Submit

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:41 pm
The return to awareness and wakefulness was a slow and sluggish process on the best of days for Jacomus, so nothing immediately registered about the fingers through his hair. He thought, in fact, it might have been Fish or Marsh, trying to wake him for a day of pilfering marks from any near-by fishing holds or markets. Shifting, he nestled into the warmth that his sleep-addled brain swore had to be Kraketh, murmuring, "Not now, Fish... Still sleepy..."  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:05 pm

"I'm not a fish, love," Casgar said absently, retrieving his fingers from where they'd wandered into the man's hair. Squeezing his eyes shut more tightly, he brought up a hand to try to shield himself from the light that was suddenly spilling in through the window. Shaffit, hadn't he shuttered that? It was surely too early for sunlight. ... Unless they'd slept in. Surprising, given that someone usually bothered him before it got too late. "Mm. I always forget that riders are a little blurred the morning after a Flight." But really, had the man forgotten him?

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:10 pm
Awareness was coming back much more rapidly. Jacomus opened his eyes, then squeezed them shut, groaning at the light. One hand reached up to cover them, as he shifted to push himself up slightly. "You're not Fish..." More slowly, he opened his eyes, looking around. "This is not my cave..." Squinting for a moment, Jacomus tried to remember what had gone on. As if sensing his wakefulness, both Fish and Marsh flew in the window, chittering excitedly. "What in the name of the egg..." Egg... Dragons... Oh. "I... Oh... Um..." He watched his pair of flits circle, then looked at the other occupant of the bed. "I am... VERY sorry for intruding on your chambers... These are your chambers, right? I don't usually... Uninvited..."  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:18 pm

Casgar raised an eyebrow, sitting up on the bed. "You really don't remember, do you, or you wouldn't be saying that. Well." He usually tried to be a little less forgettable. "To be fair, my door shouldn't have been unlocked. I must have been tired last night." That, or the man had actually crept into his locked bedroom. Which he very much doubted. There was that nagging sense of familiarity, though. Where did he know this man from, apart from the night before? "Mm. S'ppose I should ring for tea, or klah. Hungry, pet?"

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:22 pm
"Oh no, I remember! I'm just..." He reached up, scratching at his scalp. Somewhere in the night, his tie had been lost, causing the mess of brown locks to fly about wild and free. "I'm a bit slow to wake up, Kraketh complains about it a lot. So does Fish." Sitting up properly, Jacomus reached out and stroked the blue flit's head when it got closer. "I AM sorry for barging into your room like that, though. Gold flight or not, still right rude of me." Pirate or not, as well. He shifted slightly, focus suddenly on Fish as he tried to tamper down the excitement at the prospect of actual hot klah and proper food. His stomach betrayed him, causing the pirate to blush. "That'd be lovely, yeah..."

Marsh landed on the bed next to Fish, regarding Casgar. The green flit tilted her head, then hop-walked up to him to properly inspect him. Whatever she decided, it was apparently good, as she settled on the blankets rather comfortably.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:32 pm

A small smile tugging the corner of his lips, Casgar whistled for a little Blue flit who, upon sensing his desires, went fluttering off to find the breakfast that he required. For two... no, make that four. He glanced up, taking noticed of the Green who had made her home on his bed, along with 'Fish'. "Hello there, pretty lady. What can I do for you?" he asked, the smile turning into a grin. He'd always liked the little things. They were charming most of the time, and when they weren't, well, it wasn't too much trouble to distract them or send them away. "Breakfast it is. And you have nothing to be sorry about. You were lost, if I recall correctly."

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:38 pm
Surprise passed over Jacomus' face at the sight of another blue flit. He then looked at Marsh, then Casgar, "No wonder Marsh likes you. She doesn't much warm up to other people, usually." He reached over, scratching behind her head knobs. The green flit let out a pleased sound, multifaceted eyes closing. "Just wants attention and a nice spot to lay, I suppose. And, yeah..." Clearing his throat, Jacomus looked back to Casgar, "I'm not usually... IN Weyrs, and this is my first time at Western. I had to send Fish and Marsh ahead to even show me what it looked like before we could make the jump between because of it." He hadn't fully covered places to go between to and from before he and Kraketh had left Southern. That had been... Shards, how long HAD it been? Ten turns already? How time flew, when one was busy stealing from people and breaking the hearts of hold folks.

When he quietly reached out to Kraketh, he got the response of somebody throwing a tantrum. The dragon was on a ledge only accessible by flight, which meant Jacomus was effectively grounded at Western.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:38 am

"Well, she's a cute one," Casgar said, watching the little Green as she accepted Jacomus's scratches. "I appreciate her vote of confidence." Which was quite true. Now glancing about his room, he caught sight of the robe that had fallen onto the floor in a crumpled heap. He'd definitely have to launder that. Come to think of it, his present company could still use some grooming... if only he could find a way to broach the subject that didn't hurt or anger the man. "Mm. I've traveled some over the Turns. It's occasionally necessary for my job. Selecting the best materials and supplies for the Weyr would be impossible if I didn't look further afield than our local craft halls and Holds. Tithing doesn't meet all of our needs."

And that was a very dull turn of conversation, shaffit. Ah well. Sometimes he was a dull man, at least where work was concerned.

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:50 am
Jacomus cleared his throat, unsure of how to broach the subject of just how he got his own possessions. The clothes he'd shown up in fitting at all had been a sharding miracle of chance when he'd stolen them right out of somebody's room... Where had that even been? Somewhere out near Nerat, he supposed. "I've been away from Weyrlife so long, I kind of forgot about tithing..." Unhelpfully, Fish produced an image of his cave near Tillek, with its treasures and trappings that suddenly seemed to mean nothing to the rider. A wave of sadness passed through him that made both flits look up, eyes whirling with concern for Their Human.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:59 am

"I think that unless you're in a position like mine you really don't pay much attention to... logistics." Casgar reached up and ran a hand through his own hair, sorting it out some. It was inclined to wave and curl anyway, so there was little to do about that. "I take it you intend to stay away from Weyr life?" he asked, glancing up at the man. The sudden sadness that crossed the man's face surprised him, and he could only wonder at it. How did one broach the subject of ... well. Outfitting the man? It wouldn't be much trouble at all to find him some new clothing that would fit him. Especially as Casgar knew a bit of tailoring himself. If the man wanted help, anyway. He might not.

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:10 am
"I... A bit, yeah... Maybe..." He stroked Fish' side, starting to get lost in thought.

From the ledge he found, Kraketh suddenly interrupted them both. He fears the responsibility being a bronze rider means.

A flush rose on Jacomus' face, brow furrowing. You stay out of this! He glanced at Casgar, then quickly away. Taking a breath, he asked, "What IS your position? You're not a rider, but you have all this space to yourself, so... What do you do in the Weyr?"  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:38 am

Casgar gave a little laugh at that. "Ah. Then you came to the right place. Bronzeriders don't have any special responsibilities here, other than the usual things expected of a wingrider. Have you never heard of Western? Having a metallic makes you no different than any other rider." Oh dear. How had this poor child gotten himself so confused? Who hadn't told him of their ways? Ah, but this turn of conversation required his attention. "I'm the Headman. Fell into the role of assistant headman when I didn't Impress, and about six Turns ago I was promoted when the previous head retired." His Blue returned, cheeping to get his attention and to alert him that food was on the way.

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:49 am
"I mean, I've heard OF it, very vaguely, but people at Southern said that if you were going to change Weyrs, go somewhere like Telgar, Benden, High Reaches, any of the older Weyrs because surely things were topsy-turvy at Western." He scratched the stubble on his cheek, frowning. "Already not sure if they were entirely wrong, but now you have me wondering if that's a bad... A bad... Did you say Headman?" The sadness of before had quickly been replaced as Jacomus looked at Casgar in shock. He'd found the rooms of the Headman... He had fallen in bed with the Headman. Childhood memories of Southern's Headwoman made themselves known, a woman that had terrified even his giant of a brother, P'tius. Marsh looked up, reflecting the images of the memories of the woman back to them in confusion, while Fish looked up and chittered at the other blue flit that had flown back in.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:54 am

"Stop that, Fidget," Casgar said, as his own little Blue began to fuss somewhat over the presence of other flits on his bed. Instantly silence reigned. "Mm. Well... the thing of it is that a Bronzerider can have responsibility if he strives for it, just as any other color rider may. It's merit based. If you want leadership and work to prove it, you may be voted into the position. However, that doesn't sound like something you'd personally care for." ... Ah. Casgar gave a faint smile at the man's surprise. "Yes. I did say Headman. Is that such a dreadful shock?" Headmen had needs too, after all. Especially during Flights.

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:02 am
For a moment, Jacomus watched the other blue flit, Fidget. He seemed to be displeased with the strange flits in the bed, and Jacomus wanted to reassure the creature, but his attention was soon back to Casgar. "So no assumption that if Kraketh catches a Gold, I might be elevated to, say, Weyrleader?" When he'd been young, only 18 turns, the thought had terrified him. Especially since the thought of being stuck with the Weyrwoman, who was by far a displeasing woman to be around, had made his stomach turn. But then his family had started talking, and then... Off he'd run. "And, um... You act nothing like the last Headperson I knew." At least, so far he acted nothing like that dreadful woman.  
[IC RP] Western Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff