[PRP] A Springtime Song (Sylfie/Theo) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:47 pm
"Colder than High Reaches?" In spite of their current over-warm clime, Sylfie shivered at the very thought that anywhere could be colder than High Reaches, which to her was absolutely, wretchedly freezing. "N-no wonder you left. Do you...get to visit sometimes?" Of course it would be harder for him, he probably mostly had to travel the long way 'round, but he had mentioned that his brother had a dragon, so...maybe? The concept of siblings was wondrous in and of itself to Sylfie, who had none. What might it have been like?

"There are....there are a lot of wonderful things," she agreed, "And I suppose that it's- it's worth it. Seeing them." She chewed at her lip, a habit that did said lip no favors, and looked down at the sand. "Just. Sometimes it's a lot." Overwhelming, and generally frightening, and hard. A part of her was envious of Theo's clear and simple joy; why did she have to make everything so complicated for herself?

Hesperith might have asked her the same, but was pleased as punch to receive the Harper's eloquent apology on behalf of his lesser fellows - because of course he was among the most excellent of the lot, heaping such delicious flattery upon her. She ate up every last word of it, even as she endeavored to look the picture of gracious benevolence, worthy of every word. How magnanimous of you to make amends for all the rest, she hummed. Perhaps some of them will learn from your example, and portray us as we ought to be.

ShinosBee

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:57 pm
Thoughts of home turned fondly in Theo's mind, and Sylfie's disbelief at the idea of such a chilly place made him smile. "I never really minded it when I was young. Not more than I imagine you must mind winter at High Reaches," which surely he felt couldn't be so very much. "I visit," when had he last done so? It'd been...turns. "Sometimes. I see Herg'r more often than the rest...by virtue of him being at the Weyr." Where he found himself roaming once or twice a turn for the hatchings at least. It was always nice to see his older brother, even if the blond was a bit rambunctious for Theo. Coming from anyone else it would have been painfully social, but not with Herg'r. They'd had that dynamic—push and pull, give and take, loud and quiet, since birth, after all!

"The travel gives me a chance to see many places, many things, meet many people. I miss home, sometimes, I do. But the world there was...was just so small. Safe, but small." He took a breath, steeling himself much as he'd done the day he'd left home to go to Harper Hall. "It can be overwhelming, but sometimes, well. Sometimes I think that's why it's so wonderful." His eyes trailed back to the young weyrlings all gathered around with their hatchlings, Past them the sun glinted off the sapphire sea. Jade jungles rippled with the light breeze, and all around people talked, moved, breathed, lived. "Sometimes it's all I can do not to bury my head and hide, just for a while, until it seems a bit...less. But then I would miss all this. And I could never forgive myself for it."

A moment later the man flushed, the back of his neck burning red beneath his ponytail. Oh, he'd just, ahhh. He'd meant every word, but it was so... He glanced at Sylfie, and then steeled his spine (as best a man made of rosewater and the softness of velvet could do), swallowing down the urge to lessen any of what he'd said by backing out now.

Meepfur

ShinosBee

Nerd

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:26 pm
"Winter at High Reaches is...is awful," she confessed, although a corresponding guilt flashed over her expression for saying something bad about the Weyr, even if she was referring to the weather, more than anything. "But I- I did get the flu, so...maybe I just picked a bad turn to move. Maybe the next one will be b-better." Even if it were just as cold, as long as she didn't get sick, it surely wouldn't be so bad. "Is your brother at- at High Reaches?"

Sylfie watched the Harper - sort of sideways, very carefully not staring - as he spoke so sincerely about why he travelled, and smiled even as she ducked her head. "You do make it sound wonderful. I- I wish I could say I was so adventurous, I...I just wanted to stay home. The whole world to see, a-anytime I wanted, and..." And she'd run back home to Nerat as soon as she'd been able, and would have been there still if not for Thread's return.

But then she'd not have been here, and here was...here was alright.

ShinosBee

[IC RP] Holds & Halls

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces