CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:17 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Dranor
Alfitaria Adventurer (Paladin)

Eldin
Alfitaria Adventurer (Blue Mage)
"Blue Magic comes in all shapes and sizes."

Aedelyn
Alfitaria Adventurer (Blue Battlewizard)

Drenden
Alfitaria Adventurer (Ranger)

[Player's Room]

[Player's Home, Player's Room]
*Question: Original Nicktoons 1 - Christmas Specials*
Guild Owner: To answer your first question, Yes, I have.
Rugrats did a 2 Part Episode called "The Santa Experience". Complete with Christmas Opening even though it was 30 Minutes Long. In this Episode, Chuckie was scared of Santa while Angelica tried to right an Wrong that she has done regarding Phil & Lil's Toys. The Second Print of that Video had a Bonus Episode called "The Blizzard", where the Rugrats Babies discovered the South Pole.
As for Ren & Stimpy, the Christmas VHS Special, "Have Yourself a Stinky Little Christmas", featured a Waiting for Santa short which was funny and was exlcusivie to VHS between the Music Videos from Ren & Stimpy Christmas Songs Soundtrack along with Son of Stimpy which was the episode included. The reason why the Waiting for Santa short is because Stimpy wanted to see Santa Claus come to Ren & Stimpy's house. Sadly, it did not get added as a bonus clip on DVD.

*Nickelodeon Time Capsule*
Guild Owner: To answer the Second Question. They do in 1992. Its a long story though and I know everyone wants to hear it...
In Spring of 1992, 2 Years after Nickelodeon Studios opening in Universal Flordia, a Ceremony was held in front of Sound Stages 17 & 18 where both Double Dare and GUTS were filmed which was the burial of the Nickelodeon Time Capsule. The Ceremony was hosed by Mike O'Malley, Host of GUTS/Global Guts & Get The Picture.
The Capsule contained items that was very important to Children of the 1990s. Those Items were...
Bubble gum,
a skateboard,
a comic book,
a phone book,
VHS tapes of Home Alone and Back to the Future,
assorted photographs of bicycles, trains, cars, politicians, and celebrities,
a piece of the Berlin Wall,
the Orlando, Florida TV Guide from the week of April 30, 1992,
a baseball,
a Barbie Doll,
a Nintendo Game Boy,
a Nicktoons T-shirt,
Michael Jackson CDs,
Twinkies,
an issue of Nickelodeon Magazine,
Rollerblades,
a can of Nickelodeon Slime & Gak,
Reebok Pump sneakers,
a copy of the Book of Endangered Special
and a Video Camera containing footage of the Event.
The Capsule is Still around & buried as of current since it will not be opened until 2042 at the Nickelodeon Studios...
But Time Capsule Burial Locations are Subject to change indeed.

Drenden asked Nilima What does that mean, Nilima? The Narrator saying "Time Capsule Burial Locations are subject to change..."

Cygnus_Pisces

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:26 am
User ImageUser Image
User ImageUser Image

Nilima had no idea. "What does that last thing mean?"

User ImageUser Image
User ImageUser Image

(( the color-codes;
"Aulona"
"Sirpa"
"Ariane"
"Nilima"
))

AnimusHelixRebirth

Cygnus_Pisces

Crew

Eternal Moonwalker

37,440 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bookworm 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:41 am
Dranor

Eldin

Aedelyn

Drenden

[Player's Room]

BGM: Pro Pinball Timeshock - Attract Mode

*Nickelodeon Time Capsule*
Guild Owner: When Nickelodeon Studios closed in 2005, the Nickelodeon Time Capsule was moved to the Nickelodeon Family Suites that same year which was reburied until the Nickelodeon Family Suites closed in 2016. Afterwards, it was moved again to California where it was reburied again in the Courtyard of the Nickelodeon Animation Studio, where it remains buried as of current and there's only 21 Years Remaining until the Big Day arrives where the Nickelodeon Time Capsule is Finally and at Long Last, Opened.
That is of course, unless its moved & reburied again.

Aedelyn said to Sirpa How did he get into a Nickelodeon Fandom? Did he have any dreams that's related to one of those Nickelodeon Children's Games from the 1980s & 1990s?

Cygnus_Pisces

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:36 am
User ImageUser Image
User ImageUser Image

"How did you get into the fandom? Any dreams related to that?" Sirpa asked.

User ImageUser Image
User ImageUser Image

(( the color-codes;
"Aulona"
"Sirpa"
"Ariane"
"Nilima"
))

AnimusHelixRebirth

Cygnus_Pisces

Crew

Eternal Moonwalker

37,440 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bookworm 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:16 am
Dranor

Eldin

Aedelyn

Drenden

[Player's Room]

BGM: Gate of Your Dream (NiGHTS Into Dreams)

Guild Owner: You mean besides looking at some Nickelodeon Children's Games fandom stories on DeviantArt & watching the Elvis Day Episode of Double Dare on YouTube? I've been a fan of Nickelodeon Children's Games as child, reliving childhoods, and something of that sort.
Well, there's this one dream, where I was reborn as a 10 year old while retaining my knowledge as an Adult. In that dream, it was one of those Nickelodeon Dreams where my 10 year old self was to appear on an Episode Double Dare's 1988 Fox Syndication Version, which was part of the Marc Summers Era, at the Nickelodeon Studios.
The Problem is in that during that Dream, I had to be in Orlando for 3 Months on Stand By as I could appear at a moment's notice.
So in that Dream, I was going to be on an Episode of Double Dare and just when they were about to Film the Double Dare Obstacle Course after myself and a teammate won the game on the Blue Team, it was canceled and the Dream ended with them doing Fox Family Double Dare 1988 instead.
So in the Dream, an episode of Double Dare that I was slated to appear during the Dream got canceled which means I was unable to make it in the Dream as I felt disappointed when I missed an opportunity to be on Double Dare which is where the Dream ended after I woke up.
So, the reason why I added these Games into the RP Guild's OOC, I wanted to do something enjoyable, to see others Relive Childhoods and something I couldn't do when I was Dreaming one night.

Since I never got to be on Double Dare in a Dream, I decided to recreate by getting into a Nickelodeon Children's Game Fandom & that's what I set out to do. A nice OOC Side Project to pass the time when waiting.
Then I started looking at other Children's Games that I grew up with not just Double Dare alone since it has a Messy Trivia Theme, such as...
What Would You Do, being a Candid Camera Theme
Finders Keepers, being a Hidden Object Theme
Nick Arcade, being a Video Game Theme
Wild & Crazy Kids, being a Stunt Theme that's Just for Fun
Guts & Global Guts, being a Sports Theme
Legends of the Hidden Temple, being an Adventure Theme
Figure It Out, being a Hidden Talent Theme
You're On, being another Candid Camera Theme
Get The Picture, being a Hidden Picture Theme
Make The Grade, being a School Theme
All-Star Challenge, being a Tournament Theme which combines Sports (Guts), Adventure (Legends of the Hidden Temple), Messy Trivia (Double Dare), Candid Camera (What Would You Do) & Stunt (Wild & Crazy Kids) into one Sound Stage.
Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego, being a World Adventure Theme with a Detective Agency Set with Tourist and World Map Sets
Where in Time is Carmen Sandiego, being a Time Travel Adventure Theme, with a Time Machine complete with Time-Space Set
Think Fast, being a General Knowledge Theme similar to Double Dare
and more

And its not just Children's Games on Television, there's also Teenage to Young Adult Television Games too such as...
Supermarket Sweep
Shop Til You Drop
Jeopardy
Wheel of Fortune
and more

Adelyen said to Sirpa Wasn't there a Double Dare Game before Nickelodeon made the Double Dare, that we all know and love since 1986 to Current?

Cygnus_Pisces

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:21 am
User ImageUser Image
User ImageUser Image

Sirpa had no idea. "Was there another double dare before Nickelodeon?"

User ImageUser Image
User ImageUser Image

(( the color-codes;
"Aulona"
"Sirpa"
"Ariane"
"Nilima"
))

AnimusHelixRebirth

Cygnus_Pisces

Crew

Eternal Moonwalker

37,440 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bookworm 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:15 am
Dranor

Eldin

Aedelyn

Drenden

[Player's Room]

BGM: Player Select & Select Screen (Battle Chip Challenge)

Guild Owner: Yes, there was. Double Dare 1976. Nickelodeon or The Pinwheel Channel didn't exist yet & the Double Dare we all know and love would NOT happen 10 years later until 1986. This was also 3 years BEFORE Nickelodeon was launched in 1979 & one year BEFORE the Pinwheel Channel was launched in 1977. So I might as well, talk about it right now.

*Double Dare 1976's Trebek Era: Set Layouts*
The Guild Owner plays the Clip on his computer...
Announcer: Take a Risk! Take a Chance! Take a Dare!
Play the Game of Double Dare!

Guild Owner: The Trebek Era of Double Dare is VERY DIFFERENT than the Double Dare we come to know and love that we all grew up with as the Trebek Era of Double Dare premiered in Christmas 1976. During 1976, children growing up in the late 1970s had Hanna Barbera Cartoons to watch.
Double Dare 1976's Host was the Late Alex Trebek, who was best known for Hosting Jeopardy who is a Legend.
These Teenage and Young Adult Television Games had Different Themes throughout the Decades.
The 1970s had a Lounge Theme.
The 1980s had Bright Colors that's attractive.
The 1990s had sets that were Home Based or a set that's close to Home.
The 2000s had sets with a Metallic Bars that look all Powered Up such as "Who Wants to be a Millionaire" as an example.
Double Dare 1976 used Podiums that are soundproof booths akin to 21 shown in 1950s.

User Image
*Double Dare 1976's Trebek Era: Round 1 Gameplay*
Guild Owner: The Game is played with 2 People in separate isolation soundproof podium booths where they are sealed off by closed doors.
Other than that, Round 1's Gameplay is simple. The Host shows the name of a Person, Place or Thing, but it can also be People, Places or Things, if there's more than one subject, to the Home Audience who are watching the show at home. I'll give you an example...

Example Double Dare 1976 Answer:
Mega Man Battle Network

Guild Owner: The example that I gave is a Title.
After that, the Host would read 7 Clues about that Person, Place or Thing. The Difficulty of the Clues are inverted as they start Hard but grow Easier with each Clue. Like this...

Example Double Dare 1976 Clue 1-7:
This Incarnation of Capcom's Iconic Series is set an alternate interpretation of the Internet...

Example Double Dare 1976 Clue 2-7:
A Game Boy Advance Action RPG in 2001 where the player controls two characters. One in the Real World and One in the Internet World...

Example Double Dare 1976 Clue 3-7:
A 2009 Version was ported to the Nintendo DS and released only in Japan...

Example Double Dare 1976 Clue 4-7:
You can Log Out or Log In the Internet World using the R Button while the L Button give the Player Hints if that Player is on the Wrong Track...

Guild Owner: The Clues are almost like reading a Britannica Page in a way. The Scoring in this Round are worth $350 & here's why in a moment...
If a player knows the answer, that player can ring in and seal off his or her opponent to make a guess. If answered Correctly, that player earns $50 to his or her score. But if that player is wrong, that player is locked out for one clue allowing the other player a free guess called a "Penalty Clue". If that other player is wrong, then its no big deal.
After guesses correctly, that Player gets the option to Dare his or her opponent to answer the next clue. If the Dared Opponent guesses Correctly, that opponent gets $50 & a new set of clues for another subject would be shown. If not, then the Darer gets $100 and the option to Double Dare his or her opponent with one more clue.
They don't have to Dare the opponent if they wanted.
Double Dare Clues are worth $100 to the dared opponent and $200 to the Darer.
So Round 1 is a race to the $500 mark as the First Player to do so, is Crowned Champion and advances to the Bonus Round.

Cygnus_Pisces

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:47 pm
User ImageUser Image
User ImageUser Image

The confused girls stayed quiet.

User ImageUser Image
User ImageUser Image

(( the color-codes;
"Aulona"
"Sirpa"
"Ariane"
"Nilima"
))

AnimusHelixRebirth

Cygnus_Pisces

Crew

Eternal Moonwalker

37,440 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bookworm 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:22 pm
Dranor

Eldin

Aedelyn

Drenden

[Player's Room]

User Image
*Double Dare 1976's Trebek Era: Round 2 Gameplay*
Guild Owner: Now then, the Bonus Round being Round 2 has the Champion face off against the "Spoilers". The "Spoilers" are a Panel of 3 People who play a part in the Bonus Round. In the Television show, they each hold a PHD Degree. So getting past these Panelists is difficult.
In this Round, the Champion is given the Answer to a Person, Place or Thing on the Bonus Board and behind 8 Spaces are 8 Clues. However, there's no way of telling which of the 8 Clues are Easy or Hard as it all depends on the Champion Player's decision. The Champion Player's task is to give 4 of them to the Spoilers without them guessing the correct answer. The have the option of Passing if the Champion thinks the Clue isn't to his or her liking but this can be done 4 times, afterwards, the remaining clues would be handed out.
If a Spoiler guesses the answer correctly anytime during the Bonus Round, that Spoiler gets $100 and is removed from the Round.
Every time the Champion Player gets a Clue past a Spoiler, that Champion Player gets $100 and if the Champion Player manages to get all 4 Clues past the Spoilers with at least one Spoiler remaining, that Champion Player's Bonus Score is increased to $5,000 automatically otherwise the Bonus Round ends with the Champion Player's Current Bonus Score if all 3 Spoilers get the answer correct.
And its back to Round 1 with a new player for the Champion to face off against.

*Double Dare 1976's Trebek Era: Life after Life*
Guild Owner: Double Dare 1976's Trebek Era lasted from Christmas 1976 to Spring 1977. Double Dare 1976 had replaced Gambit but Gambit was overshadowed by Wheel of Fortune on NBC. CBS tried to save the Double Dare 1976's Trebek Era by changing their schedule with Sanford & Son Reruns but it didn't work out well. As a Result, Double Dare's 1976 Trebek Era ended. Also in that same year, 1977, the Pinwheel Channel launched.
However, the Sound Effects were recycled for other shows such as Joker's Wild & The Price is Right. While its Theme Music was recycled for Card Sharks. The Composer for that Show's Theme also wrote the Main Theme for Nickelodeon's Double Dare in 1986.

Cygnus_Pisces

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 5:02 pm
User ImageUser Image
User ImageUser Image

The girls just stayed quiet while listening.

User ImageUser Image
User ImageUser Image

(( the color-codes;
"Aulona"
"Sirpa"
"Ariane"
"Nilima"
))

AnimusHelixRebirth

Cygnus_Pisces

Crew

Eternal Moonwalker

37,440 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bookworm 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:06 pm
Dranor

Eldin

Aedelyn

Drenden

[Player's Room]

The Guild Owner then shows a Pinball Machine that's turned off.
Guild Owner: And I couldn't end the tour without showing you a really good PlayStation Game. This is the TimeShock Pro Pinball Cabinet. Ariane, there's a Power Button in the back that will turn on the Cabinet. Give it press to turn it on & I'll do the rest.

TimeShock? 1997, Interplay? What is this game is about? Eldin asked as he never saw an Arcade Cabinet before.

Guild Owner: Its an Arcade Pinball Game, but I have the Instruction Manual for the game. Pages 3 & 4 has the story.

Drenden reads Pages 3 & 4 of the Operators Manual. So, in this So-Called Arcade Game, TimeShock Pinball, a Time Traveling Scientist is lost in time after the Time Crystal shattered causing this TimeShock and the Goal is to Reassemble the Crystal by visiting different Eras throughout Time, bring it to the Beginning of Time & rescue the scientist?

Guild Owner: Yeah. I'm a Good at Arcade Games which includes Pinball. But besides the a Pinball Game's Story, the whole idea of Pinball is to try to score as many points as you can so you can make the High Score.
Pro Pinball has 4 Cabinets... The Web, TimeShock, Big Race USA and Fantastic Journey.
Big Race USA came out for DOS as late as 1999, 2 years after the DOS Computers Era ended.

Dranor then looked at a Painting in the Guild Owner's bedroom.
Ariane, what's the painting that the Narrator has for? Is that also from a Children's Game that he grew up watching too? The panting is of a Large Metallic Grey & Navy UFO Time Machine surrounded by rings which only appeared on a Children's Public Access Television Game from the Mid to Late 1990s on PBS Stations. The plaque on the Paining says: "ACME TimeNet: Chronoskimmer"
User Image

Cygnus_Pisces

Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:32 am
User ImageUser Image
User ImageUser Image

"What's that painting?" Ariane asked.

User ImageUser Image
User ImageUser Image

(( the color-codes;
"Aulona"
"Sirpa"
"Ariane"
"Nilima"
))

AnimusHelixRebirth

Cygnus_Pisces

Crew

Eternal Moonwalker

37,440 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bookworm 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:54 am
Dranor

Eldin

Aedelyn

Drenden

[Player's Room]

The TimeShock Cabinet is turned on and the Game boots up. The Interplay, Empire, Cunning Developments and Pro Pinball Logos are shown then the Quick Start Menu: Options & Game.
The Guild Owner selects "Game" and the Cabinet's Attract Mode is shown:
An explosion animation with 4 Crystals caught in a vortex revealing the TimeShock logo.

Guild Owner: That's a Painting of a Time Ship used on a Children's Game from 1996 to 1998 for PBS Stations.
The Time Ship belongs to ACME TimeNet and its called the Chronoskimmer.
The Guild Owner presses the Coin Return slot to add 4 Continues, then presses Start.

TimeShock Pinball World 1: The Present
Ball 1
Cabinet: Welcome...

*Carmen Sandiego Children Games
The Guild Owner plays the pinball game. Guild Owner: TimeShock Pinball has a the Highest Score that's Very Difficult to beat... 10,594,097,870 Points. Locks Ball 1-3. Guild Owner: Okay... These 2 Children Games on PBS are also Adventure & Trivia Themed, one World and one Time Travel... Locks Ball 2-3

Guild Owner: The story for these 2 Children's Games involve a woman who is a former Master Detective that's now the head of Major Crime Syndicate...

Guild Owner: And no, I do not mean Cerberus, which would not exist until Mass Effect in 2007. She and her lackeys cause all sorts of havoc around the world & across time by stealing objects & ideas. The Goal of these 2 Children Games are easier said than done... Capture Her.
So who is she? Everyone growing up from 1991 to 1998 reconize her from her Red Fedora and Red Trenchcoat as Carmen Sandiego.
So this concept all began with a Questionnaire conducted by Nation Geographic World. By that time, 1 out of 4 people in the United States could not find the Pacific Ocean even when they looked at a map. The Largest Ocean and 1 out of 4 could not find it. As a result, something had to be done about this problem. PBS Stations launched an Educational Children's Show about this matter which became one of the Best Children's Games in 1991...
"Where In The World is Carmen Sandiego."

*WitWiCS: Case Summery*
Guild Owner: The Theme Song is sung by Rockapella. First, we're introduced 3 Players as ACME Detectives. Next, the Chief of ACME CrimeNet fills us in on the Mystery, which is various from show to show. ACME CrimeNet is the Detective Agency for that Children's Show. Also, in each Episode, the Objects and Ideas that were being stolen on the show are really silly. For example...
Wonder Rat ripping out the pages of Fairy Tale Storybooks in his sleep
Eartha Brute pulling out the entire Empire State Building,
Vic the Slick covering up an entire Mexican Pyramid with honey using a swarm of bees to lift the whole monument from its foundations
Contessa lifting an entire mountain using a blimp,
RoboCrook plugging up the Old Faithful Geyser,
Double Trouble grabbing Humpback Whales with a Submarine,
Patty Larceny mirroring the Rainbows of the Iguazu Falls into a tin can,
Since this show teaches Geography, this was 1991. These animations are also really funny to watch too which brings a charm.
During this, only the General Information is shown. After that, the Episode's Title is shown.
Afterwards, we meet the Host of the Show who is the Senior Detective in charge of Training Trainees, Greg Lee.

*WitWiCS Round 1 Gameplay: Various Question Skits Part 1-2*
User Image
Guild Owner: The Grand Prize of that show Really good & in a fandom sense, even better. The Game begins with each player stating with 50 Points each known as ACME CrimeBucks. For Rounds 1 & 2, each Question or Clue is presented in the form of a Comedy Sketch Skit relating to the Episode. These Sketches look like something a person would see on All That or Saturday Night Live but with a Coat of Educational Entertainment or Edutainment.
However, in this Children's Game, these Comedy Sketches have something to do with the Lackey's Current Location with the Stolen Loot in hand. Throughout this game, the story of the episode is on the move with the Detectives slowly closing in on Carmen Sandiego & her Lackey which makes the Questions Educational... Here's an example of one of those said Comedy Sketches as seen on the actual show.
As its time once again for... ACME MAN!!!

*Example: ACME Man Skit*
Theme Lyrics:
Look Out! Look Out! Ow!
ACME MAN!
ACME MAN!
If he can do it maybe anyone can!

[Game Store]
ACME Man: Not so fast, my friend! You seem to have trouble with a Poster. Allow me, ACME Man to assist you while I give a clue to my friends at ACME! ACME Man transmits the Clue...
"Look for Dr. Proton in a State that's home to the First Headquarters of the Children of the World located in a Major Movie Studio Theme Park.
The Foundation lasted from 1990 to 2005 and it was the First Resting Place of a Time Capsule containing objects important to children growing up in the Early 1990s.
Various Children's Shows & Sitcoms are taped there as its also home to Cartoon Characters such as Ren & Stimpy, Rugrats, Real Monsters, Doug, and Rocko's Modern Life..."
ACME Man gives the open poser back.
ACME Man: There you go. Thanks to my superpowers, your new poster will look really nice.
Are you not impressed, of course you are.
Am I not the greatest superhero of all time, of course I am.
For I am ACME Man and I am going away!
ACME Man dashes off.

Theme Lyrics:
ACME MAN!

Guild Owner: Okay. "Now name the State if you will. Is it..
Florida,
Georgia
or Maryland.
Remember the Clues we just heard.
Home of Ren & Stimpy, Rugrats, Real Monsters, Doug, and Rocko's Modern Life.
First Resting Place of a Time Capsule in the Early 1990s
and First Headquarters of the Children of the World located in a Major Movie Studio Theme Park."
Okay, so here's what happened. First 3 Possible Answers are shown then all the Clues from the Comedy Sketch were recited that was just preformed. Those who watched the show in 1991 who payed attention could answer correctly from the clues provided by the Comedy Sketch that was preformed.
After a few Comedy Sketches in Round 1, the Lightning Round would be played which is signaled by a Lightning Effect. Oh and these Sketches were worth 10 Points for the players who answer correctly.
The Questions asked in this Lightning Round has something to do with the Lackey's Last Known Location. The Player who rings in with a correct answer is awarded 5 Points.
The remaining Sketches would be played by Round 2. But first an Intermission would be shown where Greg is called to the Chief's Office for Contest Comedy Sketch where they announce the Winners of the Home Player Game in which 5 Lucky Winners get a Carmen Sandiego T-Shirt.

Aedelyn said to Sirpa. So are all these Comedy Sketch Skits like this in this so called Carmen Sandiego Children's Games on PBS?

Cygnus_Pisces

Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:42 pm
User ImageUser Image
User ImageUser Image

"Are all these sketches like this?" Sirpa asked.

User ImageUser Image
User ImageUser Image

(( the color-codes;
"Aulona"
"Sirpa"
"Ariane"
"Nilima"
))

AnimusHelixRebirth

Cygnus_Pisces

Crew

Eternal Moonwalker

37,440 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bookworm 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 4:17 pm
Dranor

Eldin

Aedelyn

Drenden

[Player's Room]

User Image
*WitWiCS Round 2 Gameplay: Various Question Skits Part 2-2*
Guild Owner: I guess you can say something that when you put it simply.
Another Intermission was played after the Contest Comedy Sketch, even though it was introduced later in the series.
The Second Intermission before Round 2 is the Trash Can Training which has the players hunt for clues to find Carmen's Lackey and as it states in the actual show, "What better way to find clues is inside a trash can." First the player takes the lid off the Trash Can then empties it out until they find an index card with a flag on one side and a clue on the other, the put the lid back on the Trash Can.
After that, we hear what the clue says on the back of the index card flag that each player has found. Next the host asks the question about what place the flag is referring to along 3 possible answers, the players who answer correctly are awarded 10 ACME CrimeBucks.
The Remaining 2-3 Comedy Sketch Types are the same in later episodes. First is a Wiretap conversation between Carmen and her Lackey. Carmen's Lackeys change from show to show as one of them is used for taping leading to another Question to be asked.
Second is The Chase which is another Lightning Round at this point which are worth 5 ACME CrimeBucks should a player answer correctly after ringing in. A Question would be read requiring the players to ring in with a correct answer. However, only the First Ring In is accepted because after that, the answer is revealed and the lackey would move to the next location.
The Last Comedy Sketch which also acts as the Final Clue has the 3 Players make a decision on how much they want to wager their current score. In Jeopardy Style, a correct answer added that wagered score while an incorrect answer deducts that wagered score.
Players can wager nothing, 10, 20, 30, 40 or 50 Points in the actual show, but in a fandom sense, it could be any or all points.
The players are shown 3 possible answers on a map. Should a player know the answer, they could risk a lot or if a player doesn't know, a player may not risk as much. Which sounds really familiar being akin to the Final Jeopardy Round on Jeopardy.

User Image
*WitWiCS Round 3 Gameplay: Tourist Location*
Guild Owner: After Round 2 is over, the Third Place player is eliminated from gameplay at this point, receiving his or her consolation prizes. Leaving the 2 remaining players with the Highest Scores to face off against each other. At this point, this is where the game leaves the Detective Office set and moves to a Tourist Destination Set which has the location of the last known sighting of Carmen's Lackey. Round 3 is a variation on Memory with 15 Locations on a Memory Board. The Education Material has some information on some of the locations. Then the players go back and fourth to find the Stolen Object, Warrant & Carmen's Lackey.
However, the 3 spaces need to be found IN THAT ORDER, Starting with the Stolen Object, then Warrant & Carmen's Lackey last. Which is what everyone needs to keep in mind, meaning one player could do all the work for the other player. The First Player to do so, captures Carmen's Lackey and sends that Lackey to the Slammer by pulling on the handle, which also determines which player becomes Champion and goes after Carmen Sandiego in the Bonus Round.

User Image
*WitWiCS Round 4 Gameplay: World Map*
Guild Owner: The Grand Prize on the television show is really good as the Champion is given a portfolio to write down any destination in the United States should he or she Capture Carmen Sandiego. In a fandom sense, it would be Even Better as it would be anywhere in the World. After that, the Second Place player would be given his or her Consolation Prizes.
Continuing the Game's Episode, the captured Lackey in the would call the player directly & reveal on what continent Carmen Sandiego is hiding. The Chief of ACME CrimeNet would call off several countries and the Champion player is taken to a large map.
The goal of the Bonus Round is simple, in a fandom sense, the Bonus Round would start after the Host calls out the First Location where Carmen is hiding, the Champion Player must then, place a capture marker on the correct location as the player must tag 7 to 8 Correct Locations to Capture Carmen Sandiego. In the television show, the Africa Map is considered the Hardest of the Bonus Round, winning on the Africa Map is a Rare Occurrence which happened once or twice as that could change in a fandom sense. And after that was all said and done, only one thing remained...
"DO IT, ROCAPELLA!!!" Which plays the Theme Song to the Show.
Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego is an Educational and Entertaining Children's Game on PBS Stations, lasting for 5 Seasons from 1991 to 1996.
After the show finished airing, PBS saw potential for this Children's Game along with a similar problem with History.

*WitTiCS Sequel*
Guild Owner: After the show finished airing in 1996, PBS saw potential for this Children's Game along with a similar problem with History via Britannica just as Nation Geographic World saw with Geography. But no mater what the case was for that matter, Carmen Sandiego stepped up her Crime Syndicate operations from not only stealing Objects & Ideas from the World but ALSO throughout History as well. The End Result of that was another Children's Game on PBS Stations, "Where in Time is Carmen Sandiego" which premiered in Fall 1996 with the Chief of ACME TimeNet and the Host of this show played the role as the ACME TimeNet Squadron Commander and as the show states, "A Very Big Mission but Very Little Time."
The Structure of this Sequel Children's Game remains unchanged for the most part as we are introduced to 3 Players as Time Pilots while they enter a Time Machine Set as they pick up clues to the Lackey's Location throughout Time & Place.
Unlike the Detective Office, Tourist Location and World Map Sets in Where in the World, the Main Gameplay of Where in Time is set onboard a Time Machine Spaceship called the "Chronoskimmer".
As gameplay begins, each Player starts 100 Power Points.
More on that in a moment.

Eldin whispered. So what Comedy Sketch Skits in this Carmen Sandiego Sequel Children's Game on PBS are like?

Cygnus_Pisces

Quote:

OOC PSAs, Games and Specials

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas