Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:33 pm
I'm Here For You, Flit Baby!
Character Name: Sura
What are they offering for food?: Part of a cooked seafood roll - Sura was hungry too.

Quite a bit of fuss, my dear. Sura noted to Esurienth, who huddled half-mantled in her wallow as she watched others beginning to leave at the notice. While the gold gave no verbal answer, there was a tittering in her mental touches that betrayed her curiosity as to what they were all skittering away to.

Do you want to go look? Eyeballing the half finished roll she was eating, she wrapped it up and tucked it safely into her tunic. The dragon gave an affirmative nudge and sank so that the short woman could climb to her riding spot, secure herself in, then away they went.

The foreign beach was full of some familiar and just as many unfamiliar faces, the pair settling down enough of a distance away to keep Esurienth from feeling crowded. Sura stroked her nose lovingly before moving forward to get a better look. She wasn't afraid of a crowd.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:25 pm
Word got around fast about some firelizard clutch hatching on some beach or another. Part of J'lar was fine and dandy with simply staying in with Loreleth, given he already had a young blue fire-lizard and didn't really think he needed another... But he could feel the swell of excitement the moment Brieteth reached out, and wouldn't deny His the chance for another visit.

"I'm a coming," he assured, pushing aside the leather he'd been working on. Making straps took time, and he needed a new backup pair after their last Threadfall.

Loreleth crooned excitedly from his ledge, wings already half-mantled as if he were about to take off without him. Part of J'lar wondered if someday his blue might. Immediately, the green-blue-purple eyes flashed a touch yellow in alarm. Never! I... I like Brieteth but... but you're still Mine.

J'lar gave a snort, but offered His a rare grin. When it was just the two of them, he could be much more demonstrative. "Like 'im, eh?" He gently ribbed, knowing that any more might cause his poor blue a bit of fluster. "I'm glad you've got such a good friend, Lore," he assured, sending him a wave of fondness and assurance. Thankfully, the blue's worries were quickly eased by the sincerity he felt across the link. As far as J'lar was concerned, Brieteth had helped better focus his blue. While Loreleth still was ever sensitive and had a heart of woe for the dragons and riders and life he could not save... the dragon could easily be tempted from such despair while thinking fondly of the pale blue.

As for J'lar, he didn't mind the time spent., even if he wasn't the greatest at socializing. He liked the red-haired E'mel, but he couldn't help but feel that the other probably felt obligated to be sociable with him. Best to try to get along when their dragons were so attached...

Well, that was neither here nor there. Harp gave an inquisitive cheap, before launching himself from where he'd been resting on his cot to perch upon his shoulder. The blue fire-lizard understood they were leaving, especially as J'lar stated placing straps on Loreleth, and he wasn't about to be left behind.

"A'right, you can come too," he relented.

Loreleth, for his part, reached out to Brieteth and sent the blue joyous confirmation. We will find you there!

- - -

It didn't take long, and by the time the blue appeared, other dragons and riders and weyrfolk were littering the once-secluded beach. Thankfully, J'lar had no desire to fight the crowds--Harp was more than enough for him. Loreleth gave a happy bugle at the sight of the familiar blue, and was quick to land nearby. J'lar hardly had time to slide off his blue before the dragon bounded over to Brieteth, eyes whirling a happy blue-purple. Brieteth! I'm so glad you could come. As demanding as a hatchling, the blue dragon pushed his head against the others, waddling as close to the other as he could, straps and all. This was their time to cuddle, thank you, and he wasn't going to be parted a moment too soon.

Assuming, of course, Brieteth didn't object.

While Loreleth said his hellos, J'lar followed, giving a grunt and nod to E'mel. "I feel like we've done this before," he mused in a teasing fashion.

Harp gave a happy cheep, confirming.

demon_pachabel

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:30 pm
tatterpixie

Amoranth rumbled greeting at all the dragons that arrived, admiring the various colors with eyes that whirled purple-blue for each and every one of them. Honestly, they were all thrilling, and beautiful, and handsome, and fetching... Young or old, the blue dragon was in bliss as he stood back with his rider.

If only they were here for me... The blue privately mused to His. Still, there was no reproach--just a touch of wistfulness. The blue dragon so did love to be in love, and loved to be loved, for that matter. Though he had scores of lovers, the dragon couldn't help but be tempted by the idea of more. It wasn't that he loved his exes, or even his current loves, any less--he just seemed to have an endless spring of fondness in his hearts.

There were very few that Amoranth did not look upon with desire.

Thankfully, his rider understood, and gave his blue a fond caress. "Perhaps you'll make a new friend while you're here? Perhaps I might do the same?" He chuckled, his own eyes dancing over the crowd. Ever an opportunist. Still, he wasn't going to press his luck, though his eyes did linger on some of the older gentlemen of the crowd.

But Virje had his complete attention when she called out, Amoranth crooning welcome at Unogeth from his sandy wallow. "Ah, fine lady, you are in luck--the little ones have not yet cracked shell, but the eggs were moving quite a bit. Won't be long now... Oh."

Sure enough, the sand began to stir, and the raucous of the little clutch was beginning to grow. Those closest could see cracks beginning to form in the eggs...

"I'm sure the little ones will simply flock to your fine fare--or perhaps to your beauty." He mused with a flirtatious wink.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:03 pm
Character Name: J'cheyn
What are they offering for food?: Leftover lunch -- some meatrolls, and a few slices of smoked spiderclaw

Savaceth had insisted they at least try to tempt one of the young fire-lizards. J'cheyn wasn't entirely convinced it was a good idea, but he wouldn't deny his green a chance to be sociable, especially as it was his restday from weyrling duty. So it was, with low-expectations, the man packed up some of his lunch, grabbed his riding jacket, and headed down to Southern.

By the time they'd arrived, there was already quite a flurry. I don't think we'll be near enough to matter, Love. He thought, looking down at the crowds for a suitable spot to land. Savaceth had her own ideas, though, and quickly found a clearing not far from where some other dragons had landed. She gave a warm croon to those she knew--fellow Western riders--and a happy trill to those who were but strangers.

Don't you worry about a thing, Mine. Just find someone nice to stand next to and strike up a conversation. The green was certain that all he had to do was say hello--he was, of course, the best of the bunch as far as she was concerned, so she couldn't see why anyone wouldn't wish to talk!

With her rider firmly deposited, the green made quick haste to say hello to...well... all of them! Such a lovely day to be gathered together, don't you think? She asked aloud to the congregation of dragons.

J'cheyn, for his part, didn't quite do what his dragon had earlier bade. Instead, he simply found a spot that wasn't otherwise occupied, crouched down, and pulled out a meatroll. He wished T'lis could have been with him--the older man had always been a comfort to his anxious spirit, and had always give him someone to lean against--but there was nothing to be done. His life had to move on... hard as it could well be.

Quote:
J'cheyn's open to chattering--he's just too shy to make first contact if anyone wants to talk. LOL

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:18 pm
Shaddaling
This brown boy wants you! Click for full-sized image.

With a loud squawk, the a little brown fire-lizard finally pushed his way fully out of his egg. Though he was clearly hungry, green whirled through his eyes, as he pushed himself out. Though there were many choice offerings, all the hubbub seemed to cause this one quite a bit of fright.

With a squeak, the little one suddenly took off, diving between legs far quicker than one might expect a newly hatched baby to move. The farther from his clutchmates, the hungrier the little brown became, and he finally threw himself at L'ex, and the offered bounty from the sea.

His hunger was enough to make L'ex, and even those closest by, to feel a desire to eat.

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:38 pm
tatterpixie
This handsome blue would like to be rescued, plz!

No sooner had E'ros offered Virje such a compliment, then a little blue tumbled out of his shell, along with a handful of others. The flits all began searching for food, but this one seemed to know exactly what he wanted. Was this one meant for him? No, no... His eyes whirled red-yellow, and with a petrified creel he quickly scrambled from those closest.

Though hunger drove him... he also wanted comfort. It was at Virje's feet the little blue stumbled, nothing but tail and wings. Crying piteously up at the gold rider, the blue practically shook with alarm. He clearly needed to be rescued... would Virje be such a hero?

User Image

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:05 pm
E'mel couldn't help but smile as Brieteth danced nervously back and forth in the sand, all but ignoring those who were investigating the eggs. The only interest he had in them was that His was staying well away from them - and for the better! "You're going to work a nice little ravine into the sand if you're not careful, bud," he warned, even if the mental image it produced was rather adorable. Almost as adorable as the eager way the blue broke from his pacing to all but run to greet Loreleth.

He butt his head against Loreleth's, like a feline eagerly leaning into a strongly desired pet, his own eyes whirling matching shades of purple and blue. I've missed you! as though it wasn't already obvious. E'mel could have laughed at what an understatement it was. Brieteth was all to content to wrap himself around the younger dragon as best he could - tucking a wing, butting his side up next to him - and thrumming all the while.

"You'd think they'd never seen each other," E'mel mused right back to J'lar with a smile, stepping closer to him to allow the two blues their space. "And hello to you too," he added to Harp, offering any scritches that the flitter would allow. "How's your arm?"

Uta

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:31 pm
L'ex stumbled slightly almost over the sudden blur throwing itself at his feet, a pitiful noise sounding at his feet and a wave of hunger. Not the first time he had felt this but the first time from a flit.

Shiny gave a pitiful noise, crawling down to tug at the sack as the brown's hunger hit him too.

"Okay, okay." L'ex shifted, making sure not to squish anyone under his rear as he sat and spilled out the shellfish. He drew his knife, starting to pry open the shells. Goo spilled on his hands and swiftly licked away.

He managed to get the meat out of the shell and into the browns little mouth. "There we go."  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:20 pm
Virje looked over her shoulder for whomever E'ros was talking to. He must have been referring to Unogeth, of course! Her gold was a fine lady indeed. Turning back to E'ros, she smiled brightly. "Why thank you! I-"

Before she could continue, the nest exploded with raucous cheeping. Oh, the eggs were hatching! Removing her work knife from its sheath, Virje quickly cut a hunk of flesh off the fish she was carrying and squatted on the ground, waiting for a baby firelizard to emerge.

And one did, right in front of her! Eyes whirling red and yellow, the little blue baby flopped at her feet, cheeping and piping mournfully. Oh, he was so very hungry! He was going to starve right to death if she didn't save him!

"Here you go, little fella," Virje crooned gently, carefully slicing off a baby firelizard-sized bit of fish and holding it out to the handsome little blue. Trembling, he gobbled it down and piped piteously for more. "Of course, of course! I have an entire fish here for you!" The goldrider smiled down at the tiny hungry blue, feeding him gobbet after gobbet of fresh raw fish, until he was so full he looked like a small blue ball with wings and a tail. She finally felt the hunger pangs subside -- how interesting it was that flits could send feelings the same way their larger cousins could -- and reached out with one finger to stroke the tiny creature's head. "There we go. Feeling better now?"

The blue flit cheeped happily and burped hard enough that he toppled onto his side. He gazed up at Virje, his eyes now whirling a contented blue-green, and crooned at her. In that moment she knew he was hers.

"I shall call you... hmmm. I shall call you Thunder! You look like a storm cloud, and that burp was as loud as a thunderclap!" Virje laughed as she sat down fully on the beach and set her new baby in her lap. Looking up at E'ros, she beamed. "Oh, will you look at him? He's precious!"

Uta

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:34 pm
User Image

How do you feel about an outing? Vosin looked up curiously from her cleaning to peer at her dragon. "An outing? That's so unlike you Killakeeth. What's up?" She knew her gold's preference for lazing around. Flying required effort on her part. It wouldn't be just us my dear. A few passengers would be nice too. That comment brought a raised eyebrow to her rider's face. Something was definitely up. Some of those candidates perhaps? And you should bring a towel and some treats.

Vosin's lips twitched. It sounded like there was another firelizard clutch hatching on some beach. One rider and dragon must have been there and sent word out. The lithe woman was swinging into action though. "Sound the call!" Vos grabbed the riding straps as Killakeeth sat up from her sandy wallow.

Her deep brassy voice ringing out over Western Weyr. There is a firelizard clutch hatching on a beach! Any non-rider that would like a chance, hurry up and come to my weyr. I will give you a ride. Slick as a fish the hefty gold slipped into her straps and waited for any hopefuls. She hoped some would come.

When several had arrived, Vosin ushered them up the long front leg and strapped them in. Settling herself into position at the front and fastening her own straps, Vosin gave the signal to fly. It wasn't long before they were hovering over another equally warm beach that was teaming with people and dragons. They landed and Vosin let her passengers off. She smiled at one candidate and nodded, "good luck!"

Ryala

((Vosing and Killakeeth are free for social interactions.))  

magnadearel

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:44 am
Character Name: Qiana of White Amairrith
What are they offering for food?: Wherry jerky!

---

Amairrith perked up as Amoranth's delightful voice reached her. Oh, why yes! Of course, dear Amoranth. We would be glad to come and watch. And acquire a lovely little flitter of their own, but Amai wouldn't be caught dead voicing such treacherous, selfish little thoughts to others.

Hum? What are we doing now? Qiana started from a doze- Wing training had been hard that day. She'd needed a quick little catnap before going back to her evening duties.

Hurry now, shall we! Let's not be late! Bring some food!

Qiana's face broke into a broad smile, dimples on her cheeks. There was a plate of wherry jerky on her desk- an afternoon snack that hadn't really been eaten... well, it'd do. Firelizards aren't too fussy, although I'll make sure to break it up into small bites if we do draw some attention.

Wear your nice scarf. I think that'll attract their attention.

And Qiana did.

---

The pair appeared on the tropical beach, Qiana writing internally in delight at the warmth and remoteness of the location. They would have to visit again when things were less chaotic. It seemed two had already hatched, and she directed her dragon down to a less occupied side. She didn't want to alarm any babies. She lifted a hand in greeting to those she recognised.

Oh, Killakeeth dearest, aren't they darling? Not as darling as your own babies of course, but still sweet. The white sidled up to the gold, all charm and sophisticated grace. Qiana rolled her eyes mentally but found nothing but a cold response from her bondmate.

magnadearel
For Killakeeth, with love from Amairrith.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:53 am
Character Name: Ryala
What are they offering for food?: freshly caught fingertails

The sudden mindcall took Ryala completely by surprise. Granted, she was used to Ghost sharing images and emotions with her, but to hear a voice...

Ghost had heard it too, as the darkling blue danced to and fro excitedly in the air, then vanishing between to appear a moment later a little further off. Clearly, he wanted her to follow. Quickly!

Dropping the fish that had been caught by her insatiably curious flit back into the bowl she was holding, the girl covered it and hastily followed. Whatever would she do with a bowlful of fingertails, anyways? Silly flit! Well, maybe it would serve as a tasty snack for Ghost when he got hungry.

The thought flew out of her head as she approached their destination. A gold?! But... Wait... Surely they weren't...?

It seemed they were.

Before she quite knew what was happening, the redheaded girl found herself climbing the beautiful golden foreleg and fixing the straps for flight. Granted, she'd flown before... but never on one of the queens! Then again, it wasn't like she was going to argue about it. Especially as she'd heard her mindcall... that, alone, went a long way to restoring her hopes of Impressing. It had been Turns now, since she'd been Searched at the Gather...! But she'd clearly heard Killakeeth.

That was the thought that sustained her through the short trip. As she dropped to the sands, she offered a smile of her own to Vosin. "Thank you," she replied, a little shyly. Before she could say more, the noise of the beach changed. The firelizard eggs were cracking, spilling their treasures onto the sands. With another thankful grin to the goldrider, Ryala made her way towards the commotion.  

Ryala

Blessed Mage

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:46 pm
The elderly queen surveyed the gathered crowd, her eyes a murky mix of blue and orange. Amalteia rested a hand on her beloved's foreleg, silently warning her to mind her manners. This wasn't High Reaches, and offending dragons of other Weyrs was not acceptable .

Do you think I'm newly hatched? Harpiath demanded, twisting her head to focus on the other queens that had come to the beach. All from Western, she noted, dismissing two immediately right out of claw--though Killakeeth received a long, weighty stare. Yes, she knew of Killakeeth... but it was from rumor alone, and soon, the gold swung her head elsewhere.

Some fool girl was kneeling close to the clutch, and she didn't hesitate to address her. Get too close and you'll deserve it if the mother decides to take a swipe at you. She growled at Keris, her gaze shifting to eye the two blues acting like lovesick fools with one another. Amalteia noticed too, and Harpiath rumbled ominously when she felt her rider's pangs of loss and envy. The queen shifted to better block the pair and their riders from view, dropping her head briefly to stir her silvery hair with a gentle huff of breath.

magnadearel
Eyeballed!

Prism Shine
GROUCH HISS.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:12 pm
Character Name: Sylfie
What are they offering for food?: curried wherry, mm!

Sylfie had always had quite a soft spot for flits, though she'd only recently acquired one of her own. Little bronze Kelann was a delight, and she doted on the sweet thing excessively. He was not quite as round as a certain blue, but that was only because he was a fussier eater. It was probably just as well, as it kept him rather than handsome specimen, though she'd have thought him so regardless. She adored him, but having one flit...well, she found it had her wanting another. To keep him company, of course! He was a very affectionate fellow, and she was sure he could do with some company.

She'd been looking into buying another egg, but when word came that there was a wild clutch hatching? It was just perfect! Sort of, anyway. The fact that there would inevitably be a crowd was...unfortunate, but she packed up a bit of her lunch anyway, and she and Hesperith were off. Hes, at least, was thrilled that there would be a gathering, such as it was, and on a beach! Delightful.

Kelann, sporting his fine collar of tooled leather, flitted about in excitement over the goings-on.  

Meepfur
Crew

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:34 pm
The sight of the hatching firelizards caught Keris' eye, more than charmed at how vibrant the colors and markings of the brown and blue babies. Perhaps.. a dragon might not be for her, but firelizards were such little darlings. Maybe such darlings could be her companions, for she loved her pair, and might another find her (or the spiced wherry in her hand) suitable.

A voice in her head made her startle, and she pressed a hand into the sand for balance. Quick as a whip, Armor had found his way back to her shoulders, wings trying to spread wide to protect Keris. What..? She looked around until -- oh. She vaguely recognized Harpiath as a High Reaches queen, if not for the colors woven into the shoulder knots of her rider--but the woman's gaze shifted the few others who had also stooped low to entice firelizards on a lower level, and.. Okay then.

But turns of dancing around authority figures had her nod her head, picking herself up to back off a few more steps. 'A tip I appreciate, oh great queen. Thank you.' Trying to swallow back any negative, stinging emotion, Keris lowered her gaze back to the clutch.

Tsunake
the heck lady

[IC RP] Holds & Halls

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas