Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[The Forge] Feathers! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Nyx Queen of Darkness rolled 3 100-sided dice: 99, 76, 92 Total: 267 (3-300)

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:40 pm
Feathers: 4
Dice 13 of 20

Zephirine Amachi-Tyrell wove her way through the brush and brambles. The birds trilled in the trees above her but not a feather dropped. This quest had seemed easy from the beginning, perhaps too easy. Apparently birds really didn't like to share their feathers, even when they were done with them. Possesive little creatures was what they were. So far she'd found four and had spent hours beating the bushes with a group of soquili. Unfortunately, boredom was about the only thing they'd be threatened with here.

Odessa had told Zephirine that this would be a tedious quest. It involved a lot of searching and time. Birds used their own feathers to build their nests and were loathe to share them. She had tried to tell Zephirine that they'd do better finding birds they knew or birds that wanted to trade. But she had not listened.

Caught in a bush of berries were two pristine feathers. Hawk feathers she' guess if she had to. Zephirine picked them up and tucked them into her bag to carry back. "Just a bit longer. We have four feathers now, we'll try a little longer."  
AstoriaFallen rolled 3 100-sided dice: 16, 80, 32 Total: 128 (3-300)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:05 pm
Arubus let out a small thrill of excitement. "Datura! Here is one!" Digging in a nearby shrub he pulled out a magnificent looking flower.

The mare, pleased by the newest discovery, walked over towards him and collected it up. "Now let's see if we can keep up this feather finding streak."  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Crew

Winter Wolf

LOLTERGEIST rolled 3 100-sided dice: 60, 1, 69 Total: 130 (3-300)

LOLTERGEIST

Crew

A Knife

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:26 am
Eleanor continued her search for feathers, sticking her nose into bushes while Ashe flew into the tree tops in search. They stomped around the woods, the mare breaking out into a song about feathers made up on the fly. Though they didn't succeed in finding any, she didn't let it ruin her mood. The sun was shining through the canopy and she had made new friends!

Dice Rolled: 12/20
Feathers Found: 5

HoneyTeaTree rolled 3 100-sided dice: 49, 98, 21 Total: 168 (3-300)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:53 pm
At long last he had found a second feather! Fracas practically cried out in his excitement.

Cordial hopped down to collect the feather that he had pointed out to her and happily gathered it up, returning to her spot in Fracas' mane, and gently tied the feather in place for safe keeping. "See, I told you you would find another one," she cheerfully chirped.

"Yes, you did. Thank you for your encouragement." There was a gentle smile on his face as he continued to look about, hoping to find a few more feathers. He hoped to return to the Forgemaster with more than two feathers to his name.

"How are you all fairing," he asked his companions. "Better than I, I hope."

dice rolled: 10/20
feathers found: 2/20  

HoneyTeaTree

Anxious Goat

Nyx Queen of Darkness rolled 3 100-sided dice: 84, 49, 24 Total: 157 (3-300)

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:37 pm
Feathers: 5
Dice 16 of 20

Odessa flitted back and forth amongst the trees searching high and low for a stray feather. There was a nest a few branches up that she crept up on. There were small eggs nested in there but on the side of the little nest was a feather tuft sticking mostly out. She took her time examining it. It didn't seem to be essential to the structure of the nest so it would not mess up the nest or cause any issues with the eggs. The last thing she wanted was for the eggs to be injured or to be injured if the parents came back to catch her.

The coast seemed clear enough. The mother could not be far though. Gently, she tugged the feather microscopically forward. She wiggled it forward with her beak tugging it closer and closer to freedom. A flapping of wings warned her almost too late. The mother bird, who was far larger than herself, was fixing to land and had spotted her.

Odessa yanked the feather free and flitted off being chased by the irate mother who was hurling all kinds of noises of displeasure in her direction. Twice, the mother almost caught her but she was faster. The first miss had been only because she'd weaved. The second though had been because she had squeezed into a small knot in a hole in a tree. It was too small for the mother bird to follow her--it was almost too small for her.

The mother bird's beaks pecked at her missing her by less than a feather's width. Heart racing, she waited for her to leave.

Zephirine saw Odessa extricating the feather with meticulous precision. When the mother bird took after her they almost moved too fast for her eyes to follow. When her little companion got wedged in the tree, she knew that she had to help or risk her getting pecked to death.

Using her tail, she scooped up a acorn and flung it at the tree, an inch from the mother bird's head. The bird stopped and turned toward her in amazement.

"Next one hits you birdy." Her tail had already curled around the next acorn and was pulled back like a whip ready to crack. "Your choice. You leave one way or another." Zephirine gave her that wicked smile. The mother bird hesitated only a moment longer before she flew away in a huff.

Odessa finally squeezed herself out and nested in Zephirine's hair as Zephirine put the feather away with the others. This one was the smallest they'd found yet, but it was bright blue and black. Zephirine personally thought that made up for it's size.  
AstoriaFallen rolled 6 100-sided dice: 68, 16, 15, 69, 47, 80 Total: 295 (6-600)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:31 pm
15/20 dice rolled
Feathers found: 2

Asbru chirped with excitement and flew ahead of Datura and landed upon a branch not far away. "I've found another one for you Dat!" He was quite pleased as he puffed up his own feathers in a display of pride.

"Thank you Asbru! I'm glad you're helping me because if not, I'm quite certain I'd never find any." The mare said with a light laugh as she looked at the other's, most of which had found more than her already.

"you all must tell me your secret." She mused.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Crew

Winter Wolf

LOLTERGEIST rolled 8 100-sided dice: 3, 58, 58, 91, 86, 73, 78, 15 Total: 462 (8-800)

LOLTERGEIST

Crew

A Knife

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:44 pm
The sun was beginning to set and Eleanor didn't much feel like staying out in the woods when night fell - who knew what creatures would be lurking! She decided to give one last search, rustling in bushes. She managed to find two more feathers before she turned to the others. "I'm going to head back now, it's getting dark. Come find me if you like! I'll be staying the night." With her goodbyes said, she turned and headed back to the Forge.

As promised, Ashe waited a distance away out of the Forgemaster's sight, lest she cause him discomfort. He seemed pleased with Eleanor's efforts and accepted the feathers with a large smile, handing over gold pieces for each one, plus some extra for her hard work and then extending an offer for her to help herself to whatever food and drink was on offer this evening. Eleanor accepted with a gracious bow and moved towards the fire.
Dice Rolled: 20/20
Feathers Found: 7

AstoriaFallen rolled 5 100-sided dice: 46, 70, 99, 30, 43 Total: 288 (5-500)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:02 pm
20/20
3 feathers found

Arubus thrilled with excitement and flew ahead into another bush. "Datura! Here!" Landing on a nearby branch he poked his head into the leaves and pulled out another feather for her.

"Well done Arubus! If I haven't had you with me I never would have found anything." The pale colored mare said with a laugh as she took the feather and tucked it away with the others.

"It seems to be that we've done all the searching we can do for the day, shall we take these three beauties to the forgemaster?"

Arubus gave a nod of his head and they headed back towards the forgemaster.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Crew

Winter Wolf

HoneyTeaTree rolled 5 100-sided dice: 58, 7, 61, 46, 56 Total: 228 (5-500)

HoneyTeaTree

Anxious Goat

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:12 pm
Fracas still wasn't having much luck finding any feathers for the forgemaster. The mares he had come with seemed to be having much better luck than he, and Fracas couldn't help but feel a bit envious. If only the spirits were as willing to be kind to him as they were with the mares. Ah well, he could at least say he tried, couldn't he?

Cordial was busying herself with tying the two feathers he had found up within his mane, making a neat little accessory for him while he carried them. Perhaps it was a good thing he had only discovered two feathers so far... Otherwise Cordial may have turned his mane in to that of a sparsely plumed hippogryph's. He snorted at the thought and went along on his way, searching through bushes and the underbrush.

"Find any more feathers?" Cordial piped up from within his mane.

"None yet I'm afraid. I'll do another search and if that doesn't yield any, I'm afraid we'll have to head back with what we have."

Feathers found: 2
Dice rolled: 15/20  
HoneyTeaTree rolled 5 100-sided dice: 52, 3, 49, 53, 11 Total: 168 (5-500)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:09 pm
Fracas searched through one last bush, but it was to no avail. He hadn't found more than two, single feathers. He sighed heavily as he removed his head from between the branches of the bush he had been searching in and gave a shake of his head to free any branches that had caught in his mane.

The stallion looked at his companions, happy to see them so successful. "Well, you all seem to have come out of this better than I. If you're ready, I think it's time we return to the Forge. It's starting to get late, the sun is beginning to set, and I don't know the area well enough to tell if it's safe to stay out at night." He offered them all a patient smile and began making his way back to the Forge.

"I wonder what the Forgemaster will do with all these feathers, Fracas." Cordial was sitting beside his ear, gently holding on to a lock of his man in order to keep herself safe within his multicolored mane. "Feather armor doesn't seem very practical. Unless soquili want to go around looking like giant chickens..."

"No, small one, I doubt they do. I'm sure he has a use for them, don't you worry." The stallion carefully walked along. "The feathers are secure, yes?"

"They are!"

"Good, then let us be on our way," came the ever-gentle hum of Fracas' voice. While he wasn't sure the coin he would earn from this would be much, he was sure he would cross paths with someone who could use it more than he.

"Do you think there will be food to eat when we're back," Cordial asked quietly.

The question earned a soft chuckle from the draft and he carefully nodded his head. "I'm sure there will be. The Forgemaster doesn't seem like a host that will leave his guests wanting."

feathers collected: 2/20
dice rolled: 20/20  

HoneyTeaTree

Anxious Goat

Nyx Queen of Darkness rolled 2 20-sided dice: 7, 20 Total: 27 (2-40)

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:26 pm
DICE  
Nyx Queen of Darkness rolled 2 100-sided dice: 83, 31 Total: 114 (2-200)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:29 pm
After the mother bird debacle, Zephirine had asked Odessa to stay close. She was afraid that her little companion would get injured if she went back flitting in the trees. Odessa would never admit it, but Zeph had seen the fear in her as she dodge peck after peck. Luckily, mother bird hadn't been a long beaked bird or she might have been impaled.

Though she'd often heard of the term "beating the bushes" she had never taken it as quite so literal. Each bush was shook out and looked under, then shook again for good measure. After about ten bushes, Zeph was highly irritated with their lack of finding feathers. Evidently, everyone in the entire lands and their brother were looking for feathers. This area had probably been picked over before they got here. Just as she was giving up she saw something long that looked kind of grey and black.

Digging beneath the branches of some flowering shrub, she found a large goose feather. It was black with grey and white, extremely long. It was very fine and in mint condition. This feather would make up for all the other feathers with it's pristine beauty. She was of half a mind to keep it rather than trading it to he Forgemaster. But then, she could go look for feahers anytime while opportunities like this to get paid for feathers was rare.

Putting the feather in the bag, she took another look around at her companions. Each of them was searching in every nook and cranny in the area. Some had more feathers than others, but all had at least found one. She considered for a moment whether she should look for more. But really, she had six now and these had taken hours. She felt that it was likely not worth it to look longer and waste more time. No feather would be able to top the last one anyways.  

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
Nyx Queen of Darkness rolled 2 100-sided dice: 45, 60 Total: 105 (2-200)

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:40 pm
"I think that's enough, don't you?" She asked Odessa as the bird flitted over to a flower for a drink of nectar.

Odessa was more than done, she'd passed done at least an hour ago. "Yes, I think these will impress him!" She chirped merrily.

Zephirine gave her a side-long look and smiled, showing her teeth. "Liar."

Odessa flitted her wings at her and made a kind of snobbish gesture. "Well, you wouldn't like to hear the truth either. This took too long and being almost killed by an irate mother bird was not the highlight of my day."

"Rude." Zephirine rolled her eyes at Odessa before laughing. "Well, at least today wasn't boring."

"Nothing is ever boring with you. You don' have a boring bone in your body," Odessa trilled.

Zephirine laughed again. "Let's see if the others are almost ready to go. There are dark things in these woods, so it'd be best not to travel alone." Turning, she and Odessa went to see how many feathers everyone else had gathered.  
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff