Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Introduction Threads
Survived the 30's - 70's...? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

When were you born?
1930's
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
1940's
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
1950's
15%
 15%  [ 8 ]
1960's
17%
 17%  [ 9 ]
1970's
64%
 64%  [ 33 ]
Total Votes : 51

Pesh

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:49 pm
xd That's so true.

My sister used to eat snails, and squish them in her hands... xp  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 9:00 pm
otakujack
i was born in 1980. *feels inadeqate* crying
1979 gonk Couldn't enjoy much in a year... Though being out in the country for 15 years sorta helped. Ran around a lot of trees and looked out for cool birds and stuff. 3nodding But then didn't have any friends o.o;

there was a creek like thingy that we had to cross to get to our house, and a rickety bridge, and i remember standing and sitting on the edge, with a whole thing of fishing like and a safety pin tied on, trying to "catch" fish whee though kinda got upset when i threw the first one in by accident... o.O;  

caladrius

Saiyana2

4,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 3:17 pm
You forgot sodas were a dime, candy bars a nickle, and movies cost fifty cents.
Wading in swamps catching snakes and playing in the woods without worrying if someone was lurking.
And cartoons weren't pg reated and cleaned-up when Daffy Duck got smacked or Wiley Coyote fell off the cliff you saw them hit!  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:17 pm
Wow, that was cool, I feel old now, but that was cool. I would like to a** that if it rained you played with Lincoln logs, matchbox cars and hot wheels, tinker toys, and legos, and they were not in a video game format. Banana seats were cool once. GI Joes were big enough to date your sisters Barbie. And lastly family night at the drive in.  

Tenshi Naito

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:51 pm
Zantriel SilverMoon
Wow, that was cool, I feel old now, but that was cool. I would like to a** that if it rained you played with Lincoln logs, matchbox cars and hot wheels, tinker toys, and legos, and they were not in a video game format. Banana seats were cool once. GI Joes were big enough to date your sisters Barbie. And lastly family night at the drive in.
Complete with grocery bags filled with home-popped corn, done in a pan over the stove.... whee

Sunday morning breakfast, special treat of Maple Bars, and real Coca-Cola, reading the funnies. xd  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:55 pm
Lil Brat
Zantriel SilverMoon
Complete with grocery bags filled with home-popped corn, done in a pan over the stove.... whee

Sunday morning breakfast, special treat of Maple Bars, and real Coca-Cola, reading the funnies. xd

Yeah, on the stove popcorn, my dad (god rest his soul) still made it that way till the day he died, I would go over his place on sundays and we would watch movies and eat popcorn.
I wasn't allowed to drink soda pop as a kid, my dad always said that it would make me short, I'm 5'7", hate to think what would have happened if I did drink soda, lol. xp  

Tenshi Naito

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:11 pm
My dad did popcorn that way, too. He passed when I was 16. Took me awhile to learn how to make it that way without burning myself.

Coca-Cola was a very rare treat in our house, maybe once every 6 - 8 mos. Usually when one of us had lost a tooth - so he could put it in a glass of the stuff and show us what happened to it... eek xp

I still don't drink much of that stuff.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:15 pm
Lil Brat
My dad did popcorn that way, too. He passed when I was 16. Took me awhile to learn how to make it that way without burning myself.

Coca-Cola was a very rare treat in our house, maybe once every 6 - 8 mos. Usually when one of us had lost a tooth - so he could put it in a glass of the stuff and show us what happened to it... eek xp

I never saw what happened before, and i don't want to, lol. I live on soda right now, I'm back in college, and work full time to boot, I need corn syrup and sugar to live, lol.

PS: I was looking through the pics and I thought you look a bit like Sigourney Weaver.  

Tenshi Naito

Galangal

5,500 Points
  • Member 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:45 pm
Zantriel SilverMoon

Of course, we did. Although there were only an occational drive in.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:50 pm
Zantriel SilverMoon
Lil Brat

I never saw what happened before, and i don't want to, lol. I live on soda right now, I'm back in college, and work full time to boot, I need corn syrup and sugar to live, lol.

PS: I was looking through the pics and I thought you look a bit like Sigourney Weaver.

The stuff that they call Coca-Cola now is weak compare to when I was growing up.  

Galangal

5,500 Points
  • Member 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Citizen 200

Tenshi Naito

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:58 pm
I don't remeber how strong Coke was before, I think they changed it with New Coke gonk scream .  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 10:02 pm
They killed the old coke... and you don't want to know what it'd do to a tooth - twas very bad, me thinks I'm scarred for life.

((Thank you - Sigorney still looks good - much better than Steven Tyler)) xd  

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

Tenshi Naito

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 10:14 pm
Lil Brat
They killed the old coke... and you don't want to know what it'd do to a tooth - twas very bad, me thinks I'm scarred for life.

((Thank you - Sigorney still looks good - much better than Steven Tyler)) xd

Very true, I'm still trying to fig out how he's the father of Liv...
(You are welcome)  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 10:17 pm
Welcome to the guild, Galangel.

Not sure how that whole Liv thing worked. The Steven Tyler comment is based on a comment I put into the "Do you look like someone famous" thread. One of my co-workers told me I looked like him... day before my birthday - if it hadn't been so funny, I might have cried...  

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

Tenshi Naito

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 10:22 pm
Lil Brat
Welcome to the guild, Galangel.

Not sure how that whole Liv thing worked. The Steven Tyler comment is based on a comment I put into the "Do you look like someone famous" thread. One of my co-workers told me I looked like him... day before my birthday - if it hadn't been so funny, I might have cried...

I just can't see how someone would say that, even in jest.  
Introduction Threads

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff