Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply First Year Classes
Flying ~ Lesson 1/3 (Open 11/22) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 3:59 pm
User ImageUser Image
Tsubaki Natsumi Yuko
First Year Slytherin
Pureblood Parselmouth

Location : Flying - Thursday @ 9:00am

Tsubaki was late… then again she didn’t exactly care about flying. She’d just learn how to apparate. Course her sister had caught her as she got out of history and made her get to class. Stupid prefect job… Heading to the pitch she had already bet herself up for not just staying hidden in the Slytherin common room. She’d remember that for next time.

Arriving at the pitch it was clear class had started. Tsubaki rolled her eyes slight at the sight before walking over to who was clearly the professor of the class. “Sorry I’m late professor.” She said glancing up at him. “I’ll let it go since it’s the first week. Please don’t let it happen again.” Professor Price told her. “Now what’s your name and house?” He asked her. “Tsubaki Yuko, Slytherin.” The first year answered as she was handed a broom. “We’re working on getting the up command. Put your right hand above the broom and try getting it to come to you. I’m sure you can manage that.” He told her. “Yes professor.” She answered before heading among her fellow classmates.

Tsubaki was lucky the flying professor never took points off for a first offense. Very luck…

Placing her broom on the ground, Tsubaki eyed the broom. “Up.” She said not having the biggest luck as it just moved around a little. “Up!” She said slightly more annoyed then when she arrived to class. The broom went flying up and nearly hit her. ‘I hate this class…’ She thought to herself. Even the brooms were trying to kill her… Why couldn’t she be more like Faina next to her…?

With: Class... Faina

Wearing: Slytherin Uniform

OOC: ---

Quick, eh? Easy enough
                                                  You're right, you certainly belong in
                                                  Slytherin!

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 8:21 pm
User Image

ᵂⁱˢʰ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ʸᵒᵘ ᶜᵒᵘˡᵈ ᵇᵘⁱˡᵈ ᵃ ᵗⁱᵐᵉ ᵐᵃᶜʰⁱⁿᵉ
                                    ˢᵒ ʸᵒᵘ ᶜᵒᵘˡᵈ ˢᵉᵉ
                                    ᵀʰᵉ ᵗʰⁱⁿᵍˢ ⁿᵒ ᵒⁿᵉ ᶜᵃⁿ ˢᵉᵉ
                                    ᶠᵉᵉˡˢ ˡⁱᵏᵉ ʸᵒᵘ'ʳᵉ ˢᵗᵃⁿᵈⁱⁿᵍ ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ᵉᵈᵍᵉ
                                    ᴸᵒᵒᵏⁱⁿᵍ ᵃᵗ ᵗʰᵉ ˢᵗᵃʳˢ
                                    ᴬⁿᵈ ʷⁱˢʰⁱⁿᵍ ʸᵒᵘ ʷᵉʳᵉ ᵗʰᵉᵐ

Ferdie was about to mention that he wasn't sure if he did but his mom said he might as he gets older, whatever she meant by that, but the teacher moved on. they were going to be telling their brooms to jump to their hands. Ferdie was sticking by Rhett for this part. He had the school broom to the side and held his hand over it. "Up!" he asked the broom. It sorta listened and got about halfway before flopping back down. Ok, he needed to show the brooms who's boss! "UP!" he demanded of the broom. this time he was able to catch it in his hand. "Yay, I did it!" He said mostly to himself.

ᴵᵗ'ˢ ⁿᵒᵗ ᵒᵛᵉʳ 'ᵗⁱˡ ⁱᵗ'ˢ ᵃˡˡ ᵇᵉᵉⁿ ˢᵃⁱᵈ‬
                                                                      ‪ᴵᵗ'ˢ ⁿᵒᵗ ᵒᵛᵉʳ 'ᵗⁱˡ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᵈʸⁱⁿᵍ ᵇʳᵉᵃᵗʰ‬
                                                                      ‪ˢᵒ ʷʰᵃᵗ ᵈᵒ ʸᵒᵘ ʷᵃⁿᵗ ᵗʰᵉᵐ ᵗᵒ ˢᵃʸ ʷʰᵉⁿ ʸᵒᵘ'ʳᵉ ᵍᵒⁿᵉ?‬
                                                                      ‪ᵀʰᵃᵗ ʸᵒᵘ ᵍᵃᵛᵉ ᵘᵖ ᵒʳ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ʸᵒᵘ ᵏᵉᵖᵗ ᵍᵒⁱⁿᵍ ᵒⁿ?

mc2

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 1:56 am
User Image
Rhett Fang Ye
<1st year>

Rhett felt a little bad for silencing Ferdie but it did seem their conversation caught the attention of the professor though he seemed not to care. Well they weren't trying to be rude. Rhett made a mental note to apologize later and try to meet up with Ferdie some other time. He seemed really cool and they were sort-of cousins. Veelas and wood nymphs were related in a way.

Soon class was starting and Professor Price was instructing them in how to get the broom into their hands. Rhett smiled, this should be pretty easy. Setting the broom beside him he held his hand over the broom and said confidently, "Up." The broom immediately flew up into his hand almost buzzing with energy ready for the next step.

He looked to Ferdie who cheered for his achievement and Rhett smiled and said, "Good job." He wondered if Ferdie ever flew before but bit his tongue on the question as class had obviously started: he didn't want to be rude to the professor. Blatant rudeness made his skin crawl.

Time: 2036-2037
                  Looking: Ready for Adventure

Hello, then, Rhett
                  Hm, adventurous and reckless,
                  And you like pranks and can't sit still
                  Yes, I know just where to place you

Gryffindor!

{OoC: }
                  Kungfudemoness

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:46 am
Professor Landon Price
Muggleborn Former Hufflepuff
Professor of Flying (1st to 3rd Year)

User ImageUser Image
                                    Location: Class (on the pitch) - Tuesday @ 9:00am

Landon watched as his students worked on getting their brooms to them. Some were doing quite well with getting the broom to follow their basic command. However there were others that were struggling. “For those having difficulty, don’t get frustrated. It does take time for some. Flying isn’t easy for everyone. The important thing is you keep trying.” He told them. It was a little added encouragement for those who needed it. Landon always preferred keeping things on the positive side.

Giving them a few more seconds to get things in order, Landon continued on with the lesson. “Now once you have a hold of your broom, we’re going to mount it.” He told them. “I want you to grip the broom tight. We don’t want to slide off our brooms now do we?” He added with a smile.

With: First Years

Wearing: Professional

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:05 am
New Year 2038 - 2039

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:29 am
Professor Landon Price

User ImageUser Image

Landon walked onto the field for his first class of the year. He was looking forward to meeting all the first years. He wanted to leave them with a lasting impression and hopefully he'd have some enjoyable students that would want to continue into the advanced classes. As the first year students started to come onto the field Landon smiled. "Good morning everyone, I hope you’re enjoying Hogwarts so far. I'm Professor Price and I'll be your flying instructor for the year and for those who wish to continue on into the advanced flying classes." he told them brightly. "Before we get into introductions I'd like to inform you about some class rules. Don't worry they aren't that bad. All I ask of you is to come prepared and on time for class. Listen to instruction and no horsing around. If I say I want your feel to stay on the ground I expect you do is. The last thing I want is someone getting hurt and I'm sure you don't want that either." He said looking over the sea of students. "Lastly wands aren't needed so they can remain in your bags. Aside from that have fun and try your best. I assure you, that your hard work and effort will pay off." Landon added with a smile.

"Now, as I have each of you come over and grab a broom I’d like you to introduce yourselves. I'd like you to tell me your names, houses, and something interesting about yourself." Landon instructed.

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

true bboy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:07 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Maximillian Leonis,First year,Ravenclaw

Max arrived just a bit before class started and sat in the grass enjoying the sunlight, usually, Max was nervous when attending his first class but this one he figured would likely be his favorite. Max stood up as the teacher addressed the class he felt like this teacher was as excited to teach flying as any student would be to learn, probably more. Max walked up and grabbed a broom "Um I'm Maximillian Leonis and um I play guitar, a little." he said before disappearing back into the crowd.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:00 am
User Image

𝕂𝕟𝕠𝕨 𝕪𝕠𝕦'𝕝𝕝 𝕘𝕖𝕥 𝕤𝕥𝕣𝕠𝕟𝕘𝕖𝕣
𝕎𝕙𝕖𝕟 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕘𝕖𝕥 𝕠𝕝𝕕𝕖𝕣, 𝕠𝕙
𝕁𝕦𝕤𝕥 𝕕𝕠𝕟'𝕥 𝕤𝕙𝕣𝕦𝕘 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕤𝕙𝕠𝕦𝕝𝕕𝕖𝕣𝕤
𝕎𝕙𝕖𝕟 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕘𝕖𝕥 𝕠𝕝𝕕𝕖𝕣

Ugh, she was late and she hated it. She cme on to the feild half running making herself arrive at the same time as another student. The stoic boy from the boat. She quickly found a spot as they where fiving intros. "I'm Fiona and I'm in Gryffindor and I am really good on roller skates!" Fiona said introducing herself

𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕘𝕤 𝕒𝕣𝕖𝕟'𝕥 𝕖𝕒𝕤𝕪
𝕊𝕠 𝕛𝕦𝕤𝕥 𝕓𝕖𝕝𝕚𝕖𝕧𝕖 𝕞𝕖 𝕟𝕠𝕨
𝕀𝕗 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕕𝕠𝕟'𝕥 𝕜𝕖𝕖𝕡 𝕚𝕥 𝕔𝕠𝕠𝕝 𝕟𝕠𝕨
𝕐𝕠𝕦'𝕝𝕝 𝕟𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕞𝕒𝕜𝕖 𝕒 𝕤𝕠𝕦𝕟𝕕

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:09 am
User Image

𝐼'𝓂 𝓇𝓊𝓃𝓃𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓁𝒶𝓉𝑒 𝓉𝑜 𝓈𝑜𝓂𝑒𝓌𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒 𝓃𝑜𝓌 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝐼 𝒹𝑜𝓃'𝓉 𝓌𝒶𝓃𝓉 𝓉𝑜 𝒷𝑒
                      𝒲𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒻𝓊𝓉𝓊𝓇𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓅𝓇𝑜𝓂𝒾𝓈𝑒𝓈 𝒶𝒾𝓃'𝓉 𝓌𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝒾𝓉 𝓊𝓈𝑒𝒹 𝓉𝑜 𝒷𝑒
                      𝐼 𝓃𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇 𝓌𝒶𝓃𝓉𝑒𝒹 𝓉𝑜 𝒸𝑜𝓂𝓅𝓇𝑜𝓂𝒾𝓈𝑒 𝑜𝓇 𝒷𝒶𝓇𝑔𝒶𝒾𝓃 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽 𝓂𝓎 𝓈𝑜𝓊𝓁
                      𝐻𝑜𝓌 𝒹𝒾𝒹 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝑜𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝒹 𝓈𝒾𝒹𝑒 𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇 𝑔𝑒𝓉 𝓈𝑜 𝒹𝓊𝓁𝓁?

Jeremy was running a bit late and it annoyed him. He was still getting use to the scedule but that was no escuse for his tardiness. He arrived the same time as a Gryffindor girl who had ran. At least he wouldnt be out of breath. He really dodnt like intros especially ones that make you revel a 'fun fact, about yourself. But alas he had too. "I'm Jeremy Travers, I'm in Slytherin, and I like reading History books." He said. Hopefully that be enough.

𝐼 𝑔𝑜𝓉 𝒶 𝓈𝑒𝒶𝓉 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓂𝒾𝒹𝒹𝓁𝑒 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓇𝑜𝒶𝒹 𝐼'𝓂 𝑔𝑜𝓃𝓃𝒶 𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝓂𝓎 𝓉𝒾𝓂𝑒
                                    𝐼 𝓈𝒽𝑜𝓅 𝑜𝓃𝓁𝒾𝓃𝑒 𝓈𝑜 𝐼 𝒸𝒶𝓃 𝓋𝑜𝓉𝑒 𝒶𝓉 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓅𝑒𝑒𝒹 𝑜𝒻 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒
                                    𝐼'𝓂 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝒶 𝒹𝓇𝑜𝓃𝑒 𝓌𝒶𝓎 𝓊𝓅 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓀𝓎 𝐼'𝓂 𝒶 𝓈𝒽𝑜𝑜𝓉𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓈𝓉𝒶𝓇
                                    𝒯𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒'𝓈 𝒶 𝓈𝑜𝓁𝒹𝒾𝑒𝓇 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉'𝓈 𝒻𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝑜𝓊𝓉 𝒫.𝒮. 𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝒾𝓈 𝓌𝒶𝓇

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:35 pm

ARIANELL BLODWEN _________
    Slytherin First Year _____._____
    ════════════════════════
    ________

Arianell admired quidditch players, but she could never be one of them. It was already windy and cold, it would only get worse on a broom. Don't get her wrong, she wanted to fly. But she would much rather skip the “learning” part and just get straight to the being “bloody brilliant” part. That would be much easier. As the professor began his introduction, Arianell took the chance to test the water of the class around her. How many were nervous, like her? How many were terrified? And how many more wished they were already in the clouds? She assumed this lesson, like many future lessons, could say a lot about a person; if only she knew what to look for and what it all really meant. So far, it was all just words in her head. Words her mother and father had said, words that meant nothing more than the ideas she had in her pretty little head. She shuffled in line with the rest, carefully plucked the cleanest broom from the others before addressing the professor quite proudly, ”My name is Arianell Blodwen, of Slytherin house, and my birthday is coming up in a few days." That counted as something interesting about herself, didn't it? Probably not but that was close as she was willing to risk. Either you're boring, full of yourself, or weird; there's no other way to come out of an “introduce yourself” speech, she was sure of that.

∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷
    WHEN:: Thursday, 9:00-9:45am
    WHERE:: Flying Class
    WITH WHO:: First Years'

∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷

Essy ze Ninja
    Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
    • Dramatic Shipping 25
    • Treasure Hunter 100
    • Tipsy 100

murruelecreuset
    Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
    • Bunny Spotter 50
    • Waffles! 25
    • Team Jacob 100
    PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:19 pm
    Professor Landon Price

User ImageUser Image

Landon smiled and nodded at each of his students as they each grabbed a broom.Once everyone got there brooms, Landon got to addressing the class. “Nice to meet all of you.” He said to grab their attention back to him. “So to start the class off we’re going to work on the basic command to fly any broom, the up command. To do that, we’re going to start by laying each of your brooms on the ground.” He instructed doing so himself.

"Now standing next to your brooms, hold your right hand above the broom and say up. Make sure to say it clearly and with feeling behind it." Landon told them before saying it clearly like he meant it. "Up.” He said catching the broom as it came up to his hand. “You want to say it and mean it." Landon added knowing flying wasn’t for everyone and fear tended to make getting a broom to listen more difficult.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:21 pm
    Maximillian Leonis,First year,Ravenclaw

Max laid his broom on the ground. Max knew he wouldn't have any problem with this command which was a relief. Max held out his hand and said "Up." as if he were giving a command to a dog. The broom lifted itself into his hand, and he smiled grabbing hold of it. Max had been on a broom before, though only a few feet off the ground, and the first time he tried the up command he ended up smacking himself with the broom and was glad only his father was there to see it.  

true bboy

murruelecreuset
    Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
    • Bunny Spotter 50
    • Waffles! 25
    • Team Jacob 100
    PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:26 pm
    New Year 2039 - 2040

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:30 pm
    Professor Landon Price

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
                                      Location: Class (on the pitch) - Thursday @ 9:00am

Landon walked onto the field for his second class of the year. He was looking forward to meeting all the first years. He wanted to leave them with a lasting impression and hopefully he'd have some enjoyable students that would want to continue into the advanced classes. As the first year students started to come onto the field Landon smiled. "Good morning everyone, I hope you’re enjoying Hogwarts so far. I'm Professor Price and I'll be your flying instructor for the year and for those who wish to continue on into the advanced flying classes." he told them brightly. "Before we get into introductions I'd like to inform you about some class rules. Don't worry they aren't that bad. All I ask of you is to come prepared and on time for class. Listen to instruction and no horsing around. If I say I want your feel to stay on the ground I expect you do is. The last thing I want is someone getting hurt and I'm sure you don't want that either." He said looking over the sea of students. "Lastly wands aren't needed so they can remain in your bags. Aside from that have fun and try your best. I assure you, that your hard work and effort will pay off." Landon added with a smile.

"Now, as I have each of you come over and grab a broom I’d like you to introduce yourselves. I'd like you to tell me your names, houses, and something interesting about yourself." Landon instructed.

murruelecreuset
    Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
    • Bunny Spotter 50
    • Waffles! 25
    • Team Jacob 100

murruelecreuset
    Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
    • Bunny Spotter 50
    • Waffles! 25
    • Team Jacob 100
    PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:37 pm
    User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
    Enid Lambert née Brewster
    Half-Blood Slytherin First Year Adopted

Location : Flying Lessons - Thursday @ 9:00am

Truthfully Enid wasn’t sure about her flying lessons. Though she knew it was important to get her flying certificate, she didn’t care much for it. After all most used flying so they could play Quidditch and she didn’t have much of an interest in Quidditch. Either why she knew she’d better go to class do her best and then be done with it.

Walking onto the pitch Enid waited quietly for class to start. She gave Professor Price her attention when he spoke. She listened to what he had to say. The Slytherin was sure she’d do just fine with the way he made the class sound. ‘Try my best… I can do that much.’ She thought to herself before getting in line for a broom. When it was her turn she took a broom and quietly spoke. “Enid Lambert, Slytherin house. I like cats.” With that she found her spot on the field to wait for further instruction.

With : Class... Professor Price

Wearing : Slytherin Uniform

OOC : - - -

Hm... a sharp, analytical mind
                                                  Healthy skepticism and a penchant for telling tall tales?
                                                  You're a curious one, but what to do with you?
                                                  I think you'll do quite well in
                                                  Slytherin!

First Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
    Other Stuff
    Get GCash
    Offers
    Get Items
    More Items
    Where Everyone Hangs Out
    Other Community Areas
    Virtual Spaces