Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reality: Resurrection!

Back to Guilds

relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply 8: The Nerd/Geek Hangout! Here we discuss programming, roleplaying, anime, and other nerdy things!
WII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

what would you like to see on the wii
  super smash brothers brawl
  excite truck
  mario games
  wario ware
  LOZ twilight princess
  nintendo sports(golf,tennis,ping pong)
View Results

Jeff Bohmer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 1:47 pm
Spawn_Reborn818
Zaglax
Wow, I can't wait for the Wii! I hope I have enough money to get it by the release date. Isn't there supposed to be a remake of FF VII? I think it was supposed to be on the Wii....
I have no idea. I kinda doubt it though.
well sorta, i think it's just vincent valentine and it's going to be a tps which i think will be cool  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:28 pm
Yes, I am nintendo deprieved.
Yes, I just got my first Gameboy last Christmas.
Yes, I only have one good game in my possession.
But when I heard, I gasped.
When I watched, I drooled.
And when I get it, I Will Die

With my W!!  

Fascienne

Trippetta

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:05 pm
I got an SP a while back, and we just got a DS...while trying to save for a 360... rolleyes

Can I play with your Wii?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:29 pm
This topic has brought to you by The Knights Who Say "Wii!!!" domokun

Now, back to the topic. LoZ would be my pick, though I don't really know who would win on the Wii vs. X-Box 360 vs. PS3 wars. We gotta see. Of course I'm on any side except Sony's. rolleyes (Since all the rootkit and PSP incidents, they have lost all my respect. The ol' good Sony from the PSX era has died.)  

Arthurion

Musashi_EXE

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:11 pm
I can't wait for the Wii to come out, it looks awesome! Also, I can't wait for the horrible Wii jokes to end! evil  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:51 pm
Wii don't really think that is going to happen any time soon. :p

Personally, I think the Wii looks like garbage. Graphics are horrible. Its really what games decide to do with the control scheme that will make or break it. In the end, I think it will be in dead last place once again.  

MrBobVilla
Vice Captain

Jeff Bohmer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:57 pm
MrBobVilla

Personally, I think the Wii looks like garbage. Graphics are horrible. Its really what games decide to do with the control scheme that will make or break it. In the end, I think it will be in dead last place once again.
........shut the ******** up, flamer  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:46 am
jdbhac
MrBobVilla

........shut the ******** up, flamer

/agree, you do not know what you're talking about. The Wii will be awesome.

I do not want a 360, nor a PS3. Frankly, I don't think the PS3 wil top either of the other two. It will be nothing more than a fancy DVD player. The X Box has its many fans, but it's a lot pricier than the Wii. With Wii's $250 price tag, it's what the poor, broke bastards like me will be saving for. It has the awesome new controllers, it has Zelda, and it's Nintendo, which is all that loyal Nintendo fans like me will ever need to see to know it's worth buying.  

SoullessTenshi

The_Ky-Guy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:17 pm
The Nintendo Wii will be awesome. I can't wait for the innovative gameplay, internet features and backwards compatibility that will be available on the system.

I, for one, am stoked! 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:23 pm
Uuuuh... All they have ghong for them is a gimmick!?
thats a pretty hefty gimmick if you ask me....
I dont see any other platforms going truly interactive.
But you know people hate new ideas... sure itll fade away.
rolleyes  

Master Morality

Alphawolf540

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:26 am
truthfully.. im not against any system.. i personally want a wii first and then a 360 for certain games.. i.e. dead rising xd .... anyways sony disappointed me by the ungodly high price on their PS3... honestly how many sales would they get with such a price? not many ill tell ya that.. .but nintendo.. they went intelligent and came up with something new.. which may i remind you was a big hit at e3 and an even bigger hit with developers... so ya nintendo will have its big comeback... meanwhile im waiting till november!!  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 5:48 am
I was going to get the Wii for christmas but now my mom has to start going through cemotherpy, I'm just getting the TP for Wii and i'll have to save up my own money for the Wii. Which is hard for a 14 year old girl.  

Uno Apples

Partying Prophet

5,200 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Tycoon 200

Roaming Anarchist

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:29 pm
I'm camping outside hte nearest electronice store if I have to ^_^.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:35 pm
The only reason I'd buy a PS3 is for Metal Gear Solid 4  

Roaming Anarchist

takocos

Dapper Genius

4,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:20 am
MrBobVilla
If Wii makes more money than PS3 or Xbox I would be very, very surprised. All they have going for them is a gimmick effect. That will grow old after a while and Wii will fade away just like the previous Nintendo platforms have.

What pervious nintendo consoles faded away? I mean, I've been accused of being a Sony fangirl (200+ games owned, played, beanten & counting) and I've been known to spend a day or two running amock on Fable, but two simple words will cause any real gamer to remember why they became a gamer in the first place: Sigeru Myomoto.

The estemed Mr. Myamoto saved this genre when Atari killed Intellivision and everyone's interest. He came to the states with little more then his girlfriend and a dream, and practically cured childhood illiteracy (not just through great games, but through a variety of charity causes) and now he's expanded to try and cure the childhood obesity epidemic.

Also, though I can't speak for X-box because even they've admitted that they put out 4 good games (when asked why the 360 wasn't back compatable with all games, the company replied, 'It's back compatable with any game that you would actually play"), but Sony has pissed me off with their Sega pulling bullshittery. For starters, blue ray- I don't need a Beta Max player; and when the cheapest Lazerdisk player on the market is $700; you've got a problem. Secondly, Sony is bitchy about the way they steal Mr. Myamoto's ideas. I mean, that motion sensor tech thing a week before E3? What the hell were they thinking? And pissing off Square with their harddrive feasco? And telling Amy Henning (I don't know if I've spelled her name right) that real women didn't have hips? You don't call a brilliant writer a fat-a** and expect to keep getting her genius work. She's already said that any new games she writes are coming out across platforms. They've just made mistake after mistake, and though I dearly love my PS2, there's no way I'm shoveling out $700 for her annoying little brother.

Virtual console, virtual reality, and Link's hot a**. Come on, at least all the strait chick/gay guy gamers are guaranteed for Nintendo. Everyone is returning to their roots, and I for one, heartely endorse it. Thank god God of War is coming out for PS2 insted of next gen. I would cry if I couldn't get it.  
8: The Nerd/Geek Hangout! Here we discuss programming, roleplaying, anime, and other nerdy things!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games