Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[Gold Flight] A Golden Afternoon: Fianth's Flight! Open! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sinders Path

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:01 am
User Image

Nimueh's Brown Mharlith

Mharlith extended his great wings and sent a spray of fine water droplets out and around at the smaller dragons surrounding him, they were all down in the weyr bowel enjoying the best of the days heat and sun splashing about in the weyr's small lake. He rumbled pleasure and amusement as a few fellows responded in kind and his hide became beaded with water jewels that glistened like diamonds against his pale flanks and wings.

Most of the dragons he shared the water with were younger and smaller, the age where play was still a daily need for them to strengthen their bonds and blow of steam, still set on that element of fun but Mharlith rather enjoyed the gallivanting of the young and if anyone was willing to welcome them into his group he was thankful. While his rider was working he would have quite happily spend his entire day in the water but something made his head lift and swing towards the feeding grounds. It was a ripple that ran throughout the entire weyr, one that he had felt only a few days earlier in fact when a strange gold had flown over High reaches.

Oh Fianth!

Mharlith had always liked the pale gold, she was gentle and kind and much easier to connect with than her mother. He instantly joined in the choir or rumbling and hums of welcome directed towards the rising queen. With one great effort he launched himself from the lake creating a tidal wave at the dragons that lingered and soaked the surrounding ground. A mix of amusement and curses followed him. Usually he would have apologized instantly and unreservedly but his eyes were on HER.

My dear Nimueh. I fly to catch a glistening gold today, do you see?

He called to his rider as he beat his wings once more sending him higher and shaking off the majority of the weighty water.

I see
Nimueh responded with a smile. She had few and far patients that day so she had been working up a sweat doing general busy work around the healer hall, changing bandages and preparing various poultices for the poor souls still recovering from thread wounds. But when the news of a flight went out she had moved with the crowd towards the bowel to watch. And then towards the queens rider.

Now Mharlith called out to Fianth, the jewel of the day. I answer your call oh Beautiful Fianth. I will prove myself to you today. Your heart and your hide are both radiant today.

It was also hard to miss the number of other browns that had joined the chase, seeing a brown catch the gold a few days prior had obviously given them all a boost.

Even knowing he had the golds blue love to contend with Mharlith was bolstered by the thought of babies, imagine all the little Mharlith's! That was the dream.

Mharlith
Positive Traits: Gentle, Caring, Councilor, Teddy bear/Sweetheart
Negative Traits: Bleeding heart, People Pleaser, Brooder.

Mharlith is a sweetheart of a brown, a big ole teddy bear in a dragons body. He is always gentle and respectful around people and other dragons and he has a welcoming calm aura around him that matches his rider. He is also a very social dragon, when he is not sleeping he likes to be with someone, be that his rider, another dragon or a person. He gets very lonely and depressed if left on his own too long. That doesn't mean there has to be active conversation or shared activities, just cuddling is fine!
Separation depression is a real issue for the pair as Mharlith will often cry for his rider when he has to be alone for too long or he can't find another dragon willing to let him cling to them.

When he was at the healer hall with Nimueh he made the shocking and highly distressing discovery that people are scared of him! The reactions of some of the other healers who were strangers to dragons sent the poor brown into a funk that lasted for days that even Nimueh had trouble shaking. It only stopped when Nimueh managed to talk some of the scared healers into giving him a pat and an eye scratch. As a result Mharlith has developed the habit of approaching new people and outsiders on his belly. Shuffling along low to make himself look as small and non threatening as possible. Even now if he thinks he has done something wrong that has caused distress he will brood on it for days. (This does not include doing something for a patients greater good even if they don't like it.)

Like his rider, those that do get to know him will discover he gives excellent advice and will be happy to listen to all your problems and offer his input he is also very much the bleeding heart and give him the right sob story and he will do just about anything to make things right again outside hurting another person or dragon to do so.

The only time this gentle lovable dragon raises his voice is to shout warnings and get people to move for their own sake. He's excellent at flying coordination during thread because he is hyper aware or all possible avenues for injury and loss. Saving as many lives as possible is always his key aim.

Because of his sweet and accommodating personality you might be forgiven for thinking this dragon is a push over. You'd be wrong. Though he is a pleaser and wants to see everyone happy, under his layers of fuzz and warmth Mharlith has proved himself to have an iron will. Bronzes will have trouble imposing themselves on him, even golds may struggle at first. Most of the time he wants to help and please but on the rare occasion his rider has other instructions, she comes first and he will stand his ground to please his beloved.

This is why he makes such a good patient guard dragon, if his rider tells him that a certain pair are not allowed to fly for medical reasons (Colours that are brown or under) he can usually keep them locked landside.

Base Points Brown: 40pts
-Between 16-45 Turns: +10 points
-Fit/Motivated: +10
-High Reaches Native: +5
-Respectful, Polite, Loving, or Kind dragons: +5pts

Total: 70

Strength: 18
Speed: 10
Dexterity: 12
Stamina: 17
Wits: 13  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:29 am
(Confirmed I could enter a second one)

NPC JIrkath

SHE RISES! Jirkath shouted in his rider’s head.

You know what to do. Was the response filled with determination and arrogance.

Fianth! You shall be mine tonight. There will be no other. No other dreams matter, you will have eyes only for me. His attention turned to Krahsujunth. Finally she will be rid of you, uppity blue. Once she realizes what she has been missing, she will cast you aside. Do not think of interfering. There was a pause and then he hissed, Know your place.

ShinosBee
Have someone for Krah to attack mercilessly

Jirkath:

Base points for bronze: 45pts
Between 6-15 turns: +7 points
Fit/Motivated: +10 points
A High Reaches resident: +5pts
Genuinely cruel, mean, or unkind dragons: -5pts
Looks down upon Blues, Greens, or Whites: -7pts
Total: 55

Strength: 15
Speed: 8
Dexterity: 7
Stamina: 15
Wits: 10  

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:16 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The still of the summer afternoon was oppressive, with neither breeze nor rain to offer any relief from the climbing temperatures. There was no better time to enjoy a cooling dip in the lake, although a healthy portion of the Weyr felt just the same! As an especially large bronze, and both cognizant and proud of that, Zijianth would have taken up no small amount of the precious real estate, had he chosen to settle himself in the water and been disinclined to give up such a prime spot. Instead, he had simply dipped himself and then snaked his way back beyond the shore to make room for more of his kin. Once he was reasonably well out of the way, he spread out his long, sinuous body and fanned his wings across the ground. Unless a friend, clutch- or wingmate were to seek closeness - however unlikely in this heat - he had no intention of moving anytime soon.

But that intention was nothing, when a Queen called. His head came up, eyes whirling purple, and he gathered his limbs and his resolve, for it was Fianth who beckoned. Small, delicate, exquisite Fianth, with her gleaming pale hide traced in intricate patterns. She was soft, and lovely, and in that moment, he could think of no dragon more perfect than she, whose hearts belonged to a blue. Zijianth could never hope to win them away from him, but to hold her just this once, oh! He wanted nothing more.

This summer heat is as winter cold, now that you wake to rival the sun. There is no warmth but yours, beautiful Fianth - might you share it with me, if I prove myself worthy of such an honor? Adoration welled in his words, lust kept tame by gentility.

He offered no words to Krahsujunth - what was there to say that would be in any way appropriate, let alone welcome? He and the rest all came to chase the blue's dearest love, to catch her where biology and instinct dictated that he could not. There was nothing to say that wouldn't come across as condescending, or boil down to 'no offense, I just want to bone your lady.' There was no acceptable phrasing, and Zijianth did not want to imagine what it must be like to watch them all gather for what was his; as such, he remained respectfully silent in that regard.

The bronze reached out to touch His' mind in wordless inquiry, to assess his state and support whatever decision he made. Would he chase as well, or keep to himself? The man had always been...flexible in that regard, basing his choice upon the situation at hand. A'ryx responded to the brush with uncertainty; he doubted he could be considered much of a catch, would be somewhat surprised if Fianth's or anyone else had want or need of him, and yet...

Flightlust was a funny thing, and it was all but impossible to drown out such fervent and insistent want, no matter how hard he tried.

---

Zijianth
Positive Traits:
stable/dependable, affectionate, deeply loyal
Negative Traits: casually arrogant, hoarder, affection whore

A'ryx
Positive Traits:
composed, selfless, astute
Negative Traits: unambitious, self-deceiving, unsatisfied

Respectful, Polite, Loving, or Kind dragons: +5pts
Total: 72

Strength: 10
Speed: 18
Dexterity: 14
Stamina: 16
Wits: 14

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:21 am

Iptoneth was trying to get comfortable on his ledge, while his rider worked in their Weyr. This heat was unbearable, but he knew getting Ash'il to abandon his work would take nothing short of a miracle. After all, with a gold flight that happened just few days ago, His had locked himself in and buried himself in work. For that one, he hadn't chased, having decided that he would leave it to those who had started in it before it was above their Weyr. So here they were, him lounging while His was going through scrolls. He was half tempted to mentally prod his rider, when he heard a sound coming from the sky. He looked up to see...another golden queen was rising. On close inspection, he could see it was Fianth, the gold belonging to the Weyrwoman Second. He was also no stranger that this gold's hearts belonged to Krahsujunth, a Wingmate of his. He had much respect for the blue, having seen him in battle against the silvery menace since it came back.

The bright bronze dragon debated in his mind, whether he should give chase as the golden Fianth called out to all in the Weyr. On the one side, he had a gold that had his hearts, that was everything to him. On the other, there was no telling when his beloved would be in the sky again herself. Not only that, but she had two clutches already, sired by two other dragons. He wanted to have experience before he managed to have one with his own beloved, so the desire to be a father was strong in him.

Mine, Fianth rises and I am going to chase. Maybe you should go out for a bit and get some coolness,Iptoneth thought to his rider. Of course he knew Ash'il knew there must be a gold in flight, but he figured a warning would be nice. That and maybe he would get out and go seek a certain gold rider he was fond of. He got to his feet and stretched out his wings, before pushing his 42' frame off his ledge. Taking to the skies, he headed in the direction where Fianth was getting her sustenance for this flight. He gave a respectful rumble to the golden dragon and her weyrmate.

It will be an honor to chase you, Fair Fianth today. I do hope to prove myself to both you and your beloved blue,he thought to her gently. Then he turned his purple with green tinted eyes towards Krah next.

I have no doubt, if you could, mighty Krah, you would sire a fine clutch. If I am able to catch your precious gold, I hope to prove myself worthy to father the clutch beside both of you,he told his Wingmate respectfully. Then while he was waiting, there were two more minds that he wanted to make contact with.

My beautiful golden ray of light, I do hope you will forgive me for chasing another. My hearts are only for you and my wings will only wrap around you with such protection and love. My body may chase, but my love will be surrounding you this entire flight. Dear Ephia, beloved rider of my Ariath, I fear my rider will be very lonely. So if you are still close enough to get to him, despite I knowing Ariath has to be away during this..I would appreciate you coming to get him and take him with you please,Iptoneth purred into the minds of both.

Ash'il was busy taking some notes on one of the scrolls he was reading, when he felt the all too familiar feeling of flightlust begin to creep in on him. He couldn't believe another gold was rising so soon, but he figured he would just stay in his Weyr. When his bronze bondmate's voice entered his thoughts, a sigh escaped his lips. Surely the other would know that he wasn't going to budge from here...right? This was the same as any other flight, he was not going to be distracted from his work. The lust would make it hard for him to concentrate, but he was going to do his best to work through it. He did send some encouragement to Iptoneth though, knowing how much his bronze wanted to be a father. Sure, it wasn't with Ariath (having seen it through his eyes who it was), but it would get him ready for when that day came.

Ash'il A very good man, but quite a workaholic. He is protective of those he cares about, but sometimes butts in where he is not needed. He will be in his Weyr or dragged off with Ephia and Ariath

Iptoneth Calm bronze, who is seen as a very laid back dragon. He can take things serious, but doesn't see any reason to worry about everything. He is very protective, like his rider and very devoted to him. (Hearts belong to Ariath, so no competition for his blue Wingmate for love, just will help to father the clutch)

Iptoneth's Stats
Bronze Base Stats: 45 pts
Between 6-15 turns: +7 pts
HR Resident: +5 points
Total: 72 pts

Strength: 17
Dexterity: 10
Stamina: 18
Wits: 17

Uta
For Fianth

ShinosBee
For Krah

Kolina
For Ariath and Ephia

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:38 am
User Image

Avroth and R'kesh (quoting people Avroth speaks to)

A gold.. a gold.... not just any Gold.. but pale Golden Fianth ... Of course Avroth had been watching, he hadn't caught the last Gold to rise, but the fact she'd been caught by a brown made him watch all the closer. He knew Fianth had her love, her blue Krahsujunth who held her hearts but couldn't give her a clutch. Long ago Avroth had determined to himself, should he ever catch Fianth, he would fade into the background and encourage Krah to be father to the eggs once they were clutched, to coo over them with his golden love. Avroth would be happy just to catch her, it wass his dream to catch a Gold, he'd not managed yet, but he had come close once.....

"Pale shining Fianth, would that i be worthy of flying you, beside you, perhaps even catch you if you allow me!" he crooned to her, concious of the blue in close proximity "If course should i be the lucky one, i should be happy to withdraw to my own weyr immediately after should you wish to be together" he addressed the pair, sending out respect towards the blue. He knew the feeling of frustration of not being able to catch the object of your desire, let alone the love of your hearts.

Uta
addressing Fianth

ShinosBee
addressing Krah

He eyed bronze Soheith, "he wishes only to protect his love, calm your warning please, he means no harm to those who mean Fianth none" he said in a soft friendly tone. He had nothing against the bronze, except maybe that he was a bronze and had more of a chance at catching the gold, so it probably wasn't a good idea to give such a warning to the Blue that she loved, but that wasn't his problem, he gave his reasonable, to him, comment and moved on.

houllow
politely addressing Soheith

The next that rose for the Gold, he approved of, despite being a bronze, again, only because it was stronger competition for golden Fianth, he was very respectful towards the bond between the gold and the blue, it made Avroth smile, his hearts swelled in pleasure that another would be respectful, as he would be. He only gave Meigth a nod, if the bronze even saw it.

Another rose and again, respecting of the feelings between the gold and the blue, Avroth's mental smile grew wider, he hoped this was going to be a good Flight, he also gave a mental nod to Gareth, silently wishing the other good luck.

Another caring dragon! Ah!.. a brown this time, despite Avroth's normal nature, he couldn't help but feel pride swell in his chest for his fellow dragons, a tinge of purple now colouring his eyes as he looked around at the others gathering, rising to the air, ready to chase when Fianth was ready.

Again, another goodly natured brown, Avroth eyed the scars with a brief flare of distaste but remembered that he had recently come to live at the weyr, "luck to you Nessuth" he said, his tone less companionable as flight lust began to affect him more and more,

-_Wish of Tevarae_-
couple of words to Nessuth

Avroth eyed the next brown, the giant brown and frowned when he mentioned sharing Fianth, even for a night, though he had said friend, so perhaps Krah wouldn't mind too much.

The next too, so many browns rising to chase Fianth... would average Avroth even get a look in? a flash of pessimism coloured his soul but it was gone as fast as it came, of course he would, he had almost caught a Gold, he'd been almost within claw's reach. He had a chance.

Avroth recognised the next dragon and his muzzle wrinkled in a snarl as he roared back at the brown "YOU DARE RETURN?!" he raged, blinking to keep the anger down, wings flaring as Flightlust almost made him launch himself at the aggressive brown, as it was the earth beneath his claws became furrowed as he raked at it, this one would need watching, no... he wouldn't let this one catch beloved Fianth and add his taint to the weyr AGAIN.....

Hattaki
Addressing Zioneth, whom he's decided he hates, and recognises

Another brown to rise from the Weyr good, perhaps these respectful dragons would help keep that horrible brown from THEIR Queen. Red tinged the purple now dominant in his eye.

And another Weyr brown, yes this was right... if anything they could oppress that idiot brown from catching Fianth by sheer number alone.

Oh, another brown, yes this was proper, this was right, the last goldflight had given them ALL hope, perhaps a second brown could sire a second clutch.

Ah Mharlith was next, Avroth thought he rather liked this brown, maybe, the emotions running through his mind were making it hard for him to focus.

Just as he wass starting to calm down after spotting Zioneth, another, stranger dragon appeared. This one mad Zioneth look like a kitten and this time Avroth did launch himself up into the air, "Know yours Jirkath" he snarled "How dare you speak to Krah such, he has more right than you to be here, he at least cares for, adores Fianth, you are just a vicious Bully and you will NOT Catch Fianth, if i have anything to say about it" It seemed Ichor could spill before the Flight even started, as Avroth winged in place, between Jirkath and Fianth, attempting to visually block her from him.

faesinger
Im sorry, pls don't hate me, Im only responding as Avroth is telling me

His ire at Jirkath too much for him to notice any other dragons rising for Fianth now. red now equally dominant in his eyes, ready to replace the purple at any moment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Base points for brown: 40pts
- Between 16-45 turns: +10 points
- Average/Normal: +5 points
- A High Reaches resident: +5pts
- Respectful, Polite, Loving, or Kind dragons: +5pts
= 65

Strength: 14
Speed: 11
Wits: 15  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:06 am

Some didn't mind the heat of this day. Aveth took advantage of the blazing sun to sprawl over his ledge, basking in the heat, his hide gleaming, while his rider R'nar, not quite built for summer, relaxed with his shirt off deep in the recesses of their weyr. Suddenly a bugling call rang through the Weyr, and Aveth's head shot up, eyes whirling purple. He knew what that sound meant.

Fianth rises! the big bronze announced, scrambling to his feet and returning the amorous trumpeting. I must give chase!

With a deep chuckle, R'nar sat up on his bed. So soon after the other flight too! "Have fun, beloved, and good luck! But mind Krahsujunth -- he's a jealous one!" Getting up, he went to clean himself up for the expected flight lust encounters. They were no beginners at this.

