Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:45 pm
While Kahbrohm visually didn't seem to be as enthralled as his brother was, Meigth could tell that he had enjoyed it just as much as Dehka did. Ah, perhaps a nice sensitive brown would round that boy out. Though who knew what fate would hold for both boys. Certainly not him. No, he'd found his perfect match many turns ago, and he would not pretend to know what another would find.

"He ended up needing some stitches, but he would impress a hearty blue later on," though if that blue was in the same clutch or another, N'ori didn't specify. He was only vague in such details on days the sun shone in the sky, truly. As for the green...

She impressed to a nice young girl who had the patience to deal with her tantrums. Meigth informed. His own entrance had hardly been the least exciting of them, but there had been others met with much more fervor and murmur amongst the Weyrlings for days to follow after. Which had been just fine. He hadn't impressed his chosen in order to be flashy.

"Yeah, but you didn't have to wait. You were picked out your first time on the sands!" Kahbrohm pointed out.

"And that doesn't mean my dragon was any better for finding me quickly, or me for being there at the right time. If you have to wait for a perfect match, you'll find it was worth it."

Kahbrohm didn't look convinced.

Tsunake

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:03 pm
His freckled face turned up in a bright smile at that, completely and utterly happy that everyone had gotten a happy ending in the end. "I'm glad!" Young dragons just didn't have the restraint like bonded ones did, so to hear that she'd found her chosen was a relief.

"I think it'd be worth waiting, if that means finding your dragon." Dehka said thoughtfully, then paused. He certainly wasn't trying to contradict or antagonize his brother--it just seemed like... well... why make a dragon pick him, if there was someone else out there who was a much better fit?

"B-But, I bet you won't have to wait!" He added, and he truly believed it. How could a dragon pass up Kahbrohm? He was confident, strong, and fearless. The perfect partner for fighting Thread...

demon_pachabel

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:48 pm
Impatience seemed to ooze off of Kahbrohm as he gave his brother a long, judging leer. Trust Dehka to have a virtue like being able to wait. "A dragon with good taste will pick me and that's that," which wasn't exactly the nicest way of putting it, but clearly everybody thought their own dragon had good taste, "Waiting is just a bad decision on their part."

Meigth rumbled on his ledge, though if he had opinions on the matter, he didn't seem too quick on the draw to share them.

"Waiting for a dragon isn't a bad thing," N'ori finally interjected, "If I hadn't been there, Meigth would have chosen no other. I expect you to take that to heart if one of our visiting candidates from Western impresses, Kahbrohm." He pointedly aimed the comment at his firstborn (though truly, Dehka could have possibly been the elder), knowing that he was the one more likely to be offended by it all. Dehka had a cooler head on his shoulders, after all.

Kahbrohm shot his father an offended look, though he understood immediately why it had been a judging statement aimed at him. "As long as they're worth it," he grumbled.

Tsunake

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:08 pm
Dehka shifted a little underneath such a judgmental stare, but forced himself to try and hold Kahbrohm's eye... Which was a lot easier said than done. Fortunately, before he could fill his will threatening to waver, his father spoke up, and the younger boy exhaled quietly with relief. Of course, he grew very still when N'ori mentioned that Meigth wouldn't have picked anyone else. If his mother hadn't been able to get N'ori to the Weyr...

...everything could have been different...

He shook off those thoughts, because there was no point in dwelling on it. N'ori had made it to High Reaches, and he and Meigth had found each other. "They will be." He confirmed quietly, a small half-smile pulling at his lips. "Once they find you, it won't matter how long it took."

He truly believed that with all his heart.

demon_pachabel

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:20 pm
There is no reason to rush it Meigth contributed helpfully, though N'ori had clearly said plenty on his thoughts about it all. After all, as the only dragon in the room, he had an insight that even his lifemate didn't. I know you will both be happy to be overwhelmingly chosen, rather than settled for, it was a distinction that some candidates were impatient over.

He was being vetoed on all fronts, and Kahbrohm folded his arms, leaning his weight onto one foot and looking completely unhappy. If he was honest, he didn't think that any pairing was fated. Only that there were markers that a dragon needed fulfilled - more dragons would impress far younger or far older than they did if they could only have one person out of them all...wouldn't they? "I don't think someone else will be chosen over me," he stated firmly. If there was a way to know what a dragon was looking for? Kahbrohm would have introduced himself to any who were looking for one just like him.

Too bad it was such a secret.

"You'll both impress fine dragons precisely when they are ready for you," N'ori affirmed with certainty. "And the Weyr will be better for it."

Tsunake

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces