[PRP] What is that Broom for? (Rizdax & Shar) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:22 pm
A rare smile pulled Shar's lips up just a bit as Riz got to his feet. There was a bit of a grimace on his face as he did so but he obviously wasn't in enough pain to stop the tour. She liked people that had a bit of grit to them. Thread was dangerous and painful, yes, but he had been out of true danger for a while now and all that was left was the burn from the wounds. Mind over matter was important and a good rider would be able to block out pain in a heated moment.

"This way," she said, bringing him towards the steps she had hopped down. She didn't intend on showing him everything just yet, but her tour began with some of the Weyrs where the riders and their dragons lived. There were beasts of all sizes roaming around with their riders not far away, flits dashing through the air playing with one another, and a general sense of business without being overwhelming. Shar enjoyed the smoothness of it all and she walked through the crowds slowly so Rizdax could get an eyeful of everything.

From there she showed him where he'd be living eventually as a Candidate and toured him around the building where classes and lessons took place. Hopefully he'd be in a room over here soon and things could begin to progress in that sense for him. There were other Candidates around their age, some younger, and a few that were older that passed them as she toured the area and occasionally one stopped to ask her something. It was usually one of the newer Candidates, ones like Riz that had come in as a refugee.

Finally their loop brought them back to the healer's wing and Shar paused outside the door with a satisfied look on her face.

"Well. That's the quick tour. I've got to get to classes soon so I'll have to leave you here, but I think that's a good scope of the place. You'll see a lot more later, of course, but you've got your bearings now at least."

Hattaki

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:38 pm
Blinking at her smile, unsure of how he should take it but certain that she wouldn't have offered it up unless he had earned it in some strange way, Rizdax followed after her on his bare feet, careful to watch for where he was walking. Not that it was easy to do that with everything that he was seeing, Shar was taking him down some places that he hadn't even thought to go, passages twisting and twining through the stones of the Weyr. It was dizzying at first and then he started to focus on the dragons and fire lizards and everything passing by him and noticed the rainbow of colors that they cut against the cool gray of the stones surrounding them. It was amazing. It was breathtaking. It was everything that he felt he'd been missing in the last few weeks as he lay in bed staring at stone the same color as the corridors around him now. Now there was life being lived around him instead of death and sickness dragging him down.

For the first time since the skies rained down death he felt like he was truly alive again and his pulse quickened a bit as his heart hammered against his ribs. The Candidate barracks were a different sort of thing to him, he'd always slept wherever he could and it never occurred to him that the Weyr would give him a place to sleep or clothing to wear since his own was so damaged and soaked through. If someone could even save it the stains alone would never come out he was sure. Classrooms he looked at in awe, not sure how to react to them since he'd never really sat for a class before, working with his hands from the moment that he'd been able to apprentice. Class wasn't something that he was familiar with being so poor his whole life, but it was refreshing to see that everyone here seemed to be equal in their work, at least on the Candidate level as he had no idea how dragon riders worked.

There were so many colors of dragons that he honestly had to try and understand the difference in them, dazzled by the big bronze and gold dragons that seemed to all but block out the sun when they took to the sky but still loving the flash of green and blue that he saw dashing to and fro. Was that a white dragon!? Rizdax didn't even know that they had those, certainly he'd never seen one or even a fire lizard that was such a pale ghostly color against the morning sky. Personally he would consider himself lucky to ride any color of dragon, just to ride through the air and fight that burning menace would bring him strength that he didn't feel he had now. A special part of him, deep down in his heart that remembered that bright green wing, admitted of all the colors he was most fond of that particular one. It could be that he was terribly biased though.

All too soon the tour of the Weyr came to an end, the door to the Healers wing meeting his suddenly dim eyes once more. There was so much going on out in the Weyr, did he really want to go back there where everyone was sick or healing or even dying? Shuddering faintly, Rizdax tried to straighten his back and shoulders further, feeling a painful tug in the center of his upper back for his attempts but he was still meeting this full on. Candidacy awaited him, maybe even a dragon in the distant future. All that he had to do was get through this dark time in his life, heal up and meet the challenges thrown at him. Should be a piece of cake since he had been doing that exact thing his entire life long, just now he only had himself and not two people that relied on him to make the correct decision when the moment arose. Maybe in the future he would see that happen again, but for now he was going to be strong for himself.

"Thank you for showing me everything today, I wasn't expecting it to be so alive given everything I've seen the past few weeks and I can't wait to greet this Weyr and work for it." Riz turned his golden eyes to her once more and the edges of them crinkled a bit in what was almost a smile. "Hopefully I get to see you again, maybe you can show me more once I get out of here at last. Good luck with your classes."

Twisting back to walk into the wing, he heard yells the moment his red head popped into sight and a pair of hands pulled him the rest of the way in.

SilverLutz

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:33 am
Shar watched as Riz seemed to wilt as they returned to the wing. She didn't blame him, really, not now that he knew what he was missing out on. He drew himself up, though, and she admired that for a moment. He had mental strength even if physically he was suffering and in that she could tell he would be a great Candidate and eventual Rider.

"I'm sure our paths will cross again," she said with a nod before Riz was yanked back into the wing. She snorted softly and watched the Healers fuss over him through the little window in the door and finally turned away to return to her own chores. Class would resume shortly and she needed to make sure those slackers got their work done.

Striding off, she couldn't help but glance over her shoulder at the door once more. Perhaps she'd come back and visit him tomorrow. Yeah, that sounded like a good idea.

Hattaki
FIN

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas