Reply TEH GUIDE -----Get the difference? ----- Everyone's welcome :3
Inflation Guide (please CHECK THIS OUT) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LadyAnime

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:34 pm
you know what they should do...re-release the items 3nodding of course that would make it worthless xd but at least i could have my nitemare scarf *this one is a loan*  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:59 am
I would be really upset if they released the items again. Would give me nothing to work on, and the lil I have (things Im wearing are not all mine) would lose their value after I worked SO hard to get them.  

Letolas Reloaded
Vice Captain

Koalachan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:07 pm
if they mass released items it would crash most of gaia and not make it as fun. But having things like the wheel at the last convention where you could win a Halo wasnt a bad idea. That at least helps to combat the effect that nots all the original Halos are on gaia anymore for various reasons.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:26 pm
i think the best thing to do when u r selling and buying, is to do it in the exchange, genarally the prices there are cheaper 3nodding  

muzicfreek2005

Jeffrey665

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:41 pm
I want the Steel-plated Ninja band, But everyone else deos too. As long as this stays, prices will stay, if not rise. So, I've chosen to lay of for awhile for that perticular quest.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 4:01 am
Well explained, thankies. <3  

P-Nutty-2

EasyNameToReturn

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:23 am
smile  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:34 pm
any one know someone is trying to sell one credit for 1 milion gold and starter items for 100 and nice grey,and white shirts for about 600 gold when store price is 445 gold and vail unknowns are selling twice as much as last year but there not worty that much you cant do any thing with it but sell it  

the dark angel 9

the dark angel 9

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:35 pm
any one have items to sell and this post can find out somepeople who sell items at a high price  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:45 pm
The main issue with inflation on Gaia are the people. The next hot item comes out and they're quick to go buy it at whatever price is available in the market. In a way the market has become quite a burden in gaia inflation wise, however it does have some good points...at least for me I'm able to quickly collect the donation letters I want and store them away.

As a letter collector I like to hold on to them for a time, watch to see what items are hot and which are not. Those that tend to flunk I give away, perhaps to charities, perhaps at random or I sell them along with other flunked letters to get a minor deal but nothing majorly fancy as I don't generally like some of the themes that gaia is using (demon/angel). Though the mircophone was something interesting enough for me collect for myself as well.

Currently I'll be setting up a thread in the exchange to clear out my inventory of donation letters with those startin from 2003 til 2005. I'll be trading and allowing for bargins to be made to help questors and to somehow combat inflation though not just one person can do it. If the majority of us held off purchasing new items when they are released inflation would fall. People would realize they can't sell their items as quickly as before and drop the prices... at least I want to believe that. Then when the prices drop the majority that held off can swoop in to collect and swing away with quite the deals and bargins while others were pretty scathed in their need to get an item quickly.

It can get quite expensive purchasing donation letters through real money purchases so buying them in the marketplace helps. But what ever happened to the days when you could go in the marketplace and get a sealed envelop for just under 10k even lesser then that? Well with the new feature of opening the letters in the middle of the month. People are stupidly purchasing the donation letters through real money purchases to horde for when they "think" the prices will rise. Sadly they find out said product is a flunk and suddenly they have an inventory filled with donation letters they can't even hand out for free.

Instead of buying a horde of letters just purchase one for the month. See what it turns out to be, watch the inflation rise on it. Once the end of the month comes the price will settle a bit you'll know how popular an item is by how many people you see with the item on. Plus how much of that item (if it has more than one feature), is on them. Like the microphones i have, 3 of them on me currently. So I know the mics and gwee will be pretty popular for a little while. I do feel that gwee will settle in price faster than tha mics. At any rate I'm no major expert on inflation I just use the method I've learned from my 3 years on gaia and its worked nicely, I've made pretty good profits and helped plenty of questors get those unattainable 03 donation items. So I'm not too worried about inflation... unless they do relase the Halo's once more than I must aquire one.

Kuuro Kitten

8,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Duck_man

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:43 pm
The thing about inflation that everyone seems to miss is that it is inevitable and unstoppable as long as money continues to be made.
In Gaia, every single time you do anything you get gold. With more and more users, more and more gold is coming into the economy, which means prices will rise. Not neccacarily (I never could spell that word) because people are trying to jack up the prices maliciously, but simply because people have more money. Very little money is sucked out of the Gaia world now... it used to be whenever you wanted a common item, you had to buy it at the store. Now, however, you can get it in the marketplace for much cheaper than the store. Your gold is just travelling around the site, accumulating and not being sucked away by stores.
The sad fact is, as an economy, Gaia is completely unstable. The only way to stop inflation is to get rid of gold in the economy. So unless you start stealing gold or banning people, inflation will continue.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:48 am
im just hoping that things like that will be 'unpopular' and soon no one will want things like the OMG hat... probably not, but i can dream cant i?  

Curiously Morbid

Sparkly Fatcat

h e a r t l e s s

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:58 am
this inflation stuff is really annoying alot of people who just started joining. This may cause some users to even quit. Which may result in a decrease in demands for certain rare items. ITs all about how you play this game too. There are many ways to make gold and some people just want it to come easy. Now you may be questing a devil tail. Well you should expect that to take you a while to get. Alot of people go so frustrated and give up, but the longer the rare items are in the marketplace the higher they go. Now I havent seen any Dramatic drops in rare items but I have seen them drop a bit and then sky-rocket right back up or even higer than before. the only way to get these rare items is if people stop demanding for them, which is not going to happen because thats the whole thing gaia is about.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:18 am
exactley gaia is a on-demand website which, like you said may get people to quit because when people start they think it would be good and and after the find out what its about they see it might get boring for some people and quit  

-Lord Steele-

Mr Grombie

Lonely Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:58 pm
Link_b_92
exactley gaia is a on-demand website which, like you said may get people to quit because when people start they think it would be good and and after the find out what its about they see it might get boring for some people and quit
Its sad but it does tend to happen...I on the other hand get addicted to games. Ill play the game and even if it sucks ill still play it through (Except games that are that crappy)  
TEH GUIDE -----Get the difference? ----- Everyone's welcome :3

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff