Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Forum
Ideas to Grow Our Guild! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have some poll plat!
  mmm.....free platinum
  thanks!
View Results

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 7:58 am
I also just thought about that the conventions pages need to have threads updated too.

Ennichi and I are West coast cosplayers, but since I've moved do we want to make another Forum for Mountain/Great Basin Cons or do we want to count them as a West coast con?

The states that make up Mountain/Great Basin include Idaho, Montana, Utah, New Mexico, Arizona, Wyoming, Colorado. Besides Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming, most of the other states have a decent large cosplay scenes.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2023 5:33 am
angelmage99
I also just thought about that the conventions pages need to have threads updated too.

Ennichi and I are West coast cosplayers, but since I've moved do we want to make another Forum for Mountain/Great Basin Cons or do we want to count them as a West coast con?

The states that make up Mountain/Great Basin include Idaho, Montana, Utah, New Mexico, Arizona, Wyoming, Colorado. Besides Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming, most of the other states have a decent large cosplay scenes.

I think updating the conventions pages is a good idea.

While I haven’t been up to speed yet with the Canadian Conventions page, I had started on doing an official sticker thread of each convention mentioned in there and then deleting or archiving the old thread. You can see how I had set things up in the current sticky threads. I have yet to finish doing so for all conventions mentioned. XD;;

Also, I quoted any person who has made an original old thread and who has posted in those threads as the first post after setting up the con info posts. That way, if those Gaians are still around, they should get a notification of the new thread.

KayaLing

Vice Captain

Interesting Gaian

13,540 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Angelic Alliance 100

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2023 7:29 am
KayaLing
angelmage99

While I haven’t been up to speed yet with the Canadian Conventions page, I had started on doing an official sticker thread of each convention mentioned in there and then deleting or archiving the old thread. You can see how I had set things up in the current sticky threads. I have yet to finish doing so for all conventions mentioned. XD;;

Also, I quoted any person who has made an original old thread and who has posted in those threads as the first post after setting up the con info posts. That way, if those Gaians are still around, they should get a notification of the new thread.

Since moving I've been meaning to put in my new circuit in, but you reminded me with your recent post. Thanks for that.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:26 pm
angelmage99

Being one of the largest parts of the Guild the Convention Sub Forums need a lot of work and updated. Unfortunately, I found out years ago that Sub Forums themselves can't be deleted. If we combine two convention Sub Forums together the empty one can be used for something else. If it works out that adding a new Sub Forum is needed please let me know and I can start a new one.  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:28 pm
Current USA Convention Sub Forums List

.: Northeast :.
-Maine
-Vermont
-New Hampshire
-Massachusetts
-Connecticut
-Rhode Island
-New York
-Pennsylvania
-New Jersey
-Delaware
-Maryland/DC

.: Southern :.
-Virginia
-West Virginia
-North Carolina
-South Carolina
-Georgia
-Florida
-Alabama
-Louisiana
-Mississippi
-Arkansas
-Texas
-New Mexico
-Arizona
-Tennessee
-Oklahoma

.: MidWest :.
-Ohio
-Michigan
-Kentucky
-Illinois
-Indiana
-Missouri
-Iowa
-Minnesota
-North Dakota
-South Dakota
-Montana
-Idaho
-Wyoming
-Colorado
-Utah
-Nebraska
-Kansas
-Wisconsin

.: West Coast :.
-Oregon
-Washington
-California
-Nevada
-Hawaii
-Alaska  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:39 pm
KayaLing
angelmage99

Hi Kaya!! Thanks for posting and your thoughts about the Guild. Make sure to send a message to our new Crew Member Ennichi_Jimetsu (Arisa) and say Hi. Feel free to update the Canadian Conventions Sub Forum since you know Canada best. If you feel that we need a second Sub Forum for Canada let me know. As both you and Ashleigh know the Mid West Conventions Sub Forum needs work too. As I get time I will work on that myself.  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:52 pm
angelmage99

I posted the general list of the USA Convention Sub Forums and what States are in each one. It looks like some of the MidWest states listed can be moved to the West Coast Sub Forum. Ashleigh if it looks like we need two Sub Forums for the Western States we can certainly start a second one that you have called the Mountain / Great Basin.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:10 pm
smithers456
angelmage99

Being one of the largest parts of the Guild the Convention Sub Forums need a lot of work and updated. Unfortunately, I found out years ago that Sub Forums themselves can't be deleted. If we combine two convention Sub Forums together the empty one can be used for something else. If it works out that adding a new Sub Forum is needed please let me know and I can start a new one.

For Subforums that merge, leaving one open, is it possible to at least give them unlimited name changes? If so, even if we don't have a new use for the extra one, we can just have them under a Reserved title till we do.  

Ennichi_Jimetsu
Crew

O.G. Gaian

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2023 12:11 am
Ennichi_Jimetsu
smithers456
angelmage99

For Subforums that merge, leaving one open, is it possible to at least give them unlimited name changes? If so, even if we don't have a new use for the extra one, we can just have them under a Reserved title till we do.

Current Sub Forums that already have a name and new ones can be named renamed as anything we want. Gaia Online won't let me have one blank so naming it Reserved or something else will work fine.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2023 8:21 am
smithers456
angelmage99

I posted the general list of the USA Convention Sub Forums and what States are in each one. It looks like some of the MidWest states listed can be moved to the West Coast Sub Forum. Ashleigh if it looks like we need two Sub Forums for the Western States we can certainly start a second one that you have called the Mountain / Great Basin.

Well I think we should at least which the Midwest cons into the West Cons. Idaho identifies as PNW (which is funny because people from Oregon and Washington wouldn't agree with it).

Maybe using the continental divide will be the judge for the West. That would take Utah, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, and Colorado to the West. It'll also help even out all the states a person would have to manage per forum.

Also maybe we should assign each crew/VC/Captain a forum to manage. I'll let the South and Northeast. I'm pretty good and doing research and everyone else can take a focus on their home region. I can have help with creating additional cons for the west.  

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200

Ennichi_Jimetsu
Crew

O.G. Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2023 7:19 pm
angelmage99
smithers456
angelmage99

Well I think we should at least which the Midwest cons into the West Cons. Idaho identifies as PNW (which is funny because people from Oregon and Washington wouldn't agree with it).

Maybe using the continental divide will be the judge for the West. That would take Utah, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, and Colorado to the West. It'll also help even out all the states a person would have to manage per forum.

Also maybe we should assign each crew/VC/Captain a forum to manage. I'll let the South and Northeast. I'm pretty good and doing research and everyone else can take a focus on their home region. I can have help with creating additional cons for the west.

i like the idea of designating a person per forum. I'm the most familiar with west coast cons, but can end up researching others too until we get more active crew members?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2023 12:54 am
angelmage99
smithers456
angelmage99

I like the continental divide idea. Angel you proved time and time again that you are an awesome researcher. Moving states from one Sub Forum to another will mean making sure that each thread moved gives credit to the author if needed. That's funny about Idaho. I hadn't given it any thought about it being part of the PNW. I've never been to PNW and would Love to go to Portland (Currently watching a TV show called Grimm that is about Grimm fairytails and creatures based on it. It's in Portland), Seattle, and Vancouver (Canada). The closest that I have been to the area was going to Yellowstone National Park which was awesome.  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2023 7:16 am
smithers456

I like the continental divide idea. Angel you proved time and time again that you are an awesome researcher. Moving states from one Sub Forum to another will mean making sure that each thread moved gives credit to the author if needed. That's funny about Idaho. I hadn't given it any thought about it being part of the PNW. I've never been to PNW and would Love to go to Portland (Currently watching a TV show called Grimm that is about Grimm fairytails and creatures based on it. It's in Portland), Seattle, and Vancouver (Canada). The closest that I have been to the area was going to Yellowstone National Park which was awesome.

Grimm is a good show. Though I'll have to say that the episodes clearly are not filmed near the Portland area.

Yellowstone is only two hours up from where I live.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 1:53 pm
Okay I have a question.

I'm in the process of creating threads for cons on the east coast. I'm only doing 10,000+ cons (for my sanity) for the moment, but my question is if I should place notes on concerning commentary that cons have previously made?

For Example:
Anime Oasis this year made a comment about restricting clothing to being related to Japanese themes only. Meaning western media was a no-no.

What do you guys think. I personally like to know when and what people have said about cons. I don't support bad behavior or policies. The commentary doesn't have to be all bad. On the flip side it could be something that con did to support another group or the community. I personally do make an effort to support groups and organizations that are positive.

Example:
Kuroneko Con this year unveiled a second mascot who is non-binary in support of the non-binary staff and visitors.

What do you guys think. Should I have a note option to help people deciding to go to a con?  

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
Convention Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash