Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply First Year Classes
Defense Against the Dark Arts I ~ *Lesson 1/5* Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:30 pm
When everything turns to black,
You don't know where to go...
You need something to justify your soul.
Silence is broken, confidence is gone;
Everything you're holding onto falls.

User Image
FA N C H O N
M A R I E
C O H E N

Professor of DADA │ Muggleborn │ Haitian

Fanchon almost languished at her desk, looking vaguely irked as the students came in and took their seats. Finally, with a small sigh, she stood up, stretched a little, and wand in hand, began her pacing up and down the rows of desks and chairs, careful not to trip over anyone's bag. "You're all in luck, as today we'll be learning one of the most simple- and essential- spells known to wizards. Some of you may already be familiar with this, as it's not unusual to simply pick it up from older students as you go about your daily lives." She held her wand aloft, made sure they were all looking at it, and enunciated carefully, "LOO-mos," while moving it in a loop:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

And then a sharp wave-like motion, saying, "NOCK-ss,":

The bright light extinguished itself immediately. "That," said Fanchon, "Is the wand lighting and extinguishing charm. As you can see, it's obviously very useful when you are in a dark place, or going about at night. It was not, surprisingly, invented until the year 1772, by a witch named Levina Monkstanley, who worked for the Ministry of Magic, and first used it to find a fallen quill. However, credit was almost stolen from her by a German wizard named Garvin Lugner, who said he had invented the spell while developing his Instant Darkness Powder. He was lying, of course, and his powder was found to only dim a room slightly, rather than throw it into darkness."

She stowed her wand away. "Now, one of the positive side effects of the charm is that it also repels many spectral creatures, as well as any dark spirits, so it can be very useful to keep your wand lit when in a place where you may encounter anything of that nature. There's really nothing much to this- the wand movements are most important, as well as making sure your wand stays lit. It's no good if you can only keep the charm up for a few moments, so I want to see everyone's wand lit for at least five minutes. I'll set a timer."

OOC:
Username

All the people selling truths on every corner now-
They wait until the fear has knocked you down.
All the rules are changing now; you're living in sin...
Everything around you is caving in; all you're holding onto-
Is slipping like water through your hands.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:06 pm
User Image
I don't have time for dancin'
That's just gonna have to wait a while
Ain't got time for messin' around
And it's not my style...

Calliandra moved into the Defense room, looking for the little cat that often stayed near the professor. She pursed her lips when she didn't see him right away, and shook her head. He wasn't her cat, and she shouldn't bother with him as much. Still, she liked the little thing, just as she liked most creatures. She busied herself with some notes while she waited, making sure everything was organized and easy to read if she needed it. The notes were about the Summoning charm, which she wanted to learn - though it looked a little difficult for her to try now.

When Professor Cohen showed them the wand-lighting charm, Calliandra focused on the movement of her wand, not at all impressed by the torch effect. She had seen her mother use the spell often enough, and it was really nothing more impressive then the torch her father kept in his kitchen drawer. She did take a few notes on the spells creation and use against spirits, but then she was ready to try casting it.

Calliandra didn't bother practicing the incantation this time - she was confident in both the spells pronunciations. She did run through the wand motions quickly, since she had never used them before. Then She was ready. She glanced over at the professor's timer. Five minutes; she could do that. "Lumos." Her wand lit up, just as she had expected it to. Quickly, she said, "nox," just to make sure she knew both spells. Then she tested herself. She repeated the spell to light her wand, concentrating on keeping it lit.

It was hard to concentrate, but she discovered that she could let herself think about other things, so long as she kept and absent kind of attention on the spell, letting it sit in the back of her mind. It didn't need all that much tending, really, which was a relief. If she had to babysit it, a spell to light up her wand would be far less useful. But she could use it to light her notes and read over them. She glanced back at the timer. Five minutes and twenty-nine seconds had gone by. Quickly, she reversed the spell. She wasn't too worried about practicing the spell before exams or anything - it was such a useful little spell that she was sure she would have plenty of chances to practice it over the course of her days at school. Instead, of concentrating, she lit up her wand again, using the light to spell out the names of her mother's dogs.

And I'm almost there
I'm almost there
People down here think I'm crazy
But I don't care...

OOC: Say anything.
Company: First Years
Wearing: School robes
Thinking: I won't argue that this is a useful spell, but it is not very interesting. Still, I suppose I need to know it. And the history sounds like it might be worth learning more about!

Caedmon68

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:45 am
User ImageUser Image

《《《《 Gonna ride the world like a merry-go-round 》》》》
《《《《 Like a Ferris wheel that's breaking down 》》》》
《《《《 Drinking angel's piss, gonna crash and burn 》》》》
《《《《 I just want some action so gimme my turn 》》》》

Charlie came to class ready to go sitting next to the Slytherin girl that also tried helping Andy in thier own way.. He liked this spell it was like a flashlight but it required no battery. The motions seemed simple enough too. Prehaps today would be easier. He tried the spell and also got it first try. The turn off spell was easy. He relit it but relized quickly he have to keep focusing on it, atleast a bit, to keep it lit. Once he knew that the rest wasjust a matter of time. Literally.

《《《《Like a Chinese drama and conspiracy》》》》
《《《《It's the death of a nuclear family staring up at you》》》》
《《《《It's looking like another bad comedy》》》》
《《《《Just as long as it comes in high-fidelity for me too》》》》

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:01 pm
You fall through the trees,
And you pray with your knees on the ground.
For the things that you need...
With your lust and your greed weighing down.
And you weaken your love,
And you hold it above your head.
Success is a song of the heart, not a song of your bed!

User Image
D O N E L L A
O L W E N
B R O W N

hufflepuff │ first year │ halfblood

Donella hurried in late, much to her outrage, having been waylaid by a particularly obstinate staircase. They moved so slowly sometimes! It was ridiculous. The professor looked directly at her, but simply arched an eyebrow, saying nothing, and flushed, Donella silently took a seat beside Charlie, glancing surreptitiously around to see what they were doing. Oh, good, an easy spell. She'd watched her parents cast this millions of times. "Lumos," she murmured, watching her wand light up, and smiled contentedly, proud to have gotten it right immediately. It was very useful, too, especially when dealing with gardening.

OOC:
Username

And we all still die, yeah, we all still die-
What will you leave behind, oh, we all still die...
Marching away from the stream;
This tree, it will die without leaves.
This tree, it will die, this tree, it will die.
And we all still die, yeah, we all still die-
What will you leave behind, oh, we all still die...

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:18 pm
User Image
Gertrude Laura Adelwood
Adopted Muggleborn
First Year Hufflepuff

I go by Gertie...
Oh and I'm 11 years old...

Gertie didn’t have much of a problem with defense. Though, it was too soon to tell if she would be good at it or not. For now everything seemed to be going well for her. As she sat in class the Hufflepuff listened to what they were doing for the day. As it turned out they’d be learning the simplest spell a wizard could learn. Turning the lights on and off so to speak.

Writing down her notes, Gertie smiled as she took down the wand movements and pronunciation of each spell. She wanted to have all the information down before trying it. Finishing up her notes on the history of the spells and what they were useful for, she really wanted to try it. They were made to light their wands for at least five minutes. With a determined look Gertie grabbed her wand and took a breath. “Lumos!” She said with a loop of her wand. The tip lit rather brightly not to mention a tad scarlet red from her excitement. Though, she tried to relax a bit and put less into it along the light to dim down to the soft yellow of a candle. Gertie all the while smiled just as brightly at her accomplishment.

Wearing: Hufflepuff Uniform

With: Class...

OOC: ---

User Image

No one's doubting your brains or creativity
But it's your heart I'm interested in
Ravenclaw's nice, but I believe you'll flourish best in
Hufflepuff!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:14 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

╰ ⋮ WHERE. DADA tab ╰ ⋮ WITH. Students and Professor tab ╰ ⋮ WEARING. Classy Chic tab ╰ ⋮ FEELING. Blissful
    ╰ ⋮ HOUSE. Hufflepuff tab ╰ ⋮ YEAR. First tab ╰ ⋮ BLOOD. Pureblood

Defense Against the Dark Arts was next up on Ana'a agenda. She could feel herself boil with excitement. The young brunette was seeing this lesson to be her favorite out of them all. It was always challenging and engaging. The professor was also one of her favorites. She has said it before and she will say it again, she reminds her a lot of her grandmother in personality. It felt like home when she entered the classroom. Once she entered, she saw the rest of the students begin to file in as well for today's lesson. She muttered a quickly hello to the professor and listen closely at today's assignment.

The spells to be taught today are pretty simple in Ana's book. Lumos and Nox. She already had played around with this herself during restless hours. Waiting until the professor had given the ok and the challenge for today, she then readied her wand and began to practice the spell. "Lumos." She stated simply and gave a little shimmy of her wand. Like clockwork, a small amount of light began to beam from the tip. She urged it to grow and brighten and then dim. She was to keep this going to five minutes. A timer was set and ticking down the minutes, begging anyone to break the stream. She let her gaze flutter around the room, spying each of the other students performing well with this task. She spotted Gertie and felt the urge to go and chat while they kept their lights burning. Rising from her desk, she sauntered over to her friend. "Hey, Gerite!" She began, feeling a little lame to be starting the conversation so bluntly. "You look to have great control with this spell." She complimented the petite red head with a small grin as she twirled around her wand, light still shinning brightly.

ooc comments
    I miss Gertie :c lol

murruelecreuset

BunnyCheeks1114

OG OTP

2,325 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Fishing is Love 25
  • Lovingly Advice 25

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 9:54 am

User Image
FA N C H O N
M A R I E
C O H E N

Fanchon sat in her very comfortable chair, stroking Jacques, her cat, curled up in her lap, as though she were a Bond villain, and gave the room one final once over. She had enough tables and chairs to fit everyone, she'd made sure the room was spotless, in case anyone had any dust allergies, and she'd tried to make it.... if not quite welcoming, at least slightly less intimidating, although that was a bit difficult when the decor of the room literally included a giant skeleton of some magical beast suspended above the class. Ah well. They'd have to get used to Hogwarts's quirks at some point, and DADA was a notoriously challenging class, although not quite to the level of say, Transfiguration or Potions. However, it was extremely important, and if she had her way, she'd make it mandatory for all seven years. Alas, she could not have her way, so she only had five years to drill as much knowledge as possible through their hairy little heads. If she could make sure all of them could cast a proper shield charm, patronus, disarm someone, and defeat a boggart, she'd be happy. It would raise their life expectancy significantly. As the first years filtered into the room, she observed them stoically, not rising from her seat (and disturbing Jacques' nap) until everyone had taken their seats and were (mostly) quiet. "Bonjou. Good morning," she translated calmly, confident that her accent, while strong, was not an excuse for them to not listen. "I am Fanchon Cohen, and I am responsible for ensuring that all of you can recognize dark magic, and properly defend yourselves against it. My rules are written on the board. Follow them, don't follow them, it's your choice. This class is largely about choices. I'm here to demonstrate to you how to make good ones. Can anyone," she scanned the room, "Tell me what the Dark Arts are? In some magical schools, they comprise their own, separate subject, but here at Hogwarts we take a more... benevolent approach."

OOC:
Username

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 11:30 am
User Image
                                                Would you do anything for me? Buy a big diamond ring for me?
                                                Would you get down on your knees for me? Pop that pretty question right now, baby.

🌼 𝑅𝒶𝒸𝒽𝑒𝓁𝑒 𝒦𝒶𝓇𝒾𝓃𝒶 𝐹𝒾𝑜𝓇𝒶𝓋𝒶𝓃𝓉𝒾 🌼
                                                Hufflepuff / First Year / Halfblood

Beauty queen on a silver screen. Living life like I'm in a dream.
                                                I know I've got a big ego. I really don't know why it's such a big deal, though.

╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌

Rachele entered the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom, her textbook held tightly in her right arm. It was an hour before noon, and she was already hungry for lunch. Her workload for Wednesdays was very small, noting that this was her only class for the entire day, but why did it have to be right before lunch? Taking a seat in the second row, the Hufflepuff's stomach gurgled, calling out to be fed. She made a face, deciding it was best to try to ignore it for now, since there wasn't an open snack bar in the classroom. Shortly after sitting down, the class began, the professor introducing herself to them. She had an interesting accent, one Rachel hadn't heard before, she was certain. Professor Cohen seemed like she would be a tough teacher, but a fair one, she hoped. Firm, but not necessarily strict. At least, that was what Rachel was getting from her first impression of the woman. "Rachele Fioravanti of Hufflepuff house, ma'am. If I understand it correctly, the Dark Arts are any type of magic that is mainly used to cause harm, whether it be physical harm or even mental in the sense of control." Rachel felt as if that was a very basic answer, but they were only eleven, so everything would start out basic, she assumed, and work towards the more complex subject matters.

╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌

'Cause I'm a primadonna girl, yeah. All I ever wanted was the world.
                                                I can't help that I need it all. The primadonna life, the rise and fall.
                                                You say that I'm kinda difficult, but it's always someone else's fault.
                                                Got you wrapped around my finger, babe. You can count on me to misbehave.

🌼 xx 🌼 xx 🌼

OOC: . . .

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 3:19 pm
User Image
Rhett Fang Ye
<1st year>

Rhett could have slept in that day but instead had gotten up bright and early with the sun and after breakfast had explored a bit of the castle finding his way to the library and down to the gardens just in time to have to turn back and head to Defense Against the Dark Arts which he luckily came to with enough time to spare not to be considered even a minute late. And his parents and sister worried about him. Four for four classes on time, not too shabby. He took a seat near the front in this class looking up at the giant skeleton of the creature that hung above him. It was at least preferable to looking at the poor pickled creatures in Potions. There it just seemed like morbid displays, the skeleton struck him as a more academic look. Maybe he just liked the looks of this professor better and the fact she seemed to have a bond with a living creature, the cat in her lap that moved when she stood.

As she began, Rhett grinned at how she presented the rules. All about choices, just what he liked to hear. Reading the rules on the board he realized they were pretty straight forward with clear consequences of not following them. He liked that Professor Cohen didn't seem strict or rule driven, just practical and professional. And he supposed foreign with her accent which he couldn't place and it reminded him of how little of the world he had seen in his eleven years of life.

The Hufflepuff Rachele went first like she seemed to have a habit of doing so, not that Rhett cared, and he felt she did a better job of answering than he could have. Dark arts were all about hurting people right? That was basically what Rachele said. He smiled at Rachele and nodded in agreement with her but did not offer anything extra to the class as he was not enough of a scholar to really do so even if he wanted to.

Time: 2036-2037
                  Looking: Ready for Adventure

Hello, then, Rhett
                  Hm, adventurous and reckless,
                  And you like pranks and can't sit still
                  Yes, I know just where to place you

Gryffindor!

{OoC: }
                  Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 7:54 pm
User Image
Faina Patrovna-Harcroft
SlytherinFirst YearEleven Years OldSingle

Faina arrived for her Dark Arts class just in time to not be late for it, having spent time exploring the castle, and learning alternate routes through the dungeons back to her Common Room. During her expedition she'd made an important discovery: the kitchens. She smiled when she saw Rachele and Rhett already there, and she settled in a seat near the front of the classroom. She'd already started reading ahead in her text for the class, and she also had a few of her mother's old Durmstrang books in her trunk for additional reference.

When the professor spoke, Faina noted she had a French accent, though not the same as her old French teacher did, and figured her French was likely not Parisian either. "Bonjour, Madam Professeur," said Faina, whom wouldn't have cared if the teacher conducted the whole lesson in French. "I am Faina Patrovna-Harcroft. The Dark Arts are a class of Charms, Hexes, Jinxes and Curses which are designed to cause harm, control, or even the death of the subject. It also refers to the spells intended to counter those spells as well."

OOC:
Username

User Image
                  "You're lost little girl, you're lost little girl
                  You're lost, tell me who are you?"

"I think that you know what to do
                  Impossible? Yes, but it's true
                  I think that you know what to do, yeah
                  I'm sure that you know what to do "

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

oyehh

Feral Fairy

24,500 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Vintage 200
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Candy Fiend 150
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 10:14 pm
User Image

E L I Z A B E T HxxxW H Y T E

FIRSTxYEAR xxxxxxHUFFLEPUFFxxxxxxMUGGLEBORN

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Lizzy entered into the class, not really late, but not early either as there weren't as many empty seats as she'd have liked. Resigned to sharing a seat, she sat next to one of her classmates, Faina, and pulled out her books to wait, staring around at the room as she did. At least the classrooms look more interesting here, Lizzy thought, eyeing the large skeleton that was hanging from the ceiling.

The professor started the class when most of the students filtered in and Lizzy snapped out of her daydreaming to listen. Lizzy avoided looking at her directly, she stared at her desk instead, and when she asked the entire class a question, Lizzy tried to make herself look smaller to avoid being picked on. The professor didn't seem bad, maybe a little stern, but Lizzy couldn't bring herself to participate.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

c u r r e n t l yxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                            ┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
                                                            a txxDADA classrommxxxxxw i t hxxthe professor, her classmates
                                                            f e e l i n gxxnervousxxxxxw e a r i n gxxher uniform

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

o o c
                                                        ━━━━
                                                        - - - - - - - - -

username

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 3:55 pm
First things first
I'ma say all the words inside my head
I'm fired up and tired of the way that things have been, oh ooh
The way that things have been, oh ooh
User Image
User Image

Hαℓƒвℓσσ∂ Ɠяуƒƒιη∂σя Ƒιяѕт Ƴєαя Ƒємιηιѕт

╰☆╮Gi walked into classroom thankfully a few more minutes before the door was shut thankful she found the classroom in the maze of a school. She looked around the room spotting another Gryffindor (how had he managed to get here so quickly?! She was definitely going to ask his secret)and her friend Lizzy. She took the seat next to her friend with a small smile hoping she wouldn't mind though from how she was staring at the skeleton on the ceiling-wait therewasaskeletonintheroom!? Part of her wanted to scoot away and closer at the same time in morbid fascination. Thankfully the professor chose that moment to start class so she was reeled away from the floating skeleton to pay attention. She was a little intimidated by the question she asked along with their introduction, not everyone read the textbook yet.She sure hadn't! But she lifted her hand anyway since, what exactly was the point of coming to class unless to learn? "I'm Gi-Seung Cho, Gryffindor, and I was wondering what exactly classify's something as um, dark? Ok so, I know that it's supposed to cause harm and everything but um, what about feelings? Or, what's the word...intend-intent!" she exclaimed before blushing at how loud that had been.

The Forgotten Weasley

Second thing
Second, don't you tell me what you think that I can be
I'm the one at the sail, I'm the master of my sea, oh ooh
The master of my sea, oh ooh

User Image  

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 1:41 pm
This is a fight to the death, our holy war;
A new romance, a trojan whore!
We will, we will, we will rise again-
This is a fight for the day,
Night, black and white...
A victory dance, a burning riot.

User Image
M A D O C
R H Y D D E R C H
W A R L O W

gryffindor │ first year │ halfblood

DADA had been one of the few classes Mad was looking forward to, and he was not disappointed. The professor wasn't forcing them to stand up and list all their likes and dislikes as if they were on a muggle game show, they didn't have to all pretend to be shocked by each other's houses... As if the crests weren't on everyone's robes. He was silent and watchful, and fairly content, until one of his housemate's asked something stupid. Mad didn't pretend to be Mr. Brainiac himself, but he could at listen and observe. "You just answered your own question," he spoke up suddenly, and flatly. "If it's dark magic, the intent's to hurt. They both said as much," he jerked his head at the Russian albino and the Italian girl. "What else would it be? The intent to have a laugh?" he muttered. The silent professor simply tilted her head slightly, a warning look in her eyes that clearly said 'mind your tone', and the Gryffindor boy glowered for a few moments before going back to brooding quietly, scratching at his desk with his quill.

OOC:
Yukina101

I am the best, she claimed and more;
A battle scarred conquistador!
We will, we will, we will rise again-
This is a fight for love, lust, hate, desire...
We are the children of the great empire.
Hey, hey, say a prayer.

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 10:01 am

User Image
FA N C H O N
M A R I E
C O H E N

Fanchon almost languished at her desk, looking vaguely irked as the students came in and took their seats. Finally, with a small sigh, she stood up, stretched a little, and wand in hand, began her pacing up and down the rows of desks and chairs, careful not to trip over anyone's bag. "You're all in luck, as today we'll be learning one of the most simple- and essential- spells known to wizards. Some of you may already be familiar with this, as it's not unusual to simply pick it up from older students as you go about your daily lives." She held her wand aloft, made sure they were all looking at it, and enunciated carefully, "LOO-mos," while moving it in a loop:

And then a sharp wave-like motion, saying, "NOCK-ss,":

The bright light extinguished itself immediately. "That," said Fanchon, "Is the wand lighting and extinguishing charm. As you can see, it's obviously very useful when you are in a dark place, or going about at night. It was not, surprisingly, invented until the year 1772, by a witch named Levina Monkstanley, who worked for the Ministry of Magic, and first used it to find a fallen quill. However, credit was almost stolen from her a German wizard name Garvin Lugner, who said he had invented the spell while developing his Instant Darkness Powder. He was lying, of course, and his powder was found to only dim a room slightly, rather than throw it into darkness."

She stowed her wand away. "Now, one of the positive side effects of the charm is that it also repels many spectral creatures, as well as any dark spirits, so it can be very useful to keep your wand lit when in a place where you may encounter anything of that nature. There's really nothing much to this- the wand movements are most important, as well as making sure your wand stays lit. It's no good if you can only keep the charm up for a few moments, so I want to see everyone's wand lit for at least five minutes. I'll set a timer."

OOC:
Username

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 10:56 am
User Image
Faina Patrovna-Harcroft
SlytherinFirst YearEleven Years OldSingle

By this point, Faina was much more comfortable navigating her way through the halls and tunnels of the school, so today she was able to get to Madam Cohen's classroom without much difficulty. She even had time to have her notebook open and her antique fountain pen loaded and ready for when the Professeur started her lecture. As it was, she was, indeed, quite right, as Faina observed other students use this spell when they were making their way through the dungeons, and she'd tried copying what they did.

The First Year intoned the incantation, "Lumos!" a she deftly made a loop with the tip of her wand. A pool of silvery radiance erupted from the tip of her wand, and Faina allowed herself a slight, satisfied smile as she held it for the Madam Cohen to examine her handiwork. She kept her wand lit until the five minutes expired before speaking aloud, "Nox!", causing her light to be extinguished.

OOC:
Username

User Image
                  "You're lost little girl, you're lost little girl
                  You're lost, tell me who are you?"

"I think that you know what to do
                  Impossible? Yes, but it's true
                  I think that you know what to do, yeah
                  I'm sure that you know what to do "

First Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items