her jumper, and clapped her hands together to stifle any chatter. "Good morning everyone! Today we will be learning arresto momentum, or more literally, the slowing charm." As much was written out on the board in blue chalk.

"If any of you play Quidditch, in particular chaser, than you've already encountered this charm. It was invented by a witch named Daisy Pennifold, in order to slow the movement of quaffles during Quidditch games, so that they do not drop instantaneously towards the ground, and instead fall as if through water. This makes it far easier for chasers to catch them in the air. Arresto momentum slows or stops velocity- the speed something moves in a given direction. For example, if someone threw something at you, and you cast this spell, you would see whatever it was keep coming towards you, but slow down greatly. This charm is not really effective on animals; it freezes them in place for a few moments, rather than slowing them down. If you cast it on a bird, for example, the bird would stop flapping its wings and fall from the sky."

The blonde witch had retrieved a black and white football from behind her desk, and held it tucked under one arm now. She'd never played the muggle game until she was an adult, but Dave was exceedingly fond of it, having played as a child. "Lucky for all of you, all you have to do to cast this charm is wave your wand at whatever you want to slow down. The pronunciation is ah-REST-oh mo-MEN-tum, which quite literally means 'stop the momentum'. Now. I'm going to put a lot of trust in all of you. I want one person up here by the board to play mock goalie, and one person at the back of the class to kick this ball at them- NOT aiming for their head, understood? Help me move these desks aside please, and we'll get two alternating lines going, one to practice the charm, stopping the soccer ball before it hits the front wall, and one to test their kicking skills. Once you've kicked, switch to the other line, and so on."

OOC:
Username

I don't know, I can't contain my heartbeat-
I am dancing, shrouded by green trees!
I am whirling, wearing my sun feet;
And humming children to sleep.
I love to watch the light you spread to the room...
See how it dances from you to me to you.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:15 pm
User ImageUser Image
I won't just survive
Oh, you will see me thrive
Can't write my story
I'm beyond the archetype
I won't just conform
No matter how you shake my core
'Cause my roots, they run deep

Hikaru arrived to class and was able to get the seat he liked. He took the usual notes and when it came to the practical he opted to start with the spell. He got into his Qudditch zone, he was use to balls flying at him. He focused hard as watched the ball get lauched by Jilly, a likely way too excited Gryffindor. She could aim well at least the ball launched and off went his spell. While it didn't stop it was much slower enough for him to tuck his wand away and catch it. He swiched spots and lauched it at Jilly. Ok mabye kicking things at people was kinda fun.....

Oh, ye of so little faith
Don't doubt it, don't doubt it
Victory is in your veins
You know it, you know it
And you will not negotiate
Just fight it, just fight it
And be transformed

Ooc:  

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:25 pm
User Image

Oh, I don't know what you've been told
But this gal right here's gonna rule the world
Yeah, that is where I'm gonna be, because I wanna be
No, I don't wanna sit still, look pretty

════════════════════════

Jillian had been almost late to class sh opted to help a fist year get free from the tric step. She came to class ploped town and was ready to learn. When the practice time came she was the first to offer to kick. The shy Asian nerd, Hikaru was her partner. She aimed the kick and fired at the Ravenclaw. He was able to pull off the spell. Now it was her turn to use the spell. She focused in on her target almost forgeting everything else. She was in the ZONE! When the ball was releases she fired the spell. Her ball was slower than Hikaru's had been. She seemed to be doing well in this class.

════════════════════════

OoC:

I know the other girlies
Wanna wear expensive things
Like diamond rings
But I don't wanna be the puppet
That you're playing on a string
This queen don't need a king

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:04 pm
User ImageUser Image
Julius Devereux
Second Year Slytherin
Family Heir

Location : Charms Class - Monday @ 8:00am

Julius wasn’t overly concerned about charms. It was an average class for him. Today they were learning the slowing charm, arresto momentum. The whole Quidditch analogy didn’t really do anything for him. He wasn’t a Quidditch player and he didn’t really care about the games. They gave him something to do when the house teams were going head to head but that was about it. After taking his notes, Julius got ready to try his hand on the spell. All he needed to do was slow it down.

Standing in the zone for the football to be kicked at him, Julius waited with his wand in hand. “Arresto momentum.” He said with a wave of his wand. The ball slowed down causing it to make it as far as his feet. Well he had to have done something right. Julius then switched and kicked the ball to the next person to test the charm.

With : Class...

Attire : Slytherin Uniform

OOC : - - -

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

MsKiwiness

Demonic Divorcee

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:38 pm

Kungfudemoness

Put Name here

Put Name here

User Image
Puff Uniform

After spending the first week for classes alone and hidden Lauretta decided she better not do that anymore even though that is all she wanted to do. Her parents wouldn't want her to do that all they would want her to try her hardest at all of her classes even though she is going through a tough time without having her parents around in her life. As she walked into Charms. She spotted her best friend and walked to him putting on a smile even though she didn't want to smile but she will try for him. "Hi Hikaru, can I next sit to you?" She asked politely like the lady was she brought up to be when her parents were still alive. As she took a seat next to Hikaru, the Hufflepuff looked up on the board and noticed what spell they class was doing she wasn't really confident about doing spells at the moment as her focus was not there as it was distracted on other things and over thinking itself. She avoided doing the spells in this class and probably the rest of her classes until she was able to fully focus again. She was hoping that it would very soon if not she will have to figure out another way to get her focus back.  
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 11:13 am
Listen to me, please sit down and stay-
I'm gonna build a house and hide away!
Gather timber from the ground...
I'll build a castle that won't fall down.
And when I'm done the clock will stop and from,
Our heads will come bright flowers.

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

This was Elsie's first official class of the year, and she kept reminding herself to breathe. She wasn't really panicking; rather she was overcome with a sort of giddy excitement that made sitting serenely behind her desk waiting for the students to come in impossible. She got up and checked what she'd written on the board instead. In one corner the class rules were neatly outlined; in another the homework assignment, in yet another the supply list, and in the final corner, a doodle that looked like it had been scrawled by a student and smudged over. As students began to come in and take their seats, she turned to face the class, smoothing the front of her long skirt. "Good morning everyone," she said, far more calmly than she felt. "Welcome back to another year at Hogwarts- I know you all must be relieved to not be the youngest in the school anymore. The blonde woman smiled, wryly. "I'm Professor Shoichet. Name and house please while I take attendance to make sure everyone is back with us after this summer, no need to stand up when you've just sat down, so long as I can hear you. While you're at it, tell me what you thought was the most useful charm you learned last year. If you didn't think any of them were useful, please abstain." Elsie leaned against the desk, going down the list with her wand, occasionally glancing up at the class of young faces.

OOC:
Username

I don't know, I can't contain my heartbeat-
I am dancing, shrouded by green trees!
I am whirling, wearing my sun feet;
And humming children to sleep.
I love to watch the light you spread to the room...
See how it dances from you to me to you.

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 4:14 am
User Image
User Image

《《《《 Gonna ride the world like a merry-go-round 》》》》
《《《《 Like a Ferris wheel that's breaking down 》》》》
《《《《 Drinking angel's piss, gonna crash and burn 》》》》
《《《《 I just want some action so gimme my turn 》》》》

Charlie arrived to class earlier than what was usual for him. He almost felt like a pro with finding things in the castle by now. He ploped into his seat and got out what they needed for the day. The teacher needed to do attendence and even had a discussion question thrown in. Once it was his turn to speak he did. "I'm Charlie Antúnez and I'm in Hufflepuff. I liked the repairing charm, it seems pretty handy." He said as a response. Today was likely easy, week one usully was no matter the school.

《《《《Like a Chinese drama and conspiracy》》》》
《《《《It's the death of a nuclear family staring up at you》》》》
《《《《It's looking like another bad comedy》》》》
《《《《Just as long as it comes in high-fidelity for me too》》》》

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 2:25 pm
Build me up from bones;
Wrap me up in skin.
Hold me close enough to breathe me in...
The moon’s a fingernail,
Scratching on the back-
Of the night in which we lay beside.

User Image

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

Elsie couldn't stop chuckling to herself about her plans for the second years' very first real lesson of the year. When the students entered, she was arranging a tarp over something in the back of the room before she straightened, waved at them, and made her way to the front of the classroom. "Good morning everyone!" After a minute or so devoted to taking attendance, she was prowling before the class once more, obviously quite excited about something. "Deaus, to answer your question from last class, a softening charm cast on a wand would not effect the core at all, and would only be a minor inconvenience until the charm inevitably wore away. Cast on a human, the results would either be quite unpleasant or nonexistent, as we humans are already very soft in terms of surfaces. But human experimentation is not something I would recommend for any charm. Let's not waste any time, and jump straight into what we'll be learning today." Written in neat cursive on the board was Scourgify.

"Scourgify, or the scouring charm, is one of the most basic cleaning spells out there. Its purpose is almost as basic: to clean dirty objects. It's often confused with Tergeo, but while that spell can siphon away liquids and dirt, and even be used in the art of Healing, scourgify is intended solely for non-living things. It creates a stream of soap and bubbles, and as you can imagine, makes many household tasks much easier." The blonde doubted the students really cared much about 'household tasks', but they would eventually. It's rumored to have been created by a witch or wizard serving the Crown, and looking to make their duties less arduous. This may not seem like a very powerful or important charm, but it does require effort, like all magic, and should prove useful to you at some point or another in the future. Unless we do have royalty among us in the room, in which case, take this as a chance to see how the other half lives."

Cracking a teasing grin, she turned to draw the wand movements for the charm on the board.

User Image

"As you can see, very simple indeed. The pronunciation is as follows: SKUR-ji-fy. Now, for your practice of it...," Elsie strode down the aisle between desks to the very back of the classroom, and pulled aside the tarp. Several tubs of dirty dishes and kitchen items sat on the ground. "It took me a very long while to talk the house elves into letting me take some of these, so please don't waste my hard work."

OOC:
Username

I held every inch of you...
I wrote every line for you...
I made time when time was all but gone.
You’re the love I’ve always known-
The night’s so dark and grey;
But you’ve helped me find my way.

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 11:09 pm
User Image
Gertrude Laura Adelwood
Adopted Muggleborn
Second Year Hufflepuff

I go by Gertie...
Oh and I'm 12 years old...

Gertie’s first class on a Monday morning was charms. The young Hufflepuff loved the class. It didn’t hurt that Professor Shoichet was probably one of the best Professors. She was probably one of her favourites. “Good morning Professor Shoichet!” Gertie replied back brightly. Getting her stuff out Gertie looked got ready to take down notes. Today they would be learning the scouring charm.

It sounded pretty easy as far as wand movement and pronunciation. Gertie took notes on the charm used for cleaning. It certainly did sound like it would make cleaning easier. She didn’t mind cleaning things by hand though. Then again how much cleaning did she really do? Gertie’s thing was having bubble baths. At least she kept herself clean and wasn’t like some kid that hated getting wet.

Gertie smiled when she found out they’d be helping the house elves with cleaning the dishes. She didn’t mind helping them. They were nice. Taking her wand, the red head made an “S” shape movement as she said. “Scourgify.” Pointing at a dish at the end she watched as she cleaned it right up. One dish down several more to go! Pushing her sleeves up Gertie continue with the hard work and practice made easy by the charm.

Wearing: Hufflepuff Uniform

With: Class...

OOC: ---

User Image

No one's doubting your brains or creativity
But it's your heart I'm interested in
Ravenclaw's nice, but I believe you'll flourish best in
Hufflepuff!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:40 pm
User Image
Andy O'Farrell

second year // ravenclaw // muggle-born // gender-fluid

Andy entered the class with their bag slung over their shoulder, looking groggy as hell. Truth be told, they hadn't gotten much sleep the night before -- the book on magical creatures they had checked out at the library had been far too interesting. And Socks found it entertaining, too. Mostly the way the pages turned while Andy was reading. Taking their usual seat, Andy slumped over on the desk and blinked blearily up at the professor. They were dressed in female attire, today, with a pleated skirt that reached their knees and tall, grey stockings with navy blue trim.

It is worthy to note, though, that Andy was indeed interested in the lesson. As someone who was raised in a muggle family, they were used to doing all the cleaning by hand. The fact that there was magic that could get it done for them was on the verge of revolutionary. Seeing the dirty pots and pans that were unveiled, Andy just about lurched. Dishes were their least favourite chore. Still, they got up to grab their sample from the pile and brought it back to their desk, lifting their wand and waving it in an S-shape pattern. "Scourgify."

Apparently the spell was a success, because an instant stream of bubbles jetted out from Andy's wand and started insta-scrubbing the pot to perfect cleanliness. Andy's lips twitched in a small smirk. It reminded them of the Pokemon move, Bubblebeam.

User Image  

Professor Foxtrot

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:30 pm
Build me up from bones;
Wrap me up in skin.
The moon’s a fingernail,
Scratching on the back-

User Image

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

Elsie had a special appreciation for the spell she'd be teaching today, as a former chaser and quidditch team captain. She sat at her desk taking attendance as the students entered, hoping they'd appreciate the practical part of this lesson after what she'd put them through last class. When most of the desks had bodies at them, she stood up, brushing off her jumper, and clapped her hands together to stifle any chatter. "Good morning everyone! Today we will be learning arresto momentum, or more literally, the slowing charm." As much was written out on the board in blue chalk.

"If any of you play Quidditch, in particular chaser, than you've already encountered this charm. It was invented by a witch named Daisy Pennifold, in order to slow the movement of quaffles during Quidditch games, so that they do not drop instantaneously towards the ground, and instead fall as if through water. This makes it far easier for chasers to catch them in the air. Arresto momentum slows or stops velocity- the speed something moves in a given direction. For example, if someone threw something at you, and you cast this spell, you would see whatever it was keep coming towards you, but slow down greatly. This charm is not really effective on animals; it freezes them in place for a few moments, rather than slowing them down. If you cast it on a bird, for example, the bird would stop flapping its wings and fall from the sky."

The blonde witch had retrieved a black and white football from behind her desk, and held it tucked under one arm now. She'd never played the muggle game until she was an adult, but Dave was exceedingly fond of it, having played as a child. "Lucky for all of you, all you have to do to cast this charm is wave your wand at whatever you want to slow down. The pronunciation is ah-REST-oh mo-MEN-tum, which quite literally means 'stop the momentum'. Now. I'm going to put a lot of trust in all of you. I want one person up here by the board to play mock goalie, and one person at the back of the class to kick this ball at them- NOT aiming for their head, understood? Help me move these desks aside please, and we'll get two alternating lines going, one to practice the charm, stopping the soccer ball before it hits the front wall, and one to test their kicking skills. Once you've kicked, switch to the other line, and so on."

OOC:
Username

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:27 am
Build me up from bones;
Wrap me up in skin.
The moon’s a fingernail,
Scratching on the back-

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

This was Elsie's first official class of the year, and she kept reminding herself to breathe. She wasn't really panicking; rather she was overcome with a sort of giddy excitement that made sitting serenely behind her desk waiting for the students to come in impossible. She got up and checked what she'd written on the board instead. In one corner the class rules were neatly outlined; in another the homework assignment, in yet another the supply list, and in the final corner, a doodle that looked like it had been scrawled by a student and smudged over. As students began to come in and take their seats, she turned to face the class, smoothing the front of her long skirt. "Good morning everyone," she said, far more calmly than she felt. "Welcome back to another year at Hogwarts- I know you all must be relieved to not be the youngest in the school anymore. The blonde woman smiled, wryly. "I'm Professor Shoichet. Name and house please while I take attendance to make sure everyone is back with us after this summer, no need to stand up when you've just sat down, so long as I can hear you. While you're at it, tell me what you thought was the most useful charm you learned last year. If you didn't think any of them were useful, please abstain." Elsie leaned against the desk, going down the list with her wand, occasionally glancing up at the class of young faces.

OOC:
Username

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:49 pm
Rhett Fang Ye
<2nd year>

Rhett liked charms a lot and was excited to start another year led by Professor Shoichet. She was nice (like most of the professors at Hogwarts) and really seemed to care about making sure they learned. Rhett was one of the earlier ones to arrive, having mapped most of the castle last year in his adventures. Taking a seat near the front he waited for class to start. Once the class began it soon got to his turn to say his name. "Rhett Ye. I'm a Gryffindor," Rhett said, "And the most useful charm has to be reparo. It is useful fixing small things and helps save you some Galleons in the long run when you don't have to run to the store to fix your quill or whatever every time it breaks." Rhett broke his quill a lot from a habit of shoving it in his robe pocket and forgetting about it when he was climbing around the castle or throwing his robe in the wash only to find a broken quill in its pocket the next day.

Time: 2037-2038
                  Looking: Ready for Adventure

Hello, then, Rhett
                  Hm, adventurous and reckless,
                  And you like pranks and can't sit still
                  Yes, I know just where to place you

Gryffindor!

{OoC: }
                  Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Second Year Classes