Aveth launched himself off his ledge, surging skyward on broad wings. Oh glorious Fianth, I am coming for you! Your radiant beauty inspires many suitors, but only experience can win the day! He then spoke to Krahsujunth directly, not wanting to slight Fianth's love. If any should win Fianth, it is you. I will respect your love of her with all my hearts.

~~~~~~~

Aveth's Stats
Bronze: 45pts
44 Turns: +10pts
Fit/Motivated: +10pts
HR resident: +5pts
Respectful: +5pts
Total = 75 pts

Strength: 20
Dexterity: 15
Stamina: 20

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

stella cinere
Crew

Ice-Cold Codger

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:07 am

It had finally come, Rynsaith had been lounging near the water, the large bronze wings dipping along the edge trying to cool himself off as the heat only seemed to linger like and unwanted blanket in the air. Sa’do on the other hand was busy, despite everyone else doing their best to avoid being near the dry air the man had continued to handle manual labor in helping move supplies and of course there was his day to day training that only having a fever would keep him from. The bronze had been heckling him into taking a break for a swim when the voice ran out, the faint scent of blood filling the air as the bronze sat up with interest.

A gold rises, and mine I must chase. A ripple fluttered between him and his earning a faint groan from the rider who had done his best to adjust from the last gold flight that had dug its way through Pern. Despite the initial gut reaction the rider let out a sigh as the thoughts of hope and luck were sent to him.

With those words the oversized bronze pushed off, climbing high enough until he could drift comfortably in the sky, purple eyes watching as others joined in. True, his pride easily filled his chest that he was by far superior than the rest however his record in flights had started to make him question if such things were to be.

Fianth, I would like to think I am worthy of you and Krahsujunth I envy your love for her and I will do whatever it takes to prove my strength.

---------------

Rynsaith
Positive Traits: Confident, Competitive, Outgoing
Negative Traits: Stubborn, Lazy, Bratty

Sa’do
Positive Traits: Confident, Competitive, Thoughtful
Negative Traits: Aloof, Defiant, Stubborn

Rynsaith's Stats
Base points for bronze: 45 points
-Less than 5 turns: +3 points
- Motivated: +10 points
- A High Reaches resident: +5 points
- Respectful, Polite, Loving, or Kind dragons: +5 points

Total: 68

Strength: 12
Speed: 17
Dexterity: 14
Stamina: 13
Wits: 12  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:32 am
User Image

N'vor sighed as he surveyed the ground below on top of the weyr bowl. He was perched upon Oboteth, his large bronze. They were from Western, but N'vor often found himself over at High Reaches in his spare time. His brother, N'vim, was a rider of a brown at the weyr, so he popped over often to check up on him.

N'vim would never do the same, though. Ever since they were small children, everything was a competition... everything was hostile. When they Impressed, even at different weyrs, N'vim wouldn't let go. Couldn't let go. It was a sore spot that N'vor had Impressed a bronze and had Impressed first, despite his situation. It had been a blow to N'vim's already sensitive ego.

N'vor wished he could forgive and forget, but if he was honest with himself, he knew that he wasn't faultless, either. Could he even forgive and move on? So he chose to linger at Western sometimes, trying to catch a glimpse of N'vim or his brown, Rugareth.

A gold flight was not in the cards. Oboteth tensed under N'vor, so the rider sent a questioning prod to the bronze's mind. In return he was blasted by a familiar lust.

Oh.

Gold Fianth rises, he rumbled, content green swirling and changing to blue and purple.

N'vor groaned. He wasn't prepared for this. Why now, why here? But if Oboteth wanted to fly, who was he to deny him? It was his duty as a bronze.

"Let me down in the bowl, then go and meet her," he said, weariness in his voice. Hadn't they just had a gold flight over here? Things were going to get chaotic and fast. Oboteth did as he was told and set his rider gently on the ground, before taking off again, not even willing to wait for his gear to be removed. It was just light gear for every day travel, it didn't matter to him at all!

The huge bronze beat his wings like a mighty wind as he rose to join the other suitors. Many browns, almost as many bronzes, and an unusually protective blue. Oboteth blinked slightly at this. A weyrmate? At Western, he would not have been shocked, but at High Reaches? The fact the gold didn't seem to have a colour bias made his eyes flare violet. A desirable, beautiful gold indeed!

Oh Fianth, bright Fianth! May I join your flight? We may be from different Weyrs, but our goals are the same, Oboteth sent to her, his words like a gentle caress. He hoped for acknowledgement, a confirmation that he was indeed welcome.

To Krah, he did not sent words, but peaceful feelings. He was not a threat, he wanted to say, he was not going to do her harm. He wasn't sure if the blue would be receptive to his reassurances, if he noticed them at all, but it never hurt to be polite.

N'vor looked up at the sky from the bowl, grimacing. Should he seek out the goldrider? Find some place to hide? He was frozen in place, emotions mixing in with his ability to make a decision.

About N'vor: Kind, supportive, but altrustic to a fault. He'll be looking for a place to stay, either with someone or without.

About Oboteth: A big, gentle, paternal bronze. He has fathered a clutch before and enjoys playing a fatherly role. He would want to stick around the clutch, unless Krah rips him a new face. xD

Oboteth's Stats:

Bronze: 45
A Western resident: +3

Strength: 18
Speed: 12
Dexterity: 9
Wits: 13  

ChaosTheories

Obsessive Streaker

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:36 pm
User Image

They were just passing through. One commitment-free guy and his commitment-free dragon. And High Reaches was a safe enough place to spend a few hours, seeing as how one of their queens had just risen. The odds against another going up so soon were, like, eighty-twenty, right? Seventy-thirty? They'd just stop in for news and supplies, and then they'd be on their way. In and out, nobody gets hurt.

In and out.

And in.

And out...

Thren closed his eyes and sighed.

Rixth.

Sorry.

'Sorry' implies you knew something about this before we stopped.

I didn't. But I'm still sorry.

You are not.

Thren shot a green-eyed glare at the bronze that was met by swirling purplish-blue. Following a chipper honk that sounded suspiciously like a single bark of laughter, Rixth rose to his feet, turning his attention to the gathering mass of bronze, brown, and... blue? A stormy dragon was posturing nearby, and from the way some of the others were bowing and scraping, Rixth could only assume he and the gold were bonded. Killer. You be you, little blue. He took a breath.

Brilliant, spectacular, luminous Fianth, Rixth proclaimed. Light of the weyr! He crept as casually through the crowd as his size would allow, sticking to spots where he hoped the gold wouldn't see him between herdbeasts. Mystery was enticing, or at least he thought so. Choose me, the one and only wandering Rixth, and you and your blue will only have to put up with me until our hatchlings have made their matches. No long-term competition here, you kooky lovebirds.

Quote:
Rixth's Stats
Bronze: 45pts
15 turns: +7 points
Fit: +10 points
Unaffiliated: +1
Respectful and Polite: +5pts

Strength: 16
Speed: 14
Stamina: 17
Wits: 11

npc for now
working on their profile tho

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:21 pm
NPC Gr'm and bronze Praetoth

The sweltering hot sun made Gr'm wish he was able to leave the weyr more readily, for he and Praetoth to between to somewhere cooler. He understood the bronze's want and longing to join a weyr, to protect others from Thread, but Gr'm had never been one for crowds, he had never cared much for people in general. Put too many of them in one area and they just brought the worse out in one another.

It was why the man was in his weyr, laying on the ledge beside Praetoth and just, trying to relax in as much shade as he could. The storm that had happened a couple nights past hadn't even helped to cool anything down, and he was grumbling softly.

Praetoth would have been content to lay there with his bonded but the call that rang out through the weyr and beyond caught his attention. The great bronze lifted his head, eyes whirling as he listened to everything. Fianth calls to use. Without warning his rider except with those words, Praetoth stood up, causing Gr'm to fall backwards, cursing as he did so. The man tried to reach out to the dragon but Praetoth had allowed himself to freefall from his ledge before taking wing.

Others had already gathered before him, and his eyes laced with purple found Fianth upon a herdbeast, her guardian, and lover, blue beside her. I am simple, Fianth, but take me to new heights and show me these dreams that you speak of. I will, in turn, protect you through this night, and forever stand to protect the clutch that comes.

You are being a bit presumptuous.. Gr'm reached out to Praetoth as he righted himself, glancing off the ledge and watching the dragons below. This would prove to be interesting, how long had it been since Praetoth had actually chased after a Gold. He would endure the flight lust and stay here, while sending support to his bronze.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

About Praetoth: The essence of a protector, Praetoth is built like a stone wall. A strong willed bronze who cares about protecting and keeping others safe. He has no time for those who put others in harms way, especially when they make stupid decisions.

About Gr'm: A strong and silent type. Gr'm has been at High Reaches now since Thread returned, but he spent much of his younger time as a mercenary before, and after he impressed Praetoth. Going back to the weyr was strange, but he is slowly getting used to it again.

Praetoth's Stats
Bronze: 45
16-45: 10
Fit/Motivated: 10
High Reaches Native: 5
Respectful: 5
Total: 75

Dexterity: 12
Wits: 15  

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:10 pm
Straying near High Reaches, as it turned out, would be a happy accident. The enormous, scarred bronze snapped his head up at the sound of a bugled challenge, multi-faceted eyes beginning to whirl a deep, pure indigo.

"Garganth. Garganth, no."

She calls! He swung his head furiously from side to side as he tried to fight his rider's stubborn resistance. I must!

"We aren't here to play with Weyr dragons!" He snarled--and practically roared with irritation as his dragon very carefully laid down and rolled to the side so that he had no choice but to slip off, no matter how he grabbed at the harnesses. You find your queen. I will come back. A churr of love rumbled deep within his throat, and he nosed affectionately his rider before he leapt into the air.

So many had come to court the golden beauty! Garganth was not surprised. Why, there was even a blue, and that pleased him greatly. Why shouldn't a blue get to play, as well? Garganth knew he was not what people thought of as an ideal bronze... so, it should stand to reason that other colors would not be what people thought of them, either!

Golden Fianth! I have answered your call! He bugled joyously, winging after the glowing Queen.

His rider swore softly under his breath, glowering after his rapidly departing bronze.... and then, forcing himself into a trot, he headed towards the entrance of High Reaches. His queen, huh?

Maybe.

---

About Garganth: Garganth is an immense creature, scarred and snaggle-toothed from fights with other dragons during mating flights. As a result, he looks rather bestial, and his tendency to stay more quiet only lends to the idea that he is a vicious, brutal creature. In truth, Garganth is not the brightest bulb. He prefers the simple and straight forward, and will gladly throw himself at any task assigned to him. He is a sensitive beast to boot, often flinching away from harsh words or insults. From a young age, he was forced to learn how to be gentle due to his size, and he is an affectionate, eager-to-please creature once he feels he can trust someone. And it isn't hard to earn his trust. Those looking to manipulate him will find a perfect target.... assuming they can get past his rider

NPC Garganth's Stats

48 Turns turns: +7 points
- Fit/Motivated: +10 points
-Unaffiliated: +1

Stamina: 20
Wits: 8  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:33 pm
User Image

Elzebuth had launched himself hard off of his weyr before G'ran even understood what was happening, leaving the big man to swear to himself even as his enormous brown flew hard towards the rising Queen in the distance. Elzebuth may have failed to capture Rhianth, but this was another opportunity! He was hardly discouraged, after all, and sent warm acknowledgements towards both Krahsujunth and Fianth.

Most golden of Queens. He purred, displaying how his huge wings and his impressive stature, now that he had reached his full growth. Come. I am not here for your hearts, but to provide you and yours with what you most desire. I will provide you a strong, healthy clutch. My lineage is strong, and I will only continue to become stronger and more powerful. Allow me to do this for you.

He paid little attention to his other competitors, his eyes whirling lust and desire.

Elzebuth's Stats

- Less than 5 turns: +3 points
-A High Reaches resident: +5pts
Total: 58 points

Strength: 15
Stamina: 11
Wits: 12  

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

Dragon Berri

Shameless Tipper

21,000 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:51 pm
Quest/NPC P'enli & Bronze Tinsereth

It was so hot. P'enli's shirt was soaked to his skin, but he needed to get this firestone packed up and back home. Between would be a blessing of a couple seconds at least before they returned to Western where they could perhaps go for a swim. "Ready to go back, Tinsereth?" he asked of his bronze. A rumble was the answer the rider received and he looked up to the large head lifted in the air to better hear the bugle that sounded.

A queen rises, Mine, Tinsereth said, wings ruffling.

"No. Absolutely not. We do not have time for this," P'enli attempted to talk some sense into his dragon, but now that attention had been brought to it he knew what it was that had made him feel off since they'd arrived. "Ningesth would be upset with you." It was a last ditch effort, especially since he could already see the signs of his dragon about to take off.

P'enli sighed in resignation and pulled the bags of firestone out of the way. "Go. Catch a queen, and deal with your own consequences," he warned. He could feel the smile in Tinsereth's tone as he replied.

Ningesth will forgive me, as I believe Pemli would forgive you.

There was laughter across their bond as P'enli's face burned red and not from the heat. Obviously he knew what happened to riders during a flight, and he wondered if he would be able to fight the feelings or if he would be drawn to the queen's rider. Only time would tell, he supposed. Out of the way of his dragon's wingspan, P'enli watched as Tinsereth took to the sky, bugling an answer to the challenge given by the queen.

Sweet and incandescent Fianth, how you glimmer in the sunlight! Krahsujunth is a lucky dragon indeed to have earned the love of such a queen, Tinsereth flirted outrageously. With a golden queen of his own at home, the bronze merely wanted to give the pair a chance they would not otherwise have. But that didn't mean he couldn't also enjoy himself, did it?

Tinsereth's Stats
- Between 6-15 turns: +7 points
- A Western resident: +3
- Respectful, Polite, Loving, or Kind dragons: +5pts

Speed: 15
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:12 am
User Image

- Between 6-15 turns: +7 points
-A High Reaches resident: +5pts

Total: 72 Points

Stamina: 22

Was he really 30 already? It hadn't felt like he was that old, he felt old at any rate and he was certain Tarenoth was still feeling spry, he had turned 14 this year. It was just the years of training and moving up and down the ranks repeatedly. T'nor was feeling as though he was ready to retire, maybe un-affiliate himself from the weyr and just be a freelance flyer and just teach what he's learned over his 14 years of flying with his dragon.

Who was to say really what would happen.

The wing second gave a stretch as he felt the stirrings of his bronze from the gold's call. There had been another flight not long before and he felt as though people were still coming down from that and here went another one!

'She is rising mine, I hear her call. T'nor heard his dragon clearly and smiled. 'Then show her that you're worthy of her calling.' Despite the previous flights Tarenoth had joined over the years, he'd never successfully caught a gold. He could feel his dragons despair almost, it was like a slap to the face in some way. 12 years of flying gold after gold and all of them had found worthier suitors, perhaps he'd finally catch this one, even if she wouldn't be his mate.

Tarenoth was aware of the Gold's Blue mate and felt for him a great deal. The male was almost playing the same game Tarenoth was, except he had a chance to clutch with her, though the blue had something far greater, her love. He admired him greatly for that but would still do his best to give the Blue's Gold a worthy flight.

Taking to the air he called out to Fianth, "Oh splendid beauty of sunlight, While I will never be the winner of your heart, I shall certainly try to be the winner of this day with you."

Tarenoth was never much one to assume he'd win anything, it wasn't in his nature.

"Dearest Krahsujunth, I shall try to be worthy of your beautiful gemstone." His words to the blue as he prepared himself for the flight to come.

T'nor on the other hand tried to stick away from as many people as possible, he wasn't trying to have any kids out of the whole ordeal then again he really didn't have anyone he quite fancied at the moment anyway. While being with someone would be nice and all he was quite content being alone for the time being.

ShinosBee

Uta

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:45 pm

Dobrokhoth did not often concern himself overmuch with Flights. Oh, he chased now and then, enjoying the company and the inherent celebration of it all, but to win or not was rarely of consequence to him. Still, Fianth's call caught his interest all the same; as a Queen of High Reaches, she deserved no less than the full attention of all the Weyr's eligible males, and so the dusty brown attended without hesitation. And, as was only proper, he was one of many: bronzes, fellow browns, and the gold's favored blue. It was a peculiar pairing, one his own rider was bewildered by, but Dobrokhoth had no objections. Fianth was a Queen, and it was for no one below her to question her choices or what brought her happiness. If Krahsujunth was good to her, that was all that mattered.

He sent wordless, respectful acknowledgement to the storm-hided blue, and let his gaze trace across the other suitors who had gathered around. There were more than a few he didn't recognize, and his deep purple eyes flecked through with more and more orange-red the more foreigners he picked out. He shifted his posture unconsciously, mantling his wings and stifling down the threatening rumble that wanted to rattle its way out of his throat. No. Not now. This day, this moment, was for Fianth, and he would not make a scene here. Elsewhere, during the Flight...perhaps. If they did not behave themselves, or slipped just a little too close, well, scraps mid-Flight were common enough, expected, and a swipe or tweaked tail here and there were nothing.

He turned his gaze back where it belonged, and relaxed his stance, releasing the anger until such time as it was appropriate. Lady Fianth, he purred, bowing his head in deference. Your attendants stand ready to serve, so that you need not concern yourself with the foreign or the unfaithful.

In the cool of the Lower Caverns, M'yk steadied himself and growled. This was- This was not good timing, in the middle of the day and with so many crowded inside the depths of the Weyr to escape the heat. At least for Rhianth's Flight, he'd been asleep and in his weyr, and Dobrokhoth hadn't been interested anyway. Shaffit. It was going to be a long, unpleasant walk up to where he needed to be for all this mess.

---

Dobrokhoth
Positive Traits:
dutiful, brave, works and plays hard
Negative Traits: xenophobic, territorial, expects 110% from everyone

My'k
Positive Traits:
reliable, hardworking, content
Negative Traits: sexist, judgemental, unimaginative

Respectful, Polite, Loving, or Kind dragons: +5pts (unless you're foreign. hiss!!)
Total: 67

Strength: 10
Speed: 14
Dexterity: 15
Stamina: 11
Wits: 17

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers