Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:33 pm
ENTERING FOR PARTY: 123

Sample Party Banter:

"What is that?" Came the shrill whine of the wild dog, who gazed in stunned horror at the... She couldn't even begin to describe it.

With an eye roll, the leopard pushed what could have been mud or the liquified insides of some prey beast, towards her companion.
"His name," She answered, "is Uruzi."

The wild dog looked at the reddish-brown pile of goop on the ground before her. Then she looked back at her companion. Then back at the goop. Finally, she looked with wide eyes at the hyena who had brought this to her attention in the first place. The hyena shrugged and finally the canine looked back at the sludge and sniffed it.

It squirmed. Bile rising in the back of her throat, her gaze rose again to her feline companion.
"I mean no offenses, but... What in gods' name of creature is Uruzi?"

The leopardess snorted and unsheathed her claws, making the other two in her party stiffen, then she began to move the goop around until a limp noodle-like creature was withdrawn from it covered in slime.
"Don't ask me why he cares for the carnage." She replied holding up the snake. "I'm no serpentine expect, I'm just good with plants. I found him when I was rifling through the mud for some particular tubers and I decided to keep him." She put the snake back down on the sludge. The wild dog shuddered at the sound. "I can keep him, right?"

"Uhh...." Again, the wild dog glanced over her shoulder to her hyena companion, who was shaking her head back and forth furiously. "Sure. Just make sure not to get that mess anywhere near us, ok?" There was an audible groan, but the leopard, odd ball that she was, looked happy.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:42 pm
ENTERING FOR PARTY: ABC

Sample Party Banter:

When mothers tucked their cubs and pups in for the night, they warned them to behave, else bad things would get them. This particular hyena, wild dog, and leopardess were, however, those bad things. And they were damned proud of it.

"...fourteen of us in one litter and my father, that b*****d, can't even tell us apart, decides to pick me out of all us nine girls and has the gall to tell me that I'm to mate with this awful male. And I mean, awful. He's got to be half again my father's age, he smells like stale death, and his ruff is absolutely soaked in drool. And I'm to bear his pups!? Not for me, I tell you," the wild dog concluded her story with a theatrical shudder as her companions listened, eyes gleaming.

"Well?" the leopardess asked. "What did you do?"

"I merely observed that he didn't look...ah...healthy...enough to be a father at his age," the wild dog answered. Then her grin widened, showing teeth. "I may have nipped at his parts to prove my point. Then, when everyone was still in shock at my rebellion, I left." She tossed her bangs to show how utterly meaningless her kin were to her now before glancing back to see the approval of her companions.

"Clever, I suppose," the hyena mused. "But I would have gone with a more direct route. Just challenged him to a duel to the death."

The wild dog sighed loudly. "That may work for you, but you like to hit things. I'd rather barely touch them at all, be in and out like a breath of wind."

"I'd imagine once he felt your wind on his privates, he was rather less interested in a young mate, regardless of how attractive she may be," the leopardess observed with a small smile. "To make it more effective though, I'd've cursed him as well before leaving."

"A curse? I thought only gods could throw curses," the wild dog asked curiously. The leopardess seemed normal enough, but everyone knew that gods could roam the land in any guise they chose.

"It doesn't matter whether or not I have the power to make the curse work," the leopardess answered reasonably. "What matters is that they believe, and they fear me," she pointed out, her own teeth gleaming against her dark fur.

"I still say it's best when they're dead," the hyena declared. "But we can agree to disagree on the best solution."

"I'll stand with that," the leopardess said, nodding towards the grey-furred hyena.

"I guess that's fair," the wild dog admitted after some thought, as well as seeing both her friends side together. She didn't want to be the odd one out, though she was still pleased by her solution to the problem.

"So," the wild dog continued, "who's telling the next story?"  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:21 pm

Sample Party Banter:

"You're doing it wroooong!" The wild dog howled, her ears pressed back against her head.

Three days ago, it had seemed like a reasonable idea to teach their hyena companion how to sing the hymns that praised the fire that she and their leopard friend worshipped so plainly. The hyena was eager to help, even though she didn't have as a direct relationship with the sun as the other two did. The hyena herself had said that she wanted to learn the hymns to bring her closer to the other two, as well as learn more of the majesty of fire.

Their leopard had offered to teach the hyena first, for she had every hymn memorized and had seemingly endless patience. Seemingly, being the key word, because after two days of screech-singing, if it could even be called that, the coal-coated leopardess told her canine companion that it was her turn and that she was going hunting.

Now the leopard chewed on the leg of a gazelle from her perch high above in a tree, watching with amusement at the antics below.

"She is trying, you know." She would occasionally remark.

It was becoming readily apparent that trying wasn't good enough, thought the wild dog testily, even if she didn't voice it aloud. The hyena, too, was getting frustrated and by day three, the whole group was ready to give up on this whole thing.
"It's just pushing us further apart." The hyena moaned, draping a paw over her muzzle and shielding her eyes. "I don't want to do this anymore!"

The wild dog looked to the leopardess who was surveying the scene. After a moment of consideration, the leopardess came down from her perch and approached the two.
"Darling, start singing one of the hymns." She instructed the wild dog, who was confused, but readily started to belt out a verse.

"And you darling, I want you to dance to it. However you wish, just don't sing. Okay?" The leopard swayed back and forth from paw to paw to encourage movement in her partner and after a few befuddled moments of stillness, the hyena began to dance too... in perfect rhythm to the hymn.

"There now." The leopard declared with relief. "We all have our own ways of showing respect to the sun that are unique to us. We are singers," She said, nodding to the wild dog who had begun another verse, "But you my dear," She returned her gaze and smiled at the hyena, "Are the most dedicated and rhythmic dancer of us all." And with that realization, it really did bring them closer in the end.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:40 pm
ENTERING FOR PARTY: XYZ

Sample Party Banter:

"I'm never falling in love ever AGAIN!" Came the wail of the emerald leopard, who had her muzzle buried in her paws as her two companions looked on with sympathy.

"There now," The wild dog said, laying beside her. "I'm sure that's not true. This male was just..."

"A whore?" The hyena offered.

"A fool." The wild dog replied with a pointed look at her canine companion, before resting her muzzle on the back of her feline companion's shoulders. "And you don't want anything to do with foolish creatures. Do you, love?"

"I wanted something with HIM!" The leopardess sobbed and after realizing there was nothing more to be done, the two canines left her to her weeping.

They had known the leopard male was bad news when he sauntered up alongside them. The hyena had bared her teeth the moment he looked in her direction and the wild dog had politely asked him to tread elsewhere, but their green companion had paused and batted her eyelashes and given him more than the time of day. They had gone away together for a few nights and then last evening she had rushed into their camp with tears in her eyes and collapsed at their paws. Apparently, the leopard was into harems. Large ones.

"I wish we could help her." The wild dog said to the pale friend. "But what could we do to make her feel better?"

"We could bring her his entrails." The hyena replied with an eerie smile.

"Let's avoid getting so violent." The wild dog replied, but she to had began to smile. "But you know, I think I might have a better idea."

The following morning, the rumor was spread all over the savannah about how a certain swaggering ebony and gold leopard was very infertile thanks to the curse of one god or another and how that this curse would spread to anyone to touched him.

Once his harem got a load of this, they dispersed and he was left with a bad reputation and a few threats on his life. The party of three had moved on after this, with the leopardess greatly relieved that she avoided his charms.

"I was never very interested in him to begin with." She told her pale companions confidently. "And now I know I'm even more better off! Don't you think?"

The canines agreed and shared a knowing look between them before continuing on to their next adventure.  

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

ABVirus

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:15 pm

Sample Party Banter:

The three were notorious for being bad. They were the worst. The most miserable. They were... just really bad at being bad. They were... Team Rock!

At the moment, they had cornered a young adolescent and their golden hare familiar. They had been stalking this hare for ages, wanting nothing more than to sink their fangs into its soft fur and parade its pelt around.

Finally, today, they had made their entrance.
"Prepare for trouble!" Howled the wild dog as she awkwardly saumersaulted into the path of the youngster.

"And make it double!" Came the wild cry of the hyena coming in from the other side.

"Team Rock blasts in with a burst of fire!"
"Surrender now, or you'll expire!"
"Uh, guys, I don't know how to rhyme with those things..."

The two canines groaned in exasperation at the leopard that was behind them, waiting to leap in over their heads.
"There are lots of stuff to rhyme with!" Snapped the hyena.
"Yeah, like choir, dire, liar... There's literally a bunch of stuff!" Inputted the wild dog.

While they were arguing, the lion adol was taking a deep breath, taking a few steps back and then headbutted the hyena forward into the other two. Quite comically, they all seemed to group into a ball shape and as a trio they shouted mournfully.

"Team Rock is rolling away agaaaaain!"  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:22 pm
AKA The Team You'd Wisely Bet Against
they don't get very good rolls...

Sample Party Banter:

H: So you said you tried to seduce him, right?
WD: Right.
L: What happened.
WD: ...
H: Tell her. What happened??
WD: ... I punched him
L: H-
WD: I didn't mean! To!!! But!!! ...
H: Honestly, you're so hopeless-
WD: Ok but what about that time you thought those humans were baboons and nearly got us killed?
H: In my defense they were acting just like them and to me their screams sound the same, so-
L: They saw a hyena charging towards them what would they do besides scream??!
H: Hey she's just trying to deflect the fact that she punched that guy when she was trying to seduce.
WD: Well what about that time you tried to make it rain one time by burning those herbs-
L: And it worked!!
H: Ok maybe it did but we had smelled rain in the air that morning and-
L: But it hadn't fallen till I did that magic!
H: I'm just not so sure you're a Seer and the daughter of the goddess of ... what ever.
WD: Guys, guys... If we bicker like this, why do we stay together?
H: I get the best food and treasure I do by sticking with you.
L: I know you two are nitwits and reckless and selfish
WD: Of course, and I do it because it's something to do...
They all grinned, if one's smile was a bit begrudging. They had gone through so much together, no force of nature- or magic- could separate them.  

Puhterodactyl

Ghostly Friend

Puhterodactyl

Ghostly Friend

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:30 pm

Slogan/Song:
We are Messes Individually, but Together We'll Mess You Up - Don't Stop Believin'

Catchphrases/Individual Song:
Rogue: I'm not as think as you drunk I am - Livin on a Prayer
Warrior: I'm right and you're wrong and here's 91084 reasons why - Under Pressure
Wizard: I'm here to take names and kick asses - Eye of the Tiger  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:15 pm
Contest is closed! We weren't expecting so many long stories, results will be up sometime tomorrow! emotion_kirakira A few have already caught our eyes~  

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Kieko

Sparkly Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:07 pm
Super excited to find out the winners! Great entries, everyone! ^_^  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:29 pm
Good luck everyone! Had a lot of fun reading all the ideas everyone had! (and gave me MMO shenanigan flashbacks. xd )  

Wylde Roses

Unleashed Healer

23,525 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Overstocked 200

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:47 pm
exclaim Winners! exclaim

Sorry for the long delay, but we're finally ready to announce the winners!

123: mouselet (1, 2, 3)

mouselet

Sample Party Banter:

"Look what I found!" the wild dog exclaimed, returning from her scouting to drop a strange, spit-covered object in front of her companions. The hyena took a look at it and snorted.

"It's a weird rock. You find a hundred of them every day," she sighed. "What else did you see? No threats or dangers?"

"Well, maybe some cheetahs. But it's not a rock! Look at that shine!" the wild dog replied, licking her find to clean it off. For some reason, cleaning off saliva with more spit wasn't helping.

The leopardess shook her head mentally as she knelt down to take a better look at the item. It seemed to be hard as a rock, as there were no tooth marks on its surface, beneath the drool. But it wasn't a rock she knew. The leopardess pulled some leaves from a convenient bush and began scrubbing off the dog spit.

"See? She doesn't think it's just a rock!" the wild dog informed the hyena triumphantly, panting eagerly. The hyena merely sighed and cuffed her friend. The wild dog rolled with the blow before sitting up again. It happened numerous times every day, and she knew the hyena didn't really mean to hurt her. She only hurt those who wanted to hurt her friends first.

Under the leopardess' ministrations, the true shape and color of the not-a-rock revealed itself, and she studied the object critically.

"Well?" the wild dog demanded, turning her attention back to her prize.

"It is...a rock," the leopardess confirmed. The wild dog drooped and the hyena began laughing as was her nature. "But!" the leopardess continued, perking up the wild dog and stilling the laughter, "it is a rock from the ocean! The great saltwater. What it is doing here, so far inland, I cannot say."

"Did you hear that?" the wild dog asked of the hyena, despite the fact that they were right next to each other. "It's from the ocean! So far away!"

"And yet, it's still a rock," the hyena retorted, snickering. "So it's still useless!"

The leopardess watched her companions, sighing inwardly. It was an interesting rock, though still a rock. But neither the wild dog nor the hyena would be willing, or able, to move on from this spot until they'd both recovered. She settled down to take a nap: they could be at this for a while.

ABC: Tonberry Queen X (A, B, C)

Tonberry Queen X

Sample Party Banter:

Leopard: WHEEEEEE! Lookit all these colors! omg I just looooove the fall!

WD: o,O Honey, this is Africa...

Leopard: ...So? *JUMPS IN ANOTHER PILE OF LEAVES*

Hyena: Africa doesn't have fall....

*Suddenly the leaves and pretty colors poof*

Leopard: Oh yeah.... Wait, how did I even know about fall then?

All: *Stares at each other* ....OOC knowledge.

Leopard: the BANE of IC-existance! *dramatic flop*

WD: Forcing incompatible couples together since 2000.

Hyena: And ruining friendships better than Monopoly.

All: ....What's Monopoly?

XYZ: belloblossom (X, Y, Z)

belloblossom
ENTERING FOR PARTY: XYZ

Sample Party Banter:

"I'm never falling in love ever AGAIN!" Came the wail of the emerald leopard, who had her muzzle buried in her paws as her two companions looked on with sympathy.

"There now," The wild dog said, laying beside her. "I'm sure that's not true. This male was just..."

"A whore?" The hyena offered.

"A fool." The wild dog replied with a pointed look at her canine companion, before resting her muzzle on the back of her feline companion's shoulders. "And you don't want anything to do with foolish creatures. Do you, love?"

"I wanted something with HIM!" The leopardess sobbed and after realizing there was nothing more to be done, the two canines left her to her weeping.

They had known the leopard male was bad news when he sauntered up alongside them. The hyena had bared her teeth the moment he looked in her direction and the wild dog had politely asked him to tread elsewhere, but their green companion had paused and batted her eyelashes and given him more than the time of day. They had gone away together for a few nights and then last evening she had rushed into their camp with tears in her eyes and collapsed at their paws. Apparently, the leopard was into harems. Large ones.

"I wish we could help her." The wild dog said to the pale friend. "But what could we do to make her feel better?"

"We could bring her his entrails." The hyena replied with an eerie smile.

"Let's avoid getting so violent." The wild dog replied, but she to had began to smile. "But you know, I think I might have a better idea."

The following morning, the rumor was spread all over the savannah about how a certain swaggering ebony and gold leopard was very infertile thanks to the curse of one god or another and how that this curse would spread to anyone to touched him.

Once his harem got a load of this, they dispersed and he was left with a bad reputation and a few threats on his life. The party of three had moved on after this, with the leopardess greatly relieved that she avoided his charms.

"I was never very interested in him to begin with." She told her pale companions confidently. "And now I know I'm even more better off! Don't you think?"

The canines agreed and shared a knowing look between them before continuing on to their next adventure.

Runner-up: ABVirus - your entry was too damn good and was a close second in the ABC group.. so Saffy is working on a fourth trio, just for you!

ABVirus

Sample Party Banter:

The three were notorious for being bad. They were the worst. The most miserable. They were... just really bad at being bad. They were... Team Rock!

At the moment, they had cornered a young adolescent and their golden hare familiar. They had been stalking this hare for ages, wanting nothing more than to sink their fangs into its soft fur and parade its pelt around.

Finally, today, they had made their entrance.
"Prepare for trouble!" Howled the wild dog as she awkwardly saumersaulted into the path of the youngster.

"And make it double!" Came the wild cry of the hyena coming in from the other side.

"Team Rock blasts in with a burst of fire!"
"Surrender now, or you'll expire!"
"Uh, guys, I don't know how to rhyme with those things..."

The two canines groaned in exasperation at the leopard that was behind them, waiting to leap in over their heads.
"There are lots of stuff to rhyme with!" Snapped the hyena.
"Yeah, like choir, dire, liar... There's literally a bunch of stuff!" Inputted the wild dog.

While they were arguing, the lion adol was taking a deep breath, taking a few steps back and then headbutted the hyena forward into the other two. Quite comically, they all seemed to group into a ball shape and as a trio they shouted mournfully.

"Team Rock is rolling away agaaaaain!"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:54 pm
Omg, had totally forgot about this, but eeeee~

Mine:
User Image

Peppermint Coffee

Yours:
User Image

SSBrosB

AND YOU, RANDOM CITIZEN! YOURS;
User Image

OP-Yuna
Crew

Dulcet Scarface

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:10 pm
Tonberry Queen X

Oh!! Thank you so much!  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:39 pm
ABVirus

User Image
User Image
User Image

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:49 pm
I've given the yeenur to magna and the puppy to Greenie. =3 THANK YOU SO MUCH GUYS.  
[OOC] Official Events

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff