Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[ORP] A Springtime Surprise! [Hatching!] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 46 47 48 49 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:59 am
Akaris

Bless Rylyrr for being so large! It made him easy to find in the gathering sea of white-robed candidates who'd been surprised and rushed over from their Weyrs. It also made him appealing to stand near for safety reasons, although that wasn't why she wanted to be near him. A small contributing factor, maybe, an added bonus, but her primary motivation was how much she liked him; long-distance adored him, even, especially after he'd gifted her with a firelizard egg that hatched gold.

"Rylyrr!" she gushed when she was close enough to call his name without being obtrusively loud (this was still a Hatching, after all, and she had no desire to irritate the rogue gold) and reached to throw her arms around his neck and kiss his cheek. "You're here!"

The possibility that he would be had been a solid half of the deciding factor in her braving all of these terrible unknowns. That, and R'mor and Junenth had offered to bring her, and how could she say no to that and disappoint them or A'ral? This was less about wanting a dragon, really, than it was about the people around her.

...which was curiously new, thinking about other people so much and not always herself first.

Shaddaling

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:06 am
[ renose - HR ]

He hadn't thought it would happen this soon, this sudden, and yet here he was - in robes, in sandals, and standing on a beach miles from home. Another adventure was starting and....and....

It was so shardin' hot.

Renose almost wished for the cold again, but if only so he didn't have to sweat through white. Did people know what sweat looked like through white clothes? It looked awful and looked like more work for the poor candidates who got stuck on laundry duty. A shame, this dragon couldn't have had her babies somewhere slightly warmer. Like...uh, anywhere not here. (Renose wasn't good with his geography on days he didn't care.)

With a proper bow to the Queen, the bronze, and whomever else he was supposed to even though the action made him lightheaded, Renose made his way onto the sands and made a flitline for a familiar (and clearly out of his element) face. Sliding in next to Rizdax, Renose took the shorter candidate's hand and gave it a squeeze. Better to have calm people on the Sands, because Faranth knew he didn't want to be shredded. "You ready, mate?"

- ---

[ soui - western ]

Pem had made it very, very clear how Soui was supposed to behave for the surprise hatching they were attending. The rules of how she was supposed to act had been drilled into her head so many times she could move her lips alongside his, and the girl had sworn not to interfere. She was at the hatching as a healer, not some fool. That being said, her excitement didn't lessen as they reached the Sands and the eggs came into view and as she slid off the dragon, she was practically vibrating. She needed to calm down, Soui knew that, and she took a few deep breaths as she gave a polite bow to the Queen from where she stood.

Everyone else was doing it, so why not her? She needed to be polite after all, and today was all about the Gold and her babies. Plus Soui helping her uncle treat anyone who may or may not become wounded. Hopefully this hatching wouldn't cause any deaths or any problems, and she could spend her time watching people gather their lifemates. A wonderful, wonderful thoughts.

"I wonder if Tsu and Yudu are here somewhere." A quick glance around at all the dragons had her searching for her cousin and his lifemate.

Hattaki
wow you command all my RP

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:12 am
Rylyrr

"Akaris?!" Rylyrr questioned and shifted to support her weight at the surprise full body toss and grinned down like a loon at the other candidate. "I had hoped to see you here," he grinned brightly, spinning around in a circle and hugging her back before setting her back to her feet.

"Mmhm," he nodded. "Probably my last hatching, all told. Least as a High reaches candidate, my name day coming rather soon." It was just so soon and well, perhaps he should think of this as a blessing, in more ways then one. "My brother Aly'on brought me, since my eldest brother still recovering a bit from the flu and how have you been Akaris?"

Meepfur
Akaris

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:01 am
P'rell - HR
(Any HR candidate that want to claim Venaith gave them a lift is welcome to do so)

Venaith burst into the bright sunny air from between with a fluttering of his wings. His voice already thrumming a sing song welcome to the gold and her clutch below. The large bronze circled down over the island gathering and dropped as gently as he was able to the soft sand near the dragons guarding the shore. He knelt as low as he was able and warbled as P'rell undid the straps holding himself and their passengers to his back.

"One at a time! Go on! Your futures are waiting for you!" The young former actor swept his arms wide in a dramatic gesture as if he were throwing open curtains.

Zarike - HR

Shaff he loved every opportunity he got to ride a dragon but this one was huge! Zarike dropped to the sand and stumbled, mucking the hem of his robes and coating his shins in damp sand. The young man couldn't care less though as he scrambled up with a huge grin on his face. "Thanks P'rell, Venaith!" He shouted over his shoulder before racing for the semi circle of candidates already forming around the foreign queen and her clutch.  

Dizzy_Kat

Hardcore Bibliophile

19,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Partygoer 500

Masterharper
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:45 am
Cedarian
The strawberry blond young man was astounded. On the one hand, the fact that there was a Hatching was a bit exciting, and thrilling. Another chance to find his perfect companion, another chance to do his family proud! On the other hand, it was on a beach, on some shaffing wild island that was hotter than heck, and to a pair of dragons he'd never seen before in his life. It was pure insanity! They had hardly been given time to change into their robes before they'd been whisked away for a shot at a potential lifemate. Part of the man couldn't help but wonder if he even wanted to Impress from this clutch -- what if they were diseased, or sick, or as moronic as the queen on the sands?

Mph.

Well, that wasn't a very charitable thought, he realized, and he quickly tried to hide his thoughts. He didn't want to actually offend anyone, and he didn't know what the eggs were like.

His eyes drifted back to the clutch, and for half a moment he tried to seek out D'mar or G'ryl, before remembering neither would be here. Their dragons were too little, and he was, once more, alone on the beach. Well. That was just as well. Though a small part of the man was rather lonely, he would never, ever, admit to such a thing; he wasn't lonely, he was aloof, independent, and discerning of the sort of company he kept. He didn't need just any old friend, no, he needed individuals who would make a good alliance. Even as his eyes brushed over some of his fellow white-robed sorts, the pretty young man frowned. No, he'd be fine where he was. His focus needed to be on the eggs, anyway.

[If anyone wants to, feel free to bother this pompous a**. xD He's a Candidate from Western.]

~ ~ ~ ~

Kiri
The brown-haired girl was absolutely thrilled by a new opportunity to Impress. Though she had to wonder how the dragonets would fare being laid on a beach, she could only hope they were less aggressive than Vimiath's brood. Though the weyrlings had (seemingly) calmed down, she didn't want to attend another bloodbath. Thankfully, the island was gorgeous, the sun felt good upon her back, and she was taken back to her days journeying the Southern Continent as an apprentice Felinehandler. A small part of her longed to be hunting and exploring in the jungles, but another part of her was anxious to be on the Sands.

Besides, her brother was here, somewhere. Shinnikan had to have come over with the rest of the High Reaches lot, she was sure. Ah, but she'd try to seek him out when there weren't eggs to focus on. A nudge from another girl nearby, and she beamed. "I think some of them will hatch, actually. Not sure about all -- I know duds can be common. Not a one is twitching yet-- guess we'll have to hope they're not over done!" Were they even ready to hatch? The dragons all seemed to think so, but the eggs were still.

ShinosBee

- - -
R'mor & bronze Junenth
R'mor had taken Akaris down to Southern Boll, and had dropped the girl off to stand for this next clutch. He had slid down from his dragon, with the bronze's wing partially extended to keep off the worst of the sun. His eyes continued to sweep over the going ons of the Weyrfolk, before dancing back to A'ral, where he was herding Candidates, and Akaris. Would she be all right out there?

She seems to have found a friend. Junenth stated, turning his eyes to stare directly at Rylyrr. There was a rumble of disapproval, the bronze feeling rather protective over the young woman. Who was this other boy anyway? He wasn't from Western. And why were they standing so close? The bronze did reach out to Akaris, and sent a wave of both protectiveness and encouragement. You will do well, I'm sure. We are here if you need anything. And that included an excuse to get away from some boy. Hmph.

R'mor gave a little chuckle and patted his paternal bronze. "At least she has someone out there with her. She'll be all right."

Shaddaling
Some bronze has his eye on you. : |

Meepfur
Akaris has some support!

- - - - -

S'del & bronze Kindeth
The pair had delivered some Candidates from High Reaches, with the big bronze nuzzling each one as they dismounted. The sun was bright, the location warm, and S'del couldn't help but feel a bit anxious. He had been cleared back to active duty a sevenday before, but his strength had been sapped from his sickness, and that would take some time to fully work back. He was thinner than he had been earlier that fall, but his color was mostly back, and he tried to keep on a good-natured and jovial demeanor.

Are you going to be okay? Should you rest? Should we have come? I can take you back, Mine. Kindeth asked, keeping a wave of love and support rolling through S'del.

The young man gave a smile, and reached up to caress his bronze. I'm fine, pet. Honest. I won't overdo it, besides, High Reaches needs us to be back at our peak. It didn't really matter how he felt. If the Healers said hew as good to go, then he was good to go. He wouldn't get his strength back by lying around, which is something he'd done far too much of. No, the sun felt good, and he could feel the dragon's joy attending the feast. It was going to be a good day.

As he leaned against Kindeth, the man did tear his eyes from the clutch and the white robed Candidates to glance around at the riders and weyrfolk. There were many faces he didn't know, and just as many he did. If he was seeking out one face in particular, well, why shouldn't he? They were friends after all, weren't they? At least, S'del hoped they were.

houllow

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:56 am
[ a'ye and green oyath - HR ]

It felt good to be useful, even if it was just as transport. A'ye watched the last of the candidates dismount from a grumbling Oyath, amused at her rumbles despite the clear blue of delight in his lifemate's eyes. This was a day no dragon could particularly be grumpy about, at least that's what A'y felt and wanted to believe, and as the candidates headed away he wished them all good luck. A few waved back as they scampered to the sands, and Oyath huffed.

I dislike being a cart, Mine. These wings were meant for flying against Thread, not sending small things place to place. She puffed again, sending a wave of hot hair that ruffled A'ye's hair. The rider turned and laughed, patting her snout with an affectionate hand. At least we are here to help. The Gold had better thank us later, if she is wise.

A'ye assured his dragon that the poor Gold likely had so much more on her mind and they she didn't need to stress on it. Even if no one else said thanks,A'ye would make sure to constantly let her know just how amazing and useful she was in this state of emergency. Apparently mollified, the green took to the skies to settle elsewhere, not really intent on watching a hatching. Rumors had hit High Reaches about the events of the Western hatching, after all, and Oyath wasn't interested in watching maulings and death.

With his dragon gone, A'ye needed a place to stand. He looked around at all the faces he knew, some he didn't, and plenty more he actively wished to avoid. Still, he needed to stand with someone or else he would look awkward out in the open, and the greenrider was starting to fret until a familiar face (and....Bronze dragon) caught his eye. A smile pressed on his expression before he could stop it, and soon he was making his way over towards the pair.

"S'del. Are you well enough to be out?" Instead of a greeting, instead of anything else, his first words were of concern. It had likely been A'ye's fault the poor rider was sick in the first place, and thus he felt a sort of unwarranted responsibility.

Masterharper
lIKE A SHIP....on the wattttaerrr

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:24 pm
It'd taken him a while before he'd been able to catch up to Kinye; Ionan stood next to her, when he did find her, habitually reaching for her hand. "Are you nervous?" he asked. "Tass kept trying to scare me, he's over there," he pointed vaguely to the left of them. "He keeps saying he's sure one of us will get eaten, or something." He gave her hand a squeeze and released it. "I don't think we're going to get eaten. T'rel and Ashlyn didn't!" And if they didn't, well, he wasn't going to be either.

T'rel was much more annoying than he was. And he'd Impressed. "I hope we Impress together," he said then, and smiled at her. "Then we can have Ash help us with our weyrling lessons! It'll be great." And he was sure it would happen. Maybe Tass would Impress too, now that he was finally well from the flu. "I think Mom and Dad are here, and T'rel's here, I saw Tyalith!"

demon_pachabel

Hattaki
<3

Avid_Rper18

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:03 pm
P'rell & Venaith - HR

Venaith crept as close as he could to the clutch without getting in the way of the human crowd forming around it. His eyes whirled bright blue as he mantled his wings high in his excitement. ~What a positively stunning place to host a hatching! He thrummed, his words directed towards Susurinth but could be heard by any dragon who cared to listen. His wings fluttered as he resettled them onto his back ~ I don't think I have ever been somewhere quite so warm and inviting. It really is a marvelous location. Why one day when I've a clutch of my own I hope you won't mind if I suggest to my dear mate that she lay somewhere were we could enjoy such a beautiful view. Truly, my compliments.

P'rell stiffled a snort as Venaith went off. It was true, they hadn't been south in quite some time, long enough for the bronze to not remember it for sure. P'rell could see how it would appeal to some... but he knew his fair skin, even with the cream he wore daily, would be utterly destroyed by the sun beating down upon them if they were to do such a silly thing as clutch on a beach.

Speaking of the sun. P'rell sought out the shade further away from the clutch. He'd love to watch up close, but his taste for heavy fabrics and layers was doing him an awful disservice just now. He could already feel beads of sweat trickling through his hair and the nape of his neck was unpleasantly damp as he peeled off his riders jacket to reveal a thick woolen vest over a long sleeved tunic in admittedly a lovely cobalt. The neckline of which was low enough to reveal the embroidered collar of a lighter blue shirt beneath.

He might just melt before the first egg cracked at this rate.  

Dizzy_Kat

Hardcore Bibliophile

19,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Partygoer 500

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:20 pm
Akaris laughed as she was spun, and once set down steadied herself with a hand against his chest. "I've been wonderful! The egg you gave me hatched, and she's beautiful! How did you know it was a gold egg?" It seemed absurd that it could be purely chance - perhaps there was some trick to telling? "I tell her how lovely she is so often that she thinks it's her name."

"That's right, they don't let you Stand as long at High Reaches." Her lips pulled into a frown at that reminder. "Seems awfully silly, when a dragon might still want you. I hope one of these wants you! They should."

Preoccupation with and happiness for seeing her friend again was a welcome distraction from what would otherwise have been a quiet but mounting panic over what was about to happen. Who knew what the hatchlings in those eggs would be like? How would they feel about all these strangers who'd never touched them? It could be worse than Vimiath's clutch, and she was without a safe perch this time. But she did have Rylyrr! Although, the trouble with having him to protect her was that something could happen to him, and that would...that would be awful.

But he'd be fine, surely, and Impress a strapping bronze to take home to High Reaches. As for her, she wouldn't mind her own little Junenth, but well, that wasn't going to happen. Just...something nice and sweet and generally not scary, then. Really, she was perfectly content to walk away with no dragon, as long as she got to walk away.

At the words and wave of feeling from her most favorite bronze, she turned to beam brightly and wave. If Rylyrr did Impress, she was going to find herself a nice safe spot over there. Yes.

Shaddaling

Masterharper

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:08 pm
Riders
Vosin and Gold Killakeeth- W
Vosin was just finishing her breakfast when she felt Killakeeth’s attention focus sharply on something. What? She asked as she finished scraping the last bits of oatmeal out of her bowl. A part of her attention was waiting for her dragon to answer, the other part was planning her day. She gathered her dishware and headed toward the sink to pass it over to be cleaned.

An unaffiliated gold has clutched on an isolated island of Fort, but they in the midst of Threadfall and cannot bring their candidates right away. The clutch hatches. Already the gold was shedding sand as she pulled herself from her wallow. It didn’t take a genius to figure out what was going down.

“What?!” Vos exclaimed aloud as she froze holding her bowl for a moment. “By Faranth’s Egg!” She muttered and thrust the bowl at the first drudge that was close. “The candidates, meat for hatchlings,” her mind was awhirl with things they’d need. Her twin would be much better at this then she would.

Killakeeth I hope you’re ready to fly. We are gonna help move the candidates over. But of course. Grab my largest harness. Vosin grinned as she headed toward her beach weyr. Mari, be a dear and grab your robes and sandals and meet me by the beach.

Candidates from Western are free to say they caught a ride with Vosin and Killakeeth to the hatching.

Thaliawen
For Mari

Ly’bur and Brown Hinburath- HR
There could not have been a choicer, juicier piece of gossip right as this moment than what they’d just heard. If Hinburath had hands, he would have been rubbing them together with glee. Look at the frenzy mine. The brown watched from his usual perch, snaking his head back and forth as he watched the bustle of activity below.

Oh yes we will go. Must see who impresses and all. I hear Western is going to be there. He was helping pack chairs and tables so that they could carry them there. Once a bit more was set up, then he’d help carry candidates. Oh they could gossip about this stupid gold for turns to come. And all the juicy details.

Candidates from High Reaches are free to say they caught a ride with Ly’bur and Hinburath to the hatching.

magnadearel

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:14 pm
Robes? Sandals? Mari had been in the middle of breakfast when he heard Killakeeth's voice and startled. "Right away," he muttered, and hurried to the candidate barracks. He left his plate at the table he'd been sitting--was there a hatching? There couldn't be, none of their golds had risen! He was sure D'mar would have told him if he'd missed something as important as that.

He grabbed his robe and sandals and hurried to the beach. "Killa, what--" a hatching somewhere else? It had to be. But where?

"Did you call others?"  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:29 pm
Dorame was tired.

So very very tired.

Her Lady made sure she was always tired. The black haired beauty had come into her life and filled her with a sense of purpose but in the same breath turned her life on its head. She was a different girl now than she was a few months ago, heck she was a different girl than she was last week. Every time she opened her eyes her sense of reality shifted, not even she could keep up with herself anymore. This was no time for an existential crisis though.

Who knows, maybe this new version of herself would be more appealing to the hatchlings?

Green eyes scanned the over candidates, some she had seen before, others were new. She yawned, struggling to find the same excitement that others felt. This was not her first time on the sands and she very much doubted it would be her last.

Z o m b i k ii

Magical Girl

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:42 pm
High Reaches Candidates
Makimton
Makimton looked up in surprise as orders went around for the candidates to get ready for a hatching. “Is this a drill? There’s no eggs on the sands.” It took him precious time to figure it all out. They were called for an unaffiliated gold’s hatching. Well.

The young man hurried to his barrack to fetch his robe and sandals. Was his dragon among this clutch? Once he was ready, he lined up with the other candidates waiting for a dragon ride to the beach.

Nalacko
Nalacko was excited and nervous all at once. There was an unexpected hatching! The weyrs were pulling together to be sure the eggs had a chance to impress. It was depressing the weyrlings couldn’t go. R’gan wouldn’t be able to watch her if she impressed. She would have to tell him all about it once she got back. At least Rizdax would be going. Nala had looked for the other candidate, but not finding him figured he’d already gotten a ride to the beach.

She approached a green accepting passengers and shyly climbed up. “Thank you,” she murmured softly to rider and dragon before she slid down and headed across the hot sands to the obvious clutch. Both the air and the sands felt equally hot. Immediately she felt drenched in sweat. Ugh. What would the dragonets think of sweaty candidates?

Hattaki
Rizdax

houllow
A’ye

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:43 pm
H'win and Suuth had somehow managed to sneak into the viewing area while everyone else at High Reaches had flapped and flailed like headless wherries. Normally, he would have volunteered to carry in meat or tents or Candidates, but so many of his fellows had tripped over themselves to assist this wayward gold that his prickly brand of help had not been required. It gave him plenty of time to settle in and calm Torment, the firelizard currently draped over his arm and humming along with her giant cousins.

He wasn't actually angry. How could he be when there was a Hatching on the horizon? But his expression still radiated haughty disapproval, only dimming slightly when Suuth rested a massive forefoot on his shoulder.

This is all very exciting.

Yes. Foolish, too. I trust you're ready to glide in and save the day when these children start getting mauled.

Always ready, Mine.

Quote:
grump man with excellent hair, delightful blue derg, and screaming green flit open for interaction

Smerdle

Scamp

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:59 pm
Kinyegele

Kinye brightened visibly when her brother came to stand by her, squeezing his hand tightly. "A little bit! I mean...I've never stood this close to the dragons and I thought we were supposed to get to touch them first," she cast a forlorn glance towards the eggs settled in the sands with their parents protectively nearby. She felt like she was missing out on half of the experience - would the hatchlings feel the same way?

Ionan's hopeful statement just made her grin. "Yeah! That'd be great! Even just one of us impressing would be great," she looked off towards where Tass was and crinkled her nose slightly. "They're not gonna eat us," sure a few kids at Western had gotten chewed on at the last Hatching, supposedly, but those kids weren't her and her brothers, so it was silly to think they'd do it to them, right?

Thaliawen

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 46 47 48 49 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces