Welcome to Gaia! ::

Final Fantasy Addicts Anonymous Guild

Back to Guilds

"Helping" Final Fantasy fans with their addictions since 2004. 

Tags: Final Fantasy, RPGs, Square Enix 

Reply Chatterbox (Non-FF Discussion)
FMA Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Did you know?
  Yes, duh!!
  Wow... I had no idea... *looks shocked*
View Results

Kiya1314

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:59 pm
Shinigami_Eyes_Dante661
i was wondering why square was making games for fma i love show i actually cryed when huges died

lol I did. But its made by square, huh? Thats awesome!!  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:20 pm
eek eek eek eek eek eek eek eek eek eek eek it was made by SE OMG eek eek eek eek eek eek eek eek eek eek eek  

Leo Lionheart333

3,950 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

Aya und Wolf

Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:58 pm
FMA was great. It was so sad at some points though, especially with Ed and Al's past. The episodes with the Butcher made me cry crying . Ahh, I remember that Roy was my favorite character. Yupp, of course it was great and made by Enix. And even then L'arc en ciel did the opening. It just gets better and better.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:13 pm
the games short but good.....  

Ryuna_08

memphiskite

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:11 am
Doesn't it say somewhere in the credits that Square-Enix was responsible for its production?

I love FMA... my second full-time fav... sighs  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:14 pm
Mmm, FMA is serialized in Square's magazine (so is Soul Eater), and the FMA games were made by Square.  

ArikaiHart

Schutzhund

5,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:11 am
I didn't know that.

I did like FMA, but it went quite moody towards the end. I felt a bit that it was sped up or that team that made it even lost ideas or motivation or time at some point. More good though than depressing things.

That kind of reality/world was very inviting. I'd love to see more military related things, Roy and his crew. Something serious, not just funny episodes. There was so much good characters not just along blue coats.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:09 pm
I don't think it's that they lost ideas... even though there were total surprises at the end, like, y'know, [Nazis], you could still see how the rest of the series was leading up to the rest of it. It did maybe seem a little rushed, though.

I'd definitely like to see more, though! Didn't we... we didn't mention the new series on this thread? The one based on the manga? Oh well. I'd have been happier with more of the old season, but I'm still really excited for the new one.  

Ravenwolf
Captain

Friendly Werewolf

Schutzhund

5,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:39 am
Aye, rushed is more accurate than lack of creativity. I did like the ending too and how it turned out.

New series? I haven't aware of those, but I also have no habit of reading manga or keeping up with related news. By what name it goes? Read: tell me more!  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:39 pm
Schutzhund
Aye, rushed is more accurate than lack of creativity. I did like the ending too and how it turned out.

New series? I haven't aware of those, but I also have no habit of reading manga or keeping up with related news. By what name it goes? Read: tell me more!

The new FMA series begins on April 3 (in three days). It will tell the TRUE story of FMA that is based on the manga. BONES (which made the 1st FMA series) is also making this one.  

Soujii-sama

Ravenwolf
Captain

Friendly Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:49 pm
Yup! From the very little I've seen, the art style is closer to the manga than the first series, but it's not that different, so it shouldn't take much getting used to. Here's a short trailer for it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36sFAWK-g3E

I thought it was April 5, though?  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:54 pm
I really liked the first version better for the anime... since I don't see the point in watching what you already read in the manga... that's what I love about creativity...

Not that I'm saying the anime storyline was better than the manga version - in my opinion and from the stuff I've already read, the manga storyline is better than the anime version, for me! xp

In response to Schutzhund, there is actually some FMA military stories but in a novelization form - however, they're not that captivating to keep reading in my opinion...  

memphiskite

Schutzhund

5,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:20 am
memphiskite
In response to Schutzhund, there is actually some FMA military stories but in a novelization form - however, they're not that captivating to keep reading in my opinion...

It might depend on writing style and is there a hook for a reader. I'd skip a novel if its not so well written and there isn't hook interesting enough, not so well written story can be semi-interesting and readable if I'm myself interested on certain part of it.

I watch Clone wars animations even I don't like MANY things about it. I just like much many other things at it, like the universe itself, cultures, ships and races....  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:51 pm
There's a lot more military stuff in the manga. I also personally thing the manga is better. Not that the anime isn't good (actually, from what I saw, it was pretty intresting).

I AM TOTALLY EXCITED  

ArikaiHart

Soujii-sama

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:48 pm
I just finished watching the first episode of the new series - Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood.

It was awesome. As expected, they started with a bang with Ed & Al joining up with Mustang & Armstrong to chase down the Ice alchemist. It was filled with a lot of familiar elements like Hughes doting over his daughter, Mustang annoyed at Hughes, Armstrong "elegantly" showing off his muscles, and of course a few jokes thrown in making fun of Edward's height.

You got to see the Fuhrer in action (if only for a second) and catch your 1st glimpse of Lust & Gluttony scheming in Lior.

The animation style is pretty much the same (since BONES also did the 1st series), but the action sequences seem slightly faster. The new opening is great.

You gotta hand it to BONES - every year you can count on them to produce a quality show - this is a great follow-up to Soul Eater & Darker than BLACK.  
Chatterbox (Non-FF Discussion)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff