Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [OOC] Official Events
N'ezi-ozu: The Keepers of the Dead (Winners p3) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Manda

Skilled Explorer

8,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:25 pm
Username: Manda
Please provide links to at least 2 RP samples: one, two
List which characters most interest you and why, in order of preference:
Naani -- I think it would be interesting to plot out how the siblings will go about rebuilding their family, with all the current challenges facing the pride as a whole. They are probably quite lonely at this point and a bit lost.

Nkwusi -- Pretty much even in preference along with his sister, for the same reasons

Ebere -- He already has a connection to the Uju family, which I'm very interested in helping to plot the return of! XD

Amara -- It would be interesting to play with a younger pride member, growing up in these difficult times. To try and figure out how to find a mate and make a family.

Urupuru -- Honestly I love his coloring ok lol. Also I can see him as a bit of a dreamer, head in the clouds type. Could be interesting to see if that possible clashes with what seems to be the more serious attitude of the pride.

Also I am interested in the mystery characters! o:

Do you understand and accept that characters won here may be injured or killed in the course of the opening meta? Yes  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:59 pm
Username: Pollack
Please provide links to at least 2 RP samples:
Briefing (Many, many lions)
Is There a Doctor in the House? (Peregrine, Malphas, Organa)
Fallen Ill (ORP with multiple characters of mine)
I See Dead People (Posedia and Mti`imara)

1. Ntunnanya
Ntunnanya name truly does suit her. She enjoys exploring the different wonders and beauties to this world so that she might take them onto the next life. She realizes that things are harsh but she's doing her best to keep her family's moral up. Personally I do love roleplaying a bubbly type who's just trying to do her best and Ntunnanya seems like the perfect candidate for that role!

2. Nkwusi
Quiet, strong, and stressed out of his mind Nkwusi is struggling to support not only his sister and him, but also grow in strength to protect his family, and his pride. Yes, he will die for them but more importantly he's going to live for them. I want to explore the family dynamic and how the siblings are going to react/handle their current situation. Will this prove to be the end of their family line? Or is it just a sign of great things to come?

3. Naani
Seeing her family and parents suffer horribly before passing due to the plague changed something within Naani. Before the selfish princess who had been doted upon her whole life wanted to do better. She wanted to be the person her parents knew she could be, but also help those in their situation. So she has decided to make it her goal to become a Di-anyi. The idea of this complete princess who suddenly has a huge reality check really excites me. As stated above I really want to explore this family's dynamic and see where it turns up! Also that side plot courtship is juicy~

4. Keoyi
For most of her life her name seemed to be laughable, a inside joke that most members of the family poked fun at. She was the complete opposite of cold! Logical, analytical, and a pillar of the community Keoyi took it upon herself to be the lioness with an open ear to anyone who needed it. She had a bad habit of taking it upon herself to urge courtships along or 'set up' meetings. When her mate died she was left heartbroken and struggling to fight off the intense depression his death had caused. Will she eventually get over her loss and be able to move on? What of her children, how do they feel on their mother's sudden change?

5. Mgbamizu
Mgbamizu was always a quiet boy. He had a firm belief in seeing all sides of any story before making a decision, and thus often ended up playing a devil's advocate if the conflict wasn't already resolved by the time he gathered all of the facts! As he got older he saw more of the affects the plague had on the pride, and with him coming into adulthood he found himself yearning for his father even more than normal. I really want to see how he comes into his own. Will he be able to step up and become a honorable man? Or will he lead a simple, disappointing life? Time will tell.

6. Kemmasi
He is following in his ancestors long footsteps by leading the pride in creating toxins for defense, or just poultices to help the sick/elderly. He is married to his work and sees little interest in seeking a wife to ensure the continuation of his family line. I really want to see him grow into possibly a more open person, someone who can see the joys of true friendships.

I am interested in the mystery characters as well!

Do you understand and accept that characters won here may be injured or killed in the course of the opening meta? Yes!

Pollack

Fashionable Mage

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:00 am
Username: Tanakako
Extra training... (Ragnvard, Tollak, Jaska)
Yeah, not impressed (Seqineq, Raskogr & Ragnvard)
Full Circle (Menthe x Rag)
Training (Kekäle, Svana, Asoiaf)
[SRP] Get out girl! (Svana vs Rayn)

List which characters most interest you and why, in order of preference: (I like all of the boys so much! There isn't much of a preference between them.)
I've given them ranks as I can't see any assigned. But I'm totally open to any ranks for them.

Gbaruo- If I am not mistaken, Gbaruo appears to be the last member of the Nganga family. Considering the family meaning is 'pride', the saying 'pride before a fall' seems apt. I'd love to explore this in his backstory and future plots. As his sister died in a hunting accident, maybe he had something to do with it? Inadvertently distracting her at the wrong moment which led to her death, or did they fight before she went out and she was distracted due to that? Either way, he blames himself and guilt over his part in her accident still haunts him, not helped by the fact that her mate died as a direct result of Aja's loss. Every day he is reminded of his crime by the presence of Nkwusi and Naani. Has he single-handedly been responsible for the near total loss of an entire family line? He thinks so.... (N'echebe so he can be get time alone away from family)

Obiike- Obiike is well aware of his linage, his grandfather was Onyeisi. He is a stalwart member of the Akaraaka family and fully believes that he is right where he should be. With no designs on changing his role he is a steadfast supporter of his cousins and the current Onyeisi. As a N'echebe he is brave and loyal, willing to put himself between his pride and any threat that may appear. He is very protective of his mate Akwa, and frequently brings her gifts from his patrols. (N'echebe)

Kemmasi- Kemmasi has a slight obsession with the plague that took both his parents. Something of an oddball, he is a curious and intelligent male. His interest in the plague itself stems from a desire to find a cure, so that next time it happens he will be able to prevent such total devastation among his pride. As a result of this drive to find a cure he experiments with various toxins and poisons, seeking to understand them and thus, to harness their powers for the pride. He will likely try and court Nkocha, due to her close relation to the original plague carrier. (Amusu if possible)

Urupuru- He remembers the suffering and loss that the plague brought and lives in fear of it ever returning. He is protective of his family and seeks to keep them happy and safe. He dotes on his wife, Nnunu and would do anything she asked of him. Her spirit is truly that of a bird, free and bright, and his only desire is to be the wind that keeps her aloft. Due to his protective nature and his cubhood experiences of the plague, he is suspicious of outsiders and highly reluctant to let any into the pride, though he accepts the necessity if his family is to survive long term. After all Nchekwube, Amara, and Ebere will need mates of their own one day. He is highly supportive of Ebere's courting of Naani. (Ezinulo as he can not bare to be too far from his family, contributes with his hunting skills.)

Ntunnanya- She is the total opposite of her mother. She looks at the world with perpetual optimism and hope. Believing that no matter how horrible it is today, tomorrow will be better. Though she has never met her father, she has created an image of him in her mind from stories her mother used to tell them. To her, he was the perfect lion, with a huge heart and wondrous stories who would play with them all day. Ntunnanya misses him deeply and hopes to grow up to be just like him. Whether or not her image of him is real matters little to the young female. No one can speak ill of her father within earshot of Nanya. (Di-anyi)

I am also interested in the mystery characters!

Do you understand and accept that characters won here may be injured or killed in the course of the opening meta? Yup!  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:40 pm
Username: Syrius Lionwing
Do you currently own or co-own any lined prides? If so, please list them. No
Do you currently own or co-own any unlined prides/packs? If so, please list them: No
If you own or co-own any prides/packs (or have in the past) and have run events, please link to them: Nope
Please provide links to at least 5 RP samples:
Heavy Heart, Heavy Mind
Haru in battle
On Stranger Tides
Snowy Eve
Thrall Daughter
One of the things not predetermined in the pride's info is what the Trials of the King actually entail. What are your ideas?:

Trial by fire. When the brush dries and the sky sparks with electricity it touched the ground and brings death and fire to all it touches. A refine with slides too sheer to climb is ritually prepared before the trial is to take place. A torch bearer fetches a branch of burning flame and sets the refine alight, days before dry brush is lain strategically throughout the ravine and to pass the test the potential kings must face its burning fury. The only escape route is the deep lagoon at the far end, but first you must escape the flame.

Race for water. A test of pure stamina. The candidates are lead deep in to the desert where they are left alone for five nights, with no food or water on the dawn of the sixth day they must traverse the desert and return to the pride with the sun on their backs.

What the eyes cannot see. Each candidate must choose a loved one who will be hidden away down secret paths (not in the catacombs obviously) the candidates are blindfolded and expected to find their loved ones without the use of their sight.

The sacred hunt. A hunt for a creature that can be deadly and certainly cannot be eaten. A hyena, a harbinger of death with it's eerie laughter is hunted, it's pelt must be returned and placed before the pride as a ritual offering to the god of death.

The final battle. As it says on the tin, after the other tests to prove they are worthy they must then face off to the death to prove who is fit to lead the pride. To die in this battle is to gain great honour but no one wants to die here.  

Syrius Lionwing

Pollack

Fashionable Mage

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:36 pm

Username: Pollack
Do you currently own or co-own any lined prides? If so, please list them. No.
Do you currently own or co-own any unlined prides/packs? If so, please list them: No.
If you own or co-own any prides/packs (or have in the past) and have run events, please link to them: Not applicable.
Ba'Ushufo -Various participants
Briefing - Various participants
Bubble Bubble Toil and Trouble -Poseida and Mti`imara
Fallen Ill -Various participants
Gone Fishin' -Organa, Peregrine, Euphyrates
Uh Oh Your Eggo is Preggo! -Organa and Peregrine.
What Happens When Derpy and Doom Collides -Yukio, Huo, Shui
Unexpected Visitor -Imani and Maji
I Can Show You the World -Yukio, Havase, Zima

One of the things not predetermined in the pride's info is what the Trials of the King actually entail. What are your ideas?:

As with most prides the trials are going to be a series of challenges that any heirs who are in contest to become king or not. Due to isolation of the pride, harsh landscape the pride lives in, and importance for a strong and intelligent king these trials are designed to tests is physical strength and endurance, his resourcefulness, devotion to the pride, intelligence, and tactical abilities.

Since the pride does not have a negative view on death I would expect there to be a chance for any heirs to die during these trials. It would most likely be regarded as Death deciding the individual didn't have the necessary skill set to lead the pride at this time.

The trials are as follows:

Amanxeba sabafileyo (Scars of the dead) Test of devotion, will, and health.
A true king should be able to withstand the stress and pain that comes from leadership, this is symbolized to them through scarification. The heir(s) are taken to a sacred cavern by one respected Amoosu and Enyi. They will preform the ritual on the heir(s) and tend to them after as they heal.

The process lasts an entire day and night with traditional runes and protective wards being carved into the flesh. The heir(s) during this time will not be allowed to leave nor will other members of the pride be allowed to see them. They are expected to be alone with only their own will-force and drive to succeed to carry them through this painful ritual.

With the extreme importance of having a healthy and fit King and bloodline this also stands as a test for his health. Those with a weak immune system or aliment that might cause them to succumb to infection or blood loss is not someone who was in strong enough health to lead in the first place, thus, no great loss to the pride.

OOC requirments: None. This is entirely based on the player's choices.

uMoya emizileni (Spirit trails) Test of intelligence, resourcefulness, and strength.

After their scars have healed and the heir(s) have taken a week to recover from the previous trial they are sent out to follow the long honored spirit journey. This will be a journey they must take alone! They are tasked with traveling first deep into the inner crater of the Deriba Caldera to the large lake below. This is a treacherous journey that will take extreme planning, dexterity, and problem solving to make it safely down. The heir(s) are then to collect a large clay flask full of the waters as proof of completing the task before they make the long trek back up in crater.

The second part of their journey involves traveling far from the pride into the left over volcanic fields. They are tasked with both identifying and retrieving a chunk from one of the ancient lava flows. If they bring back the wrong type of rock than it will not be accepted, nor will they get another chance to try the trial again. It will be the end of their trials.

Both of these trips are done with little food, sleep, or water to invoke a stronger spirit. Why coming in second doesn't put you out of the running immediately if there are multiple heirs generally the contestant who finishes first is regarded as more favored.

OOC requirements: This trial will be in two parts, both of them will be RNG based. Contestants will have to roll within a number bracket in order to "finish" the trials successfully. That way there is no bias, and it makes things a lot more exciting!

IZwi abantu (Word of the people) The test of invoking loyalty, trust, and rallying the pride behind one leader. *This will only happen if there are more than one heirs left after the rest of the trials.

The entire will be gathered in a meeting at this point in time. Every heir will be given a chance to speak to the pride and state his case to them on why he is the better candidate. At the end of it the same Amoosu and Enyi will retire back to the cavern where the Amanxeba sabafileyo had taken place mere weeks ago. Each pride member young or old will be expected to select a carved piece of rock that symbolize each heir and cast their vote anonymously inside the cavern. The numbers will then be counted publicly to prevent any cheating or second questioning of the results. At which point the new Onyeisi is announced and a great celebration will take place after.

OOC requirements: Obviously this will be left up to the players and the lions of the pride to decide the outcome of this trial! It's important for a leader not only to be strong, but also to be respected and liked amongst the masses. That is why I choose this as the final trial.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:43 pm
Username: - mynsed -

Please provide links to at least 2 RP samples: Settling In
Until I have another SoA roleplay, here is a barton one Link

List which characters most interest you and why, in order of preference: I am interested in the mystery character.
Obiike - I would love to play with the idea that he survived the plague and witnessed his four siblings and both his parents get taken by it. I would imagine that he would still have sorrow for the loss of his loved ones, though he would put on a brave face and repeatedly remind himself that death comes to everyone and that it was fate for him to live and them to die.
Juu - For Juu, I would like to make her opposite of her name. Maybe she was named in hopes she would be a quiet child? But fate is spiteful and she became a rather loud one. Anything she asks, she always says in a rather loud voice. She has no whisper mode.
Keoyi - A widow and mother of two would be super fun to roleplay. I can’t imagine her remarrying easily but I could see her being a very doting mother. Almost too overprotective as well, if the plot allows.
Ebere - I really enjoy the idea of attempting to court Naani and the possible relationship him and Nkwusi would have.
Urupuru - Could make him a very family oriented father with his heads up in the clouds. Very wispy and dreamy.
Nkwusi - I would like to play him as overprotective of Naani and unsure of Ebere.
Naani - It could be cute on how she responds to Ebere’s attempts at courting her.

Do you understand and accept that characters won here may be injured or killed in the course of the opening meta? I completely understand.

- Mynsed -

Puhterodactyl

Ghostly Friend

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:24 am
Username: Puhterodactyl
Do you currently own or co-own any unlined prides/packs? If so, please list them: No
If you own or co-own any prides/packs (or have in the past) and have run events, please link to them: N/A
Please provide links to at least 5 RP samples: Sample 1 Sample 2 Sample 3 Sample 4 Sample 5 Sample 6
The Trials of the King–
The arrival of the next Trials of the King is always met with some sadness, some hope, some anticipation and great uncertainty. The potential Onyeisi must observe a day of silence for their predecessor before declaring their intentions. That first day is host to the most gossip of who will or may not wish to participate, however it’s considerably less interesting if there is only one lion eligible. Following the announcement of who will be competing in the Trials, the pride waits.

The Trials truly begin after the last Onyeisi has been prepared and his skull carved. Similarly, the potential Onyeisi are prepared by the Amoosu for the ritual. The heirs spend the night of the full moon praying and meditating at the Akaraaka shrine to the bones of the recently deceased Onyeisi. In the next ~two weeks (or however long it takes for the new moon), the heirs fast from sunrise to sunset and may eat very little during the night (they may drink normally this entire time) and they study all they can about the N’ezi-ozu’s history and traditions.

The night the moon does not rise, the heirs are led by the Amoosu into the catacombs, draped in the bones of the last Onyeisi to carry him to his final resting place (save for the skull). They are sealed in the catacombs until the next full moon when the tombs are reopened (~two weeks) and the winner is revealed.

To decide the winner within the catacombs, the contestants fight to the death and the winner must consume their defeated opponent(s)– as was the old way of treating the dead before the plague– the purpose behind their fasting. They must also prepare the bones of their fallen foe(s) as the Amoosu would (to the best of their ability, the Amoosu will take care of anything they missed) including carving the skull(s).

If there is only one heir, they are sealed in the catacombs the same length of time and after carrying the Onyeisi to his resting place, but his trial includes having a small amount of provisions sealed in with him. It is up to him to ration them appropriately and not starve while meditating and praying. If he dies, it is considered a sign that he would not have been an effective ruler and that the N’ezi-ozu were savaed some strife for avoiding the lion’s rule.

HOWEVER (depending on other pride owners):
Itiri and Owu may decide to not fight to the death, given the small numbers of the pride it would be better to preserve all the lives they can (and also they’re brothers for goodness’ sake! and also because no one eats anyone anymore). Instead, they may fight and resolve it within the catacombs and settle for the loser being blinded (as is the normal tradition for trespassing in the catacombs).

Whether this is accepted by the pride as the new tradition for the Trials or viewed as a schism remains to be seen. Will pride members find them both unfit for not following the old ways? Will there be upheaval to replace the decreasingly powerful Onyeisi with something like a council (or maybe a self-appointed king) or maybe just replace the Akaraaka family with a different one?!  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:58 am
Username: AstoriaFallen
one-Meta
twothree
Amara - Despite her name there is no grace to her. She's a little unsure and clumsy but has a big heart. Plus I love her colors.
Juu - There is something about her name and coloration that blends well together and I feel like she'll be a quiet type personality with loud thoughts.
Isiike - He will be very sure in his ways and still probably won't take a mate unless someone as stubborn as him catches his eye.
Naani - Despite the death of her parents she's going to rise above the grief and stay strong for not only herself but her brother as well.
Gbaru - I like his coloration to be honest. He's going to be grumpy.
Nkwusi - Will be protective of his younger sister. Wanting her to find happiness in their sadness.
Urupuru
Ebere
and any randoms you might have
Do you understand and accept that characters won here may be injured or killed in the course of the opening meta? I sure do!  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:39 am
Username: KasaiLoki
When it rains
Another day with my love
these dead eyes
Ghosts a'wanderin

List which characters most interest you and why, in order of preference: Definitely interested in the mystery characters!

x Naani - I'd love to develop her character out as she grows. Becoming recently orphaned, does that change her personality. Is she more quiet from what may have been a carefree self.

x. Nkwusi - Like Naani, the recently orphaned story-line is intriguing. I see him being super protective of Naani, as family needs to stick together in times of hardships

x. Mgbamizu - I'd like to explore his personality more, and to see if not knowing his father would have any lasting effects on his own love life.

x. Amara - Being born the only daughter of the litter, named for her grace, I'd see Amara quite the opposite.

x. Juu - True to her name, I see her being very quiet and observant. I could see her trying to help both her brothers reach their fullest potential during The Trials of the King.

Do you understand and accept that characters won here may be injured or killed in the course of the opening meta? yes!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:28 pm
Username: Kimaria
One
Two

- Juu - I'd love to explore the dynamic between her and her brothers, especially in the lead up and after the Trials of the King. Perhaps exploring the themes of being out of the limelight and the potential of being a 'strong female' who supports from the background whilst shunning any recognition.

- Akwa - the meaning of her name strikes me as one who feels very deeply and mourns openly. Lends a sympathetic ear and is always available to support others, emotionally, through hardship. Perhaps she is the strength for her mate to lean on?

- Isiike - I have a particular fondness for stubborn characters. Why did he not take a mate? Did he simply not find someone who drew his attention? Does he have too high expectations? Was he in love with someone who had no interest in him? Could maybe explore possibilities with other characters in the pride. Stubborn and foolish with it, he thinks he knows best and this is not always the case...

- Ntunnanya - Thankful for life, even if it has been difficult, she finds 'wonder' in everything. Endlessly curious and lives every day to it's fullest. Could perhaps have conflict with grieving mother.

- Loooove mysteries!

Do you understand and accept that characters won here may be injured or killed in the course of the opening meta? Yeeeees /evil cackle

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

Capricious Starlight

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:29 pm
Username: Capricious Starlight (aka Excited Apathy)
Journey to Blacksand - Part 2
Refuge
Young Rebels Into Action
Opportunity

Naani - I find the immense pressure associated with being the last biological member of a line intriguing, along with the grief of being recently orphaned--and as a female Naani will be required to join another family if she takes a mate. How does she feel about being one of the last of her line? Will she be receptive to Ebere or feel like he just can't understand? He doesn't know what it's like to lose family.

Nkwusi - The first part is the same--but as a male, Nkwusi will remain in the family regardless. In a way, it's up to him to keep the family going. How will he handle that? And how does he feel about Ebere trying to court his sister?

Ebere - I'd like to explore what is likely a difficult courtship. Naani is still grieving, and I'd imagine Ebere doesn't always know what to say--or maybe says the wrong thing sometimes! But I'd like to think he's trying his best.

Juu - It would be interesting to explore how she feels about her brothers contending for the position of Onyeisi. Does she worry for them both? Does she prefer one over the other?

Akwa - I'd like to play with the concept of a kind and sympathetic soul, trying to emotionally support her mate as she and her siblings try to support her mother. A healer at heart.

Ntunnanya - I imagine as she grew, a naturally cheerful cub started trying to use it to bring some light to her mother's life. She never knew her father, but wonders what he might think of her siblings now.

Amara - Maybe Ebere comes to his sister for advice about how to court Naani. I could see her trying to help, because she cares for her brothers.

Kemmasi - His relation to Nkocha is interesting here. His sister Siri died birthing her...would he resent her for that loss, on top of losing his parents to the plague that her forbears brought? Or would he see it all as Death's will, and occasionally defend her from those that felt her line deserved blame? OR...he could transition/have transitioned from the first position to the second at some point.

Gbauro - I could see some distant/awkward attempting to be some kind of father figure to Nkwusi and Naani. However, he mourns Aja too...

Mgbamizu - More somber than his sisters, frequently reflecting inward. Often wonders what his father might have said or thought about events.

I would be interested in a mystery character!

Do you understand and accept that characters won here may be injured or killed in the course of the opening meta? Yes, I do.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:46 am
Username: Puhterodactyl
Please provide links to at least 2 RP samples: Sample 1 Sample 2 Sample 3 Sample 4 Sample 5
Naani & Nkwusi - their dad’s name means ash and u know how i feel abt ash-lions Grief is a good motive and easy for me to RP with. >>; How motivated will they be to see their family grow? Or will it perish entirely when they get married or if they fail to have cubs??
Juu - Would be fun to have a character who could sort of whisper into the ears of the leaders. Or be frustrated if they never listen to her advice.
Kemmasi - Venom is a cool family >>;
Gbaruo - Pride is a fun deadly sin, does he live up to it or not?
Urupuru - Exploring a extant family unit would be neat
Isiike- Old grumpy guys are cool
Nchapu - Interesting to play a lion born during the plague- see if it had any lasting effects on his health and opinions :0

Interested in mystery characters!
Do you understand and accept that characters won here may be injured or killed in the course of the opening meta? Yes  

Puhterodactyl

Ghostly Friend

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:53 pm
Username: oo DeD
If you own or co-own any prides/packs (or have in the past) and have run events, please link to them: N/A
1 2 3 4 5

Throughout the history of the pride, leadership has fallen onto the shoulders of the family of Fate. Fate; the universe's way of fitting all the puzzle pieces of life together to make for a mortal's destiny. In order to be a proper leader, the Onyeisi must be able to embrace and utilize the different pieces of life. The Trials of the King, then, act as a test to show the capability of a son of Akaraaka to take on the role of fitting together the important facets of the N'ezi-ozu: Life and Death, Past and Future.

Past and Future
  • As the Onyeisi has always come from the family Akaraaka, sons of the current Onyeisi know that prospective leadership is in their future throughout their life. Similarly, the Onyeisi knows that his role will pass to a son when his time comes to an end. It is his duty, then, to pass on his knowledge to the next leader. Throughout his leadership, the Onyeisi alongside an advisor or the Amoosu lay down the foundation for the first Trial of the King. His knowledge and the knowledge of past Onyeisi is passed down in the form of a challenge to his sons that varies from one Onyeisi to the next. It tends to be cryptic and can be involved, such as an involved journey through the Caldera to find where he has hidden the knowledge or scavenger-hunting clues in certain locations or from certain individuals. The individuals are judged by the Onyeisi (if he is alive) or his advisors as to who successfully gathered the knowledge or lesson passed down from the predecessor.
  • (Most of this would need to be plotted OOCly who would be more successful at learning whatever lesson the previous Onyeisi wished to teach. It can involve dice rolls if the future leadership wanted to be left to chance)

Life
  • Sons of Akaraaka consult either an elder of a representative from each of the thirteen families, who evaluate them on their understanding of the family and how they would address their needs. The Onyeisi must be able to tend to the needs of those that he leads, after all! The representative then reports to the Amoosu and/or Enyi as to how each individual performed. Alternatively, this can be a test performed by the Amoosu/Enyi asking the individual the importance of each of the families' namesake in life.
  • (Like the previous test, most of this would be plotted OOCly between the members of the pride and the leadership. Since there are so many different families, it might be difficult to actually make this work out, hence the option to just involve the prospective Onyeisi and the Amoosu where they just deal with the idea of the different families.)

Death
  • This is arguably the most notable of the trials, and is the most ritualistic and the most observed by the pride. Death is the theme of the whole group, after all. At a notable time (the anniversary of the death of a previous Onyeisi, or something to do with the ancestors), the prospective Onyeisi gather with the Amoosu who perform a ritual. The Amoosu give a specially prepared concoction to the sons of Akaraaka that puts them into a deep coma. Truly, the individuals seem almost dead. Their breathing and heart rates slow. Their temperatures drop. They are deemed to be as close to death as they can be. It is in this state that it is believed that the souls are being judged by Death itself. Those who are unworthy will be released earlier. Those who are worthier will be held longer by Death, for it is believed that Death must be holding their soul longer in order to pass on knowledge and to create a bond with the soul of the Onyeisi. It is indeed possible to not wake at all and to die in this process. If the Amoosu declare that a member has died, it is believed that the role of that individual throughout his life was to prepare the individual who will become Onyeisi. The individual died because his purpose has been completed. The deceased individual gave strength to the true leader and, when his body is only bones, one of the bones will be worn on the future Onyeisi as a blessing to his leadership.
  • (This can be plotted OOCly, or can involve dice rolls.)

There is an inner workings of these trials that might not be abundantly clear to many pride members, but can be reasoned out by someone who thinks about it enough: the final trial is the truly definitive test. The first two ensure that the leader is ready to lead, either in their own success or in what the other prosprcts have learned. In the third trial, fate is the ultimate decider as to who is fit to lead  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:31 pm
Username: Porcelain Pinch
Please provide links to at least 2 RP samples: 1 2
1. Nchapu- Being the only one left in his family, I could see him actively seeking out a mate from another family to further his family line. He’s obsessed, practically crazed with the idea. So much so, that I would most likely play him as a pushover who lies in order to attract potential mates. But he’s also a clumsy and trips over himself constantly.

Not only is his fur coloration bright compared to the rest of the pride, but he also would have a very sunny disposition. Nchapu likes to find the positive in most factors of life. The prides numbers may be dwindling, but Nchapu believes that the pride will have some good news. Secretly, he hopes that more newcomers will come into the pride that the Amoosu will accept. If that were to happen, Nchapu would gladly welcome them into the family.
I could see him as a N’echebe who usually brings in rogues rather than send them off as well.

2. Akwa- She would consider herself a part of the Akaraaka family, but does hold strong attachments to her past family. She does love Obiike—she wouldn’t have married him otherwise, but I could see there being a slight strain. Even though there are no clans or houses I imagine she would still worry more often than not over her family; especially her mother and once married, feeling as if there is a distance between her and her siblings.

I’d love to plot out her and Obiike’s relationship. I imagine that she might have been slightly pressured into the marriage, even a false feeling of love that she doesn’t quite find out until later on. Given that Obiike is a part of the Onyeisi line, I imagine that it would be an honor to accept a proposal from Obiike, and possibly encouraged by her own family line. The dwindling amount of cubs from within the pride would also create another pressure to produce healthy offspring that the eldest Amusu would be proud of.

Ultimately, she would be very traditional and steadfast in her ways. Akwa would be the type to be more emotionally expressive during death and any event which breaks their culture. She would be hard pressed to accept a new rogue into the family and does her damnedest to stick to the traditions even if it hurts her own family, previous or present. I’d love to see the confliction that would arise if that were to occur. I do imagine her as someone who is extremely family oriented. As in, she would be close to her siblings and mother. She would also try to get to know the family that she married into extremely well.

3. Obiike- I imagine Obiike is named brave because he was the only one out of his siblings and his parents to survive the plague. And I imagine he did participate in the old customs of eating family after death, and surprisingly, survived the plague. If this is allowed, Obiike would have had the plague, but be one of the few to survive with the sickness, all the more reason for his name.

Personality wise, he would be one to live up to his name, but his confidence stems from the death of some of his family and due to being a part of the line where all Onyeisi rise from. He would claim that this bravery came from his ancestors and family before him. And since he reveres his family so highly, he would also be very religious. It was possibly a hope as a cub to become one of the Amoosu but patience was never a strong suit. It eats at him as he grows, but he devotes his time to honoring his ancestors at the family shrine rather than dwelling on what could have been.

I would enjoy seeing his relationship with his first cousins. Due to having no immediate family when he was young, I imagine Obiike striving to be close to them all---even if they don’t feel the same way. Interactions with his mate Akwa would also be interesting and something that I’d like to explore. The words brave and weep are very unusual combined, and so I am intrigued to see the interaction between the two characters.

4. Mgbamizu- I would play this character as mute. A character who had lost their voice from the plague, possibly. But Mgbamizu has learned that there are other ways to communicate through his expressions and actions. For being so mute, he would have a lot to say. And I’m extremely interested in how to play out how to express what he’s trying to convey with actions and description.

5. Isiike- Much like his coloration, Isiike sees most aspects of life in black and white. I imagine he’d be very prickly and rude to any potential mates that are sent his way. I want one of the reasons why he’s so vocal about not finding a mate being due to a past unrequited love that he never got over. He might have been happier back then and was about to propose, before seeing another male propose to her, ruining his dream.

Before the unrequited love, I imagine he was gruff but more easy going and laid back. His bitterness about his unrequited love’s happiness would turn him surly and irritable with a sour view of the world. It would be his full belief that there is only one love in his life. Although later on, with roleplay, I could see becoming more open to accept a mate. I could see the supposed “love of his life” dying and Isiike believing that she would be reincarnated and is awaiting the day for her return. Since he’s an Amusu, I would think that he would have the patience for her return.

6. Kemmasi- If I were to win Kenmasi I would play him as blind. Due to his curious nature, I imagine he snuck into the catacombs as a child and was properly punished for it. He would be a pleasant soul who takes life with ease. Death brings a smile to his face. He’s of the full belief that his family members died when the time was right. He admires Nkocha as being the only surviving child of his sister. It is his belief that some of her power passed onto her. I’d love to explore the relationship he has with her.

Even though he was blinded as a cub, I would still play him as curious in all aspects of life. He toes the line in the questions he asks about others, especially newcomers. And he would always have this airy and light demeanor encompassing him.

7. Nnunu- Nnunu would be played as very bird like, much like her name. I’m interested in trying to translate some characteristics of birds, to her. She would definitely carry a poignant air about her in the pride and one to be very vocal. I imagine that she might be one of the louder ones in the pack. I’m interested in character interaction between her family. I think she tries to stick as close to her offspring and mate as possible. Couldn’t imagine life without them. Nnunu would be overprotective as well as territorial of her family. She would preen her children, even as adults.

8. Ebere- Ebere would be the type to forgive others easily. He’s more open to new ideas, having not lived through the plague, and believes that it might be time to forgive rogues for bringing in the plague. I imagine that one of the reasons why he courts Naani is through pity. I would play Ebere as very attached to his own family, and hence can’t imagine being the only one left. He would be very eager to please and has a positive outlook on life. I could even see him keeping a few secrets, such as a forbidden love between a lion and a rogue. Ultimately, he just wants to see the pride happy and flourish. I would like his relationship with Naani and to plot with the owner about why specifically he’s courting her. I’m also interested in plotting with the family, of course.

9. Keoyi- Much like her name, I would play Keoyi as a cold and rather distant character. Currently, she might stay in the pride due to her children to ensure that they do well within the pack. However; I would play her as resentful. I imagine when her mate died of the plague; she wanted to follow the tradition of eating the dead to ensure safe passage. However; she was not allowed to do this which made her very bitter towards the Onyeisi of that time. She would claim that her children could have benefited from devouring her mate. That, in a way, her children had potentially lost the power that would have made them great during their lifetime.

However; she would have some faith that the future Onyeisi would be what the pack needs for her children’s sake. She fully believes that the plague and the earthquake were due to the past Onyeisis’ terrible judgement.

10. Amara- I would play Amara as someone who is very careful and diligent in her choices and words. But with that would also come vainness. She hopes, even expects, to marry into the Akaraaka family and tries to show that she is the best candidate through dedication to the pride. This dedication and attitude could also lead her into trouble, however. I imagine that she would be a bit honorary when it comes to others that she views lower than herself. With these lions, she has no trouble bluntly interrupting and stating what she thinks is right. I also find the role interesting as she is one of the few who was born after the earthquake and the plague. Since she didn’t live through these experiences, I could see her making choices that aren’t great for the pride and not knowing the consequences.

11. Gbarou- Gloomy and prideful don’t seem to go hand in hand, and I’d love to develop both of these traits in Gbarou. His gloom may arrive from the lack of accomplishments in his life. He would be a very old soul who assumes that death is soon for him. I could see him trying to overachieve and stumble through life.

12. Nkwusi- Nkwusi would plan on being the last of the family line. He might be interested in marriage, but he doesn’t plan on consummating it. He feels like there can be nothing greater than what his parents and his ancestors have done in life. And doesn’t have trouble voicing this thought. I would play him as very blunt and sarcastic, who doesn’t mesh completely into the pride. I am interested in how he’s affected by being so vocal about his plans, and how the pride views him for it, especially his sister.

13. Ntunnanya- I would play Ntunnanya as someone that has survived by the scrape of her teeth. Even at birth, she might have had the misfortune of catching the plague. She was expected to die but somehow managed to survive and prosper. I imagine she also lived through some near death experiences as she reached adulthood. For instance, nearly falling off a cliff edge but managing to pull herself up by her claws. It would make her cocky as an adult. And I would like to explore the relationship that she has with her mother and brother.

14. Urupuru- I would play Urupuru as a fluffy sort of male who isn’t affected by much. He would be very homey and at ease, especially with his children. If I were to play him, there would be puns and dad jokes galore with a smidge of fatherly advice when it’s needed.

I am interested in mystery characters!

Do you understand and accept that characters won here may be injured or killed in the course of the opening meta? Yep!  

Porcelain Pinch

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:12 am
Username: Annchen
Please provide links to at least 2 RP samples: 1 2 3 4 (most recent, unfinished)

I am interested in mystery characters! (and I've rearranged this list so many times so any order of preference is super close)

Ebere - I'd enjoy the prospect of RPing awkward courting. I'm also intrigued by the possibility of interactions between him, the lioness he's interested in and her brother. I wonder if it'd cross his mind that he's more or less robbing Nkwusi of his only living relative or if he's just blinded by being horny. Oh, sorry Ebere, in love. I like that there are many possibilities of how this could turn out depending on how Naani feels about him, how Ebere feels about him and possibly also what his family thinks of the matter.

Obiike - I'd like to explore his survivors guilt. His parents and sisters died in the plague. Not that death is a bad thing, but still... He spends a lot of time at the family shrine, fearing the day the Amusu will tell him it's time for their souls to move on, and is very serious about his work as a N'echebe. He'd like to marry and continue the family line, but somehow no one seems good enough for him and his family. They wouldn't like this, or they wouldn't like that...

Amara - While she's never seen the horrors of the plague she's heard enough stories about it to be absolutely certain about what she wants to do. For nearly as long as she's been able to talk she's told everyone she's going to be a Di-anyi when she grows up. As an adolescent she's so focused on reaching that goal that everything else takes a backseat. She shakes her head at her brothers and thinks she's the most mature of her siblings.

Naani - I was inspired by the fact that she is one of the last lions in her family. I imagine her as being very conflicted about this. As a cub she would have imagined staying with her family together, she certainly didn't expect to be orphaned. She doesn't really want to leave, but if she's ever going to marry and have children she'll have to, eventually. Even if a rogue should be adopted into their family he'd been her brother (gross!). In my hands she wouldn't necessarily be to thrilled with being courted. It makes it all too real, and that makes her angry.

Gbaruo - I'd like him to try to (somewhat clumsily) look out for his nephew and niece by not so subtly trying to get members of his family to marry them/take care of them. Heh. I'm also interested in the death priest role, and exploring that. I imagine he's not very skilled in interpersonal relationships, since most of his life has been devoted to learning the skills needed for his rank.

Do you understand and accept that characters won here may be injured or killed in the course of the opening meta? Yes biggrin  
[OOC] Official Events

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff