[PRP] Well then soldier, how goes the day? (Mari, Vossie) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

magnadearel

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:29 pm
Thaliawen

"I'm very glad to hear that. If you ever need help, and you feel like you can't go to the candidatemaster or anyone else, you come to me and Killakeeth, k?"

She chuckled softly for his surprise at being allowed to direct Killakeeth. I like the beach, the dragon replied thoughtfully. The sand is soft and warm. "And it gets every where," Vosin laughed. "Beach it is!" She wrapped a discrete steadying arm around his waist, just in case he should loose his balance and it wasn't like she was going to go faster than a sedate walk. Since Killakeeth had reached her adult size, she'd never lost her balance on the dragon.

Killakeeth rumbled happily in her chest as she started for the beach. Sitting on the beach was much more appealing than walking about the weyr for "exercise", and she could always go for a swim. "The water is nice. I like listening to the waves crash in. What do you like to do Mari? Were you an apprentice before you came here?"

Vos gave a laugh, "that you could tell better than I. If you don't know, then I could only say that you should tell him and see."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:23 am
"Alright," Mari agreed, and gave a nod. "I do have a couple friends. Saimwen showed up a while ago, and I've known him since I was ten. He's the one who found me when I was stealing from them." Maybe that didn't sound right--this woman was trusting him with riding her gold! "Erm. I'd run away from home and ran out of resources, so--" so he'd been starving. He'd assumed they could spare some fruit. "They're traders, so they took me into their caravan."

"I like making things," he said, vaguely, after a moment. "After I stopped traveling with them, I was apprenticed to a woodcrafter. I didn't stay there long though, before I was Searched, so all I really learned to make were toys. I can carve things, and make things work. I made this sprayer, it's just for fun. You fill it with water and--" he hesitated, realizing he was rambling. "It's probably not any good," he said, then. "I didn't perfect it, or anything. I made two of them to play with Dolly with on our rest days. I don't know any masters to show it to."

"What do you like to do on the beach, Killakeeth?" he asked.  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

magnadearel

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:10 pm
Thaliawen

Vosin gave a delightful laugh, "that sounds exciting! My twin and I once stole away on a trader caravan so we could see the world. Sadly we got caught." She gave a chuckle. It had been a great idea, too bad they hadn't gotten very far, but it was probably for the best now that she could look back on it. She would have given him a curious look if she hadn't been riding behind him. "Oh, so why did you run away from home? Where was your twin? That was good they took you in."

"Maybe you could show me sometime? If you still do that that is." She found his descriptions interesting. Vos hoped he'd keep up woodcarving as his second craft. "I bet the cretch kids would love it if you made them some toys. I'm sure you could find someone here to get approval if you really feel you need it."

I like to nap on the warm sands, and swim in the cool water. Do you like swimming Mari? The dragon kept up her easy gait. With her ground eating strides, it wouldn't take them much longer to reach the beach.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:04 pm
“Because my brother was sent to be an apprentice,” Mari said. “There was nothing at home for me. With him gone, our father got worse. I knew I wasn’t wanted, so I left.” He shook his head. He didn’t want to think about negative things.

“I could do that. I made something for Dolly, I’m going to give it to him at the feast. I knew all along that he’d Impress.” He’d expected a bronze, even a brown—but the blue Dolly had Impressed was certainly impressive. “Do you think so? I don’t have much time, though.” With chores and lessons, it’d been hard to find time to finish the gift he’d made for D’mar.

“I love swimming! I’d swim all day if I could.”  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

magnadearel

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:17 pm
Thaliawen

"Ah," that made sense. Particularly if they had been as attached as she and Vesin were. "I'm glad you're both in a better place now! You are most certainly wanted here Mari! Don't let anyone tell you otherwise or you bring them to me!" Killakeeth gave a dark rumble to emphasize her rider's point.

"What did you make?" She was dying of curiosity. If he didn't tell her, she'd stalk him at the hatching feast to find out! "Hmmmmm, I do. But if it's too much for you, you don't have to. I thought the candidatemaster liked candidates to learn a second skill just in case they don't impress. If you tell him you're working on that, I'm sure he'll schedule you some free time."

She grinned as he said he loved to swim. "Too bad we didn't bring our swimsuits eh? Oh well, next time perhaps." Then you can swim with me some day. Afterwards we can sleep on the warm beach. Just at that point the gold reached the beach. She moved out so they could easily see the waves coming in.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:49 pm
Mari couldn’t risk telling her, not when D’mar might hear before he gave it to him. Dragons were always listening, and he was sure even newborn dragons kept in the loop. “It’s a surprise,” he said, instead.

Next time? Marinel pauses to smile. He’d made a friend, on this otherwise crummy day. “I’d like that,” he said.”We can go swimming together. Do you like firelizards, Killakeeth?” He asked. “I have a green.”  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

magnadearel

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:21 pm
[qu ote="Thaliawen"]

"Aawww poo," Vosin laughed. "Then I'll have to find you during the feast to find out." She made it sound like a threat. The feast should be fun, but she knew there would also be a hint of sadness there. It was a time to relax and come to terms with everything. She hoped the candidates and weyrlings would be alright.

"Great! Let me know your next free day, and we'll set something up." At a silent request, Killakeeth knelt down and offered her foreleg for her riders to dismount. I do like them. They are quite entertaining Mari. Do you? Is she old enough to fly? Killakeeth turned a blue-green eye upon him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vosin helped Mari down from the large gold, making sure he didn't hurt himself. Killakeeth settled down into the sands, then allowed the humans to rest against her broad side so the trio could easily watch the waves come in until it was time to return back to their duties. After delivering Mari back to the main Weyr, Vosin headed off to finish her chores.

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff