Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Team Mission Archive
WCC Team Mission 1 - Let the Games Begin (Day 1) [Complete] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:20 pm
Aria wouldn't even pause to discuss her choice for team, simply plucking Billy off of the ground and marching over to Sub's right. "Look, he just hatched. I'd rather not try and demo what he can do in the middle of utter anarchy. After we set up camp and get things together, then I shall see what exactly he can do. Although I presume its probably Electric stuff given he stole that Cell Battery immediately when he saw it." Pausing for a moment, Aria would quickly run back to Leslie and steal her Pokeball before diving back towards the Camp group.

"Hey! Gimme back Grunt! I wanna ride my Onix around and wreck all the idiots I can!" Leslie protested, running over to Aria and scrambling to try and retrieve the Pokeball.

"Hell no! We need someone to keep the camp safe! Plus you'll get to show off more defending from assaults on us finding and setting up camp than randomly running across the lands." Aria told the small hybrid, waiting for everything to start off with teh chime.

Meanwhile, Reno and Beau would both find their way over to the Hunting team and slowly fall into line behind Freth and Tristen. While they weren't exactly sure on what either of them would do, based off of Freth's general disdain for their preferred methods and how antithetical they seemed to the plan she was discussing, it was going to be something somewhere else.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:24 pm
Odd would think for a moment before making up his mind. "I'm going to go with the camp team. I'm not great at being tricky, especially with none of my Channeling Pokemon available at the moment. Giratina's Wings... I wish I could've brought Cadenza with me." He sighed. He felt sluggish without his floating battery helping him keep his reserves of spiritual energy from running dry. "Besides, Replay can help do recon a bit faster than most of my other Pokemon." As he said this, the Chatot took to the air and began to make small circles around the group, looking around already.

Lykas nodded to Odd. "I'll go with the hunting team, then. I'm better at playing dirty and being sneaky, after all. Plus, it's a chance for Noelani to get some experience in the field." He told his partner as the pair moved to join their respective groups. Once it was clear where most everyone was going, he branched off and headed toward the Rolling Hills to the north, cutting straight through and heading toward the island in the center. He had a feeling that someone other than him had spotted it already and thought an island surrounded by water would be easily defensible. He could likely eliminate any competitors who were there with little trouble if he stayed to the water and kept out of the teeth of those fish that attacked him before, now that he was aware they existed in this region.

Wren gave it some thought before agreeing with Odd. "I think I'll help the camp team, as well. I can help find forageable foodstuff and such. Besides..." Despite his uncertainty in his still-developing and completely untrained Channeling abilities, he hadn't brought any of his own Channeling partners, either. He'd learned to sense the connection to the ones he bonded to when channeling but Manna, Acanthus and Carnation were his only unevolved Pokemon and while he had a fourth possible to use, two out of those four were Shadowfied and, therefore, dangerous to use freely. Unfortunately for Wren, he was left with minimal ability to survey the area at the moment so he stuck close to the camp team, figuring "safety in numbers" would be the best tactic at the moment.

Kaya had given it some thought but eventually decided that venturing out on the attack was likely where he would prove most useful, despite Tenoh's weakness. He could battle with or without a strong Pokemon, even if his moves were weaker without his blades to channel them through."I'll go with the hunter team as well." He announced, figuring he could potentially find a new Pokemon ally in the wilds that might be better suited for this region than his tiny fairy was at the moment. On-the-job training wouldn't hurt her any, either. He thought about using Magnet Rise to cross the lake between himself and the giant stone jutting out of the earth in the distance but realized he'd have to got he long way. He hadn't been able to tap into the that move again since leaving the Fairy Realm.  

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

DignityPower

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:47 am
Veronica listened carefully, thankful to have someone explained things better. She decided to head with the simple task: staying at the campground. With that, she turned to the group on the right. Near the water or the mountains or up on a hill seemed like good places to start looking. She headed first towards the area she had explored before: the Dappled Grove. "Let's go!" She urged her Jangmo-o to keep up. At least, this would be great training for the little one. She stayed within eye sight of Blizzard and Sub. "This has started to feel like a conquest game." Veronica then stared down at the Jangmo-o, "I guess I should name you?" She hummed for a bit. "How about Vanilla?" She giggled. The Jangmo-o protested. "No? Well then how about... Hydra? That sounds more menancing, right?" After thinking it over, the pokemon nodded in agreement. "Hydra it is then." Veronica teased by sticking her tongue out, hoping no one would spot her being so silly with her pokemon.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:30 pm
Krysta enjoying the day in motostoke, having met new people, and getting out for the first time in what feels like forever, feels a familiar buzzing in her pocket. She frowns, Who could be calling her now? everyone she knows is here in the stadum enjoying the opening festivities. She reaches into the pocket and pulls out her mobile device and flicks the screen on. as she looks at the screen her face looses color. "ohh no...." she mutters quietly. quickly she gathers her things and departs the stadium. "Hurry up muse we got to go! We don't have time to dawdle this is urgent!"

Muse, who is extremely not happy about being removed from her comfy spot under the seat, is grumpily snorting while complying. she makes it clear she is disatisfied with this turn of events, by chrotling and huffing air thru her nose as if she was a torkoal.

Krysta ponders if she should let her new "friends" know that she was leaving. Maybe they could help? No, she decides, its not their responsibility. they are here to be apart of the tournament and have a good time.she heads to hullburry by way of sky taxi. it was a bit of a luxury she rarely afforded herself but this was an emergency and she needed to get there faster than she could bike.  

KrystatheMewes

Darksol88
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:14 pm
SubonicXP

"...Aden." Sol spoke up.

"Yeah?"

"If I can make a suggestion-"

"Go with the Camp Team because the resourcefulness will do them good?"

"Actually, no. I was going to say the Hunter Team might be better suited. Smaller numbers would be better for it, and that resourcefulness has already shown itself. I doubt you'll have too many issues working on your own."

"I... could do that, yeah." Truthfully, Aden couldn't deny the reasoning. Or that somehow, he did his best thinking in a pinch. With a slight nod, he'd go to Sub's left while Sol moved to Sub's right.

Amaranth gave both ideas a thought, and then moved to Sub's right as well. "I could do fine with the Hunter Team, but I think adding support as we find and set up a camp will do us better?" Her remark wasn't so much a question as trying to confirm if she had the right idea, but she felt she had a good idea going in.

If anything, it was Cera who was less certain. The way she felt, she could handle either group pretty well, and stayed more or less where she was. "I'll... you know what, whichever team needs an extra person, I'll go with that. I think I'll be flexible enough to work with either one."  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:24 pm
[Camp Team]

The Snagem leader watched as everyone divided themselves up and those composing the Hunter Team headed out. He wasn't surprise to see Blizzard stayed behind, as he said earlier their foes would consider those not actively looking for pieces to be easy prey. Keiko was another unsurprising addition, her Pokemon however would be helpful to treat the wounded Pokemon. Sol was quit surprising, he imagined he would be itching to pick up a fight that didn't have the world's future on the line. Wren was possibly the most logical addition to this team. Aria on the other hand. "...I'm happy you found something to uh...be so...passionate? about." He was a little taken back by her love for that weird purple thing but hey, if it made her happy.

"Okay!" He blurted out, clapping his hands together. "So this is how we'll do it. We're going to move straight north. When we were in Motostoke I heard of some place called the Watchtower Ruins, as the name implies a big tower located here in the Wild Area. People were talking about how it will probably be hotly contested for once things start which makes sense, a tower would be an excellent vantage point to defend from and we're going to take it. That means we'll certainly have to fight for it as everyone will have the same idea. With our heavy hitters with us though I think we can convince the other teams it isn't worth a prolonged battle over, not this early in the game. " He started to explain.

"Sol, Veronica, Leslie, and Keiko. I want you four to rush towards the ruins as fast as possible, draw attention to yourselves. If you find anyone there, jump them. Someone tries to jump you, just avoid and continue to the ruins. The rest of us will follow behind using a more winding path and at a slower pace to conserve our Pokemon and energy in case you need backup. With Odd, Blizzard, and this thing..." He said, pulling Cera over and snuggling her like a pet cat. "We'll be more than safe. "A map of the Wild Area is now available on your SNAGs so use it." He said, then taking out his own SNAG to look at the map.

"We'll travel through Dappled Grove and alongside the West of Lake Axewell and then up to the Watchtower Ruins from the southwest. You four will be heading straight up north through Rolling Fields. Ready? Let's move out." He said, proceeding to begin the downhill trek along Rolling Fields, his subgroup wouldn't be here long as he set his sights west for Dappled Grove.

“Be on the lookout for anything to forage for. We’ll need all the food we can get out here. Be nice if we could find some berry trees. Just be careful.” Sub called out to his subgroup, sticking near Blizzard. It was obvious why he kept the Cold One with this group, the avian man having the best Hybrid Senses out of all of the others and if needed he could move in as backup for the others easily with his Agility. Odd would also be useful for keeping out for ambushes.

[Hunter Team]

Freth and Tristen were lurking about in the eastern side of the Dappled Grove, away from where the other Snagems were passing through. They had an excellent view of the lake at the bottom of the hill they were on top of. There was another one of those things, dens they were called, at the bottom of the hill, identical to the one they found that Shadow Metapod at the bottom of. According to the info they received for the cup this is where one could find Wishing Pieces, the holes in the ground made from the fragments piercing through the Earth.

Just as figured there was already fighting going on over the den and the Wishing Piece at the bottom of it. They could spot a young man with green spiky hair, sporting a purple uniform with a Pikachu on it, clearly part of Team Kanto, commanded his Sandshrew to make short work of a Shellos and a Budew. In spite of the obvious type disadvantage the Sandshrew suffered only minor damage and in just minutes two of Team Sinnoh’s members were eliminated. He wouldn’t catch a break though as his Sandshrew now clashed with a Bidoof who was actually putting up a fight. Its trainer was a young lad with shaved black hair and wore a tri-colored uniform that had stylized headshots of the creation trio on them. Another member of Team Sinnoh

On the other side of the den, opposite of the ongoing Pokemon battle, was a hybrid battle. Again a member of Team Kanto, a male teenage Venonat hybrid, taking on a member of Team Sinnoh, a female adult Floatzel hybrid. The boy was actually putting up a good fight against the older hybrid. Her speed was impressive though the boy’s superior eyesight and tracking was causing her problems even with her speed. Both were getting tired very fast.

Beau and Reno, who chose to go in the same direction as Freth and Tristen but didn’t use the same tactics, were spotted by a pair of Team Kanto trainers; an unassuming young woman with red hair and an Ekans along with a young boy sporting shorts and his Rattata. They didn’t know why but the boy had an aura of strength about him, one that kept this much older woman under his command, if he so desired. They apparently hung back a ways while their Sandshrew using friend wrecked havoc, themselves meant as lookouts and back ups.

“Heads up, Ben!” The woman said, her Ekans rising up to hiss at the Snagems as they met them along the path which led to the den behind them. “This Wishing Piece is ours. Unless you want to get kicked out of the cup already I suggest you just turn around and find another one to cop.” She said in a stern tone, seeming to ready her Challenger’s Ring, probably preparing to use the Trainer’s Eyes function if needed.

Ben didn’t say anything, he just looked bored and his Rattata looked eager to battle as it hissed at them as well. That tiny rat just oozed trouble and neither could explain why.

As Leon roamed around, virtually on his own and aimless, he was spotted instantly by another competitor. Having snuck around a few trees and now finding Leon near the edge of Lake Axewell, the stalker took this as their moment to pounce. A Cutiefly would rush right past Leon, scattering collected pollen all around him in a big cloud. It would irritate his eyes and lungs, Leon having no time to hold his breath and thus would get a big lung full. Following up seconds behind the Cutiefly came its trainer (an older woman dressed in a tropical patterned uniform with stylized Tapus on it, a member of Team Alola) wielding some strange bug net-like piece of equipment, a gemstone embedded in the handle as she aimed to apparently swing the net down on Leon from behind.

Only one person sensed the apparent Bug Channeler’s approach, and that was Kaya who was near the lake side as well. He didn’t hear her, see her, or anything like that, in fact her physical presence was completely invisible. Instead it was the Cutiefly he picked up on and Leon. Probably briefly surprised to sense a nearby Cutiefly here in this foreign region but quickly he picked up on its emotions when it attacked leading him to probe further and sense that Leon was nearby it, prompting him to see what was going on. He would arrive just seconds before the woman took Leon by surprise with her net.

(Note I have further divided your characters up and bolded the name of at least one of your characters in this post. This is the character I'll be giving priority to for my next post. You may post the actions of your other characters but I may or may not give them much to respond to. This is to cut down on how many characters I have to respond to in earnest without excluding them completely. If I can work in the actions of non-bolded characters I will but they do not take priority for the next post. If I bolded two of your characters then I’m unsure of which to give more focus to and will base my decision on whatever you post.)  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:39 pm
As Sub gave the camp team their directions, Odd and Wren nodded quietly. This wasn't a bad plan by any means. If the heavy hitters moved in first and started to cause a commotion, they could take the focus away from the rest of the group, allowing them to move at a slower pace, better preparing for their inevtiable encampment, wherever they set it up. Fortunately, their bags didn't seem to have been taken from them at all so they at least had a way to carry gathered supplies. "On the bright side of all this, Manna's ability will be helpful. We don't have to collect one hundred percent ripe foodtsuff. Her ability aids the ripening process in fruit and vegetables." He announced as he took out his hoverboard and jumped onto it. He wobbled slightly before getting his feet into position and beginning to move slowly along the path Sub had dictated. "Manna, help me keep an eye out for forageables." He told his little Apple Core Pokemon. Manna's eyes wiggled slightly as she nodded and then she turned her focus to their surroundings as they moved.

~~~

Odd kept to the back of the group, focusing on their surroundings in a different sense than Wren was. He had his senses sharpened and waiting to see if he could pick up on anyone or anything dangerous coming toward them. He and Blizz were, in essence, the rear guard for this group thanks to their ability to pick up on incoming danger earlier than some of the others. Replay helped by flying in circles around them, keeping his Keen Eyes peeled for signs of danger.

~~~

Lykas continued on to Lake Axewell and, as he prepared to enter the water, he began to use Acid Armor, melting into liquid and hiding himself more than he had during his first attempt to swim through these waters. It helped that he was unaccompanied by Pokemon this time around, making his less of a target. Quickly crossing the water to Axew's Eye island, as his SNAG's map had said it was called, he paused on the shore to look around and see if anyone else was coming to look, barely even rising from the water as he did. Once he was certain that there were no humans or other hybrids, he'd emerge fully and slowly walk up and onto the island's soil. "No beach..." He commented calmly. That was somewhat of a surprise. It did indicate little to no true waves in this lake, though. That wouldn't make for a well-defended location, though. A sandy beach could slow others down trying to come in on them. Oh well.

As he walked further into the island's center, he noticed there seemed to be only one single, albeit very large tree and, not far away from it, a strange little circle of stones. "Huh... That's... A raid den?" He asked, looking up the information they'd been given on his SNAG. "I wonder if there's a Wishing Piece down there?" He asked himself, walking over to it as his body solidified and peering into the darkness inside.

~~~

Kaya would most definitely sense the Cutiefly nearby as he wandered the Wild Area, going in search of it when it became apparent that it was hostile. He couldn't sense a human or hybrid commanding it yet, so he assumed it was a wild Pokemon attacking someone or something but at the same time, Cutiefly were from Alola, after all. Right? Upon reaching the area he could sense the Fairy-type Pokemon's energy, he looked around for a sign of it and, after a moment, he spotted not Cutiefly but Leon. And by proxy, he noticed the elderly woman swinging her net at him like some kind of deadly weapon. Dashing toward Leon, he would throw an arm up to block the net coming in and with his free hand, he would conjure a key-shaped blade of Fairy energy, attempting to stab it into the elder woman with Fairy Lock. "Why can't I sense your energy?!" He demanded of her whether his attack made contact or not. While he specialized in Fairy energy, all hybrids could sense energy in some capacity. It was part of their Pokemon half's nature and this woman was confusing it like none other.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:15 am
"She might not be a Channeler," I told Kaya as I walked him and Leon, my services not being needed apparently. "She might be just a trainer. Which leaves me to wonder just what she thought to accomplish by hitting someone with a bug net of all things," I added, walking up to the old woman to get a closer look at the net in her hands. "On second thought," I mumbled, noticing the gem on her bug net, "I could be wrong entirely, which begs the question Kaya asked about her apparent lack of energy."

Absinthe was nearby, having followed me. She stood back for now, but was ready to spring into action if the situation proved too sticky for the three of us.

~*~

As William joined up with the reserve team, Keiko nodded to Sub and began running. She started on two legs to gain momentum and, once she had that, jumped to re-position herself so she could run using both her arms and legs. as she could use her powerful legs to gain greater momentum this way without gaining much altitude, as running full strength on just her legs would result in. He kept her head held high so she could see where she was going and watch out for any threats along the path so she knew when to dodge. She was worried about Sol, Veronica, and Leslie not being able to keep up with her, but Sub did say to get there as fast as possible. Hopefully her speed would prevent members of other teams from jumping her.  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:03 pm
While I did have some sort of agreeance to Sub, the thing that bothered me was this was the short term versus the long term. If this place would be hotly contested as Sub suggested, then why even stay there then and risk a beat down around this tower? To try to figure that out, I took out my SNAG and started to get a view of the map. This tower seemed to be in the furthest corner of this section of the wild area. Near where natural formations apparently meet with the city itself. Well, good news, we wouldn't get flanked, but on the flipside, no where to retreat to if things are that dicey other than through our opposition. Worse, this place on its own on a normal day seemed to be a hot spot generally for Ghost type Pokemon for some odd reason, so not only we are having to fend off anyone that wants to pick us off for this tournament, we also got to worry about invoking the ire of a ghost just going about his business. On the flip side, by the way it looks, wishing pieces should be within quick reach on this side of the area. General assessment: this was one hell of a gamble. A all-or-nothing ordeal. Hopefully Sub knows what he's asking for.

-----------

Tristen would reluctantly go on with Freth's plan to pick off any unaware competitors while they were in a weaker state. While it did still come off rather underhanded to him, he couldn't deny that it wasn't against the rules, and who knows...someone may have thought up the same elsewhere. This was a competition. Strategy was needed somewhere...even if that strategy came down to blatant pragmatism.

Freth and Tristen hunkered down at a distance, keeping an eye out. Freth stayed alert to everything around her with her own senses, but caught sight of potential targets. There were hybrids and then there was a Sandshrew trainer that was giving everyone relative hell. "So, pick your poison..." Freth said.

"Probably the hybrids." Tristen said. "I'm not sure that even Eevee can take that Sandshrew."

"Well, honestly, I'm not sure if Tyrogue can either. He just took out a couple of Pokemon that should have otherwise took him out. We're going to have to move in soon though, otherwise someone is going to lay claim to them otherwise. Be sure you don't move in until the absolute last second." Freth told him.

"Got it." Tristen said, splitting off from Freth. Tristen would take a longer path around to give the hybrids more time to pound on each other, keeping sure to stay out of sight. He wasn't fully sure what the two were capable of. Though those two were well on the way on calling it quits, even before Tristen started to creep in. If that was the case, then he was almost reassured that most hybrids, at least those around his age, wasn't really up to snuff to what they were capable of as hybrids. Granted, he didn't think himself either, but at least he was better off than perhaps most hybrids here. They didn't have to fight what he had to on a crisis to crisis basis or the teacher he had. This fight could be very much unfair on his part, barring the pragmatism. He was just going to have to see and find out.

Freth would have to dash, using one burst after another of agility to get in close and remain out of sight. It looked the Sandshrew trainer was having a tough time of it against a Bidoof of all things. Freth then perked up, instincts triggering. She looked back around a tree, apparently Beau and Reno are getting a fight picked by the ones that seemed to be accompanying the Sandshrew trainer. She thought she did sense them, but now she's sure she wasn't just going crazy. Better still, if those two were his backup, then maybe this just turn up mill-house provided Beau and Reno didn't botch their end. Freth just hung back for the moment, Pokeball at the ready, instincts on alert in case of any more unwelcome company, Challenger ring at the ready, and patiently waited for the Bidoof and Sandshrew to get done with their scrap.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:07 pm
Leslie felt a smile cross her face at an order that she was more than willing to indulge herself in, quickly beginning her own mad charge after the blur of legs and motion that Keiko had apparently become in the few seconds after Sub finished his directing. Opening up her Pokeball, Leslie would leap into the air where she would land atop her Onix. "Ride, Grunt! Like the showboats we...!"

*THUD*

Before she could finish her declaration, Leslie slammed into the ground with a resounding impact as she plunged straight through the space where Onix would've been. Instead, now floating beside her was a Porygon that seemed to be slightly worried over its' trainers reckless and foolish maneuver. Grumbling as she dragged herself back to her feet, Leslie would look at the Porygon for a moment before sighing. "Alright, Church. Looks like I get to run. You just....float behind me and look intimidating." And with that, the small hybrid would begin her charge towards the watchtower again, at the pace of....well, a mildly overweight teenager.

-----

Strolling along the more scenic route that Sub had decided their group should take, Aria and her Toxel would be on the lookout for berry trees. Since....y'know, her Pokemon wasn't exactly packing a lot of power, Aria felt she could at least have him help with clamber through the trees to get all the berries.

----

Reno would turn and look towards the two people threatening him and Beau, a nonplussed expression crossing his face as he looked at the two people who had mistaken him for a threat despite his appearance. Y'know, despite how true that line of thinking was. "Lady.....I have one arm and a Wynaut. I wouldn't go wasting your guaranteed fight thing on me." Reno deadpanned, slowly beginning to turn and back away. As he moved, Reno would leave Beau exposed to the pair of threatening eyes.

Looking around at the sudden audience he had, Beau would only offer a smile. "Oh....right. I need to do the audience thing....Uh.....surprise?" Beau sheepishly offered, shifting slightly to the left and revealing the hole that was dug into the ground behind him. Hopefully the woman's Ekans was prepared as a very angry Seedot erupted out of the ground to attempt to....kick it. With feet that could apparently dig like nobody's business.

Taking advantage of the likely confusion his little setup with Beau should've caused, Harleen would quickly erupt in a field of Safeguard to cover both her and Pistachio. And Reno....would begin to walk towards the strange kid and his Rattata. "So.....since I assume we're doing this.....do you speak? Cause if so, I'd really like to just let us settle this with words before Mister Explosm there turns you, me, and the rest of your team into a crater because he sneezed and accidentally struck a flame." Reno told Ben, motioning towards Beau and the small puffs of Powder that could be seen occasionally puffing off of the Vivillon hybrid as he moved in excitement at finally getting to fight.  

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Cecile Silverstone

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:32 pm
"....Well. This should be far enough." Leon said as he realized that he went further out then he thought he would. He looked around, not able to detect that anybody followed him. He then started to investigate the area. "I. I think I might be lost actually." He said as he heard something zoom. He pulled out his black kunai as all he able to get was a glimpse of a Cutiefly zoom past him. "It's fast!" He said as the pollen around him caught wind of Cutiefly's speed as it entered his lungs and blinded him. He was gasping for air as he knelt down in pain trying to get some sort of air flow in his system. He then noticed a figure was coming towards him to attack. He swung his kunai around his finger, lunging forward ready to attack whoever it was even though blinded.

He then felt a familiar Fairy energy as he stopped as he saw a figure block the attack for him. "K-Kaya?!" Leon turned his kunai to face him instead of nearly stabbing Kaya in the back. He then felt the wind pick up as the pollen leave his lungs. The Poison Channeler finally was able to get some air into his lungs as he went over to the lake to wash his face of the pollen. With his vision better, he saw Kaya, Ter, and Abby not too far away. "Alright. Nobody tell Ulla. I won't hear the end of it." He said as he finally took notice who attacked him. Someone from the Alola team with a net. "Alola Auntie." The man said, not actually it being his aunt. Just saying it in terms of respect. He then observed the older woman's net and noticed the weird looking gem. "....That's no ordinary bug net. Is it?"

~~~~~~

Ulla listened to Sub as he told Keiko and some others to run off ahead of the rest of the Camp Team. She watched as Keiko ran ahead, much faster than she usual does. Probably because they were in such an open area. Ulla's Vulpix rubbed her head against the child's legs as she smiled happily. "Guess this time we get to be in the back lines. Shall we?" Ulla then started carrying Velvet with both arms as she took out her hover board and started following the group. "Velvet, how is my artifact? Doesn't look like it's going to fall right?" She asked as her artifact was a hair clip that wrapped around one side of her head almost like a crown. Velvet starred at it and nodded as her eyes were watching their back side to make sure they wouldn't get flanked.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:39 pm
"Got it!" Veronica nodded and Hydra, whom had been staring at her, also followed and nodded. Veronica headed towards the berries trees she knew where to find from last time, though she had no intention of picking up more than 2 berries from each tree just to keep on moving. "Listen, if you can't keep up, call out and I'll carry you." Veronica told Hydra. "But hopefully, we'll be fine!" As she marched forward, she kept switching between places, from leading the way to falling back to make sure they weren't in danger. Despite not wanting to face unknowning things first, she found herself running up to lead the way North often. Though it wasn't like she would pass Keiko at her speed. The small Jangmo-o was certainly getting the exercise of a lifetime in this trek considering how Veronica had only trained him to sleep. It was an art.  

DignityPower

Darksol88
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:21 pm
SubonicXP

"Might have the advantage of numbers on our end, but if I had to take a shot in the dark, he's right. We'll likely be far from the only team to think of using the ruins as a vantage point. Can't guarantee we'll avoid everyone jumping us on the way but my Scorbunny and I should be able to manage something." As he saw it, the four that'd be blazing a path were the better shots for pinch hitters. But the quicker they started now, the better.

At once, Sol rushed northward, though he did momentarily stop at a berry tree relatively closeby to shake it. Having a few more supplies wouldn't hurt and might even raise their chances.

Cera gave a bit of a look at everyone when Sub grabbed her, as if suggesting she was aware that this was her life now. "At least the other trainers don't have to worry about me fighting," she remarked, otherwise keeping her guard up for anything that might be coming for them.

"Since we'll have more time..." Amaranth would show to have a similar idea as Sol; once she started down the more winding path the rest would be taking, she'd shake another nearby berry tree to hopefully amass some sort of supplies.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:57 pm
[Camp Team]

Keiko took off like a Ninjask and her jumps would make a Hitmonlee envious once she got going, leaving the others in her dust as she rushed towards the tower. Only Sol managed to somewhat keep up, perhaps would have done better had he not stopped to shake a tree and retrieve two Sitrus Berries and a Figy Berry. Those might come in handy. Veronica also took a moment to pick some berries, acquiring an Oran Berry, a Lum Berry, and a Roseli Berry. Leslie would certainly be bringing up the rear of the 'forward assault'.

Keiko and Sol made it to the Watchtower Ruins site first, Keiko arriving about a minute before Sol however both were in time to witness a fight already taking place. An elderly man with a long white beard and bald head, his sporty gold and silver uniform clashing with his ornate sash draped across his body, was currently battling what the Snagems could only assume to be a former member of Team Flare, the former grunt's roots showing through their months old red hair dye. The old man and his Bellsprout were doing Team Johto proud as they gave the washed up grunt and his Fletchling the run around, dodging everything the bird threw at it and striking when they least expected it. A well timed Acid took down the bird and evicted the grunt from the contest as a nearby Roto-drone announced the elimination.

Another member of Team Johto wasn't doing as well against their Team Kalos foe, a young brown haired stereotypical 'school girl’ and her Cubone made quick work of by a well kept blonde haired young man sporting the blue and red X/Y marked uniform of Team Kalos and his Honedge. The Roto-drone would announce that it was 'Comebuy the Younger's’ third knock out. With that girl now eliminated he turned his eyes upon the old man who hailed from the Sprout Tower of Johto. The elderly sage met his gaze and prepared himself for another fight as Honedge and Bellsprout rushed towards each other.

On top the tower another battle raged. A young male Spearow hybrid sporting green tights underneath his Team Kanto uniform along with a yellow inside and black outside cape against a fellow cape wearing girl also sporting a red mask, her uniform a contrasting black and white and sporting V stylized to represent Victini. The Team Unova challenger stood atop the tower and with her Riolu took on the Spearow hybrid directly. It was clear she was some sort of Channeler however as the Spearow hybrid was struggling to land any sort of hit on her or her Riolu, the two appearing to know exactly where he was coming from and when, his aerial position not proving to be much of an advantage. The battle between self styled 'heroes' raged on.

The tower was being contested already by four regions but none of them had yet to sport Keiko and Sol and thus they could pick their fights. Jump in on the ongoing Pokemon battle? Pick off the hybrid of Channeler? Or maybe they could think of something else?

By the time Veronica and lastly Leslie arrived they wouldn't be allowed such luxury as the moment the tower came into view for Veronica a Blitzle came charging at her head first, flames cloaking it as it executed a Flame Charge, commanded by a teenage woman behind it, her city slicker hair dyed all sorts of different colors. Another girl accompanied her and had a thick country accent as she commanded her Mareep to follow up the sneak attack against Veronica with a long range Thunder Shock. The two members of Team Unova were apparently the look outs for the other girl defending the tower. Leslie would arrive just behind Veronica giving her time to see this sneak attack coming.

As for the reserve Camp Team their way forward many of them were foraging for food, mainly berries. Wren with the help of Manna would find a good sized cluster of Tiny Mushrooms along with a few Big Mushrooms here and there. They looked really hearty and would make good eating if prepared right. A Morelull was sleeping among them under the big shady tree and while it didn’t seem too happy with being disturbed Wren would have the skills to calm it down and let them be. Above them in the branches was a certain Electric/Poison type munching on berries.

Aria would gather a bunch of Kelpsy and Qualot Berries help from her baby Toxel. While they wouldn’t be much use for healing anyone or strengthening a Pokemon in the short term they would find a lot of use for them as a food source. That said, Aria might be coming across some trouble once her Toxel found its way into the Wacan Berry tree coming up. Those electricity packed berries would look very good to the young Electric type and there were plenty of them to gorge itself on. Wren was already at the base of this tree picking mushrooms.

Amaranth was fairly lucky in amassing a cache of Jaboca Berries. She was perhaps startled when initially picking them, accidentally dropping one causing it to loudly ‘pop’ upon contact with the ground causing a Skwovet that had been hiding in the tree to flee. If not for just eating these things might come in handy in other ways.

Replay would spot something in the trees surrounding the reserve group but alas it was not able to determine exactly what. Whatever it was it was following the group and keeping its distance far enough not to trigger Blizzard’s hybrid sense nor could Odd detect its spiritual presence. The bird had two choices: check it out or alert someone.

“So, Ulla.” Sub spoke up towards the Fairy Channeler. “How are you doing now that things have calmed down? I know the whole Fairy Realm thing was hard on you. Speaking of, how has been your progress on the Soul Heart?” He asked the girl.

[Hunter Team]

The battle between Sandshrew and Bidoof was fierce but alas it would end shortly, the mouse triumphanting over the beaver after landing a third Fury Cutter in succession on top of striking a critical hit. That little Sandshrew was certainly powerful for its stage. With the Bidoof defeated the green haired boy found himself standing alone and victorious, watching his former adversary get picked up and escorted out of the Wild Area by a Corviknight before turning to face the den behind him where the much sought after Wishing Piece rested at the bottom, hoping to grab it while his teammate handled the other hybrid. Now was Freth’s chance.

Tristen had kept a close eye on the two hybrids fighting, the younger Venonat hybrid surprisingly forcing the older Floatzel hybrid to flee and give up the Wishing Piece here. Before Tristen could make his move a certain Snagem stumbled onto the scene, a jumpy battle exhausted Venonat hybrid from Kanto not wanting another drawn out physical fight and thus immediately fired the Trainer’s Eyes at Aden. Tristen likely did not know that Aden currently did not have a Pokemon and thus if he was forced into this battle by the Trainer’s Eyes he would be exposed and disqualified. Regardless of this fact he would likely be compelled to help his teammate regardless.

That Ekans was not prepared for Beau’s Seedot as it sprang out of the ground and delivered a kick to the snake’s face, causing it to recoil and hiss in pain from the super effective Dig attack. The woman did not bother answering Reno or his request to not waste her Trainer’s Eyes on him, at this point she could care less about Reno’s presence and instead wanted payback for that cheapshot. “Ekans! Use Haze!” She ordered, the snake righting itself and spewing from its mouth a thick cloud of black Haze around its general area, it and the woman disappearing behind it. Seconds later a beam of red energy would pierce through the Haze leaving behind a small hole which quickly disappeared, the energy of the Trainer’s Eyes flying directly for Beau, hoping to catch the trainer off guard. If it hit Beau his own Challenger Ring would emit a wave of blue energy which would expand out and form a ring around them, preventing either from leaving its confines until one of them were out of Pokemon.

As for young Ben he just gave his teammate and her predicament a passing glance, not too concerned apparently. After giving his Rattata a pet and considering Reno’s words he spoke. “Hm, that doesn’t sound very fun. Kind of scary, explosions. He could get hurt.” Ben responded to Reno as he looked down at his rat. “Okay, now what?” He asked Reno, childlike trust in his eyes as he awaited an answer. That...actually worked? Wasn’t often in a Snagem’s field that convincing someone not to fight didn’t end in insults, screams, and/or rash forward assaults. Now what indeed.

Lykas would indeed have found a raid den, in fact one that appeared completely unguarded nor contested. Peering down he would see that an underground stream ran through it from the lake. At the very bottom the stream parted and recombined about a yard away leaving a small isle of land at the center. There something glittered as it reflected the sun directly above it. It was a Wishing Piece, free for the taking.

The woman would quickly bounce her net off of Kaya’s arm and jerk the handle upward to knock the hybrid’s hand, and blade, upward to avoid the stab. Taking a hop backwards she took note of the opposition she faced and pulled the net to her said. “Alola, son.” She politely responded to Leon, using one hand to do the partial Alola greeting gesture. “You’re right, this is no ordinary net. I’m a Channeler and of course you should know what that means for the net.” She answered Terashi, implying the net was her artifact. “As for what kind and to answer your question...well, you never know a bug is nearby until it bites.” She said with a smile in response to Kaya. Her Cutiefly made a u-turn and returned to her side followed up by two more elderly persons walking out from behind a pair of trees. The old man and woman arriving with a Blipbug and Joltik respectively.

“These two here are a couple of old friends of mine, but don’t fear, they won’t be challenging you.” She said, her smile growing bigger as the two other Bug Pokemon came over to her side, their trainers just standing back as if to watch. With Cutiefly hovering around her and the Blipbug and Joltik crawling up onto her body the woman readied her net as if preparing herself for a fight. That was her scheme then. She was a Channeler and thus her abilities relied on having several Pokemon but they could only enter with one so instead she had her allies enter with some of her own to get around that little rule. Tricky.

Without further word the old woman sprang up off the ground with surprising lift and speed, her Cutiefly flying ahead of her up into the air. The bug would unleash a cloud of Stun Spore from above the Snagems, the Channeler falling through it and landing surprisingly softly behind Kaya and in front of Leon and Terashi. As the Stun Spore fell she swung her net wide around her to unleash a second wave of Stun Spore gathered from when she fell through, to guarantee at least one of them would be strapped in its paralyzing effects. When she made a full circle swing she kept going and the net’s reach expanded, a strand of silk connecting from its end to her as she spun around faster and faster. As the net spun the net itself would expand in size and threaten to snatch up one of the three in it completely. She was unaware of Abby however.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:52 am
Keiko stopped herself at the foot of the tower so she could go back to walking upright. Once this was done, she saw the the fight between the members of Team Johto and Team Kalos begin. Before joining in, Keiko let Stasy out of her ball. "We're about to enter a fight, Stasy. I'm sorry, I should have helped you learn how to battle before now, but if we work together, we can win. Let's just try our hardest, okay?" Keiko asked, worry building in her voice as she started to doubt whether bringing Stasy into this tournament was a good idea to begin with.

Stasy, however, was all too thrilled about this opportunity and said something in Pokespeak about wanting to make Keiko proud of her before she ran off toward the battle between the members of Team Johto and Team Kalos. This elicited panic in Keiko, but upon standing up, she watched the little Happiny charge a Shadow Ball and throw it at the Kalosian Honedge. Confused, Keiko pulled out her SNAG and checked it's Pokedex feature to discover that Stasy had a respectable moveset containing a sizable variety of move types. She couldn't fathom where she would have learned all these moves, but she'd have to ask Stasy about that later. Right now, she had to stand beside her Pokemon and finish the fight Stasy started. "Hope you boys don't mind if I cut in," Keiko said to the old Johtonian and the young Kalosian as Stasy's Shadow Ball flew on a collision course with the younger man's Honedge.

~*~

My first instinct upon seeing the wave of Stun Spore was to Psion Shift out of the way. Unfortunately, though the Betyl Stone was in my pocket, I had no Psychic-types to channel from. Thus, I got caught up in the spore cloud alongside Leon and Kaya unless one of them had a means of cancelling it out. While the old channeler woman was spinning around us, preparing who knows what other attack, Abby saw the opportunity she was looking for. "Low Kick the old maid," she whispered to her Machop. Palladia didn't much care for the idea of attacking humans, but given how her trainer's allies were in the process of being captured by one, she swallowed her pride and ran for the old lady, sweeping the leg with Low Kick. If she was successful in knocking the old maid on her face, Palladia would jump onto her back and grab her hands, holding them back so the Channeler woman couldn't continue whatever attack she was charging against us male Snagems.

Absinthe would make herself known at this point, smiling maliciously as she did. Once she was within arm's reach of her Machop, and thus the old Channeler, she'd turn her attention to the old lady's allies. "Who's next? I'll take you all on!" she shouted triumphantly. Not a wise proclamation, I thought, but as she said this, Simon struck. I'd let him out of his ball and told him to wait for an opportune moment before walking forward to help Leon, and he'd take his chance now, using Dig from beneath the earth to create a pitfall beneath the feet of one of the old Alolan's allies, causing them to fall into the earth. Simon wouldn't emerge yet, however, instead staying underground to trap another Alolan. He'd do this until he had all but the Channeler woman trapped or until I called for him, whichever came first.  
Team Mission Archive

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff