Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:24 am
Varinia had a fairly specific bet, but it was interesting in that way at the very least. "The little purple egg, hmm?" Shalaera curled a lock of hair between her fingers, her other hand idly stroking the back of the bronze firelizard who leaned at the edge of the table to investigate the young woman. "Very well. I bet a green-clutch egg against an equivalent amount of marks that the little red egg at the back by the blue one will be the first to hatch - and it will impress a girl. Do you agree to those terms?"

Not that Shalaera had touched any of them to get a real feeling from any of them.

Shalaera bets that The Ghoul will hatch first and impress a girl.

Nilah44

Ameliah was given similar interest at her wager. "How specific! I do enjoy it when people are daring with their wagers," she smiled. "I will wager for the equivalent amount of marks that the first egg to hatch will be a blue and the last will be a brown. Do you agree to those terms?"

Shalaera bets the first dragon to hatch will be blue and the last will be brown
Waiver

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:04 am
demon_pachabel

Ameliah considered for a moment and nodded, "That's fair. I'll be around for the next few days, I'll come find you if I owe you any marks. Just ask for Ameliah or Sharath if you need us." She smiled broadly and straightened, adjusting her coveralls with a bit of a shrug before heading off. Now they had more of a reason to stay a little while!  

Waiver

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:19 am
Shahera wandered over to the lady. Betting, huh? With a lovely smile and a sly look, she told the lady definitively, "Dolmar will impress a Blue," after a pause she continued, "well, if he impresses at all that is."

Shahera bets that Dollar will impress a Blue.

[quote="demon_pachabel"  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:26 am
Oh-ho! A contradictory bet! How fun! The word 'blue' caused Mele's head to perk before he hissed, only calming when Laena chirpped with concern. Shalaera brushed a finger over the back of his head. Her grumpy firstborn. But she loved him for that, she guessed.

"A straight up blue, hmm? He's putting his bet on a bronze himself..." Shalaera considered the bet calmly before nodding. "Which mother are you betting on an egg from?" she motioned first to Laena, curled up with her blue mate, then Salia, still stretched out on her shoulder in her golden glory. "I will bet against the equivalent amount of marks that whatever dragon he impresses is smaller than average for it's color. Do you agree to those terms?"

Shalaera has bet Dolmar will impress a small dragon.

faesinger

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Mewsings of An Angel

Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:56 am
Kieza had been watching a throng of gathering people head toward a flame-haired woman and had been curious, but it was when the woman yelled out about betting out eggs from Firelizard breedings did Kieza become truly interested. The girl Candidate wandered toward the group, two firelizards both of a green hue clinging to her, one chirping excitedly at each person it saw, the other hiding against Kieza's necks, it's little head peeking out from beneath a curtain of brown hair. It crooned at the girl, clearly not enjoying the crowd at all, especially accompanied with how unfamiliar it was with the Western Weyr, but for now they had to deal with it, Kieza had to be on-hand in case of the Hatching.

As she finally made it up to the woman, Kieza blinked, and cleared her throat as she listened to the others around her placing bets. She wondered what would make a good bet, and finally piped up, though her voice was soft.

"I'd like to bet that it will be a brown who will hatch from the eggs first..." She said, her green eyes dancing at her own excitement for the Hatching to finally happen.

Kieza bets that it will be a Brown hatching first!

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:21 am
demon_pachabel

Shahera's grin grew even though it was already wide. "The lovely gold here." She indicated. "Yes, that is acceptable." It was tease worthy no matter who won the bet if either were correct.  

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:24 am
Arms crossed tightly over her chest and shoulder leaning up against a wall in the shadows, Amra watched carefully as Candidates and riders alike placed bets with the woman surrounded by so many fire lizards. Gray eyes were curious, watching with a mix of amusement and caution. Were she to be caught gambling, even if it were to her on herself or on the eggs, what fate would await her? Kicked off the Sands? Thrown from the Weyr for breaking a rule?

The possibilities of punishment were endless, but the game seemed harmless enough. One long finger traced the edges of her quarter mark. Would she bet on color, egg, Candidate, or would she bet on herself? There was not enough confidence in her to say if she would Impress, there were dozens and dozens of Candidates that would gather on the sands alongside her and the likelihood of Impression was slim.

Still...

"I'd like to take a bet." Amra held out the quarter mark in her hand for the older woman to see and a grin crossed her face. "I say the first egg to hatch will be the Goblin, who will impress a boy."

Still grinning she eyed the fire lizards about the woman and wondered what it must be like to have more than one. Maybe she would be so fortunate as to receive one if she didn't Impress, then she could train it to function much as Whirlwind to relay information. All the little spies.

Amra bets that the Goblin will hatch first and impress a boy!

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:52 am
Well, didn't this look interesting! Having drawn close enough to make out what was going on, Ladellan eyed the charming fits that the woman had, and thought. Hmm... He did have some marks to his name, but not a great amount. So while he would be willing to place a bet for a chance at an egg from the gold's future clutch, he didn't believe that he could afford it if his bet should fall through.

Still, an egg from the green' s current clutch would be no bad thing. Then, should he fail to Impress this time around, he at least wouldn't be entirely alone.

A grin hit his face as one of the other candidates declared that he'd Impress the largest bronze of the clutch. While he really couldn't fault the guy for dreaming big, he personally rather doubted it. Although, that did raise the interesting question of what sort of wager he would be willing to place...

Stepping forward, he came out with the first thing that he could think of. "I wager on one of your green's eggs that we'll see a gold dragon in this clutch," Del stated, as he reached in his pocket for a quarter mark.

Ladellan bets that there will be a gold hatchling!  

Ryala

Blessed Mage

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:35 pm
"For one of Salia's? Very well." Shalaera agreed to Shahera's bet and the gold bumped her entire body up against the woman's face, chittering and looking out at all of the interesting new people walking by! What was going on was only vaguely understood, but the gold didn't seem to particularly mind. "Come see me after the Hatching and we'll see if either of us are right!"

Faesinger

When Keiza approached the table, it was the two greens that clungy in varying states of interest to her shoulders that Shalaera noted first, 'hmm'ing at them briefly with a smile. While Mele remained firmly glued to Laena (who trilled sweetly at their new visitors), the bronze Artemision and brown Euboea suddenly moved up to the edge of the table to cheep interestedly at the pair of females. Salia flared and hissed at both of them, as if offended they would look away from her, before she settled again to watch the interlopers.

"Are you betting for one of my currently expected eggs from Laena," her hand drifted over to the little green curled up with her blue compatriot and the flitter bumped her head into Shalaera's hand with a sweet cheep, "or a future one from Salia?" her other hand moved to the huffy gold on her shoulder.

"I'll bet the equivalent amount of marks that the first to hatch will be a blue."

Shalaera is betting the first egg to hatch will be a blue.
Mewsings of An Angel

Amra's bet earned a knowing smile from Shalaera, who pondered briefly if she wanted to make the same bet this time as she had the last time. "Interesting. You're not the first to bet me that. Are you betting for a green-clutch egg or a gold-clutch egg?" she inquired, "I will bet that the first egg to hatch will be...." it seemed for this bet, she was changing up her story a little bit; "The small blue one and it will impress a boy. Is that acceptable?"

Shalaera is betting The Banshee will hatch first and impress to a boy.

Hattaki

Ladellan's bet made her brows rise slightly. A gold, hmm? "Well, there certainly are a few eggs big enough for that, aren't there?" but she also knew it had been at least a few turns since Western had birthed a queen. 3? maybe 4 at this time? "Very well. I wager that we do not see a girl impress a brown this clutch." She had heard the rumors of the new female brownrider over in High Reaches, after all.

Shalaera is betting that no girls will impress a brown.

Ryala

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:56 pm
demon_pachabel

Kieza blinked down at the two Flits with amusement as they approached and Bug quickly made her way from Kieza's shoulder to cling with tiny claws to the girl's sleeve, letting out a trill at the lovely boys, a tiny tongue flicking out as she spread her wings showing that she was definitely just as pretty as a huffy gold could ever be. Leaf, however, gave a long baleful look at the two, clearly interested by afraid to leave her hiding please. The fearful green flit let out a wavering note of a croon at the two boys, her long neck serpenting back and forth as she watched them.

Kieza patted Leaf's head with a finger, and winced as Bug's talons found purchase on her skin as the green strained closer, but clearly enjoying being higher above them. She shook her head, allowing it for the moment as Bug was insatiable about attention. Finally, she looked up at the woman and nodded, "I would love a chance at Salia's brood - I'd love to have a chance at a Gold flit someday." She said, feeling a wave of shock run through her flits of Really?! Why?? at the mention of wanting a Gold, but their thoughts almost immediately turned back to the boys. "I'll accept the counter-bet as well, I am so curious what might come out of any of the eggs. Hopefully... one is destined for me." She murmured, a whimsical look on the girl's face at the prospect of having a dragon companion, of becoming a rider.  

Mewsings of An Angel

Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Magical Girl 50

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:39 pm
"Ohh?" Strolling past though the Lower Caverns, Sunny heard the word 'bet' and her interest was piqued. She wandered over to the woman's table, listening with amusement to the various bets people were offering. "Sure, I got one." she said with a bright grin. She was always up for a bit of fun. And winnings aside, just the thrill of it added a little bit of excitement, and made watching the hatching just that little bit more interesting.
What do you think, love bug? she asked, checking with her dragon first.
Go for it!
"Alright, I bet that big old teal egg hatches a green or a blue." Sunny laughed.

Sunny bets the Gargoyle egg hatches a blue or green.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:49 pm
Mattavi was also drawn in by the noise and the murmur of wagers being thrown around. For a while she stood around and listened, interested in what everyone thought the hatching would be, from which eggs would hatch to what they themselves would impress. She heard the bet regarding a gold hatchling, and the woman's counter offer. Ah, that would be a shame, she thought. She'd always been kind of found of browns herself, so thought she wasn't planning on it, she did finally edge forward, speaking up. "I'll take the opposite of that bet, if you don't mind." she said to the beflitteted woman, on the hopeful notion that staking her luck on it might somehow bring it about.

Matti bets that a girl will impress a brown.  

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Protector of Cuteness 150

Teiha

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:06 pm
“A brown, you say? I’ll accept that bet.” Farinalgo’s brothers both went silent, glaring at the blond for placing the final bet without their input. He seemed not to notice, smiling at Shalaera with his full attention. “And as for the mother – I’d be interested in a hatchling with a gentler, more social temperament before concerning myself with its color. You would know better than anyone whose offspring would be more likely to suit. Should I win, would you do me the honor of choosing an egg for me?”

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:18 pm
A gentle baby, hmm? Shalaera looked down at her lovely green, knowing fully well that between the two potential mothers, Laena was definitely the sweeter. Then her eyes trailed up to Mele, who was full of huffing, hissing, and red eyes. That was where the problem was. Alas. "Very well. Should you win, I'll do just that," Shalaera nodded as she spoke. She'd certainly have to consider depending on how betting ended what would be the best bet. After all, Euboea had shown he'd be a very sweet mannered sire as well.

Someday. Someday.

"Check in with me after the Hatching...if you have time of course." Her sly smile implied the very true fact of a newborn dragon being a bit of a handful.

Teiha

Sunny's bet made the woman pause briefly. "A blue OR a green? Well, that's a very broad range. Are you betting for one of Laena's," she motioned to her green, "or one of Salia's?" the same hand gestured to the posturing gold on her shoulder. "I bet that same egg will impress to a girl."

Shalaera has bet the Gargoyle will impress to a girl.

Matti's counter-bet to her bet about the female brownrider made Shalaera 'hmmm' lightly. "Very well. Then I'll bet that if there is a gold in this clutch, it will not impress last. If there's no gold then you will owe me nothing if a brown doesn't impress to a girl."

Shalaera is betting that any gold in the clutch will not wait until the end to impress.

DruidTigeress

"Very well. I'll put you down for one of Salia's future brood." Shalaera nodded to Keiza, then turned her attention down to the green that was posturing back at her two (interested) boys. Euboea cheeped back at her as Artemision drew back, obviously more afflicted by Salia's own angry noises than the sweet tempered brown was.

Mewsings of An Angel

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:29 pm
L'ex never missed a hatching or well truly they never missed a feast. Who in the right mind missed a show and free food? They had dressed to impress or at the very last attract attention to themselves. A mid tone blue shirt with a plunging neck line showing off a long strip of very pale skin. Their favorite hat, the clean and padded skull of a rather large tunnel snake. A layer skirt of purple, fawn, and yellow fabric that reached mid calf and chunky black boots with a bit of heel. Their wrists were festooned in bangles.

Hmm? A bet? They perked up, wandering over, "A bet you say?" They considered, reaching up to rub their pointed chin before playing with a escaping white blonde curl. "How about there will be at least ten greens in the clutch but no more then thirteen," They offered, beaming charmingly.  
[IC RP] Western Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff