Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reality: Resurrection!

Back to Guilds

relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply 8: The Nerd/Geek Hangout! Here we discuss programming, roleplaying, anime, and other nerdy things!
BAND NERDS! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you love band?
  Yes. <333
View Results

solid_sam

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:35 pm
yeah i like band!!!! band camp sucked!!!! (nuffin like the movie) i play the clarinet (5 years) sooooo im good at it....ive been in 2 parades and the football games are comin up...o yeah!!! biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:25 pm
I play Clarinet. It'll be my 7th and last year when school starts up agian. I've stayed away from marching though, it just doesn't seem intresting to me, I prefer concerts plain and simple. I love concert music, it's so much more intracate then marches.  

digi~~girl

7,150 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Champion 300

Pop-Tart Bunny

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:53 am
this is only my second year playing clarinet.

Tip: if you buy that minty stuff you spray in your mouth from ingles and spray it on your reed, band will be even better! mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:22 am
When I start school on August 21 I will be entering my 4th year of clarinet. I started in 4th grade and wow time does fly.

However, I disagree to the fact that we are nerds/geeks whatever. Stereotyping is wrong.

Is it just me or are there a lot of clarinet players here?  

MarineManiac

fluteboy1992

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:45 am
MarineManiac
When I start school on August 21 I will be entering my 4th year of clarinet. I started in 4th grade and wow time does fly.

However, I disagree to the fact that we are nerds/geeks whatever. Stereotyping is wrong.

Is it just me or are there a lot of clarinet players here?

Wow! Look at all the Woodwinds!!!  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:19 pm
Why are there always so many woodwinds?!?
Well, here is another trumpet! I have been playing for not quite a year... I was pretty good, but then second semester came around and I didn't have music every day, so now I can't play as well... very sad...
Hooray for Band!  

fantasier_xp

AngelOfRapture

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:47 am
Pop-Tart Bunny
this is only my second year playing clarinet.

Tip: if you buy that minty stuff you spray in your mouth from ingles and spray it on your reed, band will be even better! mrgreen

I'm a brass player but even i know that the minty stuff will gum up your pads and make your reeds go faster. our band director yells at any one in our band who tries to use that or the flavored reeds...

I play
Trumpet 7 years now (i havn't played it in awhile though)
Baritone/euphonium-3 years (my favorite and best instrument, I was first chair euphonium at Indiana State University's All-Star Honor band earlier this year)
Trombone- 3 years
Tuba- 2years (i march tuba and actually i'm the top tuba, euphonium and trombone at my school unless some freshman can really step it up and challenge me this year)  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:24 pm
Tenor saxaphone player here! Jazz band for 3 years, and been playin music for all my life! Music is all I live and breath...plus CO2, and I live for God. (The one and only!) Plus I luffed band camp last year, was a lot of fun and we gots into so much trouble those days...ah good times...  

Daigo Himazaki

[.oishii`.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:29 pm
I play the alto sax. Actually band lately has begun to die for me and I don't enjoy it as much as I did.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 7:06 pm
I play trumpet. I used to play flute...which I didn't really like...and it was my aunt's so she took it back and I got a trumpet for Christmas whee I'm going to be a freshman but I can't be in band this year because I'm going to be in Beginning Art Major and Sop/Alto choir for ec classes. crying But I will be in marching band and go to band camp next year!!! I started trumpet half way through 7th grade and in 8th I got 3rd chair. ><  

[Baka-chan]

OoBn637O

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:38 pm
I play trombone! I hate marching band, but I am still in it anyway.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:04 pm
percussionist! ^.^ I'm not in band anymore, 1. because I'm too sick and 2. our HS band teacher is evil as hell. AND HE WON'T LET GIRLS PLAY THE SNARES scream scream scream scream so yeah, I'm not in band anymore, but I still luff the drums.  

R`e`n

Dapper Fatcat

[Baka-chan]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:00 pm
AnimeDragonofFire
percussionist! ^.^ I'm not in band anymore, 1. because I'm too sick and 2. our HS band teacher is evil as hell. AND HE WON'T LET GIRLS PLAY THE SNARES scream scream scream scream so yeah, I'm not in band anymore, but I still luff the drums.

That is so stupid he won't let girls play snare! scream  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:12 pm
*hugs all the band nerds*

You guys rule. My lovely boyfriend is a crazed band nerd that plays three instruments.

Sometimes, band nerds are the easiest people to get along with, or the most interesting. So when you are feeling low, just remember, Lilith Le Midge loves you.

3nodding  

Lilith Le Midge

8: The Nerd/Geek Hangout! Here we discuss programming, roleplaying, anime, and other nerdy things!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games