Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[GOLDFLIGHT] Beauty, Spirit, Freedom (Zeno's Maiden Flight) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

dawns_aura

Peaceful Demigod

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:38 pm
Faranie of Blue Samedith
User Image

At the queen's call, Samedith nearly came out of his skin in his hurry to get up and to join the others in the sky. For once, here was someone worth the chasing. Here was someone worthy. He would fly, and he would give his all... up to the point of his hearts bursting.

Really, my Heart.... I have to kick you off the ledge for most, but the second a gold begins to gleam, you are all but in the sky at their first word. Faranie laughed at his eagerness. Fly well, and do us both proud. Don't worry about a thing, Dearest Heart. Enjoy yourself! Now she would have to go and find someone to weather the flight with... perhaps more than one.

Zenobiath, It is a privilege to share the sky with a star that brings light to the afternoon sky.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Faranie:
Positive Trait List: Intelligent, adroit, ambitious.
Negative Trait List: Vindictive, manipulative, cruel.
Though her negative traits won't be overly on display... she is a passionate and considerate lover.

Samedith:
Positive Traits: Smooth, Persuasive, Powerful, Intelligent
Negative Traits: Power Hungry, Duplicitous, Scheming, Smug

[aware that he won't catch the queen, he still flies... and is willing to be a consolation prize for someone else... though do not expect his hearts]

Blue Samedith
Stats:
Base points for blue: 30pts
Less than 5 turns: +3 points
Fit/Motivated: +10 points

Total: 43 points

Strength: 6
Speed: 7
Dexterity: 12
Stamina: 7
Wits: 11

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:08 pm

User Image
Brown Genkuroth of Argathi xxx

Argathi: Cold, Clever, Single-minded; --> not available!
Genkuroth: Mischievous, Caring, Eccentric

Base points for brown: 40pts
Between 46-69 turns: +7 points
Rotund: +0 points
Respectful and loyal (+5) but mischievous (-3) = 2pts

Total: 49

Stats:

Strength: 10
Speed: 7
Dexterity: 9
Stamina: 11
Wits: 12

---------

Genkuroth ought not be pouting; Argathi watched him fidget on the ledge, but she had only scolded him once today… She got to her feet, leaving her notes to peer at the cause of his concern- Zenobiath.

She was due. The other goldriders have left. Will you chase? She began to massage her temples, knowing the answer already. Love was a young woman’s game, and she had no time for distractions. Fall was heavy and harder than usual.

You are all work and no play lately. When I return, we must change this. He did his little trademark draconic grin, huffing at her, then turned whirling red eyes back to the bowl. Zenobiath roared once she had finished blooding, and he returned with a roar of his own, swooping down from the ledge to blood his own beast.

No sun nor star is worthy of you- but allow a mere shadow to chase, if it pleases you. Such beauty deserves an audience and applause. Of course that made no sense- Genkuroth was not a particularly sensical creature, but he flared his wings in some dramatic knightly pose, scraped a very poor dragon’s bow, then prepared to follow the golden Empress.  

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:35 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Monath had been moping on her weyrledge since they had been given a break from their drills for the afternoon. The dramatic green was been taken by surprise, when one of her loves had come to see her the other day. The two had shared a heartbreaking hearts to hearts, ending in the green feeling so very lonely. It was decided that it was best to go their separate ways, even if it hurt the shining green greatly. She knew the brown loved her, he had proven that in wanting to allow her to shine more and feeling he was standing in her way of doing so. As much as she had tried to protest, she knew he wanted what was best for her, and she couldn't fault him for the decision they reached together. However, it didn't stop her from laying on her ledge and allowing gloom to come over her right now.

Monath, I know you are in pain, but you know you had to do what was best for both of you. And there are other dragons out there, you will find one who will sweep you off your claws again,Demanthra reminded her green gently. She was busy working on some reports on the candidates she had been observing.

I know, Mine, it just feels like I am drowning in a great sea. You must...Monath replied back, ready to get all dramatic with her story. However, up in the sky, a glimmer of gold caught the green's attention, a color she wouldn't normally pay much attention to. Well, other than to warn her rider to be prepared for the usual flightlust that accompanied a rising gold. However, this particular shine, had the green's eyes going from grey to a mix of blue and purple. Her mood changed as quickly as the wind can change from gentle to a gale, from the sorrow to the pure happiness mixed with a healthy dose of lust that now filled her hearts. Every fiber of her being urged her to take to the sky and chase that magnificent light. Of course, she knew she couldn't catch her, but surely she could give her her proper due. After all, had not her sister done the same for her, in her own way? Sure, she hadn't flown after her, but she had watched out for her in her own flight. However, seeing as boys began to flock around her sister, she began to doubt.

You should go, it would give you a chance to clear your head. Plus, I know you want to and she would love having attention from you. Also, look at all the boys in the air, not all of them will win. And look, there are blues up there too,Demanthra encouraged, seeing through her dragon's eyes why she was feeling lust and conflicted feelings from the green. She put down what she had been working on, as the lust seemed to press more on her. Goldflight lust was hard enough or when Monath was in flight, but this was worse being a gold Monath loved. She knew plenty would be heading for her friend's location, but she would keep herself occupied, until she had a certain someone hopefully showed up at her weyr.

Who knows, maybe I will be the only green, so can shine even more. Alright, I am going,Monath's determined voice agreed. She pushed off the ledge and took off for the feeding pens first. She knew she wouldn't last the whole flight, but at least she could last longer if she got some blood. So she bit into one of the herdbeasts, starting to blood it. Once she was done, she headed up to where the group was gathered around her radiant sister.

Oh lovely Zeno, I would not feel right if I did not come and give you my support. I will follow as long as my wings allow me too, but my hearts will be with you the whole flight. I have no doubt, you will shine as brightly as ever, my golden sister. Show these boys who they are chasing,Monath thought fondly to Zenobiath. Her mostly purple eyes took in the ones that would be chasing, wondering if one she might have, if her sister did not chose them. She also noticed a very familiar bronze, who she sent a gentle wave of greeting and sisterly love to. If anyone was to catch their sister, she could only hope it was Aresoth. She had no doubt in her mind that they would make a strong clutch together. And who knew the beautiful gold as well as he did, other than Alumet and maybe herself. Let the others try, however, her sister deserved all the attention she could grab and then some.

---------------------------------------------------

Monath- Positive Traits: Creative, Inspired, Imaginative, Impassioned
Negative Traits: Moody, Sensitive, Irrational
Demanthra- (will be in her weyr with her own love, so will not be available)

Monath's Stats

Green Dragon: 25pts
Average/Normal: +5 points (even if she is motivated, knowing she can't win, average is good lol)
Respectful: +5pts (as best as she can be, anyway)
Tends to buck the system: -3pts (wasn't sure, but since she is in love with a gold she is chasing, I am going to put this)

Total= 35 points

Strength: 3
Speed: 9
Stamina: 7
Wit: 7  
TheWishling generated a random number between 1 and 23 ... 12!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:48 pm
User Image

Ah, look at them all, here for her. Zenobiath and Alumet shared a moment's amusement, the Gold looking over her suitors, of all colors, no less. Before anything, she would have to acknowledge them all, wouldn't she?

Beloved Aresoth, do I not know this? Is it only my beauty you'll sing of tonight?

Already showing off so, Faloth? Take care not to expend your energy so soon.

Too kind, Kurath, though can you show me that it is more than pretty words you speak?

Holleth~. That you fly for me is delightful, though MIGHT I suggest you take your pick of my suitors once the flight is finished?

Xycerith~. You are right. This sky is mine today, will you share it with me~?

Oh, Thoth. Sing, loudly and true! Let me hear what you offer to me.

Are you, Severith? Prove your mettle.

Sucurith, join me. While you can not catch, surely you can take comfort in someone who follows? They cannot all win.

We shall see if you can indeed share it, Memianth. Follow me.

Oh, Aviroth, your voice brings me comfort. My noble line will certainly bring honor to Pern, but will you chase for more than Honor?

None who are wise, Aryath. Come above.

You offer me flesh, hearts, and experience, Rizoth? How refreshing! Let us see if your experience is what Pern calls for today.

Young Samedith. Share the sky for your time, for I look to see you in action. Show me the strength of your line~.

Show me if you are indeed a shadow, Genkuroth. I think you are far more.

Beloved Monath. You share a part of my hearts, and I would have you in the skies with me. Let your hearts find comfort in one of my other suitors, dearest one.

All of her suitors would be touched with a wave of fondness and desire as the Queen turned on wing and flew off towards a high peak. Her desire was to fly now, and fly she would! Let her see if they could do something more for her, though.

Dearest suitors all, show me. How devoted are you to the thought of holding me? Her wings drew her in to a slight spin, eyes alight with deep violet as she pulled herself through two peaks.

------------

Alumet smiled when the people began to arrive, looking over every single one who had dared to come to her. Standing to her feet, she moved to C'ryn first, fingers brushing his shoulder, "Knew you'd be here."

When A'gyn arrived, he would get a wink, and a smile.

I'tan's rakish nature and purr of a greeting had her inching forwards, offering him a kiss on the cheek, "I'tan, sweet of you~."

----------------------------

About Zenobiath:
Positive: Strong willed, nurturing, quick witted
Negative: Vain, stubborn, classist

About Alumet:
Positive: Confident, Jovial, Loyal
Negative: Overprotective, Vain, Overbearing

Zenobiath's Stats:

Strength: 23
Speed: 12
Dexterity: 13
Stamina: 26

R1: 12/23
R2:
R3:
R4:
R5:

For Round 1, Roll Speed + Wits

Next Round is 11/13, 9p CST

BastetAmun

tatterpixie

PrismShine

Meepfur

Spockat

Andranis

magnadearel

Mr Cheri

dawns_aura

ShinosBee

faesinger

Uta

Sweet Symmetry

Dea and #Teddy#

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100
BastetAmun generated a random number between 1 and 23 ... 19!

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:54 pm
User Image

Others were quick to join the large bronze in the sky. Aresoth only let a passing glance move over each new hide taking in who they were before his attention was back upon Zenobiath. The other males were not much competition, at least in the bronzes eyes. He was sure he would be able to out fly them and easily win this.

The sight of a green hide joining the ranks did, for a moment, cause the bronze to falter but he soon recovered at the feeling of affection that was sent his way. Monath received a touch of affection as well as a feeling of confidence that radiated through their touch. He was proud to have her support during this time of course.

Zenobiath's words to him had Aresoth lift his head, eyes trailing over her as a soft chuckle passed to her. Of course not. You are beautiful Zenobiath but that is not all there is to you. I have known this since the moment we were shelled. Let the Emperor take his Empress upon a flight no one has ever seen before.

She was off and he was quick to follow after her, his large wings easily allowing him to surge forward as they moved towards the peaks. Whirling purple eyes watched as Zenobiath pulled herself into a spin and easily went through two peaks that were close together. Aresoth did not do anything too flashy but the bronze did surge forward towards her and turned his entire body to the side to move through before straightening up again.

------------------------------------

He could not help the shiver of pleasure that moved through his body at the feel of her fingers just brushing against his shoulder. The urge to reach out for Alumet and grab her, pulling her to him was strong and C'ryn fought against it. He knew there would be time enough for that..if she chose him this night. "And miss out on you? I don't think I'd have it in me, Alumet."

It was only when I'tan received a kiss upon the cheek from Alumet that a small flare of jealous burned in C'ryn's stomach. Why at this time did he feel such things? Perhaps the flight lust was getting to him more then normal, Aresoth had never yet taken part in a Gold Flight before. The dark haired man kept his face composed as he took a step towards Alumet, only one, his sea green eyes held a passion in them for the blonde haired woman before him that was normally so restrained, and it was threatening to break through that.

---------------------------------------------------------------

About Aresoth
Positive: Alert, Brave, Energetic, Direct, Lawful
Negative: Aggressive, Controlling, Demanding

About C'ryn
Positive: Loyal, Ambitious, Good Hearted
Negative: Overreaching Ambition, Secretive, Closed-off

Aresoth's Stats
Strength: 17
Speed: 8
Dexterity: 8
Stamina: 15
Wits: 15

Round 1: 19/23
Round 2:
Round 3:
Round 4:
Round 5:  
tatterpixie generated a random number between 1 and 21 ... 19!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:00 pm

Brown Faloth

Fear not, o beauteous Zenobiath! I will not wear myself out anytime soon! As if to emphasize this statement, Faloth echoed the luminous gold's maneuver and dove after her. She would not outfly him so easily!

W'ill, meanwhile, made his way out of the Lower Caverns in a bit of a daze, the flight lust nearly overwhelming. He had been hard pressed not to grab the first lady he encountered -- shells, it was difficult not to grab ALL of them!

~~~~~~~~~
About Faloth
Positive: Clever, protective, bold, funny, optimistic
Negative: Vengeful, a maverick, reckless, bites off more than he can chew

About W'ill
Positive: Fearless, chivalric, playful, big on family, loyal, team player, honest
Negative: Hot-headed, combative, a herd beast, a brat, a hella flirt, naive, honest

Brown: +40
1 Turn: +3
Fit/Motivated: +10
Honor-bound: +5
Bucks the system: -3

TOTAL: 55pts

Strength: 12
Speed: 9
Dexterity: 10
Stamina: 12

Round 1: 19/21
Round 2:
Round 3:
Round 4:
Round 5:  

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

ShinosBee generated a random number between 1 and 26 ... 23!

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:04 pm
User Image

The brown gave an appraising rumble to the young gold's approval, and her question. She was well within her right to question the motives of any chasing male, and he fully intended to match up to her expectations. Though he was, indeed, only a brown... he still knew he was made of the right mettle to produce fine eggs, strapping dragonets who would do the Weyr proud, if given the chance.

Why of course—though honor, duty, and sacrifice are expected of us all, it would be beneath either of us to fly or chase with only those things in mind. His voice came rolling like a curl of thunder, rising and falling along with his wings as he soared after her. He was not as large as some, and not as swift as others, but he was practiced, and he knew Zenobiath... he knew all the dragons that had passed beneath his care and tutelage, and he felt entirely at rights in making use of that advantage in the name of victory. You are strong. You are wise. You are beautiful, Zenobiath. And you deserve the best—a dragon who can match your love, as well as your devotion, in the name of your future eggs. None can prepare them better than I can, fair queen... nor better teach them the ways of our world.

User Image

Strength: 11
Speed: 11
Dexterity: 13
Wits: 15

R1: 23
R2:
R3:
R4:
R5:
Total:  
faesinger generated a random number between 1 and 19 ... 1!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:39 pm

Aryath, for once, found himself less than ready to begin a flight. Choosing not to examine that too closely, he set off for the sky a little behind the rest of the pack. No matter, he would catch up. And if he didn’t, there were some fine dragons among the pack that he could spend the night with.

Strength: 12
Dexterity: 8

Base points for brown: 40pts
Fit/Motivated: +10 points
Over-confident Dragons: -3pts
Total: 50 points

R1: 1  

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

Cheri generated a random number between 1 and 30 ... 11!

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:01 pm

User Image

With Zenobiath's assent, Sucurith took off after the pack. You must forgive me for... however beautiful you may be, that had been my hope. Anything, really, to take his mind off of his woes. He was an agile young creature, well able to avoid crashing into the mountain peaks as they flew. These, in fact, had been the very peaks he'd stared at only minutes before. If he... perhaps... took a moment to scope out the 'competition', that could not be helped.

--

Round 1: 11/30
Round 1:
Round 2:
Round 3:
Round 4:
Round 5:

Sucurith's Stats

Less than 5 turns: +3pts
Average/Normal: +5pts
Respectful, honor-bound, or gentle-natured dragons: +5pts
Total: 43

Strength: 2
Speed: 10
Stamina: 2
Wits: 20

MaraRune

Andranis generated a random number between 1 and 30 ... 12!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:52 pm
-s**t me I did that wrong, I did Strength and Wits, hold please!-  

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
Andranis generated a random number between 1 and 32 ... 13!

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:08 am
User Image

Thoth thrummed at the praise, eyes shining as he climbed. He let out a bugle, near-melodic in its pitch, as he did his best to match one of the songs he'd heard Calliope sing. One of the cleaner songs, at least. How the sun and the moons reflect upon her skin, shining bright for both friend and kin - To not follow her would be a shame, dearest Zenobiath is her name!

In their weyr, Calliope let out an amused little sound. Beloved Thoth, those were not the right words, but you should be justly proud of your poetic prose!

Humming pleasurably, Thoth twisted and dove. He came in just behind two others, and he could spy Aviroth, already leading the pack. A sense of respect for the older brown filled Thoth for a moment, and then he focused on not clipping his wings on the stone too badly. His tail would smart, though...

In his peripheral vision, he noticed flashes of blue and one flash of green.

-------
Thoth's Stats

Strength: 6
Stamina: 10
Wits: 24

R1: (8+24=32) 13
R2: (x+y=z)
R3: (x+y=z)
R4: (x+y=z)
R5: (x+y=z)
(Now with the right stats, press F to pay respects for my slip there...)  
Meepfur generated a random number between 1 and 23 ... 5!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:33 am
Holleth was quite startled by Zenobiath's suggestion that he take his pick of her leftover suitors once she was finished with them, so much so that he practically balked mid-flight.  That was...that was....!!  Quite a...forward suggestion, and certainly not one the self-repressed little blue would ever have expected.  Yellow took over his gaze, tinged with white.  Oh, dear.  It was possible His had not been wrong to think him foolish to choose to play this game of pretend.  After taking a long moment to better compose himself, he responded to the Queen in the same even tone he had first greeted her with, That is most gracious of you, Lady Zenobiath.

She asked, then, that they show how devoted they were in their quest to have her, and the truth for Holleth was that he was not.  That was for her suitors who desired her, or at least desired to sire a clutch, and so he hung back deliberately: let the browns and bronzes make themselves known and earn her attentions, if they could.  He did not aim to take up any of her time or focus, or theirs; he simply happened to be here.

His position near the back did allow him a good look at the others, including two of his blue brothers.  Though Holleth didn't know Sucurith's or Samedith's reasons, he wondered if their father would be pleased to know that three of them had taken to the air with a gold.  He hoped so.  In addition to the blues, he noted that there was a green also, several browns - including another brother, and Aviroth - and a few bronzes, including a distinguished gentleman who caught the sun far more fetchingly than Zenobiath.

Nope.  Nope.  He swerved away from that trail of thought and looked for something else to focus on, and found it by noting the absence of any of his cousins.  Curious.  He would have thought Slidrianth worthy of a gold, and yet he was not here.

________

Blue Holleth
Positive Traits: Hard Working, Earnest, Regal
Negative Traits: Reclusive, Pent Up, Defensive

Talis says lol nope, no thank u.

Stats:
Average/Normal: +5 points (he's fit but not motivated, so average it is!)
Respectful, honor-bound, or Gentle-natured Dragons: +5pts
Total: 43

Strength: 5
Speed: 11
Stamina: 3

Meepfur
Crew

Spockat generated a random number between 1 and 23 ... 15!

Spockat

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:44 am
NPC K’oan of brown Xycerith

Caught in the flight, in the rise and fall of Xycerith’s great wings, K’oan found himself wanting to reach for another. Maybe he ought to just take the headache, unless - Broad shoulders, soft scratch of stubble in a kiss - oh yes, that would do. That sweet lug of his had to chase gleaming golds across the sky - why did they have to make it so sharding awkward every time.

I would share the skies and my hearts for you, dear Zenobiath. He held the rush of fondness like one would hold a blown kiss. With a toss of his head, an aerial brush of forepaws over his snout. Completely bashful, but that was Xycerith for you. He gave a loud, loving trumpet as he willed himself to move just a bit faster.

He followed after her with ease, experience giving the quick reaction to tuck his wings and twist quickly. His eyes whirling pleasurable purple. He followed with the front half of the swarm of wings in the air.

==
K’oan:
Pros; Ambitious - Erudite - Creative
Cons; Critical - Defeatist - Coward

Xycerith:
Pros; Gentle - Chivalrous - Selfless
Cons; Reckless - Absent Minded - Talkative

Xycerith’s Stats
Total: 57

Strength: 9
Speed: 16
Stamina: 13
Wits: 7

R1: /23
R2:
R3:
R4:
R5:  
Prism Shine generated a random number between 1 and 29 ... 24!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:46 am
NPC A’gyn and Bronze Kurath
User Image

Her words were sweet, making his hearts soar to have her personally address him. Kurath crooned, utterly delighted. Certainly, for my wings are wide, and my claws open and ready to catch. He would follow, dutifully and willingly, until Zenobiath would choose him, or would find comfort in another. Though she drew a handsome and becoming crowd, so perhaps his claws wouldn't be empty at the end, anyway.

As she rose, the bronze followed after, unable to help the minor pride and delight at how nimble she turned between the peaks, at himself for following after. The flight home is a delight, but would you not prefer a dragon to hold and cherish you after? Warm meals on the ledge, someone to cuddle you close during the cold nights?

---

Alumet was a beauty, that was for certain. Her other suitors were but a blip on his radar, though he could see he was a bit of a stranger here. Still, the delight on A'gyn's face for a wink and a smile had the man beaming, pressing a hand to his collarbone with playful surprise, before giving a half bow.

"An honor just to be standing here with you, Alumet."

/ / / / /

A’gyn
Pros: Witty, Pragmatic, Outgoing
Cons: Anxious, Reactive, Forgiving

Bronze Kurath
Pros: Driven, Diplomatic, Protective
Cons: Selfless, Broody, Guilt-ridden

Kurath Stats:
Strength: 16
Speed: 15
Stamina: 13
Wits: 14

R1: 24/29
R2:
R3:
R4:
R5:  

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

Sweet Symmetry generated a random number between 1 and 19 ... 1!

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:55 pm
((Will format at home))

The wave of affection was returned. Genkuroth crooned, and bunched his muscles ready for flight... And something gave a sad crack in his leg. The air went out of him for a moment as he adjusted to a niggle of pain, but he shook it off. Slowed, yes, but...

/A sun will always leave her shadow, my lady. But I will chase you as long as my wings will carry me./

---

R1: 1/19 = 1

Total: 1  
[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out