Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Clubs (Looking for Clubs!)
The Daily Dragon - School Newspaper - Open 2061-62 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:28 pm
I've got some issues that nobody can see
And all of these emotions are pouring out of me
I bring them to the light for you
It's only right
This is the soundtrack to my life (yeah, yeah)
The soundtrack to my life
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
17. | Muggleborn | Slytherin Seventh Year | Editor-in-Chief of
DailyDragon

Wren was actually surprised by the turnout last year for the newspaper imagining the place to be a ghost town for at least a few years before it got a good rapport again. But apparently there were more people interested in the news than he thought. Good to know he wasn't as weird as he believed. He made sure the classroom was unlocked then propped the door open and began getting everything ready. Thankfully he didn't have to change his applications any so all he did was replicate them and put them right by the door like last year. He uncovered the type writers and began testing each one to make sure they could write but had a bit of a problem with the second to last one jamming. Wren cursed under his breath as he transfigured a quill into a screwdriver and popped upon the machine to figure it out. [color =#DE1A1A]"Typi

I'm super paranoid, like a sixth sense
Since my father died, I ain't been right since
And I tried to piece the puzzle of the universe
Split an eighth of 'shrooms just so I could see the universe
I tried to think about myself as a sacrifice
Just to show the kids they ain't the only ones who up at night

User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:00 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
xx⇴ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Daily Dragon HQ
xxx⇴ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Colton, Sadie, Wren
xxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Applications!
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? I hope I get to write again

Connor was excited for the newspaper to begin again for the year. When he'd gotten word of its opening, he moved his schedule a bit in order to go. Sure enough, as soon as it started getting close enough in time, he grabbed his brailler and his typewriter in a modified camera bag and set off. Sadie bounced along beside him, the duo on their way to the club. Along the way, they met up with Colton, who was also on the way. "I hope this year I get a spot in photography. Quidditch and Clubs are decent, but I really want to snap pictures." "Depends on the turnout, I guess. I am fine as a writer again. I loved it." Upon arrival, Colton grabbed the papers for them both and filled them out. Once finished, he handed them over to Wren, a small smirk on his face.

Connor Overton Application
                                                                Name: Connor Overon
                                                                Year: Sixth
                                                                House: Ravenclaw
                                                                Any experience: My parents are nature and landscape journalists, and I have a couple years novel-writing experience, plus helping the local secondary school help their yearbook editing when home for the summers. One year writing for the Daily Dragon.
                                                                Why do you want to be a writer for the Daily Dragon?: I've got experience, I've been writing or helping my parents write news and journalism articles since I was young, and I'd like to pursue a career as a news writer upon graduation.
                                                                Do you agree to have your writing reviewed and checked by editors before being published?: Yes
                                                                This position has a deadline, do you understand and can you abide by the deadlines given?: Yes

Colton Overton Application
                                                                Name: Colton Overton
                                                                Year: Sixth
                                                                House: Gryffindor
                                                                Any experience: I often help my parents with nature photography, and therefore have an excellent grasp on cameras and all associated tips and tricks. I also feel like it is something I could do well to help my school and give me something fun and creative to help relieve stress from NEWTs and studying.
                                                                Why do you want to be a photographer for the Daily Dragon?: I've been taking photos most of my life, and love using it as a creative outlet. I'm also pretty good at getting candid shots, rather than things that are posed and fake. I also want to work side-by-side with the writers, helping capture perfect moments for their stories.
                                                                Do you have your own camera and means to develop pictures?: Yes to both
                                                                This position has a deadline, do you understand and can you abide by the deadlines given?: Yes

I'ᴍ sᴛᴀɴᴅɪɴɢ ᴏɴ ᴀ ʙʀɪᴅɢᴇ. I'ᴍ ᴡᴀɪᴛɪɴɢ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʀᴋ. I ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ'ᴅ ʙᴇ ʜᴇʀᴇ ʙʏ ɴᴏᴡ
Tʜᴇʀᴇ's ɴᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ ʙᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴀɪɴ, ɴᴏ ꜰᴏᴏᴛsᴛᴇᴘs ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɢʀᴏᴜɴᴅ, I'ᴍ ʟɪsᴛᴇɴɪɴɢ ʙᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ's ɴᴏ sᴏᴜɴᴅ
Isɴ'ᴛ ᴀɴʏᴏɴᴇ ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ꜰɪɴᴅ ᴍᴇ? Wᴏɴ'ᴛ sᴏᴍᴇʙᴏᴅʏ ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ᴍᴇ ʜᴏᴍᴇ?
Iᴛ's ᴀ ᴅᴀᴍɴ ᴄᴏʟᴅ ɴɪɢʜᴛ ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ꜰɪɢᴜʀᴇ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴛʜɪs ʟɪꜰᴇ. Wᴏɴ'ᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ᴍᴇ ʙʏ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴀɴᴅ?
Tᴀᴋᴇ ᴍᴇ sᴏᴍᴇᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ɴᴇᴡ? I ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴡʜᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʀᴇ, ʙᴜᴛ I'ᴍ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜ
Oʜ ᴡʜʏ ɪs ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ sᴏ ᴄᴏɴꜰᴜsɪɴɢ? Mᴀʏʙᴇ I'ᴍ ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴍʏ ᴍɪɴᴅ
Tᴀᴋᴇ ᴍᴇ ʙʏ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴀɴᴅ, ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ᴍᴇ sᴏᴍᴇᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ɴᴇᴡ
I ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴡʜᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʀᴇ, ʙᴜᴛ I'ᴍ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜ, I'ᴍ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

oyehh

Feral Fairy

24,500 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Vintage 200
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Candy Fiend 150
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:17 pm
User Image

P E T E RxxxW H Y T E

FIFTHxYEAR xxxxxxRAVENCLAWxxxxxxMUGGLEBORN

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Peter had enjoyed being part of the Daily Dragon's staff; despite the unsavoury characters he had to share the office with, the work was satisfying and he enjoyed the opportunity to write more, and not just in his journal. As soon as it was time to open again, Peter gathered his things and headed for the room that acted as the newspaper's office. It was still quite empty, the only occupants being the head and the dratted Overton twins. Ignoring the presences of the last two completely, Peter filled in his application before putting it back and moving away to lean against the wall, folding his hands and watching Argall work on a seemingly faulty typewriter.

Name: Peter Whyte
                                                        Year: Fifth year
                                                        Any experience: One year here and previously at my elementary school's magazine team.
                                                        Why do you want to be a writer for the Daily Dragon?: I was a writer last year and I obviously want to return. For more information, see my application last year.
                                                        Do you agree to have your writing reviewed and checked by editors before being published?: Yes
                                                        This position has a deadline, do you understand and can you abide by the deadlines given?: Clearly

c u r r e n t l yxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                            ┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
                                                            a txxDaily Dragon's officexxxxxw i t hxxother staff
                                                            f e e l i n gxxcalmxxxxxw e a r i n gxxcasual clothes

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

o o c
                                                        ━━━━
                                                        open for interaction?

username

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:29 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Fifth Year Prefect
Daily Dragon Assistant Editor - - -

Minako walked into the newspaper room. She was dressed professionally like she always was for the club. Grabbing her form, she went to work filling it out for the same position she had before. She liked being the managing editor for the paper. It made her feel important. Now that she was prefect she figured she might as well continue her second in command job. Not that, that was the reason she was continuing. “Hello Wren,” Minako greeted her editor-in-chief. “Type writer jammed.” She spoke not making it so much a question since she already knew the answer. She knew stating the obvious probably didn’t help matters. “Any luck with it?” The Ravenclaw asked him. Hopefully asking wouldn’t get her ear chewed off.

Managing Editor Application
                                                  Name: Minako Tanaka
                                                  Year: 5th Year
                                                  Any experience: One Year of experience from last year
                                                  Why do you want to be an editor for the Daily Dragon?: I was managing editor last year and I also wrote the advice column.
                                                  I've also been known to be a bit of a perfectionist and had good attention to detail last year.
                                                  Do you agree to having your own decisions checked upon by the Editor-in-Chief? Yes.
                                                  This position includes staying late and a neutral standing among the writers and correspondents, can you agree to these terms? Yes.

With : Members of the Newspaper

Attire : Jeans & Blouse

OOC : - - -

Yukina101

A creative thinker with plenty of opinions,
                                                  One who seeks perfection in all you do.
                                                  I know just what to do with you...
                                                  Ravenclaw!

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:50 pm
Fifth Year
Writer for the Daily Dragon - - -

Alana headed into the newspaper room knowing that Candace would show up soon enough. At least she said she would. Playing with the tassel on her necklace the fifth year Hufflepuff walked over to where the forms were for the club. She quick noticed Peter and walked right no passed knowing not to both her. However, she also saw Colton and Connor. Connor had been her writing partner last year. It had been fun she had to admit. “Hello Colton, Connor.” Alana greeted. “You think we’ll get partnered up again?” She asked Connor. The fifth year loved working with the older Ravenclaw. She really enjoyed it. Overall it had been great last year and with everything going on she could use it again this year.

Writer Application
                                                  Name: Alana Rivero
                                                  Year: 5th year
                                                  House: Hufflepuff
                                                  Any experience: Last year I wrote for the paper & I write in my spare time.
                                                  Why do you want to be a writer for the Daily Dragon?: I like writing and wrote for the paper last year.
                                                  Do you agree to have your writing reviewed and checked by editors before being published?: Yes.
                                                  This position has a deadline, do you understand and can you abide by the deadlines given?: Yes, I'm good with being on time.

With : Members of the Newspaper... Colton & Connor

Attire : Casual Outfit

Miss GryffindorK

Loyal and heartfelt, Yet also shy,
                                                  You'll blossom quite nicely in...
                                                  Hufflepuff!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:45 am
                                              xxxxxlYear 2038
                                              space(❦) ƇƖαяα A. Ɓαυтιѕтα
                                              spxxxxxxxxxce Fifth YearHufflepuff PrefectDaily Dragon Gossip Wrangler

spaceYou can be amazing, you can turn a phrase into a weapon or a drug
                                              spaceYou can be the outcast or be the backlash of somebody's lack of love
                                              spaceNothing's gonna hurt you the way that words do when they settle 'neath your skin
                                              spaceKept on the inside and no sunlight, sometimes a shadow wins

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Clara was sorting her hair in a seemingly messy bun when she entered the room, wearing her denim hoodie over her pink tank top paired with black jeans and violet floral sneakers. She greeted the Overton twins and Peter (albeit surly for the Ravenclaw) as she took a sip on her cocoa mug. Clara wished that she could be assigned as an advice columnist instead because as much as she was high respect for Minako- the Ravenclaw girl was a bit too... uptight. Uptight for Clara's standards, anyway. But whatever, Clara can suck it up a bit for being a Hogsmeade announcer, even if personally speaking she didn't find that job appealing. She was also enjoying being a writer with Darrell, even if usually it has been a bit quiet between them when they weren't doing their duties. Honestly, she find him a bit quirky, or at least that's what she figured...

Name: Clara Bautista
                                              Year: 5
                                              Any experience: Well, I do tend to fish for the going-ons in school all the time. I am a bookworm and I like giving people some advice. I aslo write short stories
                                              Why do you want to be an advice AND gossip writer for the Daily Dragon?: I like to keep people informed to the going-ons with good sources as well as to give some mates a hand. I know a thing or two about giving advices to people especially to my friends so it works.
                                              Do you agree to have your writing reviewed and checked by editors before being published?: Y
                                              This position has a deadline, do you understand and can you abide by the deadlines given?: Y

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
                                              spaceBut I wonder what would happen if you say what you wanna say.
                                              spaceAnd let the words fall out, honestly, I wanna see you be brave-
                                              spaceWith what you want to say and let the words fall out.
                                              spaceHonestly, I wanna see you be brave!

WITH [club] AT [Writing Quarters]
                                              ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
                                              SIGNATURE SONG 】-【 ATTIRE 】-【 PERSONAL FILES

OOC xxx
                                              ((open for interaction))

Diamond Wales

Quote:

Quote:

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:24 am
I'll take my hope where I can find it;
Seems I find it here in you.
Hang your curtain, get behind it-
I won't even ask for proof.
Go ahead and read my fortune...
Cast your dice, divine my fate.

𝒟𝐸𝐿𝒫𝐻𝐼𝒩𝐼𝒜
𝐿𝒰𝒞𝐸𝑅𝒩𝐸
𝑀𝐸𝒜𝒟𝒪𝒲𝒮

PUREBLOOD │ SECOND YEAR │ RAVENCLAW

Finny shuffled into the Daily Dragon meeting room somewhat hesitantly, unsure how to go about joining. However, there seemed to be applications laid out, so she plucked one up. She liked to write and read and draw, so this couldn't be too much different, right? Besides, she needed something to do in her free time besides read. The club was run by a hard-faced Slytherin seventh year named Wren who was trying to fix.... a typewriter? That was what it was, she was fairly certain. There were also the Overton twins, one of whom was in her house, Peter Whyte, who everyone hated because he was objectively awful and a bit dim, at that, Minako, who was one of the Ravenclaw prefects, her friend Alana, and a Hufflepuff prefect with purple hair, Clara. Finny wished she wasn't the youngest there, but what could you do? Everyone had to start somewhere.

Name: Delphinia Meadows
Year: Second
Any experience: I'm twelve? Child labor is illegal, so, not particularly, no, unless you count drawing on my own time.
Why do you want to be an artist for the Daily Dragon?: It seems that you need some. Can you afford to be picky? I enjoy drawing and I wanted to join a club where I'll be useful.
Please produce an example of your work Here, I'll draw some little people in the margins of this application. I didn't exactly bring a portfolio, no.
This position has a deadline, do you understand and can you abide by the deadlines given?: Of course.

OOC:
Username

Tell me that it's not too late for-
A little second hand faith.
A line upon my palm that I can't just erase...
'Cause I need to believe in a hierarchic grace.
I can do without a book I'll never read;
Second hand faith is all I need.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:29 pm
Current Writing Pairs:
(may be subject to change)

Darrell Cherri/Ferdinand Delacroix
Alana Rivero/Peter Whyte
Connor Overton/Clara Bautista

**These pairings are for selected articles to be written; if a writer has a separate writing section they do not have to coordinate with their writing partner**

Current Photographer Assignments:
(may be subject to change)

Colton Overton - Quidditch/Hogsmeade
Candance Mackenzie - Article Supplementation
Ji-Yeong Cho - Quidditch/Article Supplementation
Gi-Seung Cho - Clubs

Miss GryffindorK"[/quote]
[quote="Kungfudemoness

'Jade Galaksylph"

Diamond Wales

murruelecreuset

oyehh

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:29 pm
Sixth Year Prefect
Daily Dragon Editor - - -

It was her first year as editor in-chef and Minako was only slightly nervous. She was sure she could handle the job. She’d been the managing editor since the paper was re-established. Two years of being assistant editor to Wren and now two years running the show. She was certain she could run a tight ship. Even with that rather difficult type writer that caused more problems then it solved.

Unlocking the room, Minako got straight to work laying out the forms and getting the equipment ready. The Ravenclaw was certain that she’d get everything working before the rest of her team showed up. Speaking of team, Alana and Candace walked in. “Hey guys, glad to see you aren’t jumping ship.” She commented before leaving what she was doing and handing them both forms. “I’ll be with you guys shortly.” She replied before going back to her start of year check.

With : Alana & Candace

Attire : Looking like an Editor

A creative thinker with plenty of opinions,
                                                  One who seeks perfection in all you do.
                                                  I know just what to do with you...
                                                  Ravenclaw!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:17 pm
Loyal and heartfelt, Yet also shy,
You'll blossom quite nicely in...
Hufflepuff!

Orphan Sisters for Life
Sixth Years

With : Each other, Minako...

Alana and Candace walked into the newspaper room to Minako setting things up. She was currently working with the type writers. Candace marched over to the Ravenclaw with Alana following behind. “Hey Mina, you thought we’d abandon you?” Candace questioned her with a grin as she took the form. “We wouldn’t dream of it.” Alana replied taking the other. “Oh, I know.” She replied leaving them to fill out the forms.

“Why do we have to fill these out anyways?” Candace asked. “For my records.” Minako replied. “Fair enough.” She said handing it in. “Is that type writer still sticking?” Alana asked as she handed hers in as well. “Yes.” The editor answered fiddling with it a bit. “Let me look at it.” She told her. “Go right ahead.” Stepping out of the way to let Alana work on it. “So, either of you want to be my assistant?” She asked casually leaning up against one of the desks.

“No,” Candace said with a laugh. “Why not?” Minako asked acting somewhat offended. “Because, Candy is vice captain of the Quidditch team and I’m not editor material.” Alana answered before walking way from the type writer. “And, it’s semi fixed.” She added. “How’d you?” The Asian girl asked. “I worked with that one last year. You learn to work with it.” She said with a smile. “Maybe I’ll give it to you again this year.” Minako said jokingly.

“Thanks.”

“You’re welcome.”

Alana's Application - Writer
                                                  Name: Alana Rivero
                                                  Year: 6th year
                                                  Any experience: Two years of writing for the paper.
                                                  Why do you want to be a writer for the Daily Dragon?: I'm a writer Minako you know that.
                                                  Do you agree to have your writing reviewed and checked by editors before being published?: Yes.
                                                  This position has a deadline, do you understand and can you abide by the deadlines given?: Yes, I'm good with being on time.

Candace's Application - Photographer
                                                  Name: Candace Mackenzie
                                                  Year: 6th Year
                                                  Any experience: Photographer for the paper two years running.
                                                  Why do you want to be a photographer for the Daily Dragon?: I love photography. It's a hobby of mine, you know that.
                                                  Do you have your own camera and means to develop pictures?: Yes, we know it's probably not the best camera. It works though.
                                                  This position has a deadline, do you understand and can you abide by the deadlines given?: Yes, don't need to worry about that.

Alana ~ Status : Happy Theme ~ Attire
                                                  Candace ~ Status : Happy Theme ~ Attire

OOC: - - -

Loyal to not only others, but also yourself.
                                                  I know exactly what to do with you!
                                                  Hufflepuff!

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:12 pm
Hey, burn it up
Like you’re gonna set everything on fire
Hey, turn it up
Until the dawn is gone
It's ok to just live because we're still young

Hαℓƒвℓσσ∂ Ɠяуƒƒιη∂σя Ƭнιя∂ Ƴєαя Ƒємιηιѕт

╰☆╮Gi was excited when the notices for newspaper finally went up, so much so that she could barely concentrate and nearly forgot her socks and or shoes on two separate occasions. Finally though she made it to the club room in one piece (and with all her clothes) with a ready grin already on her face. She'd enjoyed taking club pictures last year, especially the exclusives from the drama club, those kids sure knew how to ham it up for the camera, but she also hoped to do other important stuff too. And it was kinda nice to not have a grumpy face greeting her at the door. "Hi Minako! I'm so ready for this year! I even got a new camera bag!" Mainly because she'd scratched her the lens on her camera last year from just keeping it in her backpack and she'd wheedled her eomma into getting her one on the promise to work it off via different chores and requests.

Name: Gi-Seung Cho
Year: Third
Any experience: I've been a photographer at the newspaper since my first year and have done work with Quidditch correspondents and clubs
Why do you want to be a photographer for the Daily Dragon?: I really love taking pictures and I especially love helping out by bringing visual aide to the newspaper
Do you have your own camera and means to develop pictures?: Yes!
This position has a deadline, do you understand and can you abide by the deadlines given?: Yes!

murruelecreuset

Who do you think you are to say otherwise
Stop comparing, I'm just human
Live however you want, it’s yours anyway
Stop trying, it’s okay to lose
Errbody say La la la la la (La la la la la)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:24 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

xx↝ Ɯнєяє Aм I? Daily Dragon Headquarters
xxx↝ Ɯнσ ιѕ Ɯιтн Mє? Connor
xxxx↝ Ɯнαт'ѕ Ɠσιηg Oη? Club Applications
xxxxx↝ Ɯнαт'ѕ ιη Mу Hєαɗ? It'll be sad not to be in the club next year

Colton tugged his brother along by the arm as he led the way to Newspaper club. It was time again for them to fill out the forms and start at the news again. He had his trusty camera slung around his neck, while Connor held his braille typewriter in his satchel. The older twin pushed open the door, a broad grin as he gently pushed the younger into the room. "Hey guys, sorry we're late. Miscommunicated our meet up!" He grinned broadly while the other looked meek. Colton stepped forward to grab their paperwork, then filled it out for the both of them.

Name: Colton Overton
                                                                Year: Seventh
                                                                Any experience: Two years in Newspaper, life long practice with parents, working knowledge of cameras and journalism.
                                                                Why do you want to be a photographer for the Daily Dragon?: I've got the skills with photography, work well with others, and love journalism
                                                                Do you have your own camera and means to develop pictures?: Yes to both
                                                                This position has a deadline, do you understand and can you abide by the deadlines given?: Absolutely

Name: Connor Overton
                                                                Year: Seventh
                                                                Any experience: Two years for the Daily Dragon, real experience writing in professional news outlets and magazines alongside professional journalists.
                                                                Why do you want to be a writer for the Daily Dragon?: Skilled writer, self-editing, and professional experience

Sᴏ ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴏɴ, ɢᴇᴛ ʜɪɢʜᴇʀ, ʟᴏᴏsᴇɴ ᴍʏ ʟɪᴘs
Fᴀɪᴛʜ ᴀɴᴅ ᴅᴇsɪʀᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ sᴡɪɴɢ ᴏꜰ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʜɪᴘs
Jᴜsᴛ ᴘᴜʟʟ ᴍᴇ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ʜᴀʀᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ᴅʀᴏᴡɴ ᴍᴇ ɪɴ ʟᴏᴠᴇ
Sᴏ ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴏɴ, ɢᴇᴛ ʜɪɢʜᴇʀ, ʟᴏᴏsᴇɴ ᴍʏ ʟɪᴘs
Fᴀɪᴛʜ ᴀɴᴅ ᴅᴇsɪʀᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ sᴡɪɴɢ ᴏꜰ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʜɪᴘs
Jᴜsᴛ ᴘᴜʟʟ ᴍᴇ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ʜᴀʀᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ᴅʀᴏᴡɴ ᴍᴇ, ᴅʀᴏᴡɴ ᴍᴇ ɪɴ ʟᴏᴠᴇ
Iᴛ's ᴀʟʟ ᴡʀᴏɴɢ, ɪᴛ's ᴀʟʟ ᴡʀᴏɴɢ, ɪᴛ's ᴀʟʟ ᴡʀᴏɴɢ, ɪᴛ's sᴏ ʀɪɢʜᴛ
Sᴏ ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴏɴ ɢᴇᴛ ʜɪɢʜᴇʀ, 'ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴡᴏʀᴋs, ʟᴏᴠᴇ
Eᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴡᴏʀᴋs ɪɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴀʀᴍs.

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:06 am
User Image

ᵂⁱˢʰ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ʸᵒᵘ ᶜᵒᵘˡᵈ ᵇᵘⁱˡᵈ ᵃ ᵗⁱᵐᵉ ᵐᵃᶜʰⁱⁿᵉ
                                                          ˢᵒ ʸᵒᵘ ᶜᵒᵘˡᵈ ˢᵉᵉ
                                                          ᵀʰᵉ ᵗʰⁱⁿᵍˢ ⁿᵒ ᵒⁿᵉ ᶜᵃⁿ ˢᵉᵉ
                                                          ᶠᵉᵉˡˢ ˡⁱᵏᵉ ʸᵒᵘ'ʳᵉ ˢᵗᵃⁿᵈⁱⁿᵍ ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ᵉᵈᵍᵉ
                                                          ᴸᵒᵒᵏⁱⁿᵍ ᵃᵗ ᵗʰᵉ ˢᵗᵃʳˢ
                                                          ᴬⁿᵈ ʷⁱˢʰⁱⁿᵍ ʸᵒᵘ ʷᵉʳᵉ ᵗʰᵉᵐ

Ferdie entered the newspaper club eager as ever. He was glad him and Rhett came up with a way to make all the attention he was attracting into a game. Otherwise this school year would have driven him crazy. He had at least one other student leaving him a heart shaped notes outside the common room or it appeared in his mail. He had felt it rude not to read it and some of the poetery and art on them weren't half bad. When he got to where the applications were he filled one out for writer and passed it in. He enjoied going to the games and weiting epicly about them. Perhaps he even do this after school! It was quite fun

Name: Ferdinand Delacroix
                                                          Year: 3
                                                          Clubs you're affiliated with or know of: I know about them all I'm not in any other the this club
                                                          Why do you want to be a writer for the Daily Dragon?: i love bringing the excitement i see in to writing so others can read and have the same enjoyment
                                                          Do you agree to have your writing reviewed and checked by editors before being published?: yes
                                                          This position has a deadline, do you understand and can you abide by the deadlines given?: yes

ᴵᵗ'ˢ ⁿᵒᵗ ᵒᵛᵉʳ 'ᵗⁱˡ ⁱᵗ'ˢ ᵃˡˡ ᵇᵉᵉⁿ ˢᵃⁱᵈ‬
                                                          ‪ᴵᵗ'ˢ ⁿᵒᵗ ᵒᵛᵉʳ 'ᵗⁱˡ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᵈʸⁱⁿᵍ ᵇʳᵉᵃᵗʰ‬
                                                          ‪ˢᵒ ʷʰᵃᵗ ᵈᵒ ʸᵒᵘ ʷᵃⁿᵗ ᵗʰᵉᵐ ᵗᵒ ˢᵃʸ ʷʰᵉⁿ ʸᵒᵘ'ʳᵉ ᵍᵒⁿᵉ?‬
                                                          ‪ᵀʰᵃᵗ ʸᵒᵘ ᵍᵃᵛᵉ ᵘᵖ ᵒʳ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ʸᵒᵘ ᵏᵉᵖᵗ ᵍᵒⁱⁿᵍ ᵒⁿ?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:41 pm
User Image

P E T E RxxxW H Y T E

SIXTHxYEAR xxxxxxRAVENCLAWxxxxxxMUGGLEBORN

As the day of the first meeting of the newspaper arrived, Peter feelings kept flip-flopping between relief and trepidation. On one hand, Argall finally left and Peter never had to see his sour face again, but on the other hand, Tanaka was his replacement and she and her group were barely more tolerable. He'd hope that wasn't going to be much more overbearing and smug now that she had another position of power, but Peter wasn't the optimistic sort. She better not expect him to try and suck up to him now, he might be trying to keep his thoughts about other people to himself but he had his limits.

Despite the people already present when he arrived, Peter didn't say a word as he filled in his form and went to lean against his corner of the wall to wait for the meeting to start. If he didn't have to speak with them yet then why should he?

Name: Peter Whyte
                                                        Year: Sixth year
                                                        Any experience: Two years here and in my old elementary's magazine team
                                                        Why do you want to be a writer for the Daily Dragon?: I've been a writer here for two years, why wouldn't I?
                                                        Do you agree to have your writing reviewed and checked by editors before being published?: Of course
                                                        This position has a deadline, do you understand and can you abide by the deadlines given?: Clearly

c u r r e n t l yxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                            ┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
                                                            a txxDaily Dragon's officexxxxxw i t hxxother staff members
                                                            f e e l i n gxxtrepidationxxxxxw e a r i n gxxcasual clothes

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

o o c
                                                        ━━━━
                                                        - - - - - - - - -

username

oyehh

Feral Fairy

24,500 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Vintage 200
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Candy Fiend 150

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:02 am
User Image

( HalfbloodSixth Year HufflepuffDaily Dragon Writer, Prefect ) xx

All нe ever wαɴтed wαѕ тo вro-dowɴ
                                                        Wнαт we ѕυppoѕed тo do wιтн αll нιѕ ғrιeɴdѕ αroυɴd, yeαн
                                                        Sмoĸιɴɢ weed, нe'd ɴever wαɴɴα leαve тнe нoυѕe
                                                        Goт αɴ eмpтy cυѕнιoɴ oɴ тнαт ѕoғα ɴow
                                                        Told нιм, "Good lυcĸ wιтн тнe ɴeхт oɴe."
                                                        Mαyвe ѕнe'll вe jυѕт αѕ ιммαтυre
                                                        Goттα тнαɴĸ нιм, нe'ѕ тнe reαѕoɴ тнαт I ĸɴow ɴow wнαт I'м looĸιɴɢ ғor

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Clara entered the newsroom, feeling content. She had been here for two years and she will be doing it again, but this time she would like to be a writer for real. Like, not just a Gossip Wrangler, but a writer for real. Oh, and she could afford to apply again for Advice Columnist, too. And as much as she didn't want to admit it, she was relieved that Wren graduated because he always tend to look annoyed by many things... Or everything. The entire world. Or the concept of existence. Either way it was nice that Minako gets to be the Editor-in-chief but then he was pretty much the only managing editor at that time. And one of the people to take things very seriously, which was a good thing. Clara cannot see herself being one, though: she's already a prefect and handling brats was pretty much of a headache.

Name: Clara A. Bautista
                                                        Year: Six
                                                        Any experience: Been writing in here for two years
                                                        Why do you want to be a writer for the Daily Dragon?: I was a columnist, I guess now is a good time to step on a new level now.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Gυyѕ мy αɢe doɴ'т ĸɴow нow тo тreαт мe
                                                        Doɴ'т ĸɴow нow тo pleαѕe мe; doɴ'т ĸɴow нow тo reαd мe
                                                        Gυyѕ мy αɢe doɴ'т ĸɴow нow тo тeαѕe мe
                                                        Doɴ'т ĸɴow нow тo leαve мe; doɴ'т ĸɴow нow тo ɴeed мe
                                                        Gυyѕ мy αɢe doɴ'т ĸɴow нow тo тoυcн мe, doɴ'т ĸɴow нow тo love мe ɢood

xxxoυт oғ cнαrαcтerxxx
                                                        ((ooc))

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
                                                        wнeɴ - SY 2039-40xx
                                                        wнere - News Roomxxxx
                                                        wιтн - people
                                                        xxxxxx

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Clubs (Looking for Clubs!)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash