• Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:14 am
Entering for Mystery God
God's Name:
Meaning:

Domain: Bravado
Existing Overlapping Domains: Zeal, Arrogance, Ambition, Conquest, Courage, Determination, Epic Feats, Passion
Definition: A bold manner or a show of boldness intended to impress or intimidate.
Relevance: Many a mortal often show boldness off to others, whether it's to impress a mate, excel in pride ranks or scare off an enemy. With so many creatures acting out in this manner, surely a god would have formed around such a strong emotion.

Description: (Fur color/pattern, wing color/pattern [or removal], accessory colors)
Edits: (Minor additional requests)

How many gods do you own? 1  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:21 am
Entering for Mystery God
God's Name: Kushawishi
Meaning: "Persuasion" - Swahili [Because why not]

Domain: Persuasion
Existing Overlapping Domains: Ambition, Change, Choices, Conformity, Connections, Conscience, Culture, Deception, Mischief, Oaths, Trust, Whispers
Definition: The action or fact of persuading someone or of being persuaded to do or believe something.
Relevance: Every creature under the sun has been, or could be, persuaded into doing or believing something that they normally wouldn't, or couldn't agree to, on their own.

Description: Color/Marking Idea, The wings can stay as-is and maybe jewelry can be more silver/emerald over gold/ruby? It's just slightly more appealing to me. XD
Edits: I got nothing, but if you can think of something you'd want to see, feel free.... XD

How many gods do you own? 0  

ChexaRain

Unbeatable Streaker

26,000 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Ultimate Player 200

Pollack

Fashionable Mage

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:42 pm
Entering for Mystery God
God's Name: Midas
Meaning: Name of the fictional king who's greed drove him to unknowingly curse himself with a hand that would turn anything he touched to gold.

Domain: Entitlement
Existing Overlapping Domains: Arrogance, Egoistm, Greed
Definition: The belief or right to own, control, or have in one's possession a object of value.
Relevance: Everyone from time to time has the feeling of entitlement! You feel the right to live in peace, you own your home, you deserve that piece of treasure. It's a natural part of life to feel that you are owed a reward. And with the increasing number of raiders who feel they have the right to take what they want it's becoming a trait more commonly experienced.

Description: CC. I'd love to see his base color be like pure white. Perhaps with gold being used as an accent color in his mane or minor markings?
Edits: Perhaps more gold jewelry? Or braids with gold chain weaved into it? Something that showcases the spoils he's felt entitled to and taken over the years.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:15 pm
Entering for Mystery God
God's Name: Chrysocyon
Meaning: The name of the genus maned wolves belong to.

Domain: Maned wolves
Existing Overlapping Domains: Animals, canines, predators
Definition: This guy watches over the maned wolves of SoA, and maybe he’s somehow responsible for how this south american animal ended up in Africa... smile
Relevance: As a lined species in the shop I feel maned wolves should have their own god (and some more love). Many of the other familiar species have their dedicated deity after all.

Description: His colors are a bit like the coloring of a maned wolf, but without taking away the fact that he is very much a lion. So maned wolf meeting tlk-style, pretty much.

The main color is orangeish or reddish brown with black or dark brown socks fading up the legs. Sock height is CC since I want it to look good with his jewellery! Maybe no socks on the hind legs if it would look weird since he sits down. If socks do look strange on the hind legs I’d love to keep the tlk style toe marking there instead. Same color for toe and belly if you use toe markings.
Mane: Dark brown (I like the current color, but feel free to tweak if another shade looks better.)
Belly and nose marking: white or pale cream depending on what looks better. Not as dark as the maned wolf palette below.
Face: keep the markings but tweak colors to fit the maned wolf inspired color scheme. I like his expression smile ”beard” to match the color of his belly.
Eyes: either the current dark red or CC shade of brown.

Picture of a maned wolf for inspiration: https://commons.m.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Maned_wolf-aguara_guazu.jpeg#mw-jump-to-license
I found a color palette for a maned wolf: http://animal-jam-clans-1.wikia.com/wiki/File:Color_palette_for_Maned_Wolf.jpg Maybe one of the top two of the four grouped dots for main color.

Anything I didn’t mention is CC. Feel free to tweak anything, I trust you to be better at making this look good than I am.

Edits: Maybe a nibbled fruit at his feet since maned wolves like to eat fruit?

How many gods do you own? 1  

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

nessiaing

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:26 pm
Entering for Mystery God
God's Name: Tausayi
Meaning: Compassion

Domain: Compassion Approved just in case
Existing Overlapping Domains: Vengeance (Polar), Trust, Support, Peace, Loyalty, Love, Kindness, Heartlessness, Goodwill, Friendship, Empathy,
Definition: Compassion is the sympathetic pity and concern for the sufferings or misfortunes of others.
Relevance: Everyone needs compassion in their life.

Description: Warm colours, mostly oranges, and yellows. Keep the wings, in white. Either white or orange mane and tail tuff. No set pattern for his pelt just warm feeling. Jewelry and accessories ires are good the way they are, perhaps just make sure the tones don't clash with his pelt. Overall look should be warm and fluffy.
Edits: A kinder face. A gentle smile and soft eyes. Maybe some extra fluff to make him look more cuddly. Otherwise he is perfect.

How many gods do you own? #2  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:23 pm
Entering for Mystery God
God's Name: Caligula
Meaning: The name of the Roman emperor

Domain: Tyranny
Existing Overlapping Domains: Villainy, Conflict?, Greed?, Heartlessness, Injustice, Leadership (in a sense), Royalty?, Evil (even though its NPC), Corruption and Power (even though they're listed as "problematic" and don't actually exist)
Definition: "cruel and oppressive government or rule"
Relevance: There are rulers in the SoA-verse, it seems natural that some might become corrupt/tyrannical

Description: CC!
Edits: A gold crown/band around his head? Otherwise CC

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

Schicksalswende

Dapper Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:20 am
Entering for Mystery God
God's Name: Yâ [ ʝə ] ( You'd pronounce ' ʝ ' like the ' j ' in ' Ja '. The ' ə ' would be pronounced like the 'e', in taken )
Meaning: It means ' ride ' in a language for a Nomadic culture that I'm making. The language being a Conlang ( constructed language ).

Domain: Nomads
Existing Overlapping Domains: Culture, Epic Feats, The Home, Independence, The Lost, Navigation, Orphans, Outlaws, Refugees, Trade, Vigilanties, and Wanderlust.
Definition: " A member of a people or tribe that has no permanent abode but moves about from place to place, usually seasonally and often following a traditional route or circuit according to the state of the pasturage or food supply. "
Relevance: There are three different kinds of nomads : hunter-gatherers, pastoral nomads, and peripatetic nomads. Worldwide, there are or have been many Nomadic cultures, and there are still a great many within the shifting lands of Africa.

In the confines of Shadows of Africa, there have been a few ' Prides ' that centered on being Semi or Fully Nomadic. Or even momentarily, in the sense of a great upheaval of some kind, and subsequent travel. Some cultural stories from such societies sometimes start this way, either because they were exiled or some other calamity happened and they never settled.

Description: To be honest, his colouration is pleasing, as is. The only markings that I might ad would likely be geometric, but simple.

Marking inspiration for his nose bridge and/or legs : One, Two, & Three

[ Alternatively, we could be really cheeky and make his marking be a message in Morse Code ]

His expression is fine, as well. I think his wings need to be another colour though, perhaps a shade similar to the dark fade just above his toes.
Edits: If possible, I would replace his necklace, in favour for either a bandana through his mane or some brightly coloured string jewelry lacing through his mane and a shawl or perhaps, a scarf on his shoulders. Maybe a mix and match? Any of which that is comfortable for you to do.

The design of the scarf or shawl would also be colourful, with geometric and/or floral designs. Perhaps in reds and golds, to stand out against his earthy tones.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:03 am
Entering for Mystery God
God's Name: Juhudi
Meaning: zeal

Domain: Adventure!
Existing Overlapping Domains: stories? (adventures tell stories right?), mischief? (they get into mischief too), survival (adventures involve surviving), rogues?
Definition: adventure could also be considered similar to a quest, though perhaps not with such a defined purpose as a quest. I's about exploring and having fun, discovering new things, places, and creatures. Maybe going on treasure hunts and looking for lost secrets too!
Relevance: Everyone likes a good adventure right? Maybe lions and others have left home to go on an adventure, to discover the world and their place in it. A god of adventure could offer some guidance, protection, or even just a bit of extra fun (or danger if that's your thing)

Description: He'd be patterned like my boy Juhudi as this would be a rebirth for him. Some creative license/CC is certainly welcome. maybe add a necklace with a claw, or replace the current one, wings would be cc
Edits: maybe a slightly softer expression, a bit more fluffiness

How many gods do you own? 8

Juhudi rp's:
[x]
[x]
[x]
[x]
[x]
[x]
[x]
[x]
[x]
[x]
[x]  

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

Vesale

King Kitten

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:17 pm
Entering for Mystery God
God's Name: Umbango
Meaning: Dispute, antagonism, quarrel, feud, match (Zulu)

Domain: Quarrels
Existing Overlapping Domains: Conflict, Frustration, Negative Emotions, Passion, Rage, Voice, Words
Definition: Quarrel: 1. an angry argument or disagreement.
Relevance: Quarrels naturally occur in everyday life, even for SoA! It might be a pride ruler who is arguing with their council, mates who aren't have a good streak, cubs who can't decide on what game to play, members from differing prides who can't fathom the beliefs of another, a son with an overprotective mother.

They can cause problems, but can also relieve tension, reveal underlying issues, and even mend, sometimes.

An emotional-sphered god (though a probably minor one) wouldn't seem out of place.

Plus I just like the idea of a cheeky god flying around SoA land starting quarrels between lions and the like for fun and then flying off.

Edits: CC if you wish!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:01 pm
Entering for Mystery God
God's Name: Mafunzo
Meaning: Training

Domain: Training
Existing Overlapping Domains: Learning, Teaching (more learning how, while training is knowing how and getting better)

Definition:
'The action of teaching a person or animal a particular skill or type of behavior.'
Relevance:
Turns out, a lot of prides are based around the ideas of strength and fighting each other or the prides around them. Of course, to be the best, they must all practice. At least there's a god that puts the FUN in it. Because. His name is Mafunzo.

Description: No changes.
Edits: CC, if any.

How many gods do you own? 8  

Lithiasaur

Snuggly Knight

Cajanic

Generous Unicorn

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:29 pm
Entering for Mystery God
God's Name: Hisabati
Meaning: Math (Swahili)

Domain: Math
Existing Overlapping Domains: None that overlap directly, from what I found. Here are ones that may include math as parent domains: Change, Games, Improbability, Learning, The Mind, Organization, Riddles, Strategy, Teaching, Wisdom
Definition: The study of mathematics! Specifically, Mathematics is the study of topics such as quantity, structure, space, and change.
Relevance: While maybe not concretely focused on by a lot of lions, the concept of math still exists! Even if it's as simple as counting how many cubs you have, or dividing a kill between the members of the pride!

Description: The palette I like how it is, though I would like an ela-like band of mathematical equations and images up his right/visible arm in either darker brown or black, depending on what you think looks better! They can also be mixed with non-math related designs if that helps them look less random. XD I'm not picky! They could fade out at they approach his shoulder.
Edits: The pouch open with scrolls/papers coming out at odd angles, and a frown instead of a smile! If possible, I'd love his "fringe"/the fur on his head to look parted and wavy similar to this. Again, it's open to interpretation!

How many gods do you own? 3  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:44 pm
exclaim Winner!

There were a lot of really fun domains in there. This was a good warm-up, I'm eager to get more done..

But first..!

We have the winner of our Mr. Mystery god!

oo DeD
Entering for Mystery God
God's Name: Caligula
Meaning: The name of the Roman emperor

Domain: Tyranny
Existing Overlapping Domains: Villainy, Conflict?, Greed?, Heartlessness, Injustice, Leadership (in a sense), Royalty?, Evil (even though its NPC), Corruption and Power (even though they're listed as "problematic" and don't actually exist)
Definition: "cruel and oppressive government or rule"
Relevance: There are rulers in the SoA-verse, it seems natural that some might become corrupt/tyrannical

Edits: A gold crown/band around his head? Otherwise CC

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:26 pm
; U; Thank you!! -excited wibbles-  
[OOC] Official Events

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2