Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Gaian Geezers Guild
Geezer Craft Corner Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you crafty like a fox?
Yes! I'm a sharpshooter with my glue gun!
55%
 55%  [ 39 ]
Ehn, I occasionally have glued myself to the carpet.
44%
 44%  [ 31 ]
Total Votes : 70

Lil-Jo
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 8:14 pm
I really have no talents, but both my kids can draw great.  
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 8:28 am
I can attach things to other things (sewing, Knitting, crochet, zines) but I can't draw any better than I did in 6th grade. And somehow my handwriting is about the same too...  

Umberella

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 9:04 pm
I dun have any talents ~ I just appreciate other people's work 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:18 am
I was thinking about all the things I have done for crafts...

The one thing I did but no longer do is wood working. I built small cut-out crafts to large bookshelves, futon frames, etc. I really wish there was a way to have a shop where I could do that again.

Do you remember when people made the boy and girl on a swing to hang from a tree or something and when the wind blew they looked like they were swinging? I make tons of them about 10 to 12 years ago... many different looking kids on swings...  

Lil-Jo
Crew

Alleira

Aged Citizen

8,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:29 pm
I can sew, and used to make a lot of clothes and also patchwork cushions and quilts (for myself and friends). I still have some unfinished patchwork projects around somewhere... My current ongoing project is redecorating my flat (it's likely to be ongoing for quite some time lol ).

Umberella, I also love those Grunny slippers, especially with the stripy stockings! xd  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:22 am
My mom is an artist so I grew up doing all sorts of fun stuff as a kid. After trying to teach 7th - 9th graders history (and, heaven forbid, trying to get them to think too), I took up pottery. It's cheaper than a therapist. So now I either throw clay on my wheel... or at the wall, depending on how things went at school that day... blaugh

I'm still computer illiterate but I'm learning how to get pictures posted. Eventually I hope to get a few pictures of my pieces in my Gaia journal. Please feel free to take a peek! Hope to have them in there in the next couple of days. biggrin  

Rhiannon2006

Lil-Jo
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:57 am
Rhiannon2006
My mom is an artist so I grew up doing all sorts of fun stuff as a kid. After trying to teach 7th - 9th graders history (and, heaven forbid, trying to get them to think too), I took up pottery. It's cheaper than a therapist. So now I either throw clay on my wheel... or at the wall, depending on how things went at school that day... blaugh

I'm still computer illiterate but I'm learning how to get pictures posted. Eventually I hope to get a few pictures of my pieces in my Gaia journal. Please feel free to take a peek! Hope to have them in there in the next couple of days. biggrin

You need to make your journal viewable for all so we can see what you have done.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 11:01 am
Lil-Jo
Rhiannon2006

You need to make your journal viewable for all so we can see what you have done.

OOPS! redface Will figure out how to do that. Didn't know it was unavailable! Thanks, Lil!  

Rhiannon2006

Lil-Jo
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:27 pm
Rhiannon2006
Lil-Jo
Rhiannon2006

OOPS! redface Will figure out how to do that. Didn't know it was unavailable! Thanks, Lil!

Cute puppy  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:34 pm
Lil-Jo
Rhiannon2006
Lil-Jo
Rhiannon2006

Cute puppy

Mick and I thank you!  

Rhiannon2006

Eirwyn

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:45 am
I got one of those "Knifty Knitter" knitting hoops & having never knitted in any way shape or form before, embarked on making a full-blown Doctor Who Scarf. mrgreen
It's maybe 9 or 10 feet now.
Last night I was eating sushi in front of the TV & spilled my tray of soy sauce & wasabi on the floor...on a skein of teal yarn...& on my SCARF!!! scream scream scream
This stuff better wash out when I get this scarf done!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:43 am
Have a couple more pottery pictures up in journal... Getting the hang of this computer... *keeping fingers crossed*... biggrin  

Rhiannon2006

Lil-Jo
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 5:09 pm
An update on my kitchen project... I haven't done much this summer because the heat is hard for me to work in and there is no air in the house. I tore down the cabinet above the diswasher and put up 2 more cabinets, and also finished rewiring the kitchen too...
User Image
sorry it is blurred...
User Image

I have currently been working on the floor in the hall... there is no air movement and the humidity is horrible so I do about 20 minutes of work and take a break... the hallway is a little over half done now.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:23 pm
Nice cabinets, Jo! Your kitchen is going to be beautiful when you finish! biggrin

We're slowly but surely clearing out the basement and hope to start finishing out that area. Want to put in a bedroom and large common area. Hope to be putting up sheetrock in October as soon as we finish the wiring, ductwork and plumbing.  

Rhiannon2006

freaxy
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:38 pm
drawing, computer modding, electronics, little bit of programming, origami, engraving, carving, and so on...what else is there? I give up. sweatdrop  
Gaian Geezers Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff