Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reality: Resurrection!

Back to Guilds

relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply 8: The Nerd/Geek Hangout! Here we discuss programming, roleplaying, anime, and other nerdy things!
My friends play D&D : [ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Play D&D with them?
  AGH! God, no!
  If your friends are nerds, you probably are too. Just play.
View Results

Daylight Atheist

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:28 am
Nothing wrong with D&D...

I play a bit, and my bro is a hardcore gamer. He's DMing a session with me and a few other people soon, and I'm lookin' forward to it.

(Go Kensai prestige class!)  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 1:55 pm
You should play.
It calls to you.
It's not all "Oh! Look they're casting magic! They're satanists!"
I'm sorry, I find the whole 'D&D is evil' thing funny.  

Sexy no jitsu

Storm_Airielle

Fashionable Explorer

8,750 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 4:23 pm
I play D&D and Rifts, I do love to play Rifts, as well as some other RPG's. It is fun. Espeically with a good group of friends.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:25 pm
Well now I just have to post this..just in case some of you have never seen it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFB8izX2Uks&search=dungeons and dragons satan's game

You all must watch it!  

MrBobVilla
Vice Captain

Kekma

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:07 pm
Even if you say you are not the best at illistrating things in your head, a good Dungeon Master (the person that controls the "world", game, and NonPlayer Charactors) will find a way to make it interesting to every player.

Even though it is such a fun game in itself (because you are only limited by your own actions), most of the time DnD is just an excuse to hang out with your friends, and exploring alter egos and diffrent "Charactor Personalities."

DnD can be the best game out there, depending on if you and the DM see eye to eye on what you would like to do in the game. It can be in depth story and plot driven, it can be a mindless hack-n-slash, puzzle-like, or any mixture of the three.

Talk to the DM a little bit so you can figure out a few of the campain's particular tweeks. Also asking him/her for a suggestion or two before you make your charactor. If this is your first time being a Player Charactor, I would suggest a human fighter. They can be as simple or complex as you would like them to be, and many biggeners like the ammount of Hit Points they end up with, so it's harder to die the first time around.

I think the worst thing you can do is to not try it. If you don't know exactly what you are missing out on, try not to judge it so harshly until you see up-close and personally what it is all about. By all meens, if you don't like it the first time at all, you will have a right to not want to play it again, and you won't have to. Just remember to have fun with it.

^_^  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:26 pm
heart blaugh D&D is the best game ever, i don't get to play it that much now, but i still love it to death heart  

chuckles_B.

Epic Fail Girl

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:10 pm
It never hurts to try something new. I was surprised to find many people I thought had no nerd in them played it. The only thing I would say is important is the people you play with. Sometimes they don't always see eye to eye in how others play. If it doesn't work out with your friends but you enjoyed it try other people or other kinds or RPG. Ones I would reccomend are GURPS, D20 Modern, or Deadlands (Old West Style meets SciFi).  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 5:03 am
I have recruited one of my children to the darkside......my daughter (the one that turned me on to Gaia) plays D n D (halfling Druid) and goes to Science Fiction Conventions.

I play and I DM.....I am recruiting my husband and his friends to the darkside......

come one Danno join us.........  

gfdkmhgkmgh

MrBobVilla
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:38 pm
Hehe... I wish my family all played D&D.

But they arent cool enough for that. cry  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:11 am
MrBobVilla
Hehe... I wish my family all played D&D.

But they arent cool enough for that. cry

And that is what good friends are for.

Anyway, what did you decide to do, my dear?  

Kekma

MrBobVilla
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:55 pm
I admit I am kind of tired.

But what was I deciding on doing exactly? O-O
I totally forgot. o-o  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:30 pm
Dungeons and dragons? So many shows make fun of that game now. I've never played it so I can't say anything bad about it, but I had the same problem with my friends. I'm what you call a drifter. My emo friends want me to go goth and my preppy friends want to hang with me all the time. My nerdy friends want me to play games I've never heard of, so here's my advise: There's more to life than Dungeons and Dragons, politely say you're not interested and continue to do the things that you all like to do and enjoy doing. heart  

Benevolent Rose

Loyal Pup

14,375 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Benevolent Rose

Loyal Pup

14,375 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:51 pm
What? No one is speaking anymore? I am alone?!? NOOOOO!!! gonk  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:29 pm
MrBobVilla
Yesssss...join us.... you know you want to.
Come play with us Danno...

*laughs* I'm with him actually. I play and I still have a semi-normal life...

I'm an Anime Nerd by nature though, being the only female in our 6 person DnD group isn't as easy as one may think. I'm a lvl 5 Elven Rogue. ^_^ And Proud!  

Sarasa_Kimura

Heartsalchemy

5,350 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 3:43 pm
Play D&D with your friends only if the DM is good. I have a bad DM now and the games suck.  
8: The Nerd/Geek Hangout! Here we discuss programming, roleplaying, anime, and other nerdy things!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games