Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[GOLDFLIGHT] So You Think You Can Dance [Mictecath's Maiden] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Avid_RPer18

Loyal Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:02 am
Bronze Alarasith
User Image

Alarasith sat perched on his ledge, wings spread to bask in the coming early morning light, drinking in the shifting, vibrant dawning sky. Normally, this was a very calming, soothing activity for him, but the bronze had been feeling this building tension in the air. The reason soon revealed itself as the ever lovely Mictecath made a dive for the feeding pens. Rumbling as he folded his wings and rose to stand, Alarasith stretched and beat his wings to warm up. 'Fe'ryn, Mictecath is rising with the morn. She's calling us to dance, to sing. It'd be remiss of me if I didn't answer her summons.'

Having long since adjusted to early rising, Fe'ryn was just finishing up dressing for the day when his bondmate reached out to him, the emotions and anticipation hitting with enough force that he braced himself against the small table in his weyr to steady himself. Fe'ryn slowly exhaled and simply began to fish out the things in his pockets that he had been just check listing before heading out to set them on the table. His miscellany wouldn't be useful during a goldflight. Likely they'd just get dropped or left someplace. 'Couldn't have that, Alarasith! You go get on out there and put on a show for your lady then.'

While he wasn't as musically inclined as some of his brethren, the striped bronze would try his best to try to express how important she was to him, to try to put on the best possible showing for her! He sprang from their weyrledge and swooped low to close in on the gathering around the feeding pens. 'I hope you don't mind, Mic, I hope you don't mind, I'm going to try to put into words...' He landed amidst her other suitors. 'How wonderful life is...with you in the world. No doubt the morning sun will be kind to grant us all a fair stage for our singing and dancing.' His tone was warm and full of adoration, his eyes bright purple.

Having shaken himself down for any extra or unnecessary accessories or items, Fe'ryn hoofed it out of his weyr. He'd surely find where he'd need to go, or at the very least find someone to get swept up with. Regardless, he needed to get to where the action was going to happen. He'd figure everything out from there.

Your Song - Ewan McGregor (From Moulin Rouge)

.:Alarasith's Stats:.

Participant: +5
Loving, demonstrative or affectionate: +10
Sociable, witty, charming: +10
Protective, keen Thread-fighter: +10
Family-oriented: +15
Willing to share 'the ledge' with others: +15
Invested potential clutch sire, involved future parent: +10
Respectful and accepting of every colour regardless of rank: +15
Is Alarasith: +10

Total: 100 (boy, hwhat)

Derg: A mini bronze, Alarasith is a bit of a fuddy-duddy. He maintains gentlemanly airs, valuing tidiness, open, diplomatic communication, and decorum. He longs to be father and loves spending time around kids, human or draconic. He'll gladly help teach, fuss over, protect, and babysit/watch over creche kids, candidates, or younger weyrlings if given the chance to do so. He tends to take things at face value and holds grudges or ill moods about as well as a sieve does. He doesn't pay much mind to color politics, perfectly comfortable catching or being caught by any other color, chromatic or metallic, should he fail to catch a rising green or gold. If he has to pull color rank due to a fight or during threadfall, Alarasith makes a point to seek out the ones he had to do so with to discuss and possibly apologize if he feels the need to do so. He doesn't view his threadfighting as heroism, just a duty that he happily, readily performs. He must make safe HR and the people therein, regardless of injury or come what may.

Positive: Paternal, gentlemanly, buoyant, sincere
Negative: Passive/unambitious, overly trusting, fussy

Rider: Fe'ryn, an ex-woodcrafter/thatcher before being searched, is a hardworking man that tries to take steps to try to avoid finding himself lacking, be it in understanding or for the simple day-to-day emergencies of needing a small bandage, writing implement, a piece of paper, etc. Nary will anything he carries with him or wears be out of place. He's an empathetic fellow, which can exacerbate his moodiness and impulsivity. He tries to keep folks at arm's length to keep the worst of this at bay.

Pos: Dutiful, empathetic, prepared, neat
Neg: Impulsive, moody, fidgety, guarded

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:59 pm
NPC Zassorth

As the creeping dawn of Rukbat's light swept across High Reaches Weyr it was met with a red eyed glare - Zassorth was not one for early rising. But rise he would, for she was Rising. A resplendent golden form that put Rukbat itself to blush. Sweeping down from the heights to blood his kill, the scar-kissed bronze let out a growling roar of challenge.

Darkness bled away as the day fought for supremacy, the warring colors of night and day mingling at the edges. A subliminal place one might call twilight sang its last death song. Zassorth sang with it, letting out a bugle as he pounced upon a frightened buck. Sinking his teeth greedily into the dying creature's throat, he felt his rider's will upon him.

Blood only. As always, as ever. Repudiating the reminder, for how could anyone, least of all his rider, think that he might have forgotten? To gorge and slow himself down until he was naught but weary, weak, and ineffectual? No. Not he.

Growling low in his throat even as he drank - were it possible - he watched Mictecath with eyes that gleamed in mingled reds and purples. He was family... albeit somewhat more distant than those whom she called. Called or not, Zassorth had come. Let any try to stop him. Bitterness rose in his hearts, memories of other Flights, other times... but he relinquished them. They had no place here.

For here, indeed, was the dawn. If I'm a pagan of the good times, my lover's the sunlight - to keep the goddess on my side she demands a sacrifice, came the distant rumble, as of slow crawling thunder. If they were to war with words, then he would throw that in their teeth... and let her wonder what she was to him. If dance we must... then dance I shall.

Stirring from his bed furs with a muffled curse, La'zul struggled through the process of dressing and just... didn't bother with anything beyond trousers. What did it matter if half the Weyr saw him so unclad when they'd be taking their own clothes off soon enough? Zassorth's instincts had him seeking out a foreign bed, but where was Mictecath's rider? Where, indeed, was Nyaranau?

Hozier - Take Me to Church

About Zassorth

A small to medium sized bronze, Zassorth nevertheless is a force to be reckoned with. His hide shows the ravages of Thread, but he is not a vain creature, taking such stains as the badges of pride that they are. Passionate, fierce, and magnetic in his acid way, he keeps his hearts well hidden. He's been known to sing to his food upon occasion... not that he'd ever admit to such a fault. Although generally standoffish, where Zassorth has committed his hearts he is devoted and protective.

Positive Traits: Charismatic, Hypnotic, Witty
Negative Traits: Scheming, Machiavellian, Sarcastic

About La'zul

Born and raised in Nabol Hold, La'zul adapted to Weyr life like a fish to water. He lives and breathes the High Reaches culture, but owing to his upbringing as a scrapper (and sometime card shark) has a meritocratic bent. A handsome fellow with shoulder length blue-black hair and violet eyes full of mischief, La'zul is your traditional bronzerider in a quite attractive package. ... If one prefers one's bronzerider to have rather sharp edges, at least. Equally intrigued by men and women, and nonbinary sorts alike. Little bit easy come, easy go... until the right thing (or things) click(s).

Positive Traits: Clever, Resourceful, Inquisitive
Negative Traits: Bossy, Sharp-tongued, Greedy

Available for post-Flight good times.

Musical: +10
Witty, charming, humorous: +10
Protective: +10
Strong loyalty to the Weyr and 'the way things are done' - because they benefit him: +5
[Dis]respectful and accepting of every colour regardless of rank - impressed by those who excel regardless of color: +15
Total: 80

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:32 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

They came. Some subtle. Others to a fanfare of their own making. Mictecath hummed her approval, sizing up the chase, her song gentling as she gave them her consideration and attention.

Bajeth carried himself with a particular grace, despite his self-deprecating evaluation, but beneath the affectionate cheer seemed to linger an air of melancholy. It was almost as if he longed for the sky to swallow them whole, and Mic shivered at the thought. How she desperately wanted to touch noses and reassure him, but instead, she turned her purple gaze towards him, her voice light, lilting in the moment, had hoped the morning light would help us all bask in the music and love of our hearts. Come what may, I have every confidence in you. Her encouragement was gentle.

Khazariath's approach spoke of a stately, calculating gentleman, and she watched him land with budding curiosity and warmth. Indarrath's brother, if she recalled, and she greeted him with a croon. Fading stars? We will become the stars, soon enough. She mused, pleased at the thought. Warmth wrapped itself around her words, hoping to spur the young bronze to even greater heights. He certainly did gleam and sparkle in the morning sun- as much a star as she or Rukbat, perhaps.

As Taoloth arrived, Mictecath's hearts thrummed happily to see him. Taoloth, my dear, how good it is to share the sky with you today. Certain of his... friends had more questionable intentions, although the Brown had always seemed very sweet to Mictecath. She crooned as he spoke, playing back his words in her mind, as though afraid to lose them. I would hate for you to die of thirst before you dance your best. If I show you the steps, will you follow until the end? Her teasing was gentle, with just a spark of passion lingering beneath. He would have to be clever and quick to win today- kind words and soulful music were only half the battle. Still, she was intrigued, and would watch him closely.

An intriguing arrival took the shape of Sakneth, and Mictecath found herself contemplating him a long while. There was something sweet about him, although she did not know him very well. As he drew closer, she felt a flicker of something primal lurking deep within her hearts... Space. She needed space. And distance from these creatures who would claim her. It was an urgent, pressing need, and she glanced at the sky once more, before turning back to his masked face. If your flying is as smooth as your words... She began, but trailed off. The promise of everlasting light and sun stole her attention, and she found herself peering skyward.

Iweth's arrival came with an outpouring of love, which Mictecath returned with great passion. What a lovely sight to behold, so wonderfully aware of everything the morning held for them all. Mictecath inched towards him, leaving behind the carnage of her blooding. Iweth, the morning holds its breath for you. I am so glad for your company. She trilled in delight, and the offer to sing freely only enticed her further. Of course she was going to sing, but to hear it echoed in his words, in his hearts. Let us create the most freeing of symphonies today. Truly, her enthusiasm left her giddy and excited. Iweth might even have felt the touch of her tail against his.

Aryath's arrival was greeted with a croon, and she studied the newcomer with renewed joy. He was so self-assured, so certain- an intriguing prospect. We shall all shine this morning- but do your hearts shine as brightly as the sun? Can you feel the love inside of you? Her frank questions were lilting, carrying the music vibrating within herself. It was good to be sure, but there had to be more!

And then, Nanuth arrived. Her hearts sang out, and she bugled in greeting. Her dear brother had been such a comfort and a dear companion throughout their lives. He had been there for the best moments, and had seen her at the worst. She didn't hesitate to brush her tail against his, but withheld her characteristic headboops. It was almost time to fly- she could feel the nagging itch in her wings, the trembling of her lithe body as she greeted her suitors. I believe you will follow me to the ends of Pern, Nanuth. May your light shine, and your hearts soar beside mine. There was nothing else to say- her love for him lived in the privacy of their bond. She worried- as he did, of course- that the loss of limb would make this harder... but she knew he would fly his best. Of that she had no doubt.

Yihoth's arrival was met with a trill, and he summoned a tinkling laugh with his words. I consider myself fortunate to count on so many brave, willing souls for their music. I am eager to see you dance, if you number amongst those fleet of foot and wing. His seeming shyness entreated her to wrap him in a warm, reassuring mental hug, and she hoped her words were as encouraging as they had been for Bajeth. Certainly she was grateful for such an aimiable companion on this wonderful day.

Severith presented a different energy entirely, and she studied him with purple eyes. He seemed boundless in a way, as though his energy would keep him aloft forever. How dearly I hope for you to keep up- if I dance too quickly and passionately, I might lose you all. She teased him as she had Taoloth, hoping the challenge beneath her words would both encourage and soothe him.

It was Rixth's arrival that caught her attention next, and Mictecath bugled in pleasure. The wave of love the bronze received might have threatened to drown him, were he unprepared. I am so glad that you are here. Now, and before, when he came back to his family. Tenderness wrapped around her words, and she had to stop herself from nuzzling him. Like Nanuth, very little had to be said. The love she had for him shone brilliantly, spoken aloud or not.

And... Venandith. Of all dragons, of all the creatures to live and breathe... Venandith had to be the most infuriating, the most contrary, the most worrying... And yet also brave, and considerate in a way that ruined this egocentric façade. He was a conundrum wrapped in a beautiful brown hue. She watched him, overwrought by warring emotions, and found that she was glad for his company. Her attention momentarily flickered to Nanuth, hoping the two would... Well, remain civil, at the very least. Venandith... She greeted him softly, acknowledging him with a bow of her head. Her hearts warmed at his words. He knew family was important. He knew this moment mattered. He understood love, and music... Was he saying this for her sake, or because he felt it in the depths of his hearts as well? The light rises on fresh opportunities and chances with each new day. This morning, our hearts will sing together, but let us see how well you dance. Her words carried an unspoken challenge. She was quiet, but it was not the gentle quietness of a queen gripped by lust and love; it was a dragon daring to trust, full of uncertainty but buoyed by hope.

Alarasith's arrival dispelled the tension she felt, and Mictecath crooned in greeting. She'd grown fond of the bronze in recent times, and was glad he had recovered well enough to be there. His sweetness was a balm for hearts heavy with emotional turmoil. Once more, she found herself controlling her instincts to run and nuzzle him (how improper would that be pre-Flight). Alarasith! How glad I am that you are here. She trilled, delighted by the measure and flow of his words. They reverberated within her hearts, leaving her tingling and desperate to fly and dance and sing. Why, who needs the sun when you are here to brighten my world? A little laugh ensued, and she brushed his tail with hers in passing. Truly, she was glad he had come, and was well enough to fly. There would be plenty of love with Alarasith present.

A presence had settled over the growing group, electrifying in its own right, and Mictecath watched as Zassorth settled on a choice beast and drank deep. He was scarred and bloody in his own way, but no one could deny the bronze's loyalty to the Weyr, or to her... That her presence had roused him enough to entice him to join their ephemeral joy meant something, right? Right? Surely... Nothing is absolute here. We sing and dance to remember who we are. I am grateful you are here. Cryptic, solemn, but forged by an innocent sweetness she hoped would propel him to greater heights.

Pink skies called out to her, and she was not strong enough to continue denying them. With a trill she flared her wings and leapt, elation coursing through her body. Nyaranau gasped as her feet seemed to leave the floor, and bounced upwards, rushing back to her ledge to watch the golden arrow rise towards the sun. If I fly fast enough, far enough, I know I can touch the sky... The words were more for herself, but left open for others to hear. Encouragement. Excitement. She twirled in the air, luxuriating in this wilful liberation of every misery reality had served.

It was most certainly their time.

Nyara had quite forgotten that others would arrive, not a thought spared for how easy her weyr could be found. Instead, she was both paralysed and consumed by the feel of the wind beneath her wings, by the musical croons that escaped her mouth, by the fast, frantic pumping of blood in her wings... This was true freedom. To have become so entwined with Mictecath, their hearts singing in unison, aflame, their souls and senses so unified... She touched the base of her neck, instinct guiding her other hand to the wall, holding her back from leaping into the skies herself.

About Nyaranau:
Vivacious, loving and enthusiastic, Nyara is a whirlwind of energy and positivity. Her ebullient joie de vivre conceals insecurities and a fear of loneliness: Nyara surrounds herself with people so she doesn't have to deal with all the worries she buries.

Positive Trait List: Excitable, Intelligent, Passionate
Negative Trait List: Fear of loneliness, Self-absorbed, Easily distracted

About Mictecath:
Extremely physically affectionate, Mictecath is a doting, nurturing dragon with a lot of love to offer. She yearns to be a mother, and embraces her maternal role with a great deal of enthusiasm. She is, at times, overprotective of those she loves, and can be a bit vengeful when she feels someone has wronged a loved one. Her wrath is certainly something to behold when provoked.

Positive Trait List: Maternal, Responsible, Demonstrative
Negative Trait List: Overprotective, Smothering, Vindictive

SilverLutz
+10 points to your running score!

demon_pachabel
+5 points to your running score!

BastetAmun

Princess_Feylin
+15 points to your running score!

ShinosBee

faesinger

Dea and #Teddy#

Zaikt

magnadearel

Smerdle

Uta

Avid_RPer18

Mr Cheri

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:37 pm
Round 2 Begins: Friday, 25th of June at 20:00 PDT (x)  

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

ShinosBee generated a random number between 1 and 80 ... 26!

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:37 pm
User Image

He crooned, a soft warbling trill joining Mictecath's as she spoke to him, sending the purple in his eyes deepening more and more. To feel the brush of her tail was one thing, and to have the fond caress of her mind, her interest, her approval, her love was another. Oh, he would capture the sight of her, resplendent and hung in lines of sunrise-gold, in his mind's eye for the rest of his days! What if this, here, now, was the start of it? The start of something magical for them together...? He could not hold back the trumpet of joyful hope that burst from his chest, and did not try, letting the swarming, bubbling delight simply flow forth into the morning air.

When she took flight he was right behind her, wings pounding at the air to bear him in her wake. It was not so bad to be a bit of a smaller bronze now, not when it made it that much easier to catch the wind and rise in glorious chase! The light rippled along her form like water, entrancing him and making his mind spin and swim, drowning happily in desire and deep affection. Yes! Rise, soar, dance on this beautiful morning, oh beautiful Mictecath! All the sounds of the earth are like music, but none so sweet as your voice—it gives me a beautiful feeling, and everything's going our way!

Let them stir every branch and tree they passed, the wind of their many wings helping all the world to dance together, today! Though his mind and hearts were fixed on Mictecath, their own golden, rising second sun in the skies, he was not unaware of the others around him, around her. His friends, his wingmates, his family... they were all so beautiful, flying and loving together, weren't they? Another bugle of elation erupted from his jaws, loud enough to rattle the near-faded stars from the sky.

Stats
Sociable, witty, charming, humorous: +10
Respectful and accepting of every color regardless of rank: +15
Part of the Magic/Disney double clutch: +15

Score: 26+15(bonus) = 41  
demon_pachabel generated a random number between 1 and 65 ... 53!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:10 am
User Image

Then it is no wonder the rest in the sky are clearing way for us, Khazariath hummed back. He had no mounting anxiety over the growing throng of suitors that gathered, no desire to try and send any of them away to increase his own chances of catching Mictecath's eye when all was said and (almost) done. He did size each one up privately, though with far different purpose than a competitive spirit.

Her self-aimed challenge caught something inside the young bronze, who kept alert and ready to follow where their lady of the day would take them. Reach for the light, you'll touch the sky - and capture a star. Rise to meet the moment and burn like a flame. Khazariath crooned supportively. The thrill of surging up, up, up - it was different than simply flying, certainly, and it was all very new to him. The sensation absolutely danced through him.

Reach For the Light (Balto)

Khazariath

Khazariath is wise beyond his Turns, carrying himself with learned and practiced grace and nobility. He is a paranoidly cautious dragon who does not take spur-of-the-moment risky leaps. He also has 0 romantic love for the ladies, but does desire to be a father.

Positive Traits: Alert, perceptive, wise
Negative Traits: Paranoid, avaricious, clingy

D'rok is not available lmao.

Strong loyalty to the Weyr and 'the way things are done': +5

Score: 53 + 5 (bonus) = 58  

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

SilverLutz generated a random number between 1 and 80 ... 27!

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:35 am
User Image

Mictecath's kind, welcoming reassurance made Bajeth feel like this morning - win or lose - would benefit him and his rider greatly. Mictecath was a loving queen, one who cared for all of her family, both by blood and by weyr, and the building excitement in the area picked the bronze's spirits up. Each new suitor made the chase all more thrilling and when Mictecath finally shot up into the sky, Bajeth let out a trumpet of excitement. His hearts were racing, pumping hard as he too jumped into the air, wings beating to give chase. The air around him was a whirlwind as the others joined in and the down draft kept him from gaining any impressive speed, but as the throng of dragons pushed upward he kept a decent spot in the pack.

Awake in the sky, we break up so high, he crooned, the thrill of the chase, of being part of something bigger than himself making him at least try to capture Mictecath's interest. Let's make it our own, let's savor it.

Dragons were jockeying for position behind Mictecath as she twirled, her words reaching his mind and drawing Bajeth onward. The light of the morning caught her golden hide, flashing in his eyes with the promise of everything should he prove himself worthy.

We go where no one goes, we slow for no one, get out of our way! Bajeth couldn't help the little roar that left him to accompany his last words, eager to close the gap between him and Mictecath.

Where No One Goes

---

Bajeth: Bajeth is a friendly, outgoing dragon who loves to laugh, eat, and make new friends. Kids are a delight to him - both of the dragon and human persuasion - and he'll be the first to volunteer to watch over those scampering around in the Creche or to introduce himself to the new junior weyrlings during their training sessions. Although he's currently working through some old and new feelings - good and bad - he's far quicker to put on a happy face and interact with others than his rider is. Bajeth is quite fond of any dragon that is smaller than him, no matter the color, as he loves to curl up around them and snuggle.
S'ian: Emotionally unavailable, won't be participating.

---

Bajeth's Stats

Respectful and accepting of every colour regardless of rank: +15'

Round 1: 27 + 10
Total: 37  
Cheri generated a random number between 1 and 80 ... 16!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:46 am
NPC Zassorth

Sentiment. What sentiment would or could the sardonic bronze offer to anyone? Ah, but for Mictecath it was different. She was one of only a few who could stir his hearts. As far as Zassorth was concerned there was no one in the sky but her. Shapes flew before him as he took off, momentarily dazzled by her beauty.

If he was behind the rest, then so be it. The bronze launched himself into the sky with a bugle, the downdraft of brown, bronze, and gold wings alike giving him something to fight against. For all of his silent dedication to the Weyr, no one could ever have mistaken him for the sort of warrior that some of his fellows were.

As Rukbat's glow cast them slowly out of the liminal twilight, Zassorth sought out what thermals might await him so early in the morning. He was one of the last, and aware of his position. But nothing, not even the distance between them, could keep him from Mictecath's side. I can't stop this feeling deep inside of me... Mic, you just don't realize what you do to me.

Chasing, wings flared to fully catch the wind as he might, the dragon found himself emboldened by her dancing. By her words. When you hold me in your arms so tight, you let me know that everything's all right. A harper had once lit a smolder of curiosity within Zassorth, then quite young. Did the song, the words they exchanged, hold so much meaning? I'm hooked on the feeling, high on believing you're in love with me...

Where the words might have been a declaration, here they were a confession. Did he fool himself into thinking that might be true? Though Mictecath's hearts belonged to herself alone, they were stirred by many. Was he among them? The sight of her above him, so bright, was the impetus he needed to chase after as he could. Even within this first rush he felt the faint pain that such efforts cost him, and dismissed it.

For Mic, he would overlook such a trivial thing. Soon the star and the queen would fight for dominance in the sky - but to Zassorth there was no comparison. She burned brighter.

Cursing as he fought his way through corridors and blindly down stairs, La'zul found himself stumbling his way toward Nyara's weyr. Even as he walked he was in the sky above, tailing after a long line of suitors. He felt his dragon's frustration at the distance, along with a touch of wicked humor that nearly always colored the bronze's thoughts. The bronzerider leaned heavily against the wall as he walked, needing the support momentarily so that he did not fall as he made his way to her.

Hooked on a Feeling by Blue Suede

About Zassorth

A small to medium sized bronze, Zassorth nevertheless is a force to be reckoned with. His hide shows the ravages of Thread, but he is not a vain creature, taking such stains as the badges of pride that they are. Passionate, fierce, and magnetic in his acid way, he keeps his hearts well hidden. He's been known to sing to his food upon occasion... not that he'd ever admit to such a fault. Although generally standoffish, where Zassorth has committed his hearts he is devoted and protective.

Positive Traits: Charismatic, Hypnotic, Witty
Negative Traits: Scheming, Machiavellian, Sarcastic

About La'zul

Born and raised in Nabol Hold, La'zul adapted to Weyr life like a fish to water. He lives and breathes the High Reaches culture, but owing to his upbringing as a scrapper (and sometime card shark) has a meritocratic bent. A handsome fellow with shoulder length blue-black hair and violet eyes full of mischief, La'zul is your traditional bronzerider in a quite attractive package. ... If one prefers one's bronzerider to have rather sharp edges, at least. Equally intrigued by men and women, and nonbinary sorts alike. Little bit easy come, easy go... until the right thing (or things) click(s).

Positive Traits: Clever, Resourceful, Inquisitive
Negative Traits: Bossy, Sharp-tongued, Greedy

Available for post-Flight good times.

Witty, charming, humorous: +10
Protective: +10
Strong loyalty to the Weyr and 'the way things are done' - because they benefit him: +5
[Dis]respectful and accepting of every colour regardless of rank - impressed by those who excel regardless of color: +15

Round 1: 16/80 + 15 = 31

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

faesinger generated a random number between 1 and 80 ... 5!

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:51 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Aryath was caught circling the wrong direction as Mictecath took off. He had to fight to turn and begin his chase, at which point there were dragons already winging in behind her and Aryath found himself falling behind. Still he reached out to Mictecath. I feel love deeply. For that is where the loves that endure lodge themselves. He wasn’t about to profess his undying love for her as that would be lying. Aryath would not lie about something as important as love. Love is many things and comes in many forms. Passion of the moment does not equal love of eternity. Aryath hums. Let me give you passion today and we can look together for the love that is written in the sky tomorrow.

Aryath:
Positive Traits: Charming, irresistible, cavalier
Negative Traits: Rakish, disreputable, boastful

L’iand: is not available

participant: +5
demonstrative: +10
Charming: +10
protective: +10
Invested potential clutch sire/future parent +10
Willing to share ‘the ledge’ with others: +15
Strong loyalty to the Weyr +5
respectful of every color regardless of rank: +15

Round 1: 5 + 5 = 10  
Uta generated a random number between 1 and 90 ... 82!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:27 am
User Image

The brown dragon was not unaware that his presence was, perhaps, questioned, if not outright unwanted. He was certainly sure that some among them would not wish to see him there, and even, perhaps, Mictecath. Still, she greeted him quietly enough--though he was certain it was merely a pleasantry. He knew he was in steep competition, especially from a certain brown; that Rixth had shown up only caused him all the more ire. Practically a family reunion.... and with not one, but two, of those she heavily favored.

It chafed that he was not one of them so sweetly admired by Mictecath. It meant he was all the more aware of those he had to stack up against. He was a confident, arrogant beast who knew his own worth--but Mictecath never seemed to see him for who he truly was and seemed to turn a blind eye on the things that he legitimately excelled at. Did he give up too soon in trying to show those sides or did she simply not bother to look in the first place?

Bah.

Certainly, he didn't need her hearts--not like some of the bronzes and browns who were coiled and ready to spring up and into the sky in a moment's notice. Not because he didn't want them, but because he was not in the habit of giving his own away so freely--certainly not as freely as Mic. It wouldn't be fair, and Venandith had never been a liar, for all that he was confident. But just because he was not in the habit of giving them away, did not mean they couldn't be borrowed, if wanted; and the rest of his body was open permanently, as everyone well knew. Thankfully, tonight was less about a song of love, and something more primal and hedonistic.

That things between them were complicated didn't matter, come the end of this flight...

But that didn't mean he wasn't ready to give Mic what she wanted. She had her dearest loves already--but maybe tonight she needed something else.

Her words seemed fragile; as if she didn't dare to even look at him twice. She embraced everyone else around her with such love but what had he done? Arrogant? Brash? Overconfident? Yes. But he was still her brother, still her clutchmate, still her family--flaws and all.

I hate to turn up out of the blue, uninvited.... But I couldn't stay away, I couldn't fight it. I'd hoped you'd see my face and... And what?

Perhaps it was best to be... open. Forthright. Vulnerable, but he hated himself for that. Perhaps it's why Skerath and he got on so swimmingly--neither of them were particularly prone to wearing their hearts on their sleeves. But just because he hated to be it didn't mean he couldn't be. Wouldn't be.

As Mictecath pushed off, Venandith leapt with all the power and force he could. He would not hesitate, would throw his all into the flight. Perhaps he was going too strong, too quickly--but he didn't care. He knew his limits and why shouldn't he show his strength and power from the start? Regrets and mistakes, they're memories made--but we don't have to remain there. See me for who I am, and not for who you believe me to be! Their relationship had always been torrid and complicated.... Love could last a lifetime, as with Rixth and Nanuth; but it could also hurt instead.

Someone Like You -- Adele

- - - -
Venandith Basically a hero, Venandith is amazing. And don't think that he won't tell you all about it. He does take great pride in showing himself to be an example among Browns. For that reason he'll be the first to volunteer for a dangerous mission. If there was a break in the line, he'd be right there, ready and willing to go right into the thick of things. But ooph, watch the face! There's only one like that in all of Pern. If there is one thing to say of Venandith, it's that he's persistent. He will doggedly pursue a task to the bitter end, even if that means putting himself and his rider at terrible risk. He'd rather not, of course, but if something needs done, this is one dragon who will do it.

Positive Traits: Confident, Strong, Opinionated, Suave, Persistent
Negative Traits: Smug, Arrogant, Narcissistic, Vain, Womanizing (Manizing? Izing?)

Protective, keen Thread-fighter, heroic: +10
Strong loyalty to the Weyr and 'the way things are done': +5
Part of the Magic/Disney double clutch: +15
Venandith: +5
Total: 90

1. 82 + 15 = 97

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Princess_Feylin generated a random number between 1 and 55 ... 26!

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:40 am
User Image

There were many bronzes gathered, Sakneth noted with approval. Some he knew better than others, as they flew on his wing. He was not overly concerned about his chances in so large a pool. Rather, he saw the crowded skies as evidence of his own good judgment in pursuing Mictecath. It would be less prestigious for him to catch her when flying against few. This way, when he won, his victory would be all the more impressive, to the gold and to the Weyr at large. He would show them all how it ought to be done.

When Mictecath took to the sky, Sakneth was not as quick off the mark as he should have been, but he was still mulling over what Mictecath had said to him, and how she had seemed distracted by the arrival of some other bronzes whom she might know better and have a more personal connection to. He decided that she had found him charming - naturally- but had also been warning him that he would have to be a superlative flyer to win her, and Sakneth was fine with that. Except - damn! - now he was late starting. Nevertheless, he beat his powerful wings and quickly brought himself aloft.

You fly as though you are dancing on the morning dew, like the dawn has come only for you, he crooned to her, struggling to find a better position in the pursuing pack of dragons.

The scheming bronze flew past his wingmate Bajeth and another bronze he passed too quickly to recognize and found himself flying apace with another wingmate, Iweth. He was still far behind the brilliantly bright bronze he knew mostly by sight, and - infuriatingly - behind that brown from his wing, Venandith, but he felt he had reason to hope that his sweet words would win him some favor with Mictecath and incline her to make an abrupt direction change which would negate the other dragons' massive lead.

While he verbally admired Mictecath's twirling flight, Sakneth began to consider what he might say privately to Venandith which might distract or divert him. Words, after all, had power, and Venandith was enough like Sakneth himself that the bronze was fairly certain he could come up with something to nettle him, should his lead grow too much greater. His hearts beat hard with anticipation.

On the Morning Dew

• Participant: +5
  • Sociable, witty, charming, humorous: +10
  • Protective, keen Thread-fighter, heroic: +10
  • Family-oriented: +15
  • Invested potential clutch sire, involved future parent: +10
  • Strong loyalty to the Weyr and 'the way things are done': +5

Total: 55
Score: 26 + 15 (bonus) = 41

BastetAmun generated a random number between 1 and 80 ... 26!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:22 am
User Image

The touch from Mictecath had Taoloth thrum happily in his chest. I am happy for this opportunity to share a dance with you in the sky this morning. The teasing intrigued Taoloth and very much kept his attention upon the Gold. I will gladly follow your lead, my Golden Rose.

As Mictecath took to the air, Taoloth followed after her. His movements were still languid as he moved, noticing a few of his clutchmates in the crowd as well. There was a touch sent out to Iweth in greeting as he had not done so before, then his attention was fully upon the Queen once more.

Touch the sky Mictecath because you are a sky full of stars. I will give you my heart tonight, because you are a sky.

Taoloth didn't normally chase, not often at least, and it always took Tahirah a bit off guard. She was not yet use to being able to fight against the lust. She had done her best to stay in her own weyr but as Taoloth took to the sky and was beginning to chase after Mictecath, Tahirah began to walk, the need to chase and catch driving the woman.

A Sky Full of Stars

-------------------------------
ShinosBee
Brother dearest!

Taoloth: A brown that is a bit more on the smaller and delicate side, there are many who underestimate Taoloth. Quick-witted and charming he enjoys flirting with male and females, as well as vying for control and wanting to be in control in most situations.
Positive Traits: Disciplined, Patient, Ernest;
Negative Traits: Controlling, Deceitful, Manipulative

Taoloth's Stats
Loving, Demonstrative or Affectionate: +10
Sociable, Witty, Charming, Humorous: +10
Family-Oriented: +15
Part of the Magic/Disney double Clutch: +15

Round 1: 26+10=36  

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
Avid_RPer18 generated a random number between 1 and 100 ... 45!

Avid_RPer18

Loyal Loiterer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:13 pm
Bronze Alarasith
User Image

Alarasith crooned in return to her greeting. 'There isn't a soul, dragonhealer or otherwise, in this Weyr that could keep me from the sky today, dearest hearts, of that you can be certain.' The threadscore injuries to his leg had more or less fully freshly knitted themselves into the scars that he'd carry for the rest life, as with the limp that he had also acquired that day. It had been tough going, dealing with the healing process, but visits from the caring young queen did well to make his recovery all the more bearable. It was time spent that he had truly grown to cherish. Mictecath's mirth and the brief brush she gave him as she passed delighted him. No matter how things went today, the day was going to be a great one.

Once she had addressed everyone who had gathered, the time came to take to the wing! Mic leapt and shot heavenward and Alarasith followed suit! The twinge of pain from springing from the ground carried no candle to the elation he felt to chase the songful gold twirling up and away into the dawning light of the new day.

Fe'ryn keenly felt the rush of the wind that his bondmate sailed through in his ascent, the rhythmic beat of his wings carrying him aloft. Being on the move felt good, though he wasn't wandering aimlessly. He did have a destination in mind. The rider took whatever stairs he came across two or three at a time with bounding steps, fluidly flowing and weaving around those walking along the paths and ramps, awash in the impassioned exhilaration flowing from Alarasith and the rising queen alike. His partner sailed through the air and the sensation carried him onward towards finding Nyaranau's weyrledge.

The bronze twisted, bugling, as he flew, arcing after Mictecath towards the rising sun with a warm laugh. 'Your caresses lifts me higher, like a sweet song of a choir. And I'll light this morning sky with burning love!'

[Burning Love - Elvis Presley]

Round 1: 45 + 15 = 60

Total: 60

.:Alarasith's Stats:.

Sociable, witty, charming: +10
Protective, keen Thread-fighter: +10
Is Alarasith: +10

Total: 100 (boy, hwhat)

Derg: A mini bronze, Alarasith is a bit of a fuddy-duddy. He maintains gentlemanly airs, valuing tidiness, open, diplomatic communication, and decorum. He longs to be father and loves spending time around kids, human or draconic. He'll gladly help teach, fuss over, protect, and babysit/watch over creche kids, candidates, or younger weyrlings if given the chance to do so. He tends to take things at face value and holds grudges or ill moods about as well as a sieve does. He doesn't pay much mind to color politics, perfectly comfortable catching or being caught by any other color, chromatic or metallic, should he fail to catch a rising green or gold. If he has to pull color rank due to a fight or during threadfall, Alarasith makes a point to seek out the ones he had to do so with to discuss and possibly apologize if he feels the need to do so. He doesn't view his threadfighting as heroism, just a duty that he happily, readily performs. He must make safe HR and the people therein, regardless of injury or come what may.

Positive: Paternal, gentlemanly, buoyant, sincere
Negative: Passive/unambitious, overly trusting, fussy

Rider: Fe'ryn, an ex-woodcrafter/thatcher before being searched, is a hardworking man that tries to take steps to try to avoid finding himself lacking, be it in understanding or for the simple day-to-day emergencies of needing a small bandage, writing implement, a piece of paper, etc. Nary will anything he carries with him or wears be out of place. He's an empathetic fellow, which can exacerbate his moodiness and impulsivity. He tries to keep folks at arm's length to keep the worst of this at bay.

Pos: Dutiful, empathetic, prepared, neat
Neg: Impulsive, moody, fidgety, guarded

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:11 pm
Irath entrance was a flare of trumpeting noises as the small brown join the others, plain looking but cheerfully and focused, eyes whirling purple. The sounds of violin strings curled in his mind as J'in back in their weyr pulled the first few chords of music for the flight. He chirred along with them, settling in with the others.

'Oh, apologies for the late entrance, bright one.'
He called, cheerful as he stretched out, wings unfurling as he jumped to the sky, following the call and the wild thrum of notes. 'Touch the sky, be free and know I will protect you, I will be your body guard, and if you should falter I'll be their keeping you company.' He sang back to Mictecath, giving a gleeful loud call into the sky.

Brown Irath and J'in

User Image

=75

Roll=37
Song Bromance  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Shaddaling generated a random number between 1 and 75 ... 37!

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:12 pm
roll here for Irath  
[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items