[ORP] A Little Night Music [Open] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:57 pm
Even if he wasn't entirely certain about their shinier company, Menankith didn't let it dampen the appreciative thrum he had for Aurinkoth - if anything, it deepened it, and he butted his head against his brother's in turn. Do you think Yours would fix it for her? He was positively delighted that that might be a possibility, although he had no idea how one might 'fix' clothes beyond the limited sewing-up of rips or tears that His sometimes did. Elzebuth's is much larger than Mine, so if she can fix his clothing, Mine's should be easy! Needless to say, the young brown had no concept of the differences in relative difficulty of tailoring various types of clothing. They were all just things that people wore, although he did think that His had very good taste.

Relief flooded her when Menankith announced that their friends had arrived, and Nadry was so glad to see Ichta that in that moment, she could have hugged her! She didn't, but...she really could have. The urge was there, even if she didn't act on it. It would have been a bit silly. "Ichta!" she delighted, releasing some of her tension now that she had the reasurance of known company. But then she mentioned that she looked lovely, and a flush rose to the brownrider's cheeks as she twisted her hands and looked imploringly at her friend. "I do? Do you really think so? I...I could hardly get it on," she confessed quietly, guiltily, and pulled at her wrap. As for how she was doing, well, at that precise moment, she looked a cross between miserable and terrified. "I'm fine, though. I...was fine until I put this sharding dress on. And you? You look nice."

Ichta always looked nice, Nadry thought. And her clothes fit.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:57 pm
K'ladan of Bronze Razasith

It never took much to convince the burly dreadhead to meet at social gatherings, K'ladan was a man that basked in the spotlight and withered when left to his own devices too long. With so many riders and candidates gone to Western Weyr, and for such a damnably long time to boot, he had been in a considerably depleted mood. It wasn't just the lack of people but, too, the knowledge that some might not return whole from a hatching - or at all.

The Bronze Rider wore his usual thick, furred coat against the chill of the winter night but had swapped out his riding leathers for a neat red tunic and brown trousers that were tucked into high, dark boots. As he paused just long enough at the entrance to brush the bit of gathered snow from his cowl, he let his whiskey-gold eyes make an initial sweep of the room. Mulled wine was there, food was there - and, oh. I'llian!

The mask of his face broke from its reserved contemplation at once as he crossed the room in a few great strides, displaying a smile not only at the goblet he grabbed and slipped away with but also at the fair man tucked away into a chair and, he assumed, his own little world. In a scarce couple of minutes, the dark skinned man had braced an arm along the back of I'llian's chair so that he could lean into it and peer over the smaller figure's shoulder at the first strokes of charcoal on the stark, empty parchment. Somewhere in the back of his thoughts, Razasith was humming with pleasant familiarity - he had always liked Xith's.

"What's the subject tonight?" No hellos or pleasantries, just typical K'ladan and his friendly intrusions.

tatterpixie

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:06 pm
magnadearel

Given the strict schedule they kept to, it was no surprise at all that R'gan was still studying when he heard the gold's announcement. He leaned back on his chair, turning towards his dragon. "Were you thinking of turning in now, Bas?" he asked.
I was. The dark blue rumbled from his couch. He cracked one eye open to look at his rider. Why?
Sounds like there's a little gathering right now. I was thinking of going.
If we are not well rested before tomorrow's lesson we will not be able to perform at our best.
I know.. R'gan said, a little remorsefully. He wanted more than anything to meet Basanuth's high expectations of him. But he was also only fifteen. Every now and then he needed a night off.

All he got in return, however, was a wave of pride and affection. Nonsense, Mine. You have met my every expectation and exceeded it. If you wish to go, you should go!
You sure? he asked with a grin. What about you?
Closing his eye, Basanuth rumbled happily in contented amusement. I will be here. I will be rested enough for both of us. he said. Go, Mine. Enjoy yourself. There is more than one way to recharge.

Changing from his rough work clothes into something more gather appropriate, R'gan headed out towards the Lower Caverns. He noticed Menankith and Aurinkoth by the entrance, and lifted a hand. "Hey you two." he greeted the dragons, smiling. If they were out here, then that meant their riders must be inside, so at least he wasn't the only weyrling coming. Still, it wasn't a weyrling, but a candidate that first caught his eye as he went inside.

"Nala, hey!" he said with a wide smile, delighted to see her there. It'd been too long since he'd seen her, with weyrling lessons and Basanuth's hard-headed determination, it was hard to find the time. He didn't fail to notice who else was here too, and he put an arm around her shoulder as he pulled her into a small sideways hug, leaving it there afterwards. "Paying respects first?" he asked, following along after he'd released her shoulder.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:14 pm
Kinyegele

If her sisters were going, Kinye was bound to be trailing right after them. She'd passed up the opportunity to stand at Western with gusto, simply not wanting to risk having to live at the foreign Weyr for 5 years. Not when everybody she loved was at High Reaches. Certainly, however, she'd missed out on her first chance to stand and her chance to see the other Weyr. Where both of her sisters wore dresses that matched in colors to their bonded, Kinye simply went with a purple. It simply had matched her colors the best and she made many a big decision on such little pieces of information.

"Oh, you two look so pretty!" Kinye said, clapping her hands together as she entered the Dining Hall from the Candidate Barracks. Certainly, some coordination had been in place, but not necessarily as easy as it could have been if she'd had a dragon.

How long would it be until she'd actually have a clutch in High Reaches to stand for?

"Not a lot of Candidates here yet, though..."

Dea and #Teddy#

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Masterharper
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:40 pm
Olliah & gold Fianth
Everything looked warm and welcoming, just as the Weyrwoman Second had hoped. While it was cold outside, the Dining Hall was comfortably warm, and she knew with more and more arrivals, no one would need be uncomfortable. It might not be the most lavish gathering, but she had wished to quietly thank, and appreciate, those riders and weyrfolk who had stayed behind to keep High Reaches functioning. Gratitude went a long way, and Olliah wanted to ensure that those present knew this was for them. A rider had their duty to serve, certainly, but that didn't mean she couldn't appreciate the work they did. Not every rider and dragon had returned to fight the great enemy, after all.

So, the woman waited -- and if she waited alone, than so be it. If no one chose to come out this winter night, she would not begrudge them. The life of a rider was busy, and exhausting at times. The fact that she'd pulled herself away from her own work was a bit of a rarity -- she had no expectations of what would come of this night.

Thankfully, she did not have to wait long.

The first one to arrive was W'dre. She recognized the pale, red-haired man immediately. He'd been one of the few who had offered to help with the initial set up, and Olliah had certainly needed the extra set of hands. Her smile was warm and welcoming, and she gave him a dip of her head in thanks. "And you're looking quite handsome as well, W'dre. That shade of red suits you." She returned the compliment, ever sincere. He was a young handsome man, and that he'd taken time to dress up for the occasion pleased her. At least she wasn't the only one to have passed on the usual riding gear and work clothes. "You've been more than enough help, really. Without you, I might still have been moving tables and chairs. I think the only other thing I'd need is for you to enjoy yourself tonight. You, and everyone else, certainly deserve a small respite from all the hours you put in." The bronze rider needn't have worried -- he was free from any further requests. Maybe. She considered asking if he might help with the cleanup, once the party finished, but refrained; she was the first to arrive, and would be the last to leave. She'd clean up alone or with Padmia and her assistants later -- she wasn't going to hang a cloud of further work on any of the riders or weyrfolk. Tonight was a time for dancing, merry-making, and revelry.

When Al'ndru entered and headed over, she gave a dip of her head to the other. She was surprised to see him -- she knew that the bronze rider tended to be a bit more aloof than some of the riders out there -- but she was pleased at his arrival all the same. They had been weyrlings together, and though they had not been close -- Zheria had kept Olliah well under her wing from an early age -- she was always pleased to see her fellow compatriots. They had gone through much together. "Would it be so terrible if it were?" She spoke gently, though her eyes sparkled with mirth. "I don't mind a smaller gathering myself, though I suppose it's unbecoming for a weyrwoman to say such a thing." She smiled at the two, not at all fussed by such a confession. Just because she rode a queen did not mean she enjoyed being in the lime light. Zheria might enjoy her position, but there were aspects of it Olliah did not care for. She never had the raw charm or power Zheria possessed; she was more of a sidenote, the quiet help and support role. After things with K'ienn went haywire, Olliah struggled all the more to enjoy being the center of attention. At least with smaller, more intimate groups, she could be herself as opposed to simply a tool. "If nothing else, it would mean more wine to go around....ad that's something I know you wouldn't object to, Al'ndru."

Ah, but if the bronze rider had hoped for booze to share, he would be disappointed as a few others began to enter. Olliah smiled and lifted a hand in greeting to Jynnat and Makimto. When Ly'bur approached and took her hand, Olliah gave a small smile, and a dismissive shake of her head. "It is the least I can do for such fine individuals. I hope you're able to enjoy yourself, Ly'bur, truly." She gently extricated her hand, though her gentle smile never wavered.

Though she did notice Nalacko, and dipped her head at the approaching Candidate. She didn't know her, but did not want any to feel unwelcome, or as if she was unapproachable.

When Alumet arrived, she acknowledged the young queen rider with her usual warmth and grace. The weyrlings were growing up and growing up quick. She knew that V'mel had plans for flight lessons, and that was always a marvelous stepping stone. No, very soon, Alumet would stand with the ranks of the other gold riders of High Reaches and would come well into her own. Unlike Zheria, who had a certain air of superiority about her at all times, Olliah was far more mild. She did not see herself as better than any of the other queen riders; simply one that had been given extra responsibilities and duties. But any one of the High Reaches queens could one day take her, or Zheria's, place. Honestly, Olliah would be proud of any of them if they did. "Ah, Alumet. I do hope you are able to find time to enjoy yourself once in a while. You're young yet, ambitious, perhaps, but I promise there's more to life than archives, clutch charts, and etiquette." She smiled fondly at the young girl, hoping that the other might head her advice. Alumet might have work to do, but she also had freedom that Olliah did not. "You've the rest of your life to slave away in those archive rooms. Enjoy your free time while you still have it, especially for those of us who cannot." Her words were light and happy, teasing in a way. Olliah had always had an unhealthy addiction to hard work -- she did not wish Alumet to be the same.

Glancing above Alumet's head, Olliah did not miss the arrival of Rune and Rhys. There was the slightest arch of a brow -- while Rhys looked fine, Rune was a mess. Fianth.... What on Pern.... Still, she would not dismiss her present company. Yet. No, she would need to find a moment to catch them both. Cornering them immediately might cause Rune to bolt, and she did not want the girl lost on a gold night. No. She'd give them both time to settle in first.

I will watch them, Mine. They will not go far without your knowledge. The queen shifted on her ledge. Just because she could not see the two did not mean she could not keep an "eye" on them. Telepathy had its advantages, after all. Reaching out to Rune the queen gently touched the other to speak. Are you sure you're feeling well enough to attend? I see you are more banged up than you were earlier this evening. There was no judgment in the queen's tone -- simply alarm and concern. As these two were in her rider's care, so they were now in Fianth's heart. She would treat them as if they were hers -- little hatchlings with whom to fuss.

Though concerned, she did not let her feelings show. Instead, she turned to the next arrival, G'er. Bowing in return, she smiled at the man. "No need for such formalities here, Wingleader G'er. I feel similarly, and am glad you, and so many others have taken time to arrive." Ah, the pleasure she felt by seeing a room full of her beloved friends, family, riders, and weyrfolk. It warmed her heart, and for now, she couldn't possibly feel lonely or isolated. For just this moment, no one out ranked anyone, and they could all simply enjoy the evening together as a group. "I do hope Ironith is well." She glanced at those around her who might have lingered. " And all of Yours, really."

Fianth was settled upon her ledge, watching the young weyrlings and older dragons settle on various perches and ledges. She sent a warm, silent greeting to all the dragons and dragonets, sharing her riders warmth and welcome with the dragons who had chosen to attend as well.

But her blue-green eyes turned a deeper purple as she heard the familiar wingflaps of a certain blue. Without missing a beat, she shifted her position so Krahsujunth might have a bit more room with which to settle. He was quite large for a blue, and she could not contain her pleasure in his arrival. Privately, she reached out to send him a wave of fondness. My Krahsujunth. If she wanted to say more, she did not quite have the words, for her fondness, her love, washed over the blue like a wave greeting the shore. The pale queen was pleased to have the other near.

demon_pachabel

BastetAmun

magnadearal

-_Wish of Tevarae_-

Waiver

ShinosBee

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:17 pm
I'llian of Blue Xith

So involved in his art was I'llian that he didn't notice K'ladan's arrival until the bronzerider braced himself against I'llian's chair and asked what he was drawing. Even so, the red-haired bluerider didn't start; he and K'ladan were age-mates and clutch-mates, raised together from an early age as weyrbrats. The two were as opposite as could be: tall, dark, outgoing bronzerider and small, pale, shy bluerider. Yet they were friends, and good ones at that.

"Just the folks milling about over there with Olliah," I'llian replied easily, not bothering to glance up from his work. He was usually reluctant to show his art to anyone -- it was pretty much for him and him alone -- but K'ladan was one of the very few exceptions. He held up the sketchbook for the other to examine, knowing he wouldn't be judged for the quality of the art or the fact he was doing it at all and not mingling. "I'm enjoying drawing her outfit. The fur is particularly fun."

Lowering the book, he finally looked up at his friend, the faintest hint of a rare smile on his face. He raised a red eyebrow. "I thought for sure you would have gone to Western with the others."

Felyn

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:32 pm
Lying awake in her bed, Tia was having trouble sleeping. The weyr was so quiet. Everyone was gone. Only a few months out of the crecche, it was hard to adjust to the sudden lack of so many people around her. She was used to things always been noisy, and crowded. Smells from the kitchen wafting through her bed at night. Murmered voices in the halls forming a white noise outside her bedroom.

Not that it was bad here. The quiet was nice sometimes too. And it wasn't so bad with Olliah and everyone else around. But at night.. It was harder not to notice the difference.

Wrapping a blanket around her, she shuffled out of bed, looking for attention. "Finny.." she mumbled, leaning against the back flank of the dragon's leg. "Where'd everyone go?"

Masterharper
Little tag for Fianth ^-^

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:59 pm
Weyrling Jynnat and Blue Begath

With half an ear, Jynnat could tell Begath was happy and in good company. That left her free to enjoy herself. She noted a few riders, some of the weyrlings in her group, and a few candidates. Not bad considering the weather and all.

He politely moved aside as more people went to enter. Menankith! It is good to see you. Has yours also entered to attend? His eyes whirled an eager blue. I am looking forward to hearing the music. What about you? The blue bugled a greeting to those of his siblings as he spotted them gathering around the outside and on ledges. They are going well Ironith! My Jynnat says this stuff is snow, I think it is really the tears of many dragons falling from the sky.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Candidate Makimton

It didn't take him long to help himself to a large plate of food, and a big glass of warmed cider. Maki found himself an empty seat, which wasn't hard right now, and started to dig into his meal. First he'd fill his belly, then worry about socializing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rider Ly'bur and Brown Hinburath

Ah well, at least he'd tried to get something from her. Another time then. Slowly he drifted off and watched the heads gather as they were wont to do. Same old same old there. Ly'bur drifted around until he spotted I'llian sitting by himself and clearly working on something. Another rider soon went over to join him. What was this? He moved to come up behind the blue rider and peer over his shoulder at the sketchbook. "Not bad."

While his rider was hovering over another's shoulder, Hinburath was lurking above the dragons outside. He noted which weyrling dragons and which adult dragons had come to roost where. His tail flicked impatiently side to side as he waited for them to talk about something interesting. One of the blue weyrlings commented on the snow. Really?, his thought purred to himself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Candidate Nalacko

She had been doing her best to avoid her father, relief filled her as R'gan showed up. Nala leaned into his protective arm, no longer worried her father might pop up. The quiet node from Olliah was certainly enough for her, and she was ready to move off as soon as R'gan was. "It's only polite. I was afraid you wouldn't have time to spot by." She looked around the dining hall, "it felt strange with so many people gone for the hatching. It feels strange and fun to be having a party of our own. How's Basanuth tonight?"

The weyrlings were all getting so big now! She couldn't wait to see them start flying. "Any word on when they'll have the first paired flights?"

Meepfur
Begath replied to Menankith

Waiver
Begath replied to Ironith

tatterpixie
Ly'bur is being nosy about I'llian's sketchbook.

DruidTigeress
R'gan

magnadearel

Masterharper
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:32 pm
C'lusi & blue Macuith
Hurry, Mine! There are others already there -- including a cute bronze! Macuith was still, but the tip of his forked tail twitched back and forth as the blue dragon waited for his rider to finish changing.

Patience, love. Who knows who we'll meet?

The young man had always liked to dress to impress. No matter the situation, he always strove to look his best. Even if they were doing nothing but chores and physical labor, he somehow managed to pull off looking fine even in work clothes or covered in grit and sweat. Or at least he thought he looked so fine... if others had their own opinion, C'lusi didn't care. He was too confident in his himself and his fine taste to believe otherwise.

So it was, the man ran fingers through his long hair. He had decided to be daring and leave it loose, so it fell down his shoulders and back in pools of golden brown. He did slip a small leather cord in a pocket, just in case he grew tired of it falling into his face. He wore a deep blue jacket, dyed to match Macuith's shade of darker blue, with trim in the color of his dragon's paler blue stomach and chest. It had been a gift from his mother for Impressing, and he had wanted an excuse to wear it. Beneath it he wore a silver shirt, that opened up just like so, and fitted his body well in case the jacket needed to be removed. He work black pants that hugged him in just the right way, and knee high leather riding boots with silver buckles. To tie it all together, he wore a black belt, and silver accessories -- silver earrings, a silver choker with a small blue sapphire, and a few loose silver bracelets.

He checked himself out in the mirror, satisfied, and with a broad smile, headed out into the snow. He clambered astride Macuith, and off the little blue went! He kicked up snow, and gave a happy bugle of greeting to all the dragons nearby upon his sure-footed approach. If his run turned more into a dazzling strut, it couldn't be helped. He knew he looked just as fine as his rider, and wanted all eyes on him. His eyes whirled a happy blue-green as he deposited his rider near the entrance, and then he turned to greet some of his clutch sibs and Ironith in turn. Look at all you lovely dragons here tonight. The snow falls beautifully upon your wings, Aurinkoth; and beloved Menankith, how striking a figure you cut! Sweet Begath, you are as stunning as the stars above; Zenobiath, you are looking more radiant everyday; Monath, gorgeous green, it is so nice to see you this cold evening; and Ironith, my oh my, I don't think we've yet officially met, handsome stranger though you are. The blue might not have been yet able to chase, but that did not mean he hadn't picked up all sorts of interesting, complimentary tidbits from fellow Weyr dragons, or even his own rider, and his rider's sister for that matter. He was no fool blue, and never hesitated to try to make friends through oodles of sincere compliments. He did mean every word -- this blue could find beauty in anyone.

C'lusi, for his part, shook off a bit of snow once he entered, and ran fingers through his slightly damp hair to push it back and out of his face. His eyes drifted over the room, admiring all the beautiful men and women of the Weyr, taking note of who was here and who was not. His sister was settled over on that side of the room, with a small but growing crowd; two handsome strangers were sitting apart, with one possibly drawing; a few unknowns were settling in, getting food, and drink; and then there was Nadry and Ichta, cutting quite the lovely figures together.

Really now... how could they not be surrounded by interested parties? Sauntering over in his usual fashion, he cleared his throat as he arrived, and offered both Ichta and Nadry a low, gentlemanly bow. When he looked up, though, he was all smiles, his eyes bright with his usual mirth. "Ah, good evening ladies. I hope I'm not interrupting... but I did want to stop over and say how lovely it is to see you both outside of lessons. You both look absolutely resplendent." Like dragon, like rider, the young bluerider meant every word.

demon_pachabel

Meepfur

magnadearel

Waiver

Dea and #Teddy#

((I tried to round up all the dragons outside but....I probably missed a ton. LOL I'll likely have Macuith greet them in later posts. Compliments for everyone!!))

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:37 pm
W'dre

Olliah's comment about the tunic made him glance down at it with an awkward shuffle of his foot. Did he actually look OK? Why did that really matter? The silence characteristic of the man seemed to settle in as he considered the compliment before the mind of his bronze brushed it away. Thank you, is the proper response. I know that. Then don't act like a fool simply because she said it. W'dre gave the mental equivalent of a brush off of his shoulder to dismiss Dormith's helpful advice. "Thank you, I was happy to help. The offer would still be open if you...decide you need it later," he didn't fumble over his words, exactly, but he spoke them with lack of confidence that came with not speaking often.

Still, he didn't linger - which was a lie, because in a way he did. W'dre stepped out of the group that was assembled and giving their greetings to the Weyrwoman second, but he didn't exactly move entirely out of reach.Though he did take his time, looking over the rest who had begun to assemble. Music and food was nice, and it had been some time since the last time they'd really had much to celebrate. A handful of their own had impressed according to what Dormith had heard - though the one candidate even barely on his radar had remained at HR. So it wasn't particularly exciting to him.

Only once the bronze he was tethered to asked of it, did he make his way to the tables to actually look over what had been put out. A creature of habit, W'dre was fine with a simple meat roll.

Masterharper

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:39 pm
K'ladan of Bronze Razasith

K'ladan's eyes followed I'llian's direction, swinging up to find Olliah and the group that had gathered round the woman. He could see why the bluerider enjoyed the outfit - he was hard put to find any argument with it himself even if he wasn't concerned with drawing tufts of fur.

Aware of his friend's attention upon him fully at last, he dropped his gaze before it became impolite and met the redhead's cool stare. At first his answer was only a short, sigh of laughter followed by a half-hearted smile. The bronzerider had a penchant for deflecting with humor whenever he wasn't quite sure what to say - a habit that his age-mate wasn't likely to miss after so long.

"You'd think that, wouldn't you?" His dark, wide fingers drummed the back of I'llian's chair in a rare display of discomfort, "I guess I'm just not -"

Saved by the figurative bell, K'ladan's brows furrowed a bit at the sudden intrusion of the new brownrider and his words immediately clipped off. Apart from stepping to the side and relinquishing his place where he was draped over the chair, however, he said nothing much about it. Instead just buried his face in his mug and took a large sip of mulled wine before he plopped down carelessly in the chair adjacent to I'llian's so that he might settle his eyes on the newcomer's face.

"Ah, he's damn good, actually." Except K'ladan, for one, knew the bluerider was about to clam up over the uninvited critique.

tatterpixie

magnadearel

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:59 pm

My dearest brother, Cynosuth crooned softly to Aresoth, as at last she made an appearance. My beloved siblings. Hello. Still so small, the little star tread softly until she came to rest near her dear brothers and sisters. How pleasant to see them, although she saw them every day. Her eyes glowed with purples, blues, and greens, and she curled her tail delicately about her small form.

Dr'stan walked beside his lady, a hand coming to rest upon her soft hide. He was at something of a lost in a crowd like this one. While many might know well how to party, the dragonhealer was not quite so canny. And so he stood, and so he watched. His darling Green had wanted to visit with everyone, and so visit they would. Ready or not.

BastetAmun
Tarot Weyrlings

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Masterharper
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:11 pm
DruidTigeress

ShinosBee
So Krah knows there is a smol one there should he land.

Gold Fianth
As she waited for Krah, the queen felt the tiniest of shifts. It was not Rune or Rhys, but someone else -- the littlest baby. The littlest baby who should have been asleep. Turning her head, the queen turned to regard the small Tia, wrapped up tight in a blanket. Immediately, she shifted her tail, wanting to wrap it protectively closer to the small one who cuddled her flank. It was cold out, and she did not wish the child to catch cold.

Littlest One -- they have stepped out to the Dining Hall for some entertainment. Come closer, sweetling, and curl up beneath my wing. It is too cold this night, and I wish you comfortable. Are you quite all right? Or is it too hard to sleep? This was, perhaps, the only thing that could have pulled her attention from Krahsujunth -- though another part of her was still sending the blue her fondest love and care.

Perhaps he would not begrudge the small one. She was just a little hatchling, and far more delicate than the dragonets playing in the snow below. The queen lifted her wing, crooning encouragement for the girl to approach. She did not want her close to the edge of the ledge, and would retreat a few steps back once it was safe to do so. Her eyes whirled a blue-green, though the edges were still a deep purple for Krah.

Settle against me with your furs, and we shall keep you warm. She would see what the girl wanted, before calling out to Olliah. Her rider so rarely had time away -- and if she called her back now, then she knew she would not return to the party. But if Tia was in need, then the queen would not hesitate.

For now, though, Krah and she could keep the little one warm, and safe, and cozy.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:13 pm
Ichta and Aurinkoth

She may be able to! I know myIchta could at least make a new one if Nadry wanted it. That's what mine does for Elzebuth's. Aurinkoth explained. Ichta made so many tunics for the browrider. Huh.

And yet more siblings arrived! Aurinkoth trumpeted happily as Monath and Macuith came to join their little herd outside of the dining hall, the blue bumping his head again against Menankith's before trotting over to greet both Monath and Macuith with their own headbumps of joy. Monath! You stick out so nicely against the snow! And Macuith! Such a grand entrance! How nice! the blue paced in a tight circle, almost as if he was trying to catch his tail before he settled back onto his hind legs in a moment of calm. Oh, maybe more of their siblings would come out to play! It would be very good if they did!

"Oh it looks perfectly fine. Just wait until...until.." as if the blood was rushing from her face, Ichta paled visibly. "We'll be running around fighting Thread before long. If you're worried about it being too tight, I could..do something. I mean, we're growing as much as our Dragons are so if you think you need to go to a taller size I can try to do something." What was this about weight? Ichta simply assumed growing pains. The comment about her own tunic made Ichta look down at it. "It's warm at least. I want to make a few more in what time I have before it gets too cold. Especially if we're going to be flying." It was all practical as far as she was concerned.

They weren't to be alone for much longer, as the familiar face of C'lusi came to join them. She offered the young man a smile. "Oh no, you're not interrupting anything! You're looking well this evening as well. Aurinkoth seems thrilled to see Macuith," she offered as well, though she did have to hold in a bit of a blush at the maybe-too-much-for-Ichta compliment.

Aurinkoth, however, latched onto that and perhaps in some learned slyness, had a thing or two to send to his absent brother. Elzebuth. Ichta is getting some attention down here. What would yours think of such a thing? Slightly conspiratorial? Maybe. Such conspiratorial thoughts came to an end, however, as Cynosuth came to join their group, and the blue moved to join her, bumping the side of his head against hers with a soft croon of affection. Cynosuth! You and yours have come out! How wonderful to see you! There would always be a special affection for the green that perhaps was because their eggs had been so near, but at the very least he'd share it.

Meepfur

Masterharper

Tsunake
Because Aurinkoth is a troll, apparently.

Mx Cherie

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:46 am
That would make Mine very happy! he replied to Aurinkoth, though before he could say more, even more siblings were arriving!  Menankith returned R'gan's greeting with a friendly croon.  Good, another of Nadry's friends!  She would certainly feel better!  It was a pity Basanuth hadn't come along, the brown would miss his kindred spirit.  But he would not disturb him, if he did not wish to attend.  Instead, he said to Begath, She has!  She is with Aurinkoth's.

Looking forward to?  He didn't know about that, but- oh, Macuith was coming!  And Cynosuth!  Eyes whirling blue and green, he answered his less saturated blue clutchmate but expanded the thought for the others to hear, I am glad to spend this night with my blue brothers and green sisters.

Macuith!
he trumpeted, and when complimented held his head a little higher, and his wings just so.  It was good to be appreciated sometimes! (Not that his rider didn't appreciate him.  There was no lack there!) You are a welcome sight, this cold evening.  As are you, lovely sister Cynosuth.

Inside, Nadry had just been about to reply to Ichta - reassured for the moment that it wasn't painfully obvious that her dress wasn't quite right, and that she might be able to help her fix it, among other things - when a certain other bluerider approached and any further discussion of the fit of her dress became an absolute no.  Inwardly, she edged on panic: she really, really shouldn't have worn this stupid dress!  C'lusi, of course, looked perfect.  Did he ever not?  His hair was loose, and lovely, and... She pulled her wrap a little tighter again, reining in wayward thoughts, and greeted him with a curtsy and a dip of her head in modest acceptance of the compliment, albeit with a flush she couldn't quite school.

Ichta spoke first, giving her an extra few moments to unglue her tongue from the roof of her mouth so that she could at least pretend to be calm and composed, and she smiled. "You're a fine match for Macuith this evening," she noted. "It's too bad our boys have all outgrown the door."

Dragons, dragons were safe subject matter.  Much safer than how everyone was looking.

demon_pachabel

Masterharper

Mx Cherie

magnadearel

DruidTigeress

Dea and #Teddy#

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers