[J] Kiana's Horde Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

~Kiana_Nala~

Romantic Raider

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:55 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Name: Miach [Honorable, Proud] (My-a-ch)
Nickname: Mia (My-ah)
Sex: Female
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual leaning, exploring
Craft: Apprentice Dragonhealer

Physical Description: Miach has long Auburn hair that falls to about mid-back, with slight curls throughout. It takes little effort for Mia to make her hair completely straight if needed. Her hair color lightens and darkens throughout the various seasons of Pern from a darker, richer Auburn during the fall and winter months to a lighter shade around spring and summer. Her eyes are hazel gray but frequently take on a green-ish hue. Her skin color is very light, but due to being in the sun most of the time, it has a light tan. However, due to her skin color being so light she also burns often and needs to take extra precautions to keep from burning excessively. Most of the tan she has on her is due to tanning after a burn. Miach is quite tall compared to everyone else around her (about 5'11) and her body type is athletic with only slight curves that define her hips. Her chest is a medium B-cup.

Skin Tone: Light (Between the first two swatches) [ x ] [Deviant Art Spudfuzz]
Eye Color: Hazel Gray-Green
Hair Color: Auburn Brunette, Light Auburn
Hairstyle: Long, slightly curly, typically braided (occasionally boxer braids) [ x ], [ x ], [ x ], [ x ]
Body Type: Tall with slight curves, mostly athletic body

Personality:

A girl who will go out of her way to do whatever it is she can for another, even if she ends up suffering a bit for it in the end. Helping others is something that brings her great joy in life and is the main driving force she has for waking up each day. Her self-denying nature can be somewhat destructive depending on what she is doing and other times its more of an inconvenience. (i.e. she ends up with more chores, works all day with very little rest, etc.). Miach is often quiet and could be described as shy and it takes quite some time before she opens up to another or says more than a few words. Most of her vocabulary is made up of short words--her voice wobbling in the process--and head nods or shakes. After she grows close to someone she opens up more but may shut down when others are near or whisper. However, while Miach is kind and will bend-over-backwards for another when she can, once someone takes advantage of her (depending on the action it may take several times) she tends to hold a grudge. Once she has decided you are worth holding a grudge against, it's very hard for her to forgive that individual. While it is hard to get on her bad side, once there it is almost impossible to get off it. Miach is also someone who has her own beliefs that she may not share often, but which she will not sway from. Once she has made her mind up or opens herself up to an idea she will not back down from it. She's not someone who is easy to shake or sway in that regard. Part of Miach's quiet nature is in part due to her natural inclination to evaluate the situation around her and then make a decision or speak once all of the options and avenues have been thought through. Miach doesn't often jump headfirst into situations that may cause harm to others or herself unless the reward far outweighs the risks and usually only if she is the one who comes to harm in the end.

Positive Trait List Benevolent, Intuitive, Steadfast
Negative Trait List Reserved, Self-denying, Unforgiving

History:

Miach's entrance into the world was the equivalent of being struck by lightning six times. Her mother, Kiadlin, was a wild young woman of about twenty turns when she had a one night stand with L'mul (Thaliawen) during his early exploring years and a short stop in Benden. It wasn't but a few months later that Kiadlin was forced to recognize that she was in fact pregnant and that her lifestyle would have to change for a while. Kiadlin was neglectful of her duties but she has always been known for being a free spirit that like a bee, flits around without ever landing for more than a few minutes. Kiad's parents were appalled by her pregnancy and how it had occurred since they hoped to have her marry someone they had chosen. While arranged marriages were growing scarce, their family had always been about appearances and holding onto the 'old ways.'

Many had thought that Kiadlin would settle down somewhat in order to raise the newborn babe Miach, but as soon as she was completely healed from the birth Kiadlin was back to wandering and having the best time she could. Kiadlin couldn't be tied down nor did she want to be. In fact, being a mother wasn't something she was overly interested in--though she did love her daughter. Miach was primarily raised by her grandfather after her grandmothers death when she was about three turns old. Her grandfather Midalin named Miach after a previous ancestor that they had believed to be exceptionally honorable during their lifetime. In turn, Mida'lin told his granddaughter that her name meant honorable, proud after their ancestor who had shared the same name as a way to ensure she always lived her life in a way that would bestow that same honor back upon their family. Miach had no reason to ever doubt her grandfather and every day has felt the pressure her name brings.

At around fourteen Miach began to wonder who her father was and whether or not it was someone in the hold. Considering her mother's ways it wasn't entirely a foreign concept that her father could be her next door neighbor. Managing to find more courage then she thought possible, shaking and slightly sweaty hands in tow she finally approached her mother to find out who her father was. Kiadlin told Miach that she was fairly certain that her father was a man she had met after a night of fun. At first she couldn't recall his name but after a couple weeks Miach learned his name was L'mul. During Miach's conception Kiadlin had been a little too free and had slept with a few men but based upon her particular features it had cemented in Kiadlin's mind that L'mul was her father.

Miach has lived her short eighteen years uncertain of who she was but determined to uphold the burden's of her family. Even if that meant she suffered for it. Miach has never had many opportunities to shine in her own right and has had others take advantage of that fact a few times. However, that's about to all change. And soon she'll be able to meet her father.

Family:
Father | L'mul (Thali)
Step-mother | Owara (Berri)
Mother | Kiadlin (Me - NPC)
Half-brother | R'ey (Berri)

RP color: #d55d5d

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:59 pm
White Akeroth
Written by Fated Fable
Colored by ShinosBee

Origin of Name: Akeroth, from the Mycenaen a-ke-ro, simply means "messenger." The word "angel" is derived from the Latin angelus which in its turn came from the Greek aggelos. Some sources believe that it is a Persian loan word, from angaros, which means "mounted courier." While the Torah does not differentiate between human messengers and spiritual ones, the Latin Vulgate does. The Vulgate is a 4th century translation of the bible, the Latin bible that the Catholic Church disseminated and held up as holy canon. In this version of the bible, the word used for human messenger is legatus or nuntius. Where a spiritual messenger is indicated, the word becomes angelus. And so, angel.

Inspiration: The concept of angels far predates the Christian bible, a mythos that has only recently developed within the past couple thousand years. The earliest known instance of angels can be found in one the world's most ancient organized religions that is still practiced today, Zoroastrianism. One might argue that the concept is much older, as nearly all mythologies contain agents of the divine. The purpose of angels is quite different, depending upon which faith they originate from.

For example, according to the Kabbalah, angels are simply an extension of God's will, temporary creations meant to enact whatever task that he wishes to be completed. Once that duty has been accomplished, they will cease to exist, as they are not separate entities.

The actual hierarchy of angels differs from faith to faith, but there are some consistencies between them, messengers being among the most common elements. We can see several examples of messenger angels within the bible itself, such as Gabriel, and the angel who speaks to the women as they stand grieving before Jesus's tomb. Azrael, the angel of death, appears in the Jewish, Islamic, and Christian faiths.

Personality: While he is small of stature, the sheer power that radiates off of Akeroth cannot be missed. Were he a Bronze or a Gold, it would be clear to all who meet him that he is in charge. He is not here to comfort or attend to those within his domain, but rather as an instrument of judgement and justice. Implacable as winter, this dragon will not be dismissed or shut down. He has a purpose, and that purpose is to bring about the destruction of the wickedness he sees in the world. Most of the time, that means that he is primed to destroy Thread, and he will be chomping at the bit well before he's able to even fly to do that very thing.

Where he sees corruption, he has no mercy. Where he sees faithlessness, he has only disdain. Where he sees wrongs, he will right them, if it is within his power to do so. It is perhaps fortunate that he has been hatched in Western, as were he in High Reaches, or another even more unequal Weyr, he would be quite a terror. Those who belittle others and do them wrong will have Akeroth to answer to, and he won't hold back. He has a sharp tongue, and no compunction against using it as the sword that he instinctively knows he should possess.

He is judging you. Always. Take a wrong step, and you had best believe that he'll be right there to tell you. He's not afraid to speak his mind to people whom he shouldn't be able to communicate with. He'll talk to people who aren't his rider, when he thinks he should... which is all the time. He does not know boundaries when it comes to setting fire to the evil within Pern. ... Perhaps not actual fire, but maybe fire depending on the level of corruption. Woe betide you, Nabol. Akeroth hates you and everything you stand for. You disgust him.

The tolerance of Nabol disgusts and angers him. Bitra angers him. Crom angers him. Rivercrest Hold angers him. It's going to be a challenge and a half for his rider to hold him back from making his opinions painfully clear. And Faranth help anyone who tells him that the suffering of others is justified in any way. He would happily take on a Lord Holder, if it came down to it, so let's hope that it never comes to that.

He is a fantastic judge of character. Where he sees goodness, he rewards it generously. Where he sees faithfulness, he returns it in kind. Where he sees charity, he is ready to aid and do his part. But don't think to try to deceive him, he abhors lies as much as he does outright violence and meanness. Abusers and manipulators will be punished for their crimes. As a result, he really does not like most of his clutchmates. He is particularly fond of his gentler siblings, and feels that it is his personal responsibility, tiny though he is, to protect them. He has a love/hate relationship with the Demon, strangely compelled by him, and yet loathing him all the same.

Positive Traits: Protective, Faithful, Supportive, Just
Negative Traits: Judgmental, Vengeful, Implacable, Hateful

Adult Size: 14'
Physical Attributes: Exceedingly eye-catching, this many colored White dragon is tiny and seemingly perfectly formed. In the right light, he seems to catch fire. For his size he has large wings, and an overall otherworldly elegance.

Additional Notes: He is incredibly fond of song wherries, and of Harpers. He loves music. He is also fond of Vedmath, whom he sees as an upright sort of fellow, Rouenth, Konvakith, and Hessianth.

Theme Song: O' Death, Jen Titus
Why Me? Miach's self-sacrificing nature, her way of putting others before herself, appeal deeply to the Angel. Akeroth, while a judgmental baby from the start, will always put the lives of others before his own. She is his perfect match, his heart and soul. He will never love anyone as he loves her, and he will want to protect her from the start. There is not a bad bone in Miach's body, and from the moment she touched his egg, he sensed that about her. He would accept nothing less than one who would make of themselves a martyr if the need arose. However, it is her benevolence that draws him in, and that may help to temper his sharp edges. This Angel will be sweet for you, and you alone, Miach.

RP Color: Gray
Obtained: [ x ]

~Kiana_Nala~

Romantic Raider

~Kiana_Nala~

Romantic Raider

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:00 pm
Name: Ah’i (ah-ee, ah-hee)
Sex: Male
Sexual Orientation: Pansexual
Weyr: Western Weyr
Rider Rank: Wingrider
Previous Rank/Craft: Massagecrafter, occasional bodyguard
Physical Description: 6'3 and muscular, Ah'i is a force to be reckoned with. His eyes are a dark green and his skin is lightly tanned. His hair is short on the sides and longer on the top, generally in a top knot style is colored light mocha. If allowed to grow out, his hair would be curly. Ah'i has a diagonal scar running from his left shoulder to his lower chest--near where his heart is. He also has tinier scars all over his body but they aren't noticeable unless someone really looks closely.

Personality: Ah'i is very protective of his Weyr, family, friends and most of all Honath. He will defend what's his or your's with all he's got. However, he can be rather self-indulgent and doesn't think beyond what is happening in the moment because his motto is: that's tomorrow's problem and this is today's. He also likes to indulge in life's pleasures, usually involving another individual or multiple individuals. Ah'i can be monogamous, but is a very sexual creature by nature. Ah'i will also take risks that others would balk at and when given a challenge he will try to see it through to it's end--even if it's considered impossible. He definitely isn't one to say "no" often. Ah'i always has a comeback or response and while he may not be overly joyful all the time, he does like to come up with odd sayings. Ah'i usually doesn't pick sides and is the first one to come to an amicable solution for anyone involved.

Positive Trait List Protective, Witty, Mediator (peace-maker)
Negative Trait List Risk-taker, Libidinous (self-indulgent), Shortsighted

History: Originally from Rivercrest, Ah'i was raised to not only be comfortable with his body but to revel in it's beauty. Ah'i was born from Lalahi who worked the brothels and it was through that line of work that he managed to grace the world with his presence. While Ah'i never knew who his father was he hadn't been concerned over that fact as his mother had been his everything and when she was busy working the other brothel women would happily entertain the young boy. While his life had never been easy, and filled with more trouble than he ever desired, Ah'i had managed to make it to young adulthood without getting himself involved in too much trouble. His natural inclination to keep the peace had likely helped him get out of stickier situations. At sixteen Ah'i's peace-making skills failed him and after a run-in with a pirate who had been harming one of the brothel workers he managed to gain a few scars, one of which runs diagonal from his left shoulder to his upper-chest near his heart. When Ah'i was about seventeen his mother stopped supporting him as she felt her job as his mother was more than complete--something she had intended to end much sooner but after his run-in with the pirate he had needed help while he regained his strength--and insisted he start providing for himself and any extra would go to her.

At nineteen, Ah'i had been working as an apprentice of a massage crafter and occasionally as a guard at a couple of brothels when necessary for several years. His line of work was not something he enjoyed nor did he wish to continue, however, it had it's uses with partners and helped him support both his mother and himself. However, just a couple days after his nineteenth nameday the most unexpected and life-altering event happened--he was searched by a rider from Western Weyr. Ah'i did not leave on good terms with his mother but he followed the rider nonetheless. It was time for his life to change for it to finally be his.

It wasn't but a year later that most fundamental, happiest and completing moment happened, he bonded with Honath. Their impression had been an emotional one for the young man. He had cried and held Honath to his chest, something that was somewhat challenging as the dragonet was larger than most of his clutch. That moment had changed Ah'i in such a profound and fundamental way. No longer was his life solely about himself--his needs and desires--but rather everything became Honath. Honath in turn let everything become Ah'i. Three years later, Honath and Ah'i were the most devoted to each other and they are more than happy letting it stay that way as Ah'i isn't likely to settle down soon and Honath can be too difficult at times for other dragons to try and know him deeper than the surface.

Family:
Mother | Lalahi (NPC - Me)

Other: When it comes to the relationship with Honath, Ah'i is the motivator and the one to convince him when to do things he might not want to or hesitate to do. Honath in turn keeps Ah'i mostly grounded.

RP Color: #70a7a9

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:01 pm

Name: Honath
Color: Brown
Size: Roughly 40’
Physical Description: Like his bonded, Honath is a force of shear power and bulk. Honath is very tall (in length) and while fit, has a lot of mass to his body that required his sleeping area to be expanded so that he could fit. His eyes are purple and can appear lighter or darker depending on his mood. His neck and upper back have spots and his back (top) is darker than his stomach (bottom). His wingspan reflects his size.

Personality:  Once Honath has claimed something as "his" or feels strong feelings for an object/person/dragon he can be very possessive of them--and will be very motivated to keep those possessions. Honath is very resourceful and tends to think in non-linear ways (i.e. how does this action effect this outcome, how can this be used, etc.). He is also very trustworthy and honest with others. He tends to have a grim outlook and is not one to think of the positives. Honath is definitely one to consider the worst possible outcome or can come across as callous or insensitive at times. Honath is incorruptible in the sense that he is motivated by his role rather than personal feelings or what others think is the right action. He does stand by his leaders decisions for the most part, but is always questioning of their's and other's reasonings and motivations. He is definitely the first to ask questions and the last to ensure they are seen through.

Positive Trait List Resourceful, Dutiful, Trustworthy
Negative Trait List Possessive, Grim, Questioning

RP Color: #BC8F8F

~Kiana_Nala~

Romantic Raider

~Kiana_Nala~

Romantic Raider

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:02 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Name: Kambri -> Kamb'i
Nicknames: Bambi, Kam
Sex: Male
Sexual Orientation: Homosexual
Craft: Thatcher -> Carpentry
Physical Description: Kambri is a golden boy through and through with his natural tan skin, honey colored hair, honey eyes and dimples on both cheeks. He stands at about 5'7, 5'8 in height but is growing and will reach between 5'10 and 5'11. Kambri has a thinner frame naturally but is working hard (literally) and also working out in order to build more muscle, but he will not be filling out fully until about nineteen years old--give or take.

Skin Tone: [ x ], 5th pallate
Eye Color: Honey brown
Hair Color: Honey Gold-brown
Hairstyle: Currently a little longer than shoulder length, mostly leaves it down unless necessary. Small braids are often found throughout and as he grows his hair it will only have more & bigger braids. Kambri is currently trying to grow a beard.
Height: 5'8 -> 5'10 (growing boyo)
Body Type: Thinner, some definition and attempting to build muscle

Personality: Kambri is the type of guy where all he wants at the end of the day is to cuddle and be cuddled. He loves showing and giving affection, and especially when it is returned. However, he's not very secure with his relationships of any kind and tends to think of himself as someone as replaceable. Kambri believes that if he was fade into the background, or fall into the dark depths of the ocean, no one would notice and therefore needs reassurances from others. Kambri is very bashful in the sense that he often can be found blushing or becoming flustered at others actions or words. While not entirely shy, he does come off as such until the person gets to know him a little better. He also has a very wild and vivid imagination that makes him the perfect story teller and hope-weaver. However, Kambri also tends to be walked over by others due to his gullible nature and lack of assertion. He takes others at face value and that often gets him into trouble. Kambri also would rather take the easy route more often then not in order to keep the peace.

Positive Trait List Bashful, Tenderhearted, Imaginative, Cuddler (because what are terms)
Negative Trait List Insecure, Undemanding, Gullible

History: Seventeen turns ago Kamb'i entered the world as a triplet with an older brother and younger sister. Coming from an already large family with multiples, adding on three extra mouths to feed, his family initially struggled with feeding and clothing the three kiddos. However, as time went on the family was able to get back on their feet by the time Kamb'i and his siblings were about seven or eight turns old. Kamb'i as a result of being a middle triplet does have a little bit of middle-child syndrome in the fact that he doesn't know how to be independent and is always looking for validation for everything. His family helped reinforce this ideal, despite being a very loving and giving one, due to comparing the triplets on a constant basis. Growing up with several other siblings, including his twins, Kamb'i struggled to find his identity without them.

As a teen Kamb'i still struggles with insecurities of being seen as lesser than or sometimes even invisible. Since his nameday, Kamb'i has also taken to the family business of carpentry--in all its forms--and helped with thatching the roofs of the homes and buildings his parents have built. Kamb'i is wanting to continue his work as a thatcher while he hones his skills building homes. He also secretly loves to create wooden figures with leftovers that can't be used for homes as decor. Kamb'i hasn't come out to his family yet and hopes to keep it a secret for a couple more years at least.

Imprinting with Moseleth.

RP Color: #c88937

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:03 pm
Bronze Moseleth
Written by Mx Cherie
Colored by ShinosBee

Origin of Name: The name Moseleth is derived from a practice that took place during the 19th century of mixing Earl Grey with gin. The mixture served two purposes: one, to cut the flavor of the gin and make it go down more easily, and two, to further protect the drinker from the unclean water of the time. When the drink came to be associated with women during the 20th century, it acquired the moniker "Mosley Tea Service."
Inspiration: Earl Grey Tea

There are a number of origin stories for Earl Grey tea, but nearly all seem to agree on the point that Earl Grey tea was originally made with bergamot oil in order to imbue it with the flavor of a more expensive tea. It first came into the public domain during the 1800s, at which time it was hardly considered to be a high class affectation. In fact, the tea itself became the subject of a court proceeding, as it was argued that the addition of the bergamot oil artificially elevated the tea, masking lower quality tea leaves, and counterfeiting a much more expensive blend.

Much of the flavor in the highly sought after Chinese tea that it aped was acquired by means of process, rather than additives. And, too, certain regions were famed for the exquisite flavor of their tea leaves. Earl Grey tea leaves did not on their own possess any level of sophistication or the complexity of flavor that a finer blend might. So the story goes.

However, there are alternative explanations for the introduction of bergamot oil. In one recounting, the tea was brought back to Lord Grey, then serving as the British Prime Minister. He was variously gifted with the tea by an envoy returning from China, or by a grateful man in mainland China itself. The latter story is the less likely, as it would involve Lord Grey having been to China, which he reportedly never had been.

Another, and possibly a more likely, explanation is that the tea was formulated to mask the flavor of the lime that was prevalent in the water at Howick Hall, where Lady Grey entertained. According to that tale, put forward by the Grey family, a Chinese, Mandarin speaking person created the tea for that very purpose. In most accounts Lord Grey is the intended recipient, although given the aforementioned court proceeding, it is questionable at best whether such a story might be given credence.
Personality: While unobserved, Moseleth is as carefree and playful as any baby dragon. However, as soon as he has an inkling that he is under another's eye, he will swiftly transform into a proper young gentleman. What's this? You thought you caught him tipping over that barrel full of a sand? Why, surely not. He would never do such an uncouth thing. Keenly aware of his own shortcomings, the young Bronze wears a veneer of grace and sophistication that does not come quite naturally.

He does, however, yearn to be exactly what his betters are. And perhaps in due course he will grow into a dragon of taste and excellence. What he lacks in refinement he makes up for in his earnest dedication and heart. Moseleth is a loyal Bronze, possessed of considerable patience and determination.

There is a streak of pompousness in this dragon that tends to come out at the worst of times, but for the most part he is really a very humble sort. He knows that while his hide might afford him certain privileges in the right place it is up to him to prove his worth. And really, he started life adrift in the ocean, quite a small speck in the larger world. He did not have the proper sort of upbringing that those at the Weyrs did, and as such finds himself with still greater a need to prove himself.

A less fortunate side effect of this need is a tendency to reinvent himself in new places. Where was he shelled? Oh, High Reaches, of course. Or was it Western? Either way, it was most certainly a Weyr. As a dragonet this sort of play pretend is harmless - as an adult, it is less so, and a habit that his rider may need to work to break him of.

Positive Traits: Loyal, driven, humble
Negative Traits: Counterfeit, ostentatious, dishonest

Adult Size: 36'
Physical Attributes: Sleek, svelte, and with an air of marked sophistication, Moseleth does not quite measure up in length or height to some of his clutch sibs. However, he is graceful and dignified in bearing, with a certain je ne sais quoi. His wings are particularly striking to look upon, and he likes to flash them about to his advantage.

Additional Notes: He has a terrible love for all things fashionable, and tries painfully hard to be cultured and urbane. He secretly, very secretly, actually favors male lovers to cuddle up to and catch. Yet in his heart of hearts he would appreciate the recognition that comes of having a gold's regard. Even if he might not return it - the cad! Oh, he could never be so cruel.

Moseleth adores his brother Harneth, and should he bond to a Candidate from another Weyr, he will make a concerted effort to maintain their close friendship though distance might part them.

Theme Song: Mirrors by Justin Timberlake
The Ducky Egg A large egg.

Why Me? Dear Kambri. It broke Moseleth's heart to feel your pain as one dragonet after another rejected you, but... but did you know that all of this time, it was your Moseleth that you were waiting for? Heart of his hearts, this little Bronze knew immediately, at that first tender touch of Kambri's thoughts, that they were meant to be. He was ever so anxious, but your gentility and consideration brought him such reassurance. He hopes that he might grow to be just as supportive in his turn. Please, do give him a chance!

RP Color: #CD853F

~Kiana_Nala~

Romantic Raider

~Kiana_Nala~

Romantic Raider

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:52 am
Name: Nylia (Nye-le-ah)
Nickname: Ny, Lia (le-ah), Lee
Sexual Orientation: Unknown
Weyr: Nabol
Rider Rank: N/A
Previous Rank/Craft: Brothel worker/Mercenary/others
Physical Description: Nylia is roughly 5'4, thin with hourglass shape and roughly a C sized chest. In essence, curvy. Her hair is naturally ashy blonde which she dyes black towards the bottom of her hair. Her eyes are hazel blue-gray, which at times can appear anywhere from dark blue to almost a near violety color depending on her mood. **See reference img above**

Personality: Nylia is not above or afraid to use someone she sees to her own advantage, by any means necessary. In fact, she will lie, cheat, steal, manipulate, etc. to get or do whatever it is she needs to do. She tends to think along the lines of, how does this relationship benefit me both now and in the long run, how can this action be beneficial, etc. Because she is constantly thinking of what will best suit her own needs and changing what she does accordingly, it is not often that she agree's to do any given thing. This extends not only to her business relationships but her personal relationships as well. Nylia up until this point has never been in a relationship with anyone as a result of her noncommittal nature, but that doesn't mean that she can't commit in a relationship if the opportunity arose--it may be a struggle for her though. When wronged, or perceived to have been wronged, Nylia is vengeful and vindictive. It is not wise to get on her bad side because there is a very high probability that something awful is going to happen to you, someone you love, etc. There are no holds barred and it is very rare that she will spare anyone--even children. Though, both her and Piketh draw the line to what extent something happens to them. Generally children are used as bait or bargaining tools.

Innately Nylia is someone who is very meticulous and thorough in whatever it is she does and therefore when she does something it is usually never by mistake. Despite her very obvious nefarious nature, she is actually very empathetic and more often than not will cry herself to sleep because of what she's had to do--unless someone has screwed her over to the point that her vindictive/vengeful nature arose--and does feel regret. There isn't a moment that goes by that Nylia doesn't hate herself and the only thing that keeps her going is her family and Piketh. Piketh makes everything better and he's what keeps her hope alive. Nylia has been the breadwinner in her home for so long and has had to depend mostly on herself--until Piketh came along--that she is very self-reliant and doesn't often depend on others.

Positive Trait List Scrupulous, Empathetic, Self-reliant
Negative Trait List Vindictive, Scheming/Cunning/Manipulative/Opportunistic, Noncommittal

History: Since the moment Nylia was born she was destined to have a hard life fought with far more struggles than any one person should have to endure. From a young age she has had to work very difficult and at times demeaning jobs just so that her family could have a meal a couple times that week. In fact, there aren't many jobs she hasn't done, but one she did the longest before Piketh was working in a brothel. This was a job she loathed with every fiber of her being and just when she was about to give up on ever being more she impressed with Piketh by pure chance. Since her impression Nylia has been more of a mercenary for the local thugs of Nabol or anyone else who may have use for her skills. As she has worked so many odd jobs and is willing to do whatever is necessary it isn't hard for her to find work that most wouldn't be able to stomach. Nylia is only able to do what she does so that her siblings are able to have a bit of a steadier life than she has/did.

Her family is comprised of her father, five younger brothers, two younger sisters and a string of women her father brings in often. Every two or so years one of these women will show up on their doorstep with a babe that Nylia then has to take care of as her father refuses to do anything but drink and spend time with women. The only full siblings she has are her twin brothers Nyak and Nukl, the other's are half and Nylia suspects that her youngest sister isn't related to them at all. Considering the women her father hangs out with, it wouldn't surprise her but she isn't going to turn any child away claiming to be one of Kallau's kids.

Other: Piketh and Nylia seem as though they wouldn't be a match at all, however, from the moment Nylia touched Piketh's shell he knew she was the one for him. While Piketh quite literally keeps Nylia's hope in herself, life, and other's in tact, she in return gives him the structure and dependability that he needs. As a pair, they help each other with their weaknesses and lend their strength to one another. In general Piketh doesn't have a problem with Nylia's current lifestyle or choices, and does help her when he can, but he believes that there is more to her than meets the eye if only she was given the chance to prove herself. He wouldn't be opposed to staying in Nabol, either as her connection to her family is the driving force behind everything she is and was.

RP Color: #9d95d0

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:45 pm
Name: Piketh
Color: Blue
Size: 28'
Physical Description: Piketh is a very slim dragon who was definitely made for agility and endurance. His frame is built long and agile, not one for carrying massive loads or using his body as a weapon.

Personality: Piketh is incredibly patient and can wait years for whatever it is he desires to happen. He is also incredibly hopeful, always seeing the glass half-full and that just around the corner great things are going to happen. Because of his hopeful almost idillic nature, he tends to be rather airy and unconcerned with whatever is going on around him. Almost willfully-ignorant of everything else but Nylia. He is very willful in fact, and doesn't do anything by mistake nor does he do things he doesn't want to do. Piketh does not take kindly to criticism and finds it hard to deal with negativity--to the point that he will become lethargic and depressed without intervention.

Pros: Hopeful, Charming, Patient
Cons: Sensitive, Airy, Willful

RP Color: #008080

~Kiana_Nala~

Romantic Raider

~Kiana_Nala~

Romantic Raider

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:46 pm
Name: Laasya (La-a-s-ya / La-a-si-ya)
Nickname: Lassa, Las, Sya
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual
Weyr: High Reaches Weyr
Rider Rank: Searchrider for Tornado
Previous Rank/Craft: N/A
Physical Description: Laasya is a shapely, fit, woman around 5'4 in height. Her body shape is more of a full hourglass. Her mostly straight hair falls around her jawline and is dark brown in color. Eyes the shape of almonds and the color of a deep green. She has deep brown skin color (similarly to Beyonce's for reference). On her shoulders she has scarring from Nusueth digging into his clutch's hatching, and she has additional scarring on her thighs and stomach from a previous clutch hatching (failed). She has smaller scars, scratches, bruises, etc. covering her body constantly. Often she also has darker circles under her eyes.

Hair: [ x ]

Personality: Laasya is a woman who enjoys laughter and good times. While not the funniest person by nature, her natural clumsiness tends to cause others to laugh (at her expense) and she takes it all in stride. Need someone to trip over air? She's your girl! Laasya is a very positive person by nature and tends to be more bubbly in situations most would balk at. Her motto in life is: nothing good is going to get done with a bad view/attitude. Generally she is very empathic and can be almost scarily in tune with the feelings and emotions of others--she is very good at reading body language. As Laasya was originally from Western Weyr, she tends to be more accepting than her High Reaches peers as well.

As a result of her clumsiness, Laasya usually has more scrapes and bruises than the normal rider and it's lucky for everyone that Nusueth is the one that fly's and not her. Otherwise there would be a Laasya imprint somewhere on the Weyr walls. Laasya is a perfectionist and borderline OCD sufferer as everything she does needs to be done to her specifications and in order when possible. Her perfectionist attitude can extend to others--in that she tends to get frustrated if something isn't done correctly and will do it herself instead. There are many nights where she won't go to sleep until she knows everything is done (and correctly) or will be unable to fall asleep. Laasya also has the pitfall of being far too nosy. While it is genuinely out of love and concern, etc. for others, there is very little that happens in the Weyr that she doesn't know/why it happened. Because of this, others may view her as motherly but sometimes--that neighbor who is in everyone's business.

Positive Trait List Positive, Empathic, Happy
Negative Trait List Clumsy, Perfectionist, Nosy

History: Laasya was born and raised in Western Weyr to wingriders Laa'ka and Yelashka whose union had yielded surprising results. The pair had been together for over sixteen years before Laasya was born and it had been a huge surprise when they welcomed her into the world. In fact, Yelashka hadn't realized she was pregnant in the first place as she had no noticeable symptoms or baby bump. While her mother had noticed occasional bleeding during her pregnancy--as she had experienced many miscarriages--she hadn't even thought to see a healer or midwife just to check. Raised by older rider parents, Laasya was much more mature than most of the other children her age as she had to mostly raise herself. Her parents hadn't expected her and were woefully underprepared for her appearance in their lives/lifestyle.

As she grew, Laasya found herself often helping others and thought for a while she would become a healer or a similar craft. At age eighteen Laasya had been apprenticing under a midwife for a couple of years and while life didn't seem complete, she reveled in the opportunity to help others. However, an exchange of candidates between the two Weyrs during a hatching yielded unexpected results and she ended up at HR with a dragonet. Over the last ten years, Nusueth and Laasya have made their way through the Weyr and managed to become search riders due to their natural empathic nature.

RP Color: #00b36e

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:26 pm
Name: Nusueth
Color: Blue
Size: 29
Physical Description: Nusueth is a lean, agile and spry looking dragon with very little fat (if any) on his body. Anyone who looks at him would think he was a female if it wasn't for the blue tones of his hide. His body has dark blue mixed with lighter tones interspersed. On his chest in light blue is a bull head like shape and finger gloves on his claws. Nusueth's face has blue stripes going from his knobs to his mouth on each side. Nusueth's knobs are much longer and pointed than normal in a dragon and almost look like they could be weapons of their own in a fight.

Personality: Nusueth is very dainty and as a result he is generally a hard dragon to please and is a bit snooty as well. A picky eater who needs constant attention to ensure he does eats enough to keep going, Nusueth is very dependent on his rider when compared to others. While not necessarily selective with whom he interacts with, he see's himself of the king of his domain and anyone else around him best know that. Like his rider, and something they easily bond over, Nusueth is very intuitive and empathic which makes him a great searcher. He generally has a good feeling about people and seems to prefer them to his own kind--mostly. He also loves to give and receive attention, so anyone who is willing to rub around his knobs is good in his book. He does tend to be more coddling and overall loving towards candidates and dragonets. While not necessarily lazy, Nusueth is very slow moving and tends to take his time in everything he does.

Positive Traits: Empathic, Compassionate, Elegant
Negative Traits: Dainty, Haughty (snooty), Sluggish

RP Color: #8db0f2

~Kiana_Nala~

Romantic Raider

~Kiana_Nala~

Romantic Raider

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:46 pm
Name: Halvor --> Ha'vor
Sex: Male
Sexual Orientation: Homosexual
Craft: Fighter
Physical Description: 6'4 (Will be 6'5/6'6 by twenty), muscular, with zero body hair. His hair color is naturally strawberry blonde, but occasionally uses dyes of black and other colors to alter it. The length is currently cropped short--think military high and tight (maybe with extra length on top). His eyes are hazel gray, which may appear light blue, and a sun kissed skin tone. His clothes are generally plain, tight fitting pants and shirts--with occasional looser shirts intermixed. Large hands that are often wrapped in bandages. Halvor has many scars, some smaller and others larger, all over his body. His left cheek has a noticeable scar, and a nose that while still pleasing, has been broken several times in fights.

Personality: Personality: Halvor has a permanent scowl gracing his features and comes off as a guy you do not want to fu*k with. He certainly doesn’t go around trying to change people’s opinion of him at first glance as he’s very uncomfortable being vulnerable with others. In his life before Western Weyr being weak or vulnerable, was a death sentence. So, he doesn’t know how to be vulnerable to another person. He often feels a disconnect with others that he doesn't know how to bridge. Inside he’s a man who would make a fierce protector. He’ll never be a sweet and sensitive person, but he can be molded into dough by the right hands—or claws. Halvor has a mind like no other. He’s adept at strategy and using his brain to figure things out. He’s not quick to anger, but he will hold a grudge until the end of time. He may even fight someone if the situation was serious enough.

Halvor is very reserved and keeps his thoughts to himself. He’s a natural born leader who will take charge and do what needs to be done. He knows when to punch and when to take a step back. However, because of this he can overthink and even doubt his own thoughts, feelings, etc.

Positive Trait List Protector, Analytical, Leader
Negative Trait List Reserved, Unable to be Vulnerable, Overthinker

History: Halvor was sold to a local crime lord in Bitra when he was just hours old. His mother, who was living on the streets of Bitra at the time, died during childbirth and without anyone to advocate in his favor, a homeless woman sold him to --- in order to pay back her debts. It was decided from that moment forward that whatever debt he occurred would be added to the price paid for the infant. As Halvor grew was trained to be a mindless grunt. However, it didn’t take long for him to grow into a tall, muscular boy who could be used for more laborious activities. By seven he was training daily in the art of fighting—with fists and weapons. He learned how to escape if he was trapped or kidnapped, and most of all, how to use anything he could find as a weapon. Halvor never went to school and on the cusp of nineteen he’s never learned how to spell even his name. He’s decent at math, excels at fighting and strategizing.

Halvor has known his whole life that his mother died giving birth to him, but he doesn’t know who his father is and whether or not he came into being out of love. (Potential for adoptable character). His life hasn’t been rainbows and sunshine as he has had to hurt people before, but thankfully has never had to kill someone for the crime lord. Halvor suspects and fears that day may soon be coming.

Thankfully, he’ll never find out because a searchrider finds him. . .

Character Pages & Journals

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff