A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[GREENFLIGHT] A Merry Chase in the Twilight (Moirath) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
faesinger generated a random number between 1 and 19 ... 2!

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:29 pm
Roll Strength plus Speed

Moirath giggled in delight at the males. Each was so different from the next it was wonderful. Each one so interesting in their own way! How would she choose? She wasn’t ready yet. Nope, not yet. Too much fun to be had still. Moirath gave a little twirl before taking off again. They were heading away from the Weyr now. Faster and faster she went, delighting in the feeling of the wind against her hide. Part of her longed for the end, but she refused to let it happen. She still had no idea who to chose! Why? She asked the chasers. Why you?

Round One: 10+9+11=30 Roll: 1
Round Two: 12+11=23 Roll: 5
Round Three: 9+10=19 Roll: 2  
Zaikt generated a random number between 1 and 17 ... 5!
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:34 pm
NPC BROWN YIHOTH

Why me? Why indeed. The gears turn in his head, and Yihoth angles himself after her almost on autopilot.
'Cause I'll do right by you, Moirath. Your first flight ought'a be somethin' special, after all, and I know I can help you make it perfect. The croon that reverberates through his ribs is a deep bass rumble, hopefully loud enough to be heard over the noise of the wind rushing by them. I know I'm not the brightest of the bunch, but I can manage feelings a whole lot better--and I got those in spades. If you give me a chance, I promise you won't regret a thing.

A nagging thought at the back of his head wants him to check on where his competitors were. He hadn't seen any of them peel off out of the corner of his eye, giving up the chase--which meant they were still there, somewhere. It's hard to not worry about them, but Yihoth takes a moment to remind himself to keep his attention where it mattered most--on Moirath herself.

---

Round 1 : Roll Speed + Strength + Cunning ; 6+11+5=22. Rolled: 2.
Round 2 : Roll Dexterity + Cunning ; 7+5=13. Rolled: 11.
Round 3 : Roll Strength + Speed ; 11+6=17. Rolled 5.

NPC Yihoth: A massive (literally) sweetheart with a down-home sense of hospitality and kindness, Yihoth is a gentle giant who's commonly described as a thoughtful, considerate dragon. Unfortunately, he can be a bit of a doormat due to how much he wants to please others, and isn't so great at standing up for himself.
NPC R'gal: Fun-loving, talkative, and a bit air-headed, R'gal is a thrillseeker who loves finding new and interesting ways to bring people together. Sometimes he doesn't plan that well, though, and he winds up overstepping boundaries without thinking. Whoops!
Basically just here to cheer on aforementioned big boy.

STATS
Brown: 35
Over 10: +5

Strength: 11
Dexterity: 7
Cunning: 5
Speed: 6
Endurance: 11  

Zaikt
Crew

Otherworldly Plague

20,675 Points
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Galactic Domination 200
  • That One Hero 500
Tsunake generated a random number between 1 and 17 ... 9!

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:19 pm
Why him? Oh, oh dear. Mnereth felt himself getting flustered, trying to come up with something--anything. In the end, he decided that being honest would be best. He didn't have a silver tongue like some dragons, but he liked it that way. I admire your spirit. He said simply. Her vibrance, her very essence--how could one not get lost by simply watching?

Oh. Except getting lost wasn't the point, was it?

Blue Mnereth: A calm, unflappable blue who seeks out the glorious things in life for his rider. Easy-going and confident, he is a bright dragon, but his intelligence rarely manifests itself verbally. Mnereth prides himself on using as few words as possible, and is very much a daydreamer. He is quite shy with the ladies, however.

K'lar: An anxious man who will not be participating.

STATS
Blue: +40
Dragon Over 10: +5
Clever: +3?

Strength: 6
Dexterity: 15
Cunning: 11
Speed: 11
Endurance: 5

r1: 22
r2: 1
r3: 9  
medigel generated a random number between 1 and 14 ... 9!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:40 pm
Why? Uh. He wasn't used to getting so pointedly asked. Flights sort of just...took you around and all that. Thinking on the fly was more Diz's thing, though the bronze had tried to pick up tricks.

He hastened forward to keep up, though he struggled. < Well. Um. I'm rhyming with you! > Cusnth said. < Which makes me pretty smart! Once we're together, Moirath, we won't ever have to be apart! >

Are you seriously nursery rhyming for sex?

- - - - - - - - - - - -
[ the disasters in full ]
d'iz diz is a wily, upbeat, and easygoing jokester with impulsive decision making, a hidden inferiority complex, and a general knack for troublemaking
cusnth is a daring do-gooder with hearts of gold who just so happens to share his rider's insecurity issues on top of being an awkward dolt and a perfectionist

bronze cusnth
Strength: 9
Dexterity: 5
Cunning: 6
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9

r1: 1
r2: 10

medigel

Anxious Spirit

demon_pachabel generated a random number between 1 and 17 ... 1!

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:11 pm
NPC Blue Shireth

Why? There are many better questions than *why*, my dear! But if it must be the question of why, then why not me? Ah, I could list faults and strengths and give you reasons for this or that until we were all blue dragons. Shireth hummed as he spoke, like there was a song trapped in his chest he was ready to burst with.

You are the spell I have come to be put under, and that must be enough. and so intent was he to that, he was not much a show off in the chase.

----

NPC Shireth - A 16 turn on Blue. He really likes to unravel words and see where they take him. Even Shireth isn't quite sure what he is going to say or do next. He isn't very constant and his moods change just as quickly as what he is saying. He may not be born and bred High Reaches, but he and His have lived there quite long enough!

Shireth's Stats:
Blue: 40
Clever: (If you squint the right way) +3

Strength: 7
Cunning: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6

Round 1: 4
Round 2: 22
Round 3: 1  
faesinger generated a random number between 1 and 21 ... 10!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:35 pm
Roll Dexterity plus Strength

Oh dear, oh dear. That hadn’t helped at all. They all were so unique! It would be like choosing a waterfall from a fire. There was no comparing them, they were each themselves. She wanted to taste all the flavors and knew she had to choose just one. Hmmmmmmmmmmm…...she hummed audibly. Well then… tree! Moirath nearly ran into a tree she was so deep in concentration. Trees! She began weaving and dancing among the treetops. All good answers! You are making this not easy, so I shall do the same!

Round Four: 12+9=21 Roll: 10  

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

Zaikt generated a random number between 1 and 18 ... 5!

Zaikt
Crew

Otherworldly Plague

20,675 Points
  • That One Hero 500
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:43 pm
NPC BROWN YIHOTH

Don't you worry about it none, Moirath. You've got all the time in the world to choose.

He's doing his best to stay close to her, but as soon as she started dancing through the treetops, Yihoth's hearts sank. Movements like that were for far more agile dragons than himself, and he was more than embarrassed at how many times he came close to taking out a branch or two at such close proximity. Difficulty or no, Yihoth was still in this chase all the same. He could only hope that his endurance would count for something.

---

Round 4 : Roll Dexterity + Strength ; 7+11=18. Rolled 5.

Total : 23.

NPC Yihoth: A massive (literally) sweetheart with a down-home sense of hospitality and kindness, Yihoth is a gentle giant who's commonly described as a thoughtful, considerate dragon. Unfortunately, he can be a bit of a doormat due to how much he wants to please others, and isn't so great at standing up for himself.
NPC R'gal: Fun-loving, talkative, and a bit air-headed, R'gal is a thrillseeker who loves finding new and interesting ways to bring people together. Sometimes he doesn't plan that well, though, and he winds up overstepping boundaries without thinking. Whoops!

STATS

Tsunake generated a random number between 1 and 21 ... 3!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:10 pm
No, she shouldn't make it easy for them. This was her moment, and even as the sky grew darker in preparation for the oncoming night, she glowed brighter than any star in the sky. Mnereth was so enraptured that he, too, nearly hit a tree, drawing up sharply with palpable surprise. He hesitated for only a moment before beating his wings hard to race after her, weaving as best he could through the forest.

Trust your instincts. He advised, encouraging. She would choose who was best for her--and that was how it should be.

Blue Mnereth: A calm, unflappable blue who seeks out the glorious things in life for his rider. Easy-going and confident, he is a bright dragon, but his intelligence rarely manifests itself verbally. Mnereth prides himself on using as few words as possible, and is very much a daydreamer. He is quite shy with the ladies, however.

K'lar: An anxious man who will not be participating.

STATS
Blue: +40
Dragon Over 10: +5
Clever: +3?

Strength: 6
Cunning: 11
Speed: 11
Endurance: 5

r1: 22
r2: 1
r4: 3
Total: 36  

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

demon_pachabel generated a random number between 1 and 22 ... 9!

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:33 pm
NPC Blue Shireth

Just as focused, Shireth wasn't exactly the most graceful of dodgers when it came to avoiding crashing into the trees himself, jerking up suddenly - but still ever so delighted about it with his trumpets and twirls.

Why should it be easy when fun is clearly the better choice? Run us all ragged and then you can have a tailor sew up the pieces into a new dragon to romp and roam with! Oh! Would it be a blue because two of us are blue?

----

NPC Shireth - A 16 turn on Blue. He really likes to unravel words and see where they take him. Even Shireth isn't quite sure what he is going to say or do next. He isn't very constant and his moods change just as quickly as what he is saying. He may not be born and bred High Reaches, but he and His have lived there quite long enough!

Shireth's Stats:

Round 4:  
faesinger generated a random number between 1 and 17 ... 10!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:12 am
Roll Endurance plus Strength

Moirath still hadn’t figured out how to choose and she was getting tired. Up. She had to go up. She began to climb and climb. It wasn’t easy and she strained against her tired wings. There were no fancy moves, just a steady climb upwards. Her wings felt heavy and she new the time to choose was near. Alas fair Yihoth, I must choose tonight. Perhaps the others will chase again and win in future flights. Instincts are helpful, dear Mnereth, but only tell you so much. I love the why and instincts often keep that to themselves. Fun sweet Shireth? The next great adventure awaits up but first we must conclude this one. Lovely Cusnth, perhaps a rhymn of a different sort will await us. We will all have to see!

Round Four: 12+9=21 Roll: 10
Round Five: 8+9=17 Roll: 10
Total: 28

'demon_pachabel

'Tsunake

'Zaikt

'medigel

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

Zaikt generated a random number between 1 and 22 ... 4!

Zaikt
Crew

Otherworldly Plague

20,675 Points
  • That One Hero 500
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:21 am
NPC BROWN YIHOTH

From the moment Moirath began shooting straight upwards, Yihoth's hearts were in his throat. This was it--she'd make her decision so painfully soon, and he couldn't quite smother the quiet thrill of nerves rippling through him at the thought. He'd done his best to match the other chasers' agility, but with the way they were going now, no amount of twists and tricks would get them to the finish line. He rises after her, almost completely silent for once, at least physically--there's still a soft rumble escaping him, the sign of worry mixed with pure anticipation.

You'll make the right choice, whoever it is. You've got this.

---

Round 4 : Roll Dexterity + Strength ; 7+11=18. Rolled 5.
Round 5 : Roll Endurance + Strength ; 11+11=22. Rolled 4.

Total : 27.

STATS

demon_pachabel generated a random number between 1 and 13 ... 13!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:48 am
NPC Blue Shireth

Only one would sweep the lovely green off her wings that night, but how many more questions did she have welled up inside of her? Shireth wanted to pick through them all and see what new thoughts he could find. Ah, but it feels like the adventure has barely begun for you, lovely Moirath! Will it find the conclusion you are looking for or will you have to start up a new one to try again?

----

Shireth's Stats:

Round 4: 9
Round 5:  

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

faesinger generated a random number between 1 and 4 ... 1!

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:49 pm
She didn’t want to end it yet. She wanted to choose them all. Each so unique and wonderful. Could she split herself apart? Just for the night? But no. Reality was that there could be only one. Moriath began to tire and falter. It was time to choose. A choice then. She said. A choice for a promise. You said you’d do right. So don’t you dare be wrong! Yihoth, come and catch me.

Zaikt

Rolling for Winner!
1. Yihoth
2. Shireth
3. Mnereth
4. Cusnth  
[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers