Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:03 pm
Gear Bush
I really really miss playing Pokemon on the GBC and GBA... know I had a DS lite at one point but don't know if I ever bought any Pokemon games on it... the newer ones certainly sound interesting o,o

I didn't own a single Pokemon game until the original ruby/sapphire games came out.
While I was back home I was trying to find the case with my old SP and GBA games, actually. (Couldn't find it, saaaad, but I did find my original DS and my copy of Morrowind and a really old Squaresoft demo disc with the FFVII demo on it.)
There were... Two generations, three iterations of games on the original DS system, if I remember right.
Pearl/Diamond/Platinum (I have platinum and one of the others, though I can't remember which) were one gen, Black/White and their sequels were the other (I own none of them because they're a bit hard to find and stupid expensive despite how old they are at this point).
I'm still exploring all the features of the newest games (obsessive compulsive tendencies mean I have an insane amount of play time with very little real progress), it's certainly way different from the old ones, but it's really fun, and I'm enjoying finding the new Alola-specific colorings of old pokemon.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:45 am
Me and my hubby got the Pokemon Sun and Moon on the day of launch and I'm playing the Sun version while my hubby plays the moon. cat_whee  

Neoma Anethara

Adorable Cat

6,350 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • Friendly 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:09 pm
thepoet101
Me and my hubby got the Pokemon Sun and Moon on the day of launch and I'm playing the Sun version while my hubby plays the moon. cat_whee

Ah, that sounds so much like me and my beau, 'cept we reversed who has which version.
He decided he wanted the lion, and I was rather fond of the bat.
I think my beau finally finished the elite four recently, meanwhile I'm still hanging out on route 3 trying to spawn a bagon.
CURSE YOU, SPEAROWS. *shakes fist*
I feel like I'll probably manage to spawn a shiny spearow before I ever spawn a bagon at this rate.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:10 pm
Gear Bush
I really really miss playing Pokemon on the GBC and GBA... know I had a DS lite at one point but don't know if I ever bought any Pokemon games on it... the newer ones certainly sound interesting o,o

The Nintendo eShop has Red, Blue and Yellow versions for 3DS. That is, in case you don't want to do a long time of hunting down the original hard copies for the original game systems. ^_^*  

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100

Neoma Anethara

Adorable Cat

6,350 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:40 am
Queen Spazzy
thepoet101

Ah, that sounds so much like me and my beau, 'cept we reversed who has which version.
He decided he wanted the lion, and I was rather fond of the bat.
I think my beau finally finished the elite four recently, meanwhile I'm still hanging out on route 3 trying to spawn a bagon.
CURSE YOU, SPEAROWS. *shakes fist*
I feel like I'll probably manage to spawn a shiny spearow before I ever spawn a bagon at this rate.

My hubby and I finished the elite four at the same time, now we're just trying to catch everything. I'm trying to learn how to be a breeder with outstanding 6 IV.
Though, I don't know if I am doing it right. cat_rofl

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:28 pm
Neoma Anethara
My hubby and I finished the elite four at the same time, now we're just trying to catch everything. I'm trying to learn how to be a breeder with outstanding 6 IV.
Though, I don't know if I am doing it right. cat_rofl

I never finish things at the same time as my beau, especially not pokemon games.
I level everything I catch obsessively and work on pokedex completion as I go.
I even have extra pokemon stored in my PC to trade to my beau for the stuff I can't get that he has in his game. >>;
I've had people tell me I'm one of the most annoying people to watch play a game because I'm so obsessive about grinding and completion. ^^;

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

SpriinkleStars

Dapper Kitten

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:06 pm
I'm playing Pokemon Blue over again. ;x  
Randomness is a Virtue